Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Ahh Mel -- my best to you and your family. What a wonderful thing that your Nan was able to meet and love your tow daughters. That is truly a blessing. Take care and wishing you all the best.

much love
    xx

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Mel, You know I will be thinking of you on Friday hun, don't worry about our catch up, we can do it another time.

Remember if you need any help with the girls, you know where I live! lol

Mel,
    Sorry to hear about your Nan. Hope the funeral is as pleasant an occasion as possible for your family...
    Yes, you're right, i should be packing my bags for South Africa but i haven't started yet, and am going out for dinner tonight! oh well... i have done all of my hand washing, so the rest should be pretty easy to throw together at the last minute... I leave on Friday - woo hoo!!

Hope everyone else is travelling well, and Relle good luck with all the house preparations and wishing you a wonderful birth experience if you 'pop' while i'm away!!

Azi Guest

Default Disappointed

I have just found out we are pregnant after having had a miscarriage earlier this year. Naturally I am a bit anxious about this one.

Based on all the warm recommendations on BB for Dennis I called his offices thinking I would be arranging and appointment, but by the time his receptionist was done, I decided it wasn't for me. It may be unfair to judge Dennis by his receptionist but:
    > she was quite abrupt and terse in her responses to my few basic questions
    > There was no flexibility about seeing Dennis any earlier than 10 weeks, despite my prior misscarriage
    > I asked whether Dennis does a heart beat test at the first appointment - she said he doesn't have time for that and that my prior experience doesn't make any difference. Which I felt was like saying "Dennis doesn't have time to give you the care you need".

I saw Pregs Pillay for my last pregnancy and he was really wonderful, especially about our loss. Pregs does an in-rooms US at 8 weeks, which is fantastic - I think all OBs should. It made a huge difference to us to find out promptly about the miscarrage - it was a missed miscarriage so I could easily have gone through to the 10 week appoint without knowing, which would have been that much worse. Pregs handled it all so well.
    But one of the best thing about the Pregs was his receptionists! (I would be going back this time, but I found the city too inconvenient as I live and work in the burbs.)

So I've booked in to see Scott Pearce, whom I can see at 8 weeks and with whom organising a US at 8 weeks to check for a heart beat was no problem.

It sounds like Dennis is really wonderful, its a shame the same cannot be said for his reception staff!

Azi, I am so sorry about your experience with the receptionist.

Although I have not suffered a loss, I can only imagine that seeing your OB as early as possible and checking bubs heartrate would be of the uptmost importance to you.

You are right, she can be very abrupt, and sadly this is not at all a reflection on Dennis. They are actually polls apart in personality. He is extremely calm and laid back. I know Dennis is on leave at the moment, otherwise I would suggest you speak to him directly in relation to your previous loss, and he could then maybe arrange an earlier appointment. I have seen him at 8 weeks with all 3 of my pregnancies, so again, I am wondering if this is actually due to the backlog he will have from being away. With him being able to check for bubs heartrate, he does not have an ultrasound or doppler in his rooms, however he has sent most of us for early scans ( even before seeing us for the first time at 7weeks) for dating scans or scans for bleeding, so you would not need to wait to actually see him to have that piece of mind.

She actually is a very funny lady once you get to know her ( It took me 1and a half pregnancies to figure her out though) so as I said I can completely understand you being put off by her attitude.

I hope you have a great experience with Scott, I don't know much about him, but what I have heard is good. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy

Azi,

What a terrible reception it sounds like you received!! i find his receptionist short and rude too (haven't seen the other side yet, of which relle speaks!), but dennis is a different kettle of fish altogether.
    i had my first appointment at 8 weeks (not that i asked for it at any particular time, that's just the first appointment that the receptionist arranged), and at 9 weeks i had a scare, thought the baby had died (for no very rational reason - there was no bleeding, but my symptoms suddenly seemed to disappear), and Dennis sent me for an U/S straight away after a phone conversation.. he definitely doesn't mind referring you for extra monitoring if you are concerned about the welfare of your baby...

anyway, it's all irrelevant now as you have found an OB now that you're happy with, which is the main thing! and it is reassuring to know in advance that he will happily refer you for an u/s at 8 weeks.

congratulations on your pregnancy and i hope it is worry-free this time around! good luck with everything!!

gigi01 Guest

Hi all,

Sorry for lapse in contact - just been very hectic around here at the moment!

Ella - sorry I have missed you but have a great trip and hear from you when you get back.

Ros - so glad all ok with the scan in the end - phew - that would have been a terrible few minutes inbetween for you though, you poor thing. bring on the 14th of June! how exciting.

Relle - I hope that you can avoid stitches too babe! I hear you on that one. I must ask Dennis how many he actually put in there when i see him.....don't work too hard with the painting! Don't want you doing yourself any damage.

Nox - great to hear all is well with you - my goodness your pg is flying!

Mel - so sorry about your nan - thinking of you today and hope that it will be an alright day for you all things considered. No worries about the catch up....we can easily pencil it in for another time.

Azi - I am so sorry that you had a negative experience with Linda. I agree with what the other girls have said - I have had two pgs with Dennis and I am the same as Relle - it took me a while with my first to realise that she was all bark and no bite - and once you get in there to meet her it's a completely different story. But I fully can understand how it could be quite off-putting if you don't know what to expect. I have heard her be terribly rude to people on the phone and I cringe! I also saw Dennis early so I think that it's probably got something to do with his leave and being fully backlogged with work when he gets back. God knows it's the only chance he gets to have a holiday! I also think that he would have seen you and spoken you through the miscarriage etc and been really supportive as he is very lovely like that but understand your moving on to another OB.

I have had some experience with Scott Pearce - being an endometriosis sufferer I have had many an op and he did my last one as the replacement of my previous gyno (before pgs). He is young and apparently brilliantly trained - very good rep. He wasn't my cup of tea though (only because I am used to "older" docs - seemed weird to have such a young man checking me out down there iykwim! LOL) and interestingly I had a bad experience with his reception staff where they stuffed up my appointments and hospital bookings and it was all a disaster in the end as I turned up to hospital fasted and ready for the op and they didn't know who the heck I was. Anyway, he is very very good at what he does though and I am sure that he will be fantastic for your pg. Best of luck and hope that all goes well for you this time.

Girls, I am off to Noosa on Sunday 17th June for two weeks (can't wait!), so could do morning tea this week some time if that suits everyone! Would love you to see Mimi before she is too big! Let me know how you are placed anyway and we can sort something out.

Take care all and chat soon

Gigi xx

Hi Girls - Gigi - have a great trip!!!
    I won't be going on any for a long time!!

Azi - If you would of posted on here before hand we would of warned you about Linda, she is very rude, after 2 pregnancies with Dennis and a future one on the way i know how to handle her. But i do have to say she almost put me off Dennis when i first called her, but due to the glowing recommendations from a Cabrini midwife i though i would give him ago, and my god they are no way in the the same league, (IMO he really should get a receptionist that matches his personality cause he really is a gem) by the way i like the back up Receptionist she is so nice!

Also Dennis always see's you at 8 weeks, so it really baffles me that Linda would say that, And also Dennis does not have an ultrasound but he is next door to an ultrasound place and he has given me ultrasounds at the 7 week mark for 2 pregnancies. She is normally a pooh but she must have been an extra pooh that day, so sorry hun for your experience. Hope you have a good experience with Scott Pierce.

Default Dennis and C-sections

Hi All,
    I'm sorry to crash your thread, but I wanted to ask a question about Dennis. I have read all the glowing reports about him and how he is low intervention, however my questions is what if you want/need intervention? Does he do many C-sections? Does anyone have any experience of a C-section with him or know of anyone who has? It is possible I may need one for medical reasons and want to know if he would be the right OB in this case.
    Thanks for your advice.

Hi Mrs K i would imagine that he would put your health ahead of anything! My third child Sebastian was lying transverse up to 38 weeks if he didn't turn it would of been a cesarean, but Dennis had a gut instinct that he would turn and not to worry, but yes he would do it if you required one.

Hopefully the other girls can help yopu out a little more. But he is a wonderful OB and i can guarantee once you see him you will be put at ease, just the way he is. Please be warned of the Receptionist, the first time over the phone she can be a bit of a stinky so please do not be put of by Dennis he is soooooo opposite

gigi01 Guest

Mrs K - I agree with Ros. I have two friends who have had Dennis do CSs and no problem when it is required. Definitely give him a go - he just likes to give you the best chance to deliver vaginally but certainly your health comes first!!!

Best of luck and a happy and healthy pg to you.

gigi

Hi girls!

Gigi - I am sooooo envious hun! A trip to Noosa, how awesome! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I am all for a catch-up as well, Is anyone free on Friday? I have playgroup tomorrow, but could do Friday morning or arvo.

Mrs K, I have not had personal experience, but I have actually heard that is is fantastic at C/S as well and I totally agree with the other girls, He would not hesitate to do a C/S for you if that is what is best for you and what you want to have.

Well girls, I am having a bit of a stress at the moment. Cooper has been really bad the last couple of nights, and now has a red rash on his cheeks and when I took him to creche yesterday there was a note up for Slap Cheek. So we are off to the doctors this arvo to get him checked out, as it is not good for preggo women! Great!! I was supposed to get my BP checked this week as well, so while I am there will get that done too. I am sure it will all be fine, but I guess can't hurt to have it checked out.

gigi01 Guest

Hey Girls,

Relle - forgive my ignorance but what the heck is Slap Cheek! I have never heard of it!!! Hope the little man is ok though....how are you feeling babe? hope you are doing ok.

Friday should be ok with me - in the afternoon or late morning? have an appointment at 9am and not sure how long it will go.

hope you are all well. had a rough day today - ella not well I don't think and just grizzled all day long. I didn't know what to do with her. anyway, won't bore you with whinges.....take care all

gigi xx

Relle - poor Cooper! Slap Cheek is quite common at creche, having said that, Chelsea has never had it (touch wood!!!!). Make sure you let us know what happens at the docs with both Cooper and you.

Gigi - I can totally hear you about whingy babies today. Chelsea has a cold and has been coughing and spluttering over Marley for days. Now Marley has a cold and is absolutely miserable. Snot everywhere and just very irritable. Thankfully I was out for most of the day at another funeral (my nans best friend died Thursday), so DH had to contend with it - lucky him!!! Hope Ella gets better soon and feel free to whinge as much as you want! I am so envious of you, escaping this bitterly cold weather to head to Noosa, my favourite holiday destination! You will have a wonderful time, they weather is perfect. Not too hot. I wish I could catch up Friday but with these sick kiddies, I wouldn't want anyone elses kids getting sick too! Hopefully we can catch up when you get back? Slap cheek is a viral disease that normally affects toddlers and school kids. They call it slap cheek as its looks like you've been slapped on the cheek and the cheeks are quite red. Once you've had it, you can't get it again.

Azi - sorry you had a horrible experience with Linda. I must have been one of the lucky ones, as I haven't had any problems with her. I think it might be the fact that my DH made all my initial appointments and he was first to speak to her and she must have thought he sounded like a nice bloke! She always chatted to him when he came with me (which was alot with my first pregnancy!) and questioned me when he didn't come to an appointment - maybe she fancied him LOL!!!!! Good luck with Scott Pearce, he is a very handsome man and I hear he is a good OB too.

Hi girls,

Gig, how long are you in Noosa for hun? Sound like with all the sickies we don't want to be anywhere near Ella or Mimi before you go. I am going pretty well thanks hun. Feeling pretty over it now though and I think if this baby gets much lower that I will be walking around with a head poking out! lol I have got shocking heartburn this time, So bad it is actually making me feel sick till I take a gaviscon or something. Yuk!

Mel - Poor Chelsea and Marley! But lol at Matt having to deal with the girls. Isn't it just awful when they get sick, especially when they can't tell you what is wrong. How did the trip over for that funeral go hun?

Well the good news is that Cooper does not have Slap cheek, the bad news is he does have conjunctivitis, so the trip to the GP was worth it to get the anti biotics.

He checked my BP and asked what it normally is and I had no idea! lol He said that it may be a little high, but considering he is not aware of what it normally is, it is very hard for him to know if it is actually elevated, or if that is normal for me in pregnancy. I am not worried, I see Dr D next tuesday anyway, and he is back at work from Monday, so nearly there!

Well girls, what else has been happening????

Relle - i am DR popp today for James, missed you by a day, Relle and i alwasy happen to see eaxh other either at our local GP or Chadstone!!

Well at least Cooper only has conjuctivitis and not slap cheek!!

Naughty girl!! about your BP!!! Not good!

Nox - how are you?

Lovemygirls- how are the 2 girls? Still with cold? Don't you love it when they are sick at the same time!!!

Gigi - How is Ella - Sebie has just cut his first tooth so he has been grizlly too. Lucky i was experienced enough to know what was wrong with him, but with my first i was dreadful!!

Has ella79 gone yet?
    Lucky girl!!!!

Me just plodding along getting a big tummy already but i don't care i will eat anything that comes my way!!! I am always hungry!!

hello there ladies!

I am massive but really good. Although I am famished, I can't really eat a lot and have absolutely not interest in actually preparing anything. So thank goodness for my dh, or there wouldn't be any food in the house! he is cooking heaps of really healthy things. although i really only want to eat chocolate! haha

Mrs K if you are still reading this thread ... I heard from the midwives at Cabrini that Dennis does a really great CS and that they are always impressed with it. He only does them if they are ness but when he does they say he is great and the scaring is minimal, time is minimal etc etc

I was so lucky when i went to D the first time, as receptionist was away and i have never had a problem with her!

It sounds as though everyone is wonderful! I am still working fulltime until the end of July but can't wait to finish! I heard of a friend who gave birth at 31w and another at 34w! i am at 29 now so have been joking that it could be any day now! haha! As I work at Fed Sq, I am threatening to give birth on the big screen!

Anyway ... freezing cold today! Have to race off. Hope all is well -- will call you Relle, later in the day to see if you are still ok for this eve?

Have a great day gals!
    xx

Relle - great news about Cooper (well not really great, just better than slap cheek!). Not long till Dr D is back and you can get your BP checked again. You have been so busy lately, maybe thats why its a little high? It was so nice leaving DH with two cranky kids, I think he has a new appreciation of me now!

Ros - please call me Mel, much less formal lol!!! Chelsea is better and back at kinder today, just has a bit of a cough which generally lingers for a while. Marley had good moments but would then turn feral with no warning. She had 2 good sleeps today so I hope it starts to disappear soon. Its all the snot that drives me crazy, I am forever trying to wipe her nose. I love food and even more so when pregnant. You go and enjoy whatever your tummy desires.

Nox - PML about giving birth on the big screen!!!! I bet that would make the news!! You are lucky to have a DH that can cook. Mine is a terrible cook so I usually had to cook every night, which when pregnant, you really can't be stuffed. Just think, its not long till the end of July, then you can chill out, put you feet up and read a good book. It has been artic today. I wish I was going to Noosa with Gigi!!!!

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast