Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi girls!

My client went into proper labour last night at 7pm, and bubs was born at 11.43pm! How impressive was that!

She was absolutely awesome and her husband was so fantastic as well! She had a successful VBAC and was still in shock that she has done it by herself!

It was a wonderful, wonderful experience to be involved in, although I am relieved it is all over now, and looking forward to concentrating on this little one!

I also had the scan today and bubs is doing wonderfully well, but alas no pictures or 3d scan as bubs is in the perfect position for delivery and more than happy to stay there!

But Definately a BOY!!! I saw the ball bag for sure clear as day!

Will pop back in tomorrow to see how everyone is doing properly!

Relle - how awesome!!! I have been wondering all day how things went and if you were going to be able to make it to the scan. Does it feel better to have confirmation? You must be stuffed today, hopefully tomorrow you can chill out a bit while the boys are at creche.

Ros - m/s must suck! I never had it so can't even imagine how it must feel. Let us know how you go Wed.

Gigi - great to hear Mimi is being kind to her mum, makes life so much easier.

Nox - great to hear from you. It sounds like things are going along really well for you - well done on keeping up with the pilates class.

I go back to work in July so would love to meet before then. Chelsea is at kinder on Tues and Thurs, so those days I only have Marley (I have swim with Chelsea on Mon morning and Marley Wed morning), but I am happy to meet other days and bring her along. She is a pretty well behaved child (mostly LOL!!!). Lets see if we can lock in day?

Relle that is so fantastic! Congrats on the birthing as well! What a wonderful experience for her to be able to get the type of birth that she wanted. Also knowing for sure re: your boy must be a relief! Are you feeling better?

I have a cold and think that it is partly because I have been working like crazy. Anyway, I am not at all sure why I am awake at 3.50am! This seems so unfair to have such disrupted sleep while still pg and before I have too!!!! Wondering if there are any handy hints on what I can take to ease the cold? I have taken a couple of panadol ... obviously bed rest isn't an option as I keep waking up! BAH!

Anyway ... off to watch some infomercials!

awww Nox - sadly the sleeplessness actually increases the closer you get! I think it is actually our bodies way of readying us for night feeds! I usually sleep better after bubs is born, but for shorter periods.

With the cold, sadly all you can really do is just ride it out and keep up your fluids and pregnancy vitamins. You can use some nasal sprays for temporary relief, but just check which ones with Dennis, as there are some you are not supposed to have.

I am feeling better thankyou huni! To be honest, by the time I got to the scan the sex wasn't even an issue, just the fact that everything is going well with bubs still and that he is in the right possie for birth was great. He does have a bigger than average head though - just like Cooper, so I am going to be in trouble when giving birth again!!!! OUCH. His head is measuring over a week ahead of the rest of his body which is spot on average.

Mel - I can't believe you didn't get any morning sickness with either of the girls! You lucky thing!!!!! I wish I could rest! I have to clean the house, then paint, go and see my client at the hossie and then go and see Dennis! Then depending on all that maybe a rest in the arvo!

I agree, lets set a time to catch up before July, cause then bubs will be here. If you bring the girls I will bring the boys since Campbell and Chelsea play so well together.

Ros - everything will be wonderful with bubs gorgeous! She is just trying to give you a little scare like Sebe did!

Jule - yep get up the duff again and then you can become a fully fledged member! lol

The birth really was fantastic, I can't wait to tell Dennis today that I have had my first birth and it was a successful VBAC. There are a couple of Doula's that are at the same phase in their training as what I am and we have all had VBAC for our first clients, and all 3 have had successful VBAC, so doesn't that say something for the benefits of VBACs!!!! These women that are well informed and well supported are doing it! I think the OBs will have to start taking notice of this very soon!!!

Anyways, better go and get these boys ready for creche so I can get stuff done.

Hiya!!!

Relle - Wow the scan- i totally forgot that it was yesterday!!!

So it's definately a boy, oh well join the club babe!!!

As for the head ouchy mumma!!!! But don't worry he will be as beautiful as your other 2.

call me later and let me know all the details of your doula experience.

NOx - hope you are feeling better! Fortunately i never got a cold while pregnant and fingers crossed i don't with this one!

Julesr - hope to see you at the clinic real soon!!!

Lovemygirls - would love a meet up - honestly we should meet at Dennis's clinic heheheheh and really shock the hell out of Linda!

gigi01 - it sounds like you have a perfect little bub! Count yourself lucky!!

1 more day and i see the baby that was meant to be!!!!!

P.s so far the pinky mucus has stopped so fingers crossed it stays that way!!

Hi All!

well, there certainly are a fair few of dennis' ladies online now aren't there?!

i have a question. i was meant to have a regular monthly appointment with dennis on monday but he was away at a delivery and i couldn't hang around waiting (had to get to work) so i said i'd just skip this months appointment altogether (everything is going well, and i didn't have any issues to discuss)... anyway, the ladies in my Belly Buddies forum are all talking about having their glucose tests done and now i'm wondering if i should be having one?! dennis has never mentioned it on any of my previous visits.. does dennis send everyone routinely, or is it only if there is reason to suspect that you might develop gestational diabetes?

Ros - good luck for your scan - although i'm sure everything will be looking very healthy!!

Relle - congrats on your first doula gig - glad everything went so well for yourself and your client!!

Nox - good to hear from you. you make me feel guilty about the pilates though - i haven't done ANY exercise... just can't be bothered... and then i wonder why i've put on so much weight!!

Hi ella.
    The glucose test is done at 7 months. Just give dennis a call especially since he is leaving soon for paris and get him to write your referal, he has always done the glucose test for me.

Take care

thanks Ros!
    i'm only 23 weeks, so can wait until my next appointment (will be 27 weeks) - there will still be time to get the test done then...
    thanks for the reply!

Ella, Dennis does routinely order the test, and asks you to do it between 28-30 weeks, so you still have time hun!

I told him today that if I go into labour while he is away I am having it at home and calling the ambulance while I am pushing so no other OB can get his hands on me! lol

gigi01 Guest

Hi all,

Relle - how exciting about the birth! that's awesome, I am so happy that it was such a positive experience for both of you! congratulations on your little man too - wow, you sure are good at boys.....Mel and I seem to be great at girls though LOL....

Nox - great to hear from you and glad that all is going well with you. keep in touch - although I know it sounds as though you are very busy.

Ella - the girls have already answered you about the glucose test. I totally forget about it this time -as in I forgot that I did it the first time. then I tasted it - horrible sweet stuff! still, not too bad. take a book though as you have to sit there for an hour or so after the drink before you have the bloods taken....

Ros - LOL at your post re meeting at Dennis' rooms and shocking linda! very funny notion....

Mel - yep - Mimi is a little dreamboat. being very good and little bits of personality are starting to shine through. can't believe she is 3.5 weeks already. time sure does fly.....

Ok - date for meet up. Tuesdays are fine with me - how's next week? let's just book it in! I am off to Noosa for 2 weeks on the 17th of June so before then would be great.....

All good here. A little tired - forgot how tired you get with the night feeds. but generally only getting up once which is ok. it's amazing how you can get up, go to their room and feed them, be wide awake, then get back into bed and just completely pass out. the tiredness is overwhelming through the night .....

Speak soon girls and look forward to the meet up!

Gigi xx

Hey there!

Ella -- I'm off for the test next week or 2 (I think! Unless things are written in front of me I can't remember them!) BTW don't let me make you guilty -- haha! Total sanity issue for me! Plus I am committed to trying to being as active during my birth as possible and am trying to make sure I am strong enough to cope!
    I remember Relle saying that this blood test is no fun -- not only tastes bad but can make you a bit sick? I am going to take the whole day off just in case.

Ros -- you must be scanning soon? All my best for that -- of course it will be perfect.

Gigi -- you encourage me with only getting up once. Just read an email from another friend who is getting up over 3 times a night and I admit I groaned!

Another quickie: with this hideous cold I have ... is there a cough syrup I can take? I'll ring D's office when I get a chance as well.

Have a great day!

gigi01 Guest

ps - stupid breast feeding brain - I can't do next Tuesday but can do the one after???

xxxxx

Nox - the glucose test is pretty foul (sorry!!!!) but I found it much easier the first time. Just like drinking a really sweet, carbonated lemonade. My GF took polaramine while pregnant and she said it worked amazingly well, you can purchase over the counter at the chemist, just double check with Dennis if its OK. I was able to take Rhinocort when I had my head cold and that did well too. I hope you find some relief soon.

Ros - did you have scan today, how did it all go? Love the idea of a party at Dennis' office LOL!!!!

Gigi - once a night is not too bad. Marley was good like that too and only woke b/w 2-3am (thank goodness!) but it still makes you tired. I feel sorry for those who have to get up multiple times during the night. Can't do the second Tuesday but see below for an alternative if that suits?

Regarding our get together, I was going to suggest Friday 8 June for mtea at my house if that works for everyone? Anyone with older kids is more than welcome to bring them as Chelsea will be home and would love some friends to play with! I thought mtea might work better for everyone, we could all bring a plate of something totally sinful LOL!!!! I live in Bayswater/Wantirna area, so let me know if it suits and I can email my address to you all. Should be lots of fun!

Hi Girls,

Sorry about the MIA, have been painting almost nonstop for the last 2 days trying to get the house ready for auction.

Ros - how did the scan go gorgeous????? Is everything all well???

Mel - Sounds like an ace plan love! Count me in!! Chelsea and Campbell can go ballistic outside.heheheheh mmmmm now I am going to have to decide on making hedgehog, strawberry shortcake or something else.........

Nox - Wow huni, you are already upto the GD test, honestly the first one is not so bad, like Mel said, they definately get worse each one, so you will romp it in, but a good reason to take a day off for something that is working so hard!!!!!!! With Cough syrups, I was using Rikodeine, and it is pretty potent, but can be the only thing that allows me to get some sleep on the couch when my coughing plays up. I hope that you get over it pretty quickly cause it is not fun at all being sick when you are pregnant.

I only got up once a night most of the times with my boys as well, but to be honest just not being pregnant, even when you are getting up, when you are actually asleep you go back to having better quality sleep, just short spurts iykwim.

Gigi - So glad to hear that Mimi is being awesome! The birth was fantastic! She actually had a posterior bub that the Ob turned by hand ( I know you can sympathise with that! ) and then ventouse to help him out, but all with just Gas and he ended up weighing 9lb 7ozs!!!!!! How massive is that, so she did a fantastic job with everything else, let alone overcoming the obstacles presented by having a VBAC as well.

Yeah you are right, Ros and I do great boys and you and Mel ohhh and Ella do great girls, and we can't wait to see what Nox has!!!!!!

Well I was in to see Dennis yesterday, the day after the scan, and the scan showed this baby with a bigger than average head, so needless to say I am really worried about stitches again. ( Cooper's head was the same size as this clients baby and he was only 7lb 9ozs!!!) I have told Dennis that I am desperate to avoid the stitches this time. I also said to him that I wouldn't be surprised if I go a little early with this one purely because of how low and heavy I am carrying and then all of the other stuff we have going on. He did agree that the baby has settled very low..........

I am having quite alot of pain especially tonight really low down around the bottom of my belly, so considering he is off to Paris till the 18th I will need to keep my legs jammed shut till he gets back! lol

Hi guys!

Well my scan was pretty scary to start off they couldn't find the bub.

So they sent me out of the room to change in those daggy outfits so they could do an internal scan, whislt i was changing the Doctor said it doesn't look good to my hubby.

Anyway as soon as he put the Dildo cam there was my baby with a very strong heartbeat 150 BPM he said the reason why he couldn't see it through the tummy was because i have a retracted uterus (uterus infront of baby instead of behind) with this pregnancy.
    It isn't anything major it just means i am going to have major bladder discomfort.

But he said baby looks like it's here to stay and all is well and that i am due 14th January.
    So it's all good news!!

Hey Lovemygirls yeah that would be great 8th June I only have Sebie my other boys are at school.

I am off guys need to go and do some shopping!

OMG! Wonderful news about your scan! What a relief for you -- can't imagine how horrible it must've been for you when they couldn't see bub at first -- but thankfully as is well! So uterus in front will still mean that all is well in all other aspects? Won't make the pg harder or anything for you?
    Well, just too exciting! And power to you -- I really admire you being pg w the other kids! I can barely cope with dh! haha
    Big hug to you!
    x

Ros - gorgeous I am so glad that everything turned out to be fine with bubs, be gees what a scare! So glad Robbie was with you.

Nox - how are you hun? I am so slack and need to reply to your email! Sorry!!!

Hi girls,

Hope all our pregnant ladies are travelling well at the moment. Ella must be getting ready to pack her bags to Sth Africa (lucky bugger!).

With regards to our get together this Friday 8th June, I have to cancel! My dear nan passed away very peacefully on Sunday night aged 90 and we have her funeral on Friday. I was very excited to be meeting you girls but hopefully we can postpone it until another date.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast