Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things kids say & do

LOL Kelli.

Can't say Lily has said anything embarrassing... :P Can't wait for that though!

As for me, when i was little, say 4 years old, me and my mum were lining up at the checkouts and i said in my loudest voice "where do babies come from?" Everyone just stared, few people giggled. She's was very embarrassed by that.

Ok...after swimming Matilda is usually pretty tired and when it comes time to getting her dressed after a shower she rolls & screams & bangs her head on the wall... all in a change room full of mums with their children, and mine is doing the ear piercing screams & arching her back and throwing herself backwards (at 8 months mind you) then once dressed I put her in her stroller with a bottle & she's perfect. Even smiling.... ](*,)

I needed a good laugh thanks guys!

When I was 3 I was riding on my dads shoulders and up ahead spied a policeman. "Look Dad its a Pig" I said. Dad tried to ignore it but apparently I was very persistant in pointing it out to him!

When I was 6 we went on a car trip to Mildura and I was very car sick, stopping a few times for me to chuck out the door. Anyway we stopped for lunch at a roadhouse somewhere and just as I walked in the door I threw up. I knew it was coming so I covered my mouth with my hand and it made a spray of spew accross the floor and (unoccupied) tables.
    Mum dragged me outside and after my tummy settled she went inside to clean it up. I can still hear the old bag saying to mum "she can stay outside. I don't want her back in here".

Thankfully my kids are yet to embarrass me. Watch this space......

My friend's DD has just developed a new habit of leaning out of her pram and touching people's bottoms. the expressions on thier faces are just a classic.

Jackie Guest

One day when i was out shopping with DS (he was about 2). He decided to see what is under an oldies dress... just went right up to the poor old dear, lifted her dress up and took a peek.
    I was so embarrased
    Luckily she had a sense of humour and just laughed it off.

I took my godson shopping (he was about 2/3) and he was given a balloon on a stick by some promotional stand. As we were walking around he was quite well behaved with the balloon until we were standing behind a couple of little old ladies. He then yells out 'too slow' and started hitting them with the balloon. I was embarressed but it was funny. Luckily the little old ladies found it funny too.

I so need to carry a little notebook to jot the things they say down, Jemma said something gorgeous today and now I can't remember.

I love how Jemma needs to "kisshug" everyone before bed, it is definetly one word to her, being 2 they come up with so many.

I do remember Josh at 5, when I was pg with Jessica, looking through the birth book, seeing the pics of the baby being born and saying "Look Jordan, it comes out of she's bum" and he laughed and laughed, so did I, but then I did explain it to him, didn't want to traumatise him by him thinking I had to pooh the baby out, although that is prob just as bad as the real way.

Cheers Michelle

chev Guest

On April Fools Day my 6 yo DD woke me up yelling "mama you've slept in we're late for school". Well I cursed and jumped out of bad only for her to crack up laughing "April Fool".... it was 6am.

The little darling

DS Alex (nearly 2) says "BURP" to anyone who does one!

Being a nurse I figured when the kids asked for body parts names I gave them the real ones, so at about 3 my older 2 would go up to people in the street and say "your a boy, coz you've got a penis" and " your a girl coz you have a 'gina" Well at first I was embarrassed to say the least, but then I thought, well would i be embarrassed if they said, you have ears or legs??? and so I would smile proudly at the often funny looks we recieved

LMOA Vanita, we were stupid with our first, told her no specific name for her vagina and then told her to wipe herself on the toilet and said "Wipe your front bum!" Sounded so dum, so now we too tell the correct names, and Jemma does the same thing ie Mums dog she said Max has a doodle he's a boy!"
    Michelle

My 3yr old who was 2 at the time went into my mum who was changing her top to go walking casually told mum"nice boobies grandma"!, then asked here where here boobie pads were! luckily mum just laughed.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

While I was on the phone to Telstra, Marisa had gotten out all sorts of make-up and covered herself from toes to hair in make-up - mostly lipsticks. While it's probably not the biggest mess she's ever made, it was pretty damn messy!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Atm Aidyn goes through my kitchen drawers and pulls EVERYTHING out and spreads the untensils all over the house. (of course there's nothing dangerous in there though)

We had a flour incident with Kameron when he was around the age of 2. Took lots of photos.

Love

Okay I thought of one that topped the flour.

Kameron climbed shelves we had in our carport and tipped a pot of wood stain all over his head. The lid came off as it came down. It was so drastic it is still all over the cement to this day and we had to shave Kamerons head. It also but eventually took a few weeks to come off the bath where he touched it when he had to climb in. That would have been a couple of years ago now cause we were staining his tallboy that we got for his 2nd birthday.

Love

A two year old into the milo tin!!!! Got it everywhere...hair...floor....and some actually in the mouth..LOL

Jo

Custardtart Guest

Christine got into a bottle of Calomine lotion I had left next to my bed when she was about a year old, and proceeded to anoint herself, the bedlinen, the bedhead and the drawer unit with it! Of course, it dries into a chalky mess, and to this day I have white speckles deep in the grain of the wood in the bedroom furniture that I can't remove!

The other doozy was when Christine and Samantha (at ages 5 & 3)decided it was a nice day for mud pies outside (a kids classic, but one I never thought I'd have to deal with!) They dug a bucketload of soil out of my gardenbed and added water, then painted themselves and the back porch with the resulting muck.

I found them at it after about 20 minutes, I mean I could hear them and they were obviously playing happily so I wasn't watching them fulltime, and when I did all I could do was stand there and laugh. They were so filthy, but so happy I couldn't bring myself to tell them off, so all I said was "next time, wear OLD clothes first!" and went for the camera.
    To date, one of my favourite pictures is Samantha, plastered from head to toe in streaks of mud all over her nice top and skirt, grinning impishly at me from a deck plastered over with sculpted dirt.

A mother with a few more years experience than me had made a big impression on me when she said that after a few years, you stopped getting mad about situations that had already happened and looked for the fun in it - I mean, I could have really told the kids off for making such a mess, but what would that have done? This way, we have some gorgeous memories, and all I needed to do was some serious hosing off!

Kerrie

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast