Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi I'm new and scarily single and 10 weeks

congrats Amy and wishing you the most wonderful pregnancy

congrats Amy Im sure that everything will sort itself out and you will have a beautiful baby at the end of it all.
    Enjoy your pregnancy

Exclamation Still Ticking!!!! And I told him

Yaiks!

I am past the worst of it, I think! I had a scan at 12 1/2 weeks and baby is alive and kicking! And . . . . . . . I ACCIDENTLY TOLD THE FATHER!!!!!

Accident I hear you ask?!?!?!!!

Well after listening to so many replies saying "tell him, get it over and done with" I decided to at least take the first step and get in contact - as a friend. He had not replied to any of my text messages so I sent him an email saying - what's going on, have you ost your phone? He text back saying he had a 'phone mishap' and lost all his numbers. I replied saying cool, all is well, I start a new job today, how are you?

No reply

THEN, and 8AM in the morning (my new job is a night job - yuk) he calls me, completely out of the blue. I was lost for words, but then so was he, it was like he was waiting for me to say something, and I'm thinking - hey, YOU called ME - but then I got all wierd and thought - better fill in this huge gap which started with
    ME "Oh hi, **** hellloooo, yay, how are you"
    HIM "Yeah good, had some time spare thought I'd catch up with a few people I hadn't called"
    ME "Yeah I'm fine, I'm good . . . . .
    BIT FAT FAT FAT PAUSE
    It's so early I was in bed, now I have to **** sorry mate, yeah well I'm good actually I'm pregnant which is really really cool
    HE interrupts with "who's the father?"
    ME "Umm actually its you
    BIG FAT PAUSE
    then it was all a blur, he may have asked me if I was alright with it and I just went on a blabber - it's brilliant I've been wanting a baby for so long didn't know how I'd get preg as I'm single and bi sexual but more of a lezzo and I don't mind what happens you can do what you want but I'm ready to be a solo mum and blah blah blah
    Then I shut Up (by this stage I was back in bed after having a **** and wandering around the house in circles) and decided it was best to give him space to respond, I was sick of all the dramatic pauses.
    After another BIG FAT PAUSE he says
    "Well having said that is it alright if I call you later tonight"
    ME "You can do whatever the **** you like, I've kinda hit you with a big one I'm so sorry I was going to tell you when I was in the clear through the first trimester but you bloody called me at 8am. Take your time whatever, sorry, have a good day"
    And with that he hung up, never to reply again either by text, phone or email.

That was 3 weeks ago.

Last week I sent a longish email explaining that it wasn't planned, I had no idea I was pregnant untill a mate said AS A JOKE "maybe you're pregnant" and I whole lot of other stuff, just letting him know of my concerns and to let him off the hook as far as being a father in any particular way.

3 weeks, not a word. I think I have bad taste in men.

Should I try to call him? I was worrying about it all last night, we have a few mutual friends and I think it's important we have a communicating type of relationship, no matter how long or short between contacts, I just want it to be o.k!!!

Oh you poor thing - although sometimes its best to get it all out hey! If you sent an email last week I would wait just a little longer to give him time to sort his head out too. If you still havent heard in say another week - maybe then you can email and just let him know that you thinks its important that you stay in touch etc.. Hope it helps a little and glad to hear bubby is happy and healthy!! Good luck with everything!

Yay!
    Thanks Tan! That sounds like a good idea. I really have to stop myself from being too full-on, I think I've given him enough to think about fore the next few weeks! So I'll sit tight till next week and maybe I'll hear from him before then. I worry about him feeling crap or irrational, that's how I've been a bit lately. Maybe I can't put his fears to rest, he has to do that himself, be brave like I will when I give birth.

And wow you're almost due! How exciting! I love your little tummy rubbing icon it's so cute! Do you know how to get a ticker and the little profile other girls have on top of the page

Mum2Furbabies Guest

Hey Uncle Amy, congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope you are feeling a bit better about everything now... it must be tough for you, especially with negative nellys (ie, idiots!) making comments about the quality of your genes.

I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy and no matter what happens with the father I'm sure you'll make it work and be a very happy and fabbo mum!

Yeah Amy - get in over to the October Belly Buddies so you can see how your not the only one crying over toilet paper commericals!

xoxoxoxo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123