Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Symptoms in the First Trimester

Sharon, thats just terrible, there is a name for what your experiencing, baby brain won't let me remember it though. Basically it's extreme morning sickness.
    You may have to be very careful of your teeth as all the acid can start damaging them.

Hopefully it will just go away soon. I really hope it does, I bet you are exhausted from feeling like this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by davisbabyblues
    Thanks for all the tips everyone....

But, I have tried them all and they don't seem to work :-( I eventually went to the doctor in sheer desperation, as nothing stayed down for longer than 10 minutes and was given maxalon, but the only problem with that is, you continue to feel nauseous, but can't vomit, so I don't really know what is worse!

I can honestly say, this is my first and last child. I can't go through this again. I have been sick twice a day for a month now!

I have also noticed that I have a very acidic taste in my mouth, which seems to change the taste of everything I eat, so I just don't like food at the moment either, because it all tastes revolting!

I give up.....

Sharon
    {{{{{huggles Sharon}}}}}} You poor chook! Morning sickness can be so evil - mine got so bad I couldn't keep down water and I lost 10kgs. I ended up resigning from work at 16wks pg because I didn't think the M/S would ever end and I couldn't cope with having to rush to the toilet to throw up every few minutes.

I used a combination of Maxalon & Panadeine Forte but found they only took the edge off and really didn't help that much with the nausea.

In the end, I found a few things that I could eat. Anything starchy like jam doughnuts (*L*), plain rice etc. Oh and I lived on Gatorade/lucozade/powerade for weeks.

I distinctly remember turning to my husband on several occasions and telling him firmly this was going to our only child; as well as begging him to put me out to pasture and shoot me! I was totally miserable; it seemed so unfair that some people barely got ill if at all.

The best part is that you DO get over the M/S eventually. Mine went away around 17wks and I'm totally loving being pg now. Well, most of the time!

Yikes at the extreme m/s Sharon, hope it subside real soon. I only had nausea & the very rare dry reaching. You poor pet.

Another to add to the list:
    carpal tunnel syndrome (hands go numb at night, except for thumb & pointer)

angelique Guest

Hi Everyone.

I have started experiencing morning sickness quite bad now from the start of 6 weeks.

I don't seem to want to eat a lot of food which worries me. I live on dry biscuits, potatoes, cheese, lollies, bread and rice (sometimes salad). I just dont have an appetite because I constantly feel yucky and almost everything smells (but not spewing yet thank goodness).

What did everyone try to eat when they were like this and does this affect the nutrition of the baby? I am just worried I am not eating enough.

ange

Hi angelique,

I am sorry to hear the MS is so bad. I am about 6-7 weeks at the moment and have had some MS but not as much as you by the sounds of things.

I don't seem to want to eat a lot of food which worries me. I live on dry biscuits, potatoes, cheese, lollies, bread and rice (sometimes salad).
    You are right to worry about not eating enough healthy foods in general especially if you have the MS for more than a couple of weeks.

I look at this list of foods and know I would be sicker eating this mix myself! But then I am coming from the point of view of a pregnant diabetic.
    Too many carbs (simple sugars especially) will only provide you with energy and not a lot of nutrition - so you may end up malnourished.

Are you taking pregnancy vitamins? (might be a good idea just to top up vit. levels while you are this crook)

I would recommend you eat as much healthy food as you can stomach. Low acid fruits (bananas, peaches etc) and salads are a much better way to survive than on too much potato and rice.
    The dry bikkies etc are ok but as with everything in life - moderation is the key.

I think I have learnt from this and my last pregnancy that you must look after yourself - regardless of your health before pregnancy.
    Also it is not HOW MUCH you eat but the quality that counts. Whole grain bikkies are better than Sao/Saladas as there is more nutrition in them. Also eating often (every hour) in smaller quantities is much easier to digest than trying to eat Brekky, lunch and tea as larger meals.

Oh just FYI- I have spent 4 months in the care of a nutritionist last pregnancy due to Gestational Diabetes AND I have been talking to health and nutrition experts only this week in regards to this NEW pregnancy and nutrition... so its not just all my own hot air!

Please feel free to ask more questions and/or priv msg me if you have more questions. Also if you are worried... call your local hospital and ask to talk to a nutritionist.. they are usually fantastic and happy to give advice over the phone.

Goodluck!!

Kaety

Default Morning Sickness........

Hi. I have had really bad morning sickness for 7 weeks straight now and have lost 5kg. this is my first baby so i have no idea what to expect..
    I am constantly tired and if I don't eat tea by atleast 6pm then i might as well not eat it at all. When do they reckon the MS stops..... really looking forward to that day. Its like having a hangover everyday - without having the fun of drinking.. I have read a few things tht people say make the MS go away but none of them working!! Anyone got any other old wives tales that worked for them

Thanks \/

Hey Jacci,

Welcome to BellyBelly!

Usually M/S eases up some time around the end of the 1st trimester. However some unlucky people continue to get it quite a bit further into the PG. Fingers crossed it eases up for you soon!

Unfortunately I don't think there's any one magic cure for M/S. Just a matter of finding what works for you I think. I found sour or salty things often made me feel a bit better.

angelique Guest

Hi Jacci,

Unfortunatly, sometimes noting makes me feel better. I just have to keep stuffing my face with food and I feel better. The more carbs and protein the better. Some yogourt is great too.

Maybe keep eating small meals throughout the day and see how you go. If you eat too much then you will fell sick.

Hope this helps.

ange

Default omg ITS TWINS!!

Hiya Girls,

Just a quick note to let y'all know I had an ultrasound to determine dates on my pregnancy this afternoon (its 7 weeks 2 days) and discovered completely unwittingly that I am now expecting TWINS!

Non identical and healthy so far!!

This might explain the mixed symptoms!!

*stunned and amazed here as I wasnt expecting it at all but VERY happy*

Kaety

Hi Katey...

Congratulations on the twins news! That's wonderful two for the price of one! =D>

I'm still waiting for AF to arrive (she's 4 days late) and am seeing the doc tomorrow for a blood test.. I was reading this forum because I've had some minor cramping, sore breasts and slightly darker nipples.. I keep thinking its just AF on her way.

Anyway all the best for you - I would be interested in hearing how you're going (feel free to msn me) as I'm also on the north side of Brisbane. Twins is also in both our families but I don't think we could afford two babies at once.

Lotsa hugs and all the best for you.

I am wondering about what stage these symptoms became apparent for everyone? I mean did you start getting them before AF was due or well after?

Keen, with Kynan I think the only symptom I got before AF was due was an increase in CM. Other symptoms didn't start until at least 4-5+ weeks.

angelique Guest

Hi KeenAs,

I got my symptoms well before my periods - sore boobs, cramps, really hungry all the time. I even ate more than my DH (which is usually very rare).

But dont forget, everyones different. Some people dont get any at all, not even morning sickness. My M/S kicked in every day at week 5 and is still going strong.

Good luck sweetie.

ange

Hi again

Well since my last post here I got my BFP blood test, urine tests were neg. I'm about 5.5 weeks now since last AF.

My symptoms have been: sore breasts, increased appetite, minor cramping until day after BFP received and minor m/s. I have been pretty lucky so far with m/s as I have had problems with stomach bugs a lot and have vomited so much I needed an injection to stop it! Seems geing pg has fixed that for a while!

Good luck to everyone else who thinks it may be their turn!

Hi Keen, found this post of mine dated 04Aug05 in another thread:

As for symptoms so far, bb's aren't sore or bigger, but:
    * felt twinges on my RHS (especially 7DPO)
    * wrotten headache (think 7DPO)
    * few dizzy spells (9DPO @ night & 10DPO in morning)
    * felt hot/flushed (think 7DPO & 10DPO & 11DPO)
    * have had strange sensations on RHS (10DPO & 11DPO)
    & especially at night, tight little sore feeling on RHS
    when roll over in bed or get up quickly out of bed
    * some sensations on LHS & bloating (12DPO & 13DPO)

You can get symptoms b4 AF, then again some don't. Got my fingers crossed for u.

Hi girls

Anyone feeling a bit dizzy? I'm nearly 8 weeks now. No m/s but am always hungry so its hard to not snack on junk food.

Hi all,

My worst symptom (other than the inability to type properly) has been regular and frequent heart palpitations. How long do these go for?

Kaety

Hi Katey

That could be stress darls so if they continue you may like to get it checked out by the doc.. aren't you carrying twins? I think someone in here is.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast