Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things kids say & do

I call dh 'Honey'. I was calling out to him. DSD(5) pipes up behind me 'Honey honey' then turned to me and said 'Daddy is a honey isn't he'. LOL

my dd has started rubbing my breast saying baby in there...hehe as its round, i guess it looks similar to my tummy a few months back..... shes crazy cat!

curl Guest

My youngest DD has started to show a real interest in the colour of hair and compares them to the Disney Princesses in particular Sleeping Beauty and Belle from Beauty and the Beast. When she bumps her head she will come to me and say 'I hurt'. I'll ask what did you hurt? The reply usually is 'I hurt my blonde hair, my blonde hair like sleeping beauty's'. She saw me holding my head in my hands the other day due to a headache and said 'mummy, you hurt your brown curly hair, like Belle's?' I laughed and said yes, darling my head hurts. I treasure this age of wonder and look forward to telling my girls all the kooky things they said as youngsters.

on a journey called life, finding our way home

Yesterday I was a my DS1 school sports day, we where standing at the end of the running race waiting with all the other parents watching the children, when my DS2 who is 3 yrs old turned around to me and said " Mum why has that man got a chocolate face?????!!!!" i turned around to find a man with dark skin, I couldnt believe it. I then very quietly tried to tell him that some people have different coloured skin lol

Zander has been coming out with some good ones lately...

"Mummy I'm a genus" (genius)

"You isn't a person, you just a mummy"

Sat outside having a picnic lunch last weekend. A gust of wind came up, wasnt fierce, but was enough for DD#2 to say "daddy, daddy, hold on, its windy". DD#2 grabbed the chair she was on so tight, and waited for the wind to pass.....DH and i were in hysterics...

Just to start - there is a baby shop franchise here in Melbourne called Baby Bunting. It's just around the corner from me and I go there with the kids fairly regularly.

I told DS2 today that we were going to Bunnings. He said "No mummy, it's Baby Bunnings. Not Bunnings".

I PMSL.

Can you imagine - what would be in a "Baby Bunnings?" Kid-sized saws, hammers, wood, tools.... I reckon it'd be awesome!

PMSL Divvy!

thsi morning DD warned DH "If you dont take the rubbish out I am going to call the government on you!!"

This morning in the car on the way to the station:

DS2 (3yo) : "Clare and Nanny and me buy dog poo at the supermarket."

Me: (silently thinking WTF???) "Dog poo? Why did you buy dog poo?"

DS2: "No mummy silly, Dog FOOD!"

Me: cracks up laughing... "Oh, okay"...

Yesterday i asked DD to clean up her toys in the lounge room. When she was finished she said really enthusiasticlly 'all shiney!' like on some wacko cleaning tv ad.

And DD just come out with another.

I got another cloth nappy for bub in the mail this morning and she asks me 'why you need so many nappies?' I tell her cause the baby needs lots of nappies and she said 'but nappies will break house' LMAO! She reckons i have so many that they're going to break the house down!!

DD is obsessed by the Mary Poppins Movie - it gets more air time than The Wiggles these days. All morning she has been copying various scenes and just now (during the scene on the roof where the kids have gone up the chimney) Mary Poppins orers them into line, about turn, quick march... and DD tucks her bottle under her arm (like Mary Poppins does with the broom) and turns around, then turns again, then marches into her room then back to the living room then to our bedroom then back again! Too cute!

Toddler Sharing:

Another lad about 4 months older than DS told DS it was time to go home when I came to pick him up from Nursery, mostly because DS was playing with a toy he wanted. As this didn't work, he then told DS "Share," snatched the toy away and was quite happy playing.

LMAO, got the hang of sharing at Nursery.

Lately when Zander comes in from the back yard he is all exasperated saying "mummy those birds are cracking me up with all their noise". I keep explaining what cracking me up means & trying to tell him the birds are annoying him or making him cross, but he doesn't quite get it!

I think Zander has the Santa thing sussed out, he just had this conversation with my dad while they were talking about Christmas....

Da: So is Santa going to come visit you soon?
    Zander: No Da.
    Da: Why not?
    Zander: Santa is going to come & leave me presents then go away, when I'm asleep.
    Da: That's a visit.
    Zander: (like it's the most obvious thing in the world) No Da, I'm asleep when he comes.

(so apparently if you're asleep when someone visits, it doesn't count!)

LOL @ the birds cracking him up... oh classic!

This reminds me of a conversation Emily and Violet had this morning...
    Emily is looking out the windw and a teen age girl walks passed on her way to school.
    Emily: I Saw a school girl.
    Violet: I did too.
    Emily: I saw her first.
    Violet: What?
    Emily: I saw her first.
    Violet (still not sure what Emily said): She does not have FUR!
    Emily (getting a little annoyed): I saw a school girl and she did NOT have fur.

LOL... I was laughing for ages!!

embarrasing - would be the day we were coming home from hospital after craig was born, we were all ready to go but i went to change his nappy, when craig decided to shoot poo out all over me, then he started weeing which went on his face so im trying to stop that and get the poo off me and stop laughing as it was pretty funny. then i had to get changed again!

funny - craig was being an elephant, monkey, horse today in the jungle making all the animal noises which was hilarious.

cute - when craig says "love u mum"!

When DH came to bed last night, he felt compelled to tell me that it is time for DD to stop coming to the loo with me... she was found in the lounge room (fully clothed) squatting and trying to insert a toy the same size and shape as a tampon into her vagina

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast