Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi girls,

Ros how did you get on with James hun? Don't forget we are often at Dr D rooms together too hun! We must have great taste in Drs! I am sure my BP will be fine though, will find out on Tuesday. By the way, your tummy is not huge already - but don't forget Sebe was in there not too long ago! lol

Nox - your tummy is beautiful hun! Just perfect! By the way - your little bubba will NOT be coming early, otherwise I will be having a baby at the same time, and then I would struggle to be your Doula! lol

Mel - so glad to hear the girls are on the improve. ohhhh I hate the snot - Campbell was a real snotty kid, hence all of the ear problems, but Cooper doesn't seem so bad in that department.

How bloody cold is it today!!!! I am feeling very cooped up inside with the boys, but it is just too cold to go out! I have my stall to promote Doulas and Childbirth Education at my local playgroup market, so I am putting the finishing touches on that today.

Gigi - have a great time in Noosa hun, I am sure Ella is living it up in South Africa, long time till we have a holiday. Our last holiday was in a caravan when Campbell was 1 to Adelaide! After we move, some decent holidays will be a priority for us!

hi all!!

well i'm back from south africa. it was a wonderful holiday and i'm so glad we went, but i'm already feeling sorry for myself being back at work again, and want to head north to Noosa now too!! ha ha!!

sounds like you've all had a tough time over the last few weeks with sick kids - something for me to look forward to!!

my god - melbourne is FREEZING!! and i think my house must be one of the coldest.. it was 12.5 deg inside when we got home from the airport last night - gggrrrr!!!

well, my PG is all going very well. feeling pretty comfortable, and other than getting a sore back every now and then, and not being able to do up my shoes, i have nothing at all to complain about...
    still stacking on the weight though. have put on 12kgs now and still have another 3 months to go... guess i'm not going to make my target of putting on 13kgs or less over the 40 weeks - oh well... will just have to join weight watchers when i'm done...

nox - glad to hear that dennis is also handy with a scalpel and needle & thread... i had wondered whether he'd be any good at c-sections if he doesn't get as much practise as some of the other high-intervention obs!! if i do need an emergency c-section for some reason then it's good to know i'll be in good hands!!

relle - what is your due date? it must be VERY close now!! has your house gone to auction yet?

Hi girls!

Ella - so glad to hear you had a great time babe! Does your house have ducted heating? That is fantastic that you are feeling well! Lap it up while you can, that and the not having to deal with sick kids! lol

My due date is from the 8th July. I am yet to start some proper pre labour, but trying to wait patiently, however having said that I am having a miserable "I am over it all" day today.

I find it really really difficult to sleep in the last month, with loads of hip and now uterus pain. I had my appt with Dr D yesterday, all is going along well as usual, nothing interesting to report. I also had my 2nd appt with Kelly yesterday, so that was good, and we are all ready to go.

Our auction is this Saturday and I will be very glad when that is also all over and done with, only one more day of having an immaculate house for the inspection before the auction. Fingers crossed we get a good price.

How is everyone else going?

Default Nuchal Scan and Blood Test

Hi All,
    Thanks for letting me join your thread, and thanks for those comments regarding Dennis and C-sections. So much to think about and learn. I have another question I am hoping you ladies can help me with. I am due to see Dennis in a couple of weeks and by that time I will be 10 weeks 4 days. I have heard that you are supposed to have the maternal blood serium test at 10 weeks and then the Nuchal scan at 12 weeks. I am worried that I will already be past 10 weeks when I see Dennis. Did any of you do these tests? If so, when did you do them and where did you do them if you don't mind me asking. I tried to book into one place (next Dennis' rooms) but they couldn't get me in until I am 13 weeks, but I could get into Monash IVF Ultrasound(in Clayton) at 12 weeks. Does anyone know if one place is 'better' than the other and how important are the dates?
    Look forward to hearing from you with your advice.

Hi MrsK!!!

Welcome hun!

With the nuchal Fold test, you can have the actual scan done anywhere from 12w upto 14w, and you need to have the blood test done 10 to 14 days prior to that.

So having said that, so long as you have your scan done during that period and have the blood test done between 10-14 days before that you should be fine. Honestly though hun, considering you are not seeing Dennis till you are over 10 weeks, give him a call to confirm those details babe and set your mind at ease. You will be able to get your referral from him at your appointment, but he can at least reassure you about the blood test and scan details. I had all of my scans done at Malvern next to his rroms, but I know Mel had hers done at the same rooms in Dixon Street Clayton and she said they are great, so hopefully she can come on and let you know those details, or they might be a fair way back in the thread too.

Let me know if you are after a Doula! lol I am fully available all of 2008 and this stage! hehehehe.

Fire away if your have any more questions!!!

Ella - welcome back! Bet you wish you were still in Sth Africa with this freezing we are having (Noosa would be good too!!!). Don't worry about the weight gain, it usually comes off. I gained stacks of weight with Chelsea (23kgs) and lost it relatively quickly. My motto is don't stress about, enjoy this part of your pregnancy and enjoy all the food you like LOL!! LOL about your shoes!!

Relle - hope you manage to get a good nights sleep some time soon, preferably before this bub arrives. You know I have everything crossed for you for Saturday - I have a good feeling!

MrsK - I think the blood test has to be done b/w a certain period (I think b/w 10-11weeks), then ultrasound at 12 weeks. Like Relle said, call Dennis on Monday just to make sure. I went for my ultrasounds at Dixon St in Clayton were Dennis sees patients on a Wednesday. My first pregnancy I went to the one in Malvern, next to Dennis rooms, second pregnancy to Dixon St and I much preferred Dixon St. I found the staff to be very friendly, the sonographer (Dr Mark Teoh) was extremely thorough and their equipment is state of the art (you get to watch the baby on a huge, big plasma screen!). This is just my personal preference. Good luck with it all and we are here to help if you need it.

Hi all,

MrsK -- I had all my tests (and still am) a bit after the times they say in the books, but there is such a margin that both the u/s people and Dennis has said that there is no prob. But Dennis is always reassuring to speak to and will tell you what you need to know anyway. Good luck with it all!

Ella -- welcome home (!!??) I hope that you are totally relaxing even if it is freezing! I can't get my DH to think QLD although I have NEVER been colder! I was assured that PG would make me warm over winter! SOOO disappointed! So our break is to go someplace even COLDER -- Lorne! LOL Anyplace out of Melbourne, where it will be hard for me to check emails and mobile is good really and I am a lover of the ocean, so I am not really complaining ... and I know it is my fault we didn't go OS because of my work!

Relle -- thanks darling! I am totally amazed that you have such energy!

BTW girls and anyone out there -- Relle is an amazing source of reassurance and strength. My DH was skeptical about having a doula and having met with Relle now a couple of time, he is totally grateful that she will be with us! Of course, I will let you know more AFTER I birth, to let you really know! LOL!!
    Seriously, you are really great at this! Thanks xx

Hope everyone else is well ...

Hi All,
    Thank you for making me feel welcome.

Relle - Does Dennis usually take calls from patients he hasn't seen yet? I don't think I will get past the receptionist. Also excuse my ignorance, but what is a Doula? I guess you can tell that this is my first pregnancy.

Mel - thanks for this tip about the U/S rooms at Clayton. Do you know what the place is called so I can look up their phone number. I would like to call them to see if there is even a chance I can get in at the right time.

Nox - thanks for your feedback too.

MrsK - YOu are more than welcome hun! Linda can probably confirm the actual timeframes for the scans and tests as well, but I don't think he would have a problem chatting to you, considering you are not seeing him till 10 weeks anyway, normally you would have already had the discussion with him at 8 weeks, but I know he has a huge backlog from his trip away.

If Linda is at all abrupt, just please ignore it and don't take it personally - you will be really really happy with Dennis, Linda just takes some getting used to!

A Doula is someone that individual couples hire to help them through their pre-natal, birth and post natal periods. As a Doula I provide my clients with Emotional, physical and Informational support to assit them to prepare for the labour and life with a baby. I go through everything from how the brain, and hormones influence labour, to sharing DVDs and books with you, then positioning, talking about ALL of the pros and cons of each drug and intervention that you may need through labour.

I generally do at least 4 pre natal visists as I like to build a rapport with both Mum and Dad, cause as a Doula, my support role is as much for the Dad as the Mum! Especially first time dads, having a support person with them through the entire length of the labour enables them tp be able to have breaks, knowing that their partner is still well supported, and also just someone there that can reassure them when Mum gets a bit upset, or things are getting pretty full on! Unlike the hospital midwives, I do not do anything medical, but I am also only there for you!

I personally do not have any preference to which style of birth is right, my philosophy is to support the couple in whatever choices they make for their labour, but knowing that every choice they have made is an informed choice!

Dennis has actually really impressed me with his support for my choice of becoming a Doula, and at each visit I personally have with him, he has been more and more supportive.

Nox - your DH is a sweety! He has totally impressed me with his willingness to take on board all of the discussions we have and I really really look forward to our meetings ! It is never ever hard to come and see you guys - Parents to be like you guys are the reason I am doing what I do - If all Dads to be were as enthausiastic as what he is I will be one very happy Doula!!!!

Let me know if you would like to know anything else, I have a website, but can't post the link, so if you would like to have a look, please let me know and I will email you a link !

MrsK - its called Women's Diagnostic Ultrasound Centre. 14-16 Dixon St, Clayton (which is- the street just before Monash Medical Centre). Phone 9562-8423. There is good parking located at the back of the building. Good luck, I hope you get in and if you can ask for Dr Mark Teoh.

I bet Gigi is having a lovely time in Noosa - lucky thing!

OK I am well and truly over this pregnancy now!!!

I have a bad lower back and hips at the best of times, but this constant backache has finally got the better of me. Everytime I roll over in bed my hips click out of place and then when I go to get up to go to the toilet, the click back and it is excruciating, then I have the lower backache to go with that. I can't get relief standing up, sitting down, lying down, being on a fitball or anything. I am sooooo close to asking for an induction, but I am adamant to go naturally this time. I just don't know if I can do this for another 2 weeks or more though.

My DH is actually starting to beg me to have an induction rather than deal with the constant pain, cause although my back won't get better, the pain will not be so constant. I have an appt tomorrow with Dr D and I know all I have to do is say the word for the induction, so this is really going to come down to my own will power.

I have had alot of snotty mucus(sorry for tmi) and alot of different niggles last night, but nothing at all that looks very promising for labour anytime soon.

Sorry for the long whinge, I am just feeling really down and teary about it all today!

Relle,

Sorry to hear that things are getting you down - the pain sounds horrible, and it must be such an effort to keep soldiering on through it while having the two boys to look after as well - you can't just curl up in bed and feel sorry for yourself!!

Go to Dennis with an open mind tomorrow and see what his take on the situation is... But i can understand it must be difficult, knowing that with one word you could be induced and put an end to it (and meet your little boy of course!), but at the same time wanting to wait it out to go into labour spontaneously... of course the decision would be a LOT easier if you knew whether you were going to go into labour tomorrow or in three weeks!! i'm sending you lots of labour vibes, and hoping that this little one decides to debut sooner rather than later!!

do you have anyone who can take your boys for the day to give you some time alone to relax (as much as possible in your condition - i'm thinking nice warm bath), a few hours to recharge your batteries might make all the difference..

sorry i can't be of any help... i really have no solutions for you!!

Ella - thanks hun!

For once the boys are actually down for a rest together, so I am going to make the most of it and have a rest myself.

Sadly I don't actually have anyone that is able to take the boys for me just for a rest. My MIL works and she is on call for when I go into labour.

Kelly is giving me the details of a chiro, so I am going to give that a try and see if it helps to ease and also ask Dr D for a script for Panadeine forte tomorrow and then do an internal and see where I am at.

You are so right though hun, If it was only a few days away I could easily hang it out and just keep taking panadaol/panadeine forte, but if we are talking another few weeks, I am in trouble!

Ah well, will keep going and keep you posted.

Relle,

Forgot to ask - how did the auction go?!!

Oh sorry love, I keep forgetting to post it - Yes we sold and we got a good price so we are really relieved, and very much looking forward to getting to our new house - for the space!!!! lol

We still have a 90 day settlement though, still a fair amount of time till we move!

How is the new house going hun?

Hey bogan!!(and everyone else)
    Poor you...I would love to take your gorgeous boys for you so you can have a rest - But don't think I could manage them and Quinn at the same time - I am not a super duper extremely amazing mum like you.

I'm so glad to see the I love Dennis fanclub is still up and running!!!

Default Thanks and bye for now

Hi Ladies.
    Sadly I will not get to meet your favorite OB this week as planned. I lost my little angel last night at 9w 5d. DH and I are shattered. I wish you all good luck and hope that one day I can rejoin this thread with some wonderful news.
    Thank you for your advice and support.

ohhh MrsK - hun I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious angel. Huge huge to you and your DH babe.

Please feel free to pop in and chat with us whenever you are feeling upt to it and let us know how you are getting on. Again I am so sorry sweetie!

Fahncy Arse - Nice to see you grace us with your presence! Thanks for the thought - but you of all people know I WOULD NOT put both of my kids onto anyone with a young bub as well! I couldn't afford the counselling bills afterwards.

Thinking of you MrsK............

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast