Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things kids say & do

With a cow doula and a cow midwife coaching on the side, and a bull fainting beside her.
    c'mon now Bessy, breathe through it, easy now, just breathe, almost done, OK, good job honey, he's almost here....

kiki Guest

oh my god that is the cutest thing! when I ask Molly how babies come out she goes "out of your fanny, and it hurts ALOT" then she does this imitation of me screeming my head off!!!! How embarassing!!!!!

PMSL how cute though!! I love how they think it's all EXACTLY the same. My DS # 1 used to think that you had babies when you got married.... he even said he was there when his stepmum got pg....lol.

Elyse has a thing with spinning lately, to the point of falling down. So she has been warned several times to be careful when she spins, and not to do it too long. The other day she was looking a little tipsy coming down the stairs, and her father met her on the way up. She said "Careful up there Dad, it's dizzy! The house is going round and round."
    Funny how what a child experiences, they assume everyone else can see/feel too. DH and I had a pretty good laugh later about that.

After DD#1 when she was about 2.5 was spinning in the computer chair. she stopped and said, "Mommy, the house is tipping!"

LOL Glenn has taken to hiding if he thinks he is doing something he knows he shouldn't be. Just now he picked up the curtine rod & I have already told the boys to leave them alone. I just happen to be getting up from here & he seen me dropped it on the ground & ran the other direction, I went after him (just playing) and he grabbed the curtin from the floor & buried his face in it. LOL another case of "I can't see you so you can't see me" LOL so cute

A funny one from Saturday afternoon....

We were getting some groceries for our picnic & I bought some jelly babies. This was the conversation we had when I gave him one....

Z: Baby have baby lolly?
    Me: Nooo, babies don't have any teeth, they can't eat lollies.
    Z: No teeth?
    Me: That's right, no teeth. What do you think the baby can eat?
    Z: Chippies?
    Me: No babies can't eat chippies. Babies have a drink for food, what sort of drink do you think?
    Z: Water?
    Me: No, something else
    Z: (thinks for a bit) MILK!
    Me: Yes, babies have milk for a drink. Do you know where the milk comes from?
    Z: In a cup
    Me: Nope, somewhere else, like you used to have before bed.
    Z: (thinking) cup?
    Me: No, in a bottle.
    Z: Oooooh bottle.
    Me: Or babies can get their milk from mummy's boobies.
    Z: NO WAY!

Me thinks he's going to be in for a bit of a shock!

I have a couple of cute ones from Liebling.

We were out walking with him in the carrier and he was babbling away. He stopped "talking" when he saw an elderly couple on the other side of the road, then decided to shout in a harsh little voice "DIE!". So glad we were nearly at playgroup so I could fall about laughing!

He also said his first sentence Saturday night. He stood up in the bath, looked at me and announced "A-ah-I've a cute bum." I love baby babble sounding like real words! Long may his confidence last.

I have two funnies from this evening.

Aaron has just gotten contact lenses a few days ago, where he normally wears glasses fulltime. Tonight Zander saw him took them out & he comes running out to me in the loungeroom.... "Mummy daddy take eyes out, not take Zander's eyes out." He was in a panic with his hands over his eyes thinking his eyes were going to be taken out!

Then just before bed he was waving his magic wand round going "pocus pocus" and touching things with it! LOL, very cute.
    Last edited by {sarah}; November 5th, 2007 at 06:52 PM.

Bless Zander, that's so cute with the eyes!

Liebling loves to tell me things in the bath. The other night it was "I ga good egg, Dad ga good egg." About 3 times clearly, more just trying to get it out.

There you go, obviously my chaps are the right sort! But is Mum a good egg or a bad egg? DS wasn't letting on.

Last night at dinner Aaron was trying to be funny... He asked Zander 'Who's more fun, mummy or daddy?" Without a moment's hesitation he responded, "ZANDER!" Hehehe too cute.

Default Funny things kids say & do

James and I were lying in bed this morning after he came in to have our pre-get-out-of-bed cuddles. We were looking through that little Johnson & Johnson pregnancy/diary type book and we were looking at the developmental stages, week by week and the diagram of where the baby lies in the mother's body.

We got up to the 30-34 weeks page and he saw the pic of the baby at the top of the page and asked what the umbilical cord was. He went quiet as he pointed to the diagram of the mother's body and said, "mummy, the baby is going to come out of your bottom". I said, "um, yes" - trying not to laugh. He pulled a "yuk" face and then closed the book.

Ah, the joys of motherhood.

Tonight I was cooking dinner (Tacos). The mince was on the sideboard and DSD(4) went to eat some. I said "Don't eat that, It isn't cooked, you will get worms" She stared that the mince, then said "Where are the worms?" Well what could I say.

I then went to put the mince into the pan, she asked "Is that an animal?" followed quickly by "IS IT A DOG?" I couldn't help laughing. I told her "No we don't eat dogs."

Then while we were eating dinner. She held up some cheese asking "Does this have worms in it?"
    Oh No What have I started!!??!!

DH, DD and myself were al over at my mums having a Sunday lunch, putting up the Xmas tree when my brothers DD who is 5 asked her nana about death suddenly. She said 'what happens when you die' and my mum/her nana goes 'well some people get buried and others get cremated'.
    My neice looks at me in horror and goes 'I'm not mean I wil not cook nana....'

Obviously she's had this chat before lol.

When i was going through the MS stage my son would tell people he felt sick. When they ask were and what kind of sick he'd respond "i sick in my belly its baby".

He was telling people this before i had even spread the good news. In the end i had to tell his preschool as they couldnt understand why he was thinking his sickness was a baby. hehe

Talking Kids say the funniest things!

Today Lily had our car's spare key and DH said if you lose it you're in trouble. She said ok and started playing with it etc.

About 5 minutes later she comes up to me and says 'keys gone'. I said 'well you better find them or you will be in trouble' (not angry but just so she knows that its not ok to loose things) And she said to me in a very cranky voice 'no you in trouble' then pointed her finger and she said 'go to bed!' lmao!

I couldn't help but laugh it was so funny. For the next few minutes she continued to tell me to go to bed lol. But at this point she was laughing too and thought it was funny.

Geez no wonder she thinks everything is a game we can never be mad at her because she always finds some way to make us laugh about it!
    Last edited by {sarah}; February 21st, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Aww how cute and how funny,lol.

Tonight I put this mat downstairs that we have in front of the TV where Laila plays (cause we have tiles). I have had her bedroom mat down their cause we have been looking for a large mat to match our couches..anyway when I put it down laila started giggling and crawling around it in a circle for a good 10 mins before i picked her up.. weird!

Gaby had a playdate this arvo and I was outside with the other mum chatting and watching the 4 noisy monsters. Anyway I removed a chair out of the way as the kids were using it to climb on top of the cubbyhouse - Gaby was so unimpressed with this and proceeded to say at the same time as pointing her finger " Thats not very nice mummy, now go and stand in the corner and dont talk. I mean it mummy, dont talk to anyone." PML- I wonder where she got this from???

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast