Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #2

Just wanted to let you know that Patrick is in hospital with bronchiolitis. He keeps de-sating so they are going to start him on oxygen soon.

tiggy Guest

oh Jess,
    I'm so sorry to hear that.
    I hope he gets well soon.

belmarks Guest

Oh Jess, hopefully he will make a speedy recovery now that he is having the best care for his bronchiolitis. Keep your chin up hun xxx

Fingers crossed over here jess - Xander had bronchiolitis at 6w and 11w, and i know how scary it is. He got thru it after a week in hospital. hugs to you guys

Thinking of Patrick at the moment Jess. Hope he recovers soon

Also thinking of ur little Patrick. i pray he'll have a speedy recovery and u'll have him back with u asap

Hi girls! Sorry I haven't posted for a while - I've been finding things a bit hectic with my return to work. Although I do still read and keep up with all your news even if I'm not posting myself...

Jess...I hope Patrick is doing ok. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Tiff...how are your little bubbas doing? I can't believe that you weren't taken seriously at first. I hope they are recovering well. Is Ivy going ok with her antibiotics? How are you doing? Thank you for the beautiful messages that you left on Georgia's website. I was very touched.

Rae...hi and welcome! It's nice to have another mum to chat to in here. We haven't had any problems with the allergic reactions that you mentioned. I hope the testing can get it all sorted out for Ella, it must be very scary. My son Joshua was born in August also, so I will probably catch up with you in August buddies too...

Nic...you'll have to post some of your Pixie photos - they sound gorgeous!

Carrie...hope you are having a lovely time in Adelaide.

Hi to all the other mums...Kirsty, Louise, Bel, Simone, Rac...how are all of you and your little ones doing?

Josh is doing well, although he has had a dreadful time with teething over the past couple of weeks. His top two front teeth have been coming down and have been really bothering him. They are sitting just under the surface ready to cut through now, so hopefully he will be feeling better soon. He is going well with his crawling...he does a mixture of commando and hands and knees crawling now. He seems to have found his appetite too, which is great. For the first time in his life he is finishing bottles and he is really enjoying his solids too.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend...

Hi Bec,

good to hear from you again. i hope Josh's teeth cut through soon so he can get on with being a happy bubba!
    I just read Georgia's site, tears started as soon as i heard the song playing. Israel K, we played this song while signing the register @ our wedding. Its such a lovely version isn't it. i remember the first time i heard it at the end of a tv show then searched high and low to find out the artist and title because i just couldnt get it out of my head. I lit a candle for her too. Its such a lovely website in memory of her.
    I'll scan the pixi photos when i get them.

tiggy Guest

Hi Bec,

Great to hear from you, glad to hear that Josh is going well with food and mobility! Sorry to hear he is having terrible trouble with those pesky teeth! How is work going?
    That was my pleasure re; your beutiful Georgia's site. I cried so hard when I read her story, it sounded very much like Will's.

Noah is 100% better than this time, last week. He is smiley and screechy! Back to his usual self. (I've put some more pics of them both on the birth and beyond hyperlink site if you want to see). Ivygirl is still plodding along. I think she is doing ok and then she has a really bad day or night or both. We are off to the girls' paed in Sydney tomorrow and she is going to see Ivy and Noah for me. I trust her and she has known me and my family for ten years, so I hope she will be able to help. It's such a long way down, so I am hoping it will be worth it. Not much else to report at this end.

Went over to hospital today to see Patrick.I lasted 20 mins, before I burst into tears!
    They put him on oxygen last night and the nasal prongs didn't work, so put a box over his head and pumped humidfied air into it.There is only one thing wrong with this, and that's the fact that noone can hold him and I can't BF him.
    I was full on my left side last night so I expressed it of, but unfortunately my right side decided that when it was full, it was too tender to touch and now because of the virus I have, I now have Mastitis in my right side.
    About 3 hours ago I started to get really cold and I just thought, that the virus was hitting me hard, but then I started hallucinating and I was delirious. Apparently I thought Patrick was next to me and then he had disappeared. I was literally screaming DH said.He finally got some nurofen into me and I feel a bit better now.

Oh jess, how awful this must be, i remember how scary it was, the box is awful, but it will get him better and help him alot more than the prongs will... He will be home in no time at all. You are all in our thoughts and prayers...

Nic...thanks so much for visting Georgia's site and for lighting a candle.

You too Bel...it is much appreciated. I hope all is well with you and Coby. I love his latest ticker pic. So cute!

Tiff...work is going ok. Although the night shifts are taking it out of me! I think I'm getting old! Love the new pics of Ivy and Noah. Do people tell you that Noah looks just like you? I can see you in both Ivy and Noah, but Noah moreso. He sounds like Josh - smiley and screechy! I hope the paed can help you out. If you're ever in Sydney again, I'd love to catch up - you'll have to let me know! I know what you mean about Georgia & William's story and pictures...very similar. I have to say I've always had a special soft spot for your little guy since I first heard his story as Georgia was actually due on 3/4/04 and there are so many parallels. I've actually been feeling a little shaken up over the last few days as a workmate lost her baby girl at 12 days old last week due to an undiagnosed heart condition. Brought back a lot of memories and made me think of your little guy too...

Jess...you poor chook, I would be in tears too. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better now. Take good care of yourself and let your family look after you too. Thinking of you and little Patrick...hope he is doing better soon...

belmarks Guest

Tiff, how did you go at the paed??

had Nixon weighed today. He is 3 months today

he was 4250g ( increase 260g in 10days)
    length was 56.5cm (grown 1.5cm in 10days)
    head 37.5cm (grown .5cm in 10days)
    very happy with his growth as it seemed to be slowing down the last few times.

Tiff - How did the Paed appointment go? I know what it's like when they have a bad day/night and even both as we are going through that since last night.. heheh

Jess - I am so sorry to hear about little Patrick back in hospital.. There are alot of things going around at the moment and Ronan even had to go and have an RSV immunisation because the baby behind him contracted the virus the day after he left..

Nickers - That is fantastic news about Nixon! He is certainly growing rapidly now and his measurements are awesome..

Bec - I can't believe your doing night shift! How in the world are you coping? That is great about the crawling too..

Simone - How is everything going now that your little girl is at home?

Well Ronan is going well besides still having his night and day mixed up.. He has had a crappy day today and i didn't get to bed until 6.30am this morning.. He has all his appointments coming up so hopefully he passes with flying colours.. His measurements as of a week ago are:

Weight: 4439 (up 160 grams in 4 days)
    Length: 53cms
    Head: 38cms

He will be weighed in another couple of days and i am sure he will have passed the 4.5kg mark..

Hi Racs!
    good to hear from you, Ive just visited Ronans website I was wondering how he was doing since being at home. sounds like he is keeping you busy! but such a better busy then going to and from hospital.
    what is RSV?
    are you still breastfeeding Ronan?
    Oh & Happy 4months Ronan!!

Yeah a much better busy only i don't sleep at night now!

RSV - Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is the most common cause of bronchiolitis and pneumonia among infants and children under 1 year of age.

They ended up having 3 babies come down with the virus and they closed off the bay which Ronan was last in before coming home, so it looks like we were LUCKY he left when he did.. In regards to breastfeeding, naw the little man gets too frustrated and won't latch on (could be environmental) not sure so i have been continuing the expressing and occasionally formula feeding.. It was getting to the point where i was sooooo frustrated with him not wanting to breast that in reality it isn't worth it for both our sakes.. If he is looking for more food i try to put him on and when he does he's asleep in 2 mins.. hehehe

Happy 3 Months to Nixon TOO!

geez it sounds very lucky Ronan did leave when he did and didnt catch anything from other bubs.i heard broncholitis is goin around at the moment, my friends two boys 7months and 2yrs end up in hosp last week for a few days with it.
    You have to try and learn to put yourself to sleep when Ronan sleeps if its in the day! otherwise u become a walking zombie! and i guess you are really getting to know him atill because as many times as u go into hosp you dont get to see their patterns until u r with them all the time.
    how did u do the hand and feet thing in hosp? I tried doing it today with Nixon but just made a big mess!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast