Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi I'm new and scarily single and 10 weeks

Congratulations Uncle Amy on your pregnancy, sending you heaps of sticky vibes!!!

Amy - congratulations hun, sending you lots of sticky vibes and best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy. Come join the ladies in Pregnancy After Miscarriage and Loss if you want to chat to other women who have been through something similar.

Wishing you all the best,
    Lisa

Congratulations on your pregnancy Amy!

Amy - congrats on your pregnancy.
    A pity that you have had a bad experience in your past, but, hey, at least you can get abit of a laugh over it with the girls here - and their phrases.
    Good luck with things, i hope that everything works out for you - you deserve to have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Thanks also for being so honest with us, i imagine that its not always an easy thing to do.

Congratulations amy,hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and everything will work out im sure.Just enjoy it.

mibebita Guest

congratulation amy!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Congratulations Amy....

Wishing you all the very best for a happy, healthy & wonderful journey to motherhood.

hey u Uncle Amy... congrats on your preg, i do hope so much for you that this bubba sticks.... what a crazy situation to be in... You sound like you are going to be an awesome mummy who already wants this baby so bad. thats all thats really important.
    Good luck baby cakes and im so glad you found this site, it is a so supportive and warm.
    xoox

Congratulations.

If you haven't told him about the pregnancy yet & are concerned he'll try to talk you out of it you could leave telling him until after the birth. An old friend of mine had a woman show up on his doorstep with a 3 month old baby about a year after a "3 night stand". She didn't want any interference from him but still wanted him to know he was a daddy. He was delighted. He stayed in contact and had regular visits with his son. The son eventually moved in with his dad (and two step brothers) when he was about 16 with full consent of the mother. It all worked out very happily.

Congratulations, You are amazing!!! remember that. Doing it alone takes alot of guts and selflessness. What a special gift he left you. I would recommend, (and I'm guessing you're no spring chicken and can make up your own mind) that you contact him and let him no he's about to become a father. (lol you could send him a sms saying 'thanx 4 da bub' or 'congrats... daddy'). It's fine that you don't want a relationship with him (although you are now forever tied to him through the child you share) but you have an obligation to your child and your child has a right to know who his or her daddy is as well as who their grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins maybe even brothers and sisters are. And he has a right to know his own child. If doesn't want anything to do with you both then that will be his loss. But then later on he/she will know that you tried your best and he's the poo. If your not ready, take some time, there is no rush and when you are ready let him know. It will all work out, Good luck.
    Dee
    edit Lol 'puddle of snot in her arms' ,l posted and then went back and read what everyone else has said. Diddo to everything IK said. Yep pg is an emotional rollercoaster, I'm so glad you have sisters to help you through, you will need the support. No woman NEEDS a man, but she does need support.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; March 27th, 2007 at 08:29 AM.

Congratulations Amy and wishing you all the best for a healthy and very importantly happy pregnancy. Let us know how things pan out when you tell the father, the girls have given you lots of great advice

Claire Guest

Hi Uncle Amy,

Welcome to BB!

Joining the ABA is a great idea - even if you don't have a local meet up near you, get joined to the forum, it's a great place for support. I work so don't get along to the ABA meetings but the forum has been a lifeline at times.

Being pregnant and having previously suffered a loss can be pretty stressful at times, but every day yo get through will bring you closer to your beautiful baby.

Question AArgh!

The baby is 10 weeks old today, I saw the little heart beating on wednesday and I even got a wave and leg kick! I cried for my last baby who I think I need to name, who I saw dead at the last scan I went to. This one is alive and literally kicking!!!!

I have been thinking of an idea like Satya explained. Presenting bub on the anniversary of our one-night-stand. I feel like the father is a worrier, he is proud and romantic. I feel like if he knew about the pregnancy he would think about it non stop and come up with loads of ideas and concerns and what-ifsand blah blah. I feel like I have enough of my own, I could barely stand being involved in a discussion about the three of our lives when I dont get the plusses that you get with a relationship. I think that's an o.k thing to do when to a certain degree you have committed to sharing yourself with someone, but I have not. I have no way of knowing what makes him sad, or angry, or happy. I have no idea what he is afraid of, what he is excited by. I don't know if he has that dream that all of us do (straight or otherwise) that we will meet someone and with the strength of our love and committment we will bring up a child. That our FIRST child will have all the trappings of a beautiful relationship as it's history.

If I come to him when the baby is three months I am letting him know that I am capeable and happy, and that I want this baby to be a gift to him, not a burden. That I do want him to be part of our lives but I do not need him to be - that it is his choice, just as it was my choice to go ahead with the pregnancy and no-one CAN make me do any different, and I dont want to agonise over the father feeling contrary to that. If he is angry at being a father involuntarily and not in the way he had imagined, why torment him so early on? If he does want to be a father, any old how, the question still remains - why put him in a helpless position - I dont want to live with him - he is virtually a stranger and he lives interstate! I am too busy trying to organise my next job, moving house to be nearer my family, finding time to meditate and find a councillor to help me off the smokes - to take on someone elses worry whom I dont love, who gives me no other support by choice - and here are so many things to worry about at this stage - will I miscarry? Will I quit a 20 year-old smoking habit and when (I have gone from 10-15 per day, immediately to 2-5 perday, I seem to be stuck at that though)? Will the baby be healthy, or sick, or born with a condition? Will it be a boy or a girl or kinda both???!!!???!!!!!!!

He is old enough to realise that sex can end in pregnancy. We did not use a condom. If he is too scared to ask if I got pregnant, is he too scared to be helpful and kind and generous and understanding? I am so trying to convice myself!

Hi Amy, welcome to BellyBelly. Congratulations and wishing you a very H&H pregnancy!!!

Congrats Amy on your pregnancy. It seems like we might be due on the same day cause I am exactly 10 weeks today too.
    You should join us in Belly Buddies - Due October 16th-31st 2007.... there is a great group of girls there who can offer lots of support and advice.

Congratulations Amy! Awesome news on you going to become a Mumma!

lots of happy, healthy pregnancy vibes coming your way

Welcome to BB ..and Congrads !

Default Another thought..

Hi Uncle Amy,

Many congratulations! It sounds like you are going to be an amazing mother and it's great to hear things are going well.

Have you thought about going to a gay/lesbian specific supprt group? Are yous still in Melb? One I know of is Rainbow Families which is for lgbti families and is through the Vic Gay and Lesbian rights lobby which could be a good place to start. I know of one other group - Maybe Baby, but that's for gay couples looking to conceive, but they might also be able to put you in contact with other folk in a similar situation to yourself.

And don't even for a second listen to any w***er who would suggest that your genes are less than fine as they are, you are fine and smart enough to produce an exciting brand new life and that's all you need to know.

Keep us informed and lots of love
    Last edited by BellyBelly; April 4th, 2007 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Link edited by BellyBelly - Please read guidelines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast