Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things kids say & do

On Thursday night Granny (MIL) who is known for using babyish words was trying to get Zander to eat some dinner. She's saying to him, "Have a little tree, c'mon Zander just one little tree." Zander looked at what she was holding & clear as a bell said, "broccoli?" HAHAHA! Should have seen the look on Granny's face, she was a tad surprised I think!!

This one happened quite some time ago, but I've only just found this thread...

DD and I were out one day when we saw 2 ladies holding hands. DD turned to me and said "Mum look, Margeasexuals" I said I beg your pardon and she repeated it.

I asked her what she meant... (are you ready for this??) She said to me when 2 men love each other they are homer-sexuals, and when 2 women love each other they are marge-asexuals... Too much Simpsons?? I think so!

Zander had a temp last night so I had the thermometer out. This morning he picked it up & took it to Lightning McQueen & checked his temp. His response "too high mummy, need medicine" which was pretty well what I said to Aaron last night LOL!

Alex and I were talking about where people come from (not what you think - people who live in Australia are Australian, people who live in England are English, people who live in America are Americans, etc).

I asked him what people who lived in Chile were called, and he said "JUMPERS"!

Someone said to me the other this should become the Zander thread So right people, post some more stories!!!!

Last night when Zander went to bed, we had chats. He told me about playing in the sand with Granma & Da on Friday, how his feet got dirty & he wasn't allowed inside til they were clean. He also said the cat pooed in the sand & now it's yucky & Granma has to buy more. This lead to.....

Z: Jump puddles tomorrow?
    Me: There's no puddles at the moment, it's hasn't been rainining.
    Z: Ooooooh
    Me: We have to wait for some more rain to make puddles.
    Z: Granma buy more rain please?
    Me: No, Granma can't buy it, the rain comes from the sky.
    Z: Oooooh, Granma buy it (from) sky?

Then he went on to talk about Lightning McQueen!! It just cracked me up so much I'll have to tell my mum she has to go into the sky to buy us some more rain, now why didn't the farmers in draught think of that

OK, not hugely funny, more mischievious but I still had a giggle.

Tehya was in the toy room playing quietly. Never trust a 2 year old that is playing quietly.

Anyway, she called out to me, "Mummy, Come" So in I go to find her hiding behind a toy thing, pants off. She had a tube, that was once full, nearly empty. It was a tube of Body Gloss by Palmers. This stuff is like the cocoa butter, very thick only its sparkly.

Tehya had rubbed it all over her fanny. What a pretty sparkly fanny she now has !!

I'm a teacher so I have heaps that I could put in here

I teach 4 and 5 year old children and they are very interested/ curious about their own and others' bodies a this stage. One of my mum's told me when her DD was hopping out of the bath, she slipped with legs either side of the bath *ouch*. Anyway, the child proclaimed in a loud voice (understandably) "OUCH MY NUTS!"
    Her mum then explained girls don't have "nuts" .

Many children like playing with the baby dolls (yes i'm nuturing some future mothers!) in our class. Lots of them pretend to breastfeed the baby, and one day I asked the children to pack up their playing for lunch. One little one said to me "I'll be a minute- I'm just breastmilking the baby" It was gorgeous!

We were walking out of the toilets at a shopping centre the other day and we passed a lady wawlking in. DD said "excuse me, are you going to do a wee or a poo!" the lady looked at me aghast and I just ushered her out very quickly! At least she said excuse me!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

When i was really really young, my parents had put me to bed, and both went to watch TV before they went to bed, but little old me wanders out and sits down, when my parents asked me what was wrong i replied with 'Nothing, i just want to see what you do when we go to bed'

Hehe there are others too im sure but thats my fave!

Ok seeing as I haven't had any for a month Zander gave me two great ones in two days!!

Last Tuesday Zander had asked me to go faster when I was driving. I told him that I'm not allowed to go too fast or we'll get in trouble with the policemen & he'd get very cranky.

Yesterday we went for a get together with mum's group & Aaron was driving. He took off from the lights & was going a normal speed but the car revved loudly. And this was after only one conversation about speeding!! Aaron thinks I set him up hehe!

Z: No daddy, too fast. Get in trouble with pease car. Pease car get cranky.
    A: Pardon?
    Z: Pease car get cranky, go too fast daddy.
    Me: That's right daddy's going too fast & the police man will get cranky with him.
    Z: (with an exasperated tone) Oh man, daddy get in trouble.

Then this morning when we were going in for our embryo transfer we were talking about babies. Two close friends are pregnant so he knows that they have babies in their tummies. Aaron said that we were go to see the nurse to put a baby in mummy's tummy. He said no, to which we responded why not? He said matter of factly (is that a word LOL) "baby go in bed". So there ya have, babies belong in beds not tummies hehe!

The other day, Elyse decided to play "midwife" - it was so cute! The midwife had just done her home visit about a week or so ago, and Elyse was there for most of it. I just didn't realize how much she was catching! She put her hands all over my tummy, to feel where the baby was, and guessed at where the bum was, and asked if baby was moving a lot, and if I had to pee a lot (!?!), and how I was feeling. Then she pretended to listen to the heartbeat, and made "whooshing" noises. I had quite a time trying to be a serious and calm patient.

Also, a couple of days ago, we were visiting MIL, and Elyse was playing with a huge doll, all dressed up as a bride. They were having a wedding. (my brother just got married, so weddings are a big thing right now.) But we had to go home, and she cried and cried that she couldn't take the dolly with. "But Mum, we just got MARRIED!"
    Where on earth she got that from I don't know, but we sure laughed about it.

Default Isla is never gonna live this one down.

We are trying to TT Glenn. DH took him to the toilet about 15 mintues ago. But he was up in his room with Isla. I could hear Isla whinning a bit so I got up to check what was going on because Glenn can be a bit ruff with her.
    Anyway as I come up the hallway I notice Isla pick something up & put it to her mouth. Glenn was saying No iila & looking at me with a "OH NO" look on his face.
    It was (get ready for it).... POO! Glenn had just PJ pants on, no undies & had done a poo which then fell out of his pants leg. Of course Isla being your typical 10month old picked it up & straight to her mouth!
    I almost wet myself laughing while I cleaned her up.
    Poor thing, maybe she will think twice before putting things in her mouth now!

But that is a story that will be written into her baby book for all to hear about at her 21st!

Smile How Funny!!

I just had to share this...

My sister and her DS, Jaiycob, 2.5yrs popped in for a visit this afternoon and my sister and i went to the kitchen to make coffee's and serve up some cake, so were only away from the children for 10mins max, we went back in and Jaiycob was saying to me "Aunty me cant find it" i asked him what was it that he couldn't find and he just kept saying "cant find it" then sat down and had some cake and played with his cars, we just thought he lost a car. After they left Ethan was just waking for a feed and i could smell that he had done a poo so went to change his nappy and boy did i get a shock when i took his pants off and there was no nappy and he had poo all over him so after he was bathed i rang my sister and told her and she said to her DS "did you take Ethans nappy off?" He said "Yes" and she laughed and said "well where's his new nappy" and he said "Me cant find it"!!!! LOL now we know what he was looking for I will definatley make sure his nappy is kept on next time they visit LOL but it was sooo cute!

Oh thats funny!!

I will take this as a learning curb for the future, thanks

PMSL, what a great story. I'm so glad you can laugh about it!

OMG, that's hillarious!

oh that is so gorgeous!

Red face Funny things kids say & do

Today we were driving along when from in the backseat Noah ask's us
    "How do cow's have babies ?"
    Mark replied by saying "The same way human's do"
    That was too hard for Noah, LOL.
    So we both said "the same way mummy's do"

Noah get's it and say's "oh, In a pool !!"

We had to laugh and then Mark told him that some mummy's have their babies in a pool and some have them on a bed.

I went that step further to tell them that the baby cow's come out of the mummy cows fanny, just like babies do. Of course then he had to ask where their fannies were, and if they were the pink things underneath of them....

Poor Noah, he has alot to learn.

And yes, he has watched Tehya's birth dvd more than a few times

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast