Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Symptoms in the First Trimester

The nausea feeling started with me today not feeling as bloated but then again feeling very nauseas???

Hello everyone

One symptom I had was a "full" tender feeling in my lower abdomen. I had this for four days, starting the day after I conceived. It felt like I had eaten a really huge meal 24 hours a day!! It was so tender I could not even stand my pants pressing on my skin.
    That's gone & now at 5 weeks pregnant I am just peeing frequently & having to sit down to rest alot.
    Another symptom I had & I can't remember if I saw it on the list at the start (that vagueness is starting already!) was spotting about 10 days after I conceived. This lasted for a day & I have since discovered it was implantation bleeding.

hat4e Guest

if i am pregnet will i get all of thes im 13 anr rill scard and onley me an my bf no that i might b i have 14 of them all ready???

Hello,

I am new to this site...having some trouble with the acronyms so if I write to long please forgive me.

I am 9 weeks pregnant, my second pregnancy but we lost our first baby at 14 weeks earlier this year. I am suffering from terrible sickness...nausea all of the time, vomiting a few times each day. This is awful but different from last time so I am choosing to belive the 'old wives' this time and see if as a positive sign.

I tried wrist bands, different homeopathic remedies provided by my very amazing herbalist, eating before getting out of bed, Maxalon (gave me palpatations) and nothing worked. I am also dosed up on B vitamins & iron, folate etc. Last week I had gotten myself so dehydrated my Ob. admitted me to hospital for IV fluids and huge doses of Zofran (usually used for people suffering from illness as a result of chemotherapy & B rated...boo).

I can now take fluids so hospital was the best thing I did. I have Zofran at home but even if I wanted to take the amounts they were giving me in hosptial it would cost around $400 per week. I am not keen on taking them but usually end up taking one a day to stave off the worst of the vomiting. I find laying in a darkened room the best thing...all day...I still feel nauseas but I don't vomit. Work is no good for me...I went in on Tuesday morning and vomited twice before I even switched on my PC. I am having this week off..not sure what next week will bring.

I am having a rare moment of almost wellness now...hoorah! They come and go but don't usually last long.

Food doesn't help and I am off so many things I am bored with my diet (I have been experiencing sickness and food aversion since week 4). Still, I eat what I can.

I am so happy I am pregnant but this illness takes away the euphoria - we have been trying for five years...tried IVF unsuccessfully and both pregnancies have been natural since we started seeing our herbalist.

I have a little joke with my baby now & again and wonder how someone so small can cause so much trouble...apparantly the trouble is yet to come!

And one more thing....I have the most amazing DH in the world. He does everything....and I mean everything - I can't even open the dishwasher at the moment (smell...even the clean smell is too much) so he comes home from work every day to a small pile of dishes which he quietly packs into the dishwasher. We usually share everything but he is doing it all now & there is no way I could go through this without his amazing support & love.
    Last edited by Renee_AW; December 4th, 2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: forgot to say how great my DH is!

Hat4e - darl you won't necessarily get all of these symptoms, every women is different. I'm sorry you are so scared. I hope there is someone you can confide in besides your bf. You should see a doctor to confirm if you are pregnant.

has anyone had a bit of brown discharge is it normal... my OB said its normal he did a scan and everything looked normal and the heartbeat was strong... anyone?

Renee - oh you poor thing . i got 'all day sickness' where i was nauseus all day ... mostly i didn't vomit though. but i hated feeing ill all the time. eventually i took some ginger tablets from the healthfood place and that made me perfect. although you'rs sounds a bit more 'serious' than what i had if you've been in hospital.

your dh sounds wonderful - i have the best dp also - i was beyond tired during 1st tri and he cooked, cleaned, doted over me without a complaint. we're lucky.

wishing you a happy and healthy preg. x

Quote Originally Posted by bub1 View Post
    has anyone had a bit of brown discharge is it normal... my OB said its normal he did a scan and everything looked normal and the heartbeat was strong... anyone?
    Should I still go to my xmas party lunch today if I had spotting little bit of brown spotting yesterday morning and this morning ...nothing during the day?????

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsachy View Post
    eventually i took some ginger tablets from the healthfood place and that made me perfect. wishing you a happy and healthy preg. x
    I tried ginger in a herbal mix provided by said herbalist....I couldn't bear the smell, taste and it just made me sick. I would love something natural to help me, I really don't like drugs at any time (although I see there place) let alone when I am looking after another precious soul. But, as my Ob. said - if you are unwell then there is no one to look after your baby - this means I have to be as well as I can and if it means sometimes taking drugs then I just have to do it.

I had a little bit of brown spotting again last night it only last half a day this mornig its very very faint, similar thing happened around the 3rd of december so roughly 4 weeks ago and the OB said it was nothing just from stretching ... could it be the same.... fingers crossed, hoping to getting a scan tomorrow just to confirm everything is ok. Hope the brown discharge dissappears and lots of sticky vibes.

bub- hope everything is OK at your scan. I havebeen having brown spotting since 11dpo until yesterday... (about 6 days)...I am so worried...it's stopped today and I've had no pain, I have been told brown spotting can be harmless....I hope that's the case for you and for me! fingers crossed foryou...i know how anxious it can make you

had a scan this morning hub is growing all looked well let's hope the brown discharge dissappears it's much lighter today then two days ago .. OB said it's pretty normal in pregnancy ... Just laying and taking it easy . Lots of sticky vibes!!!

great news Bub...my BT also showed HCG levels to be spot on

hi everyone i got a positive preg test today at 12DPO! im excited yet cautious!

ive had a bad headache for the past 2 days and as soon as i got the positive test i got bad lower uterine aches, and sort of sharp stabbing pains inside my cervix, no blood though. has anyone had this? im getting a BT on monday to know for sure but ive NEVER had to lines on a test except today and when i was pregnant last time which unfortunatley ended in a loss.
    Last edited by Tanya; January 2nd, 2009 at 08:47 PM.

Bub1 Sticky Vibes to you hon hope all is good with the scans and test

Well this will be bub number 4, and for the past week i`ve been really moody, gone off certain food and tea (i`m an avid tea drinker!) and did a test today, came thru positive yay!! With my previous pregnancies it seemed that once week 8 hit i had severe vomiting and nausea all day, took ondacetron to help but its so expensive so that didnt last long!
    Last edited by rascals3; January 3rd, 2009 at 07:55 PM.

I'm so excited to be posting in this thread!!!

I got all sorts of signs so here is my list - I hope it helps!
    - temp dip at 6dpo
    - brown spotting/CM (just on toilet paper) at 7dpo along with cramping and backache
    - brown spotting/CM from 10-12dpo and slight cramping/niggling pains
    - breakout of pimples on my chin at 12dpo - and I have good skin normally!
    - tender (almost feels swollen) lower abdomen 13 and 14dpo

That was it! BB's feel fine so far and don't look any different yet (my sister was the same with both her pregnancies until 10 weeks). I've had a bit of nausea today and I'm a bit gassy but otherwise I feel good. I'm just so excited!!!

Hi Taurean

Congratulations. I wish you a H&H pg!

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast