Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Vent Thread #2

Ocean - what line are you on? im on the werribee line and i make sure i get seat for my 50 min train ride, if i dont then i make someone move. i dont care how embarrassed i am about it, my body is going through enough without having to stand for that long. If you are on my line at the same time as me i would be glad to save you a seat, otherwise use the transport law to your advantage, the signs do say they MUST give up their seat for pregnant women.

Thought I would have a vent in here... some things you just can't share with family or friends!

Whinge #1:
    Having a cold and not being able to take any codral *cough* *splatter* *cough* *sniff* - and to top it off everyone wants to tell me what I should be doing to get over it - "Drink lots of water, eat chicken soup, drink lemon tea, lots of bed rest".... LIKE I DON'T KNOW ALL THAT! IT DOESN'T MAKE ME FEEL ANY BETTER HEARING IT A MILLION TIMES!!!!!

Whinge #2
    I like to think I am a fairly practical, intelligent, sensible woman. This however doesn't stop people giving me advice on EVERYTHING. I know they mean well, but when MIL says things like "I'm really worried about your cat when the baby is here" - I mean really! Firstly, its my cat and my baby - let me worry about it. Secondly, do you think I am so stupid that I would just let my cat have free reign over the house to curl up with my baby whilst I'm not looking

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh That feels so much better! Thanks for listening

Josephine, that is so sweet of you!!!

I'm on the Hurstbridge line - can take anywhere from 40 to 50 mins to get to my stop.

Thanks for the thought though!

Lilcosmo, I know what you mean! Its like being pregnant gives every single other person who has been remotely involved with a baby at some point in their life (even being a baby when they were younger is good apparently enough ) the instant "expert" status!

nevsta Guest

Default c section 1st choice

Hi All,
    Just found this site and think it is brill!
    I wanted to get peoples feedback on choosing c section over vaginal birth. I wouldnt want to go thru a day of agony if it is not necessary but the reactions I get when I tell people are amazing, It seems to be very contraversial to not WANT to have a vaginal Birth why is this? would love to hear what others think

lilcosmo...I'm with you...I am already so sick of everyone telling me what I should be doing...eating...buying...organising...what colour...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...and the next person that touches my belly....LOOK OUT...coz I'm going to touch theirs right back and give it a good old wobble lol

LOL Ellie!!! please let us know when you do that, i wanna know the reaction you get hehehe

Ellie Thats a great idea!!

Sorry my time for a whinge.

At work I am currently in comeone else's role while they are on long service leave. They had been here 7 years and I haven't even been here for 1.

On friday I bled LOTS and on Monday and Tuesday discovered that I had infact had twins but miscarried one of them. After being prodded and poked, been to 2 hospitals, 3 doctor appointments, ultrasound and a needle in my bum (anti-d) I come back to work on Wednesday.

I have 3 uni assignments due in on Friday and have been so exhausted, haven't started them. Couldn't even pick up a box of printer paper at work this morning and just about puked everywhere when I tried. Also have a freelance graphic design job to finish (which I am thinking I may have to turn down).

Have what feels like the flu and am not sleeping well and have shocking cramps still.

My body is past it...it's so tired. It's had enough. If I was in my normal role at work and not this one I would ask to go part time for a few weeks but no one else knows how to do this job and it's integral to the running of the place. People keep telling me I look like s**t which really doesn't help my spirits :-)

Slipped in the kitchen on Saturday night and had a fall. Hurt back, wrist and ankle. Bummer.

All I want to do is lay down with a warm pack on my belly and try to sleep!

Am so confused over whether to keep trucking on through work stress (with these assignments to finish...which means a few all-nighters) knowing that I will burn myself out or say "stuff work" for a bit and have a rest.

I'm not the crying type but I could definatley cry now!

Ever since telling work i was pregnant at 9weeks i've had people freely commenting on just how massive i apprently am for so early on in my pregnancy Just recently it seems to have eased of some.
    That was until today!!!!!!!!

I had a customer happily make a comment about my belly. I was told "Gee you're massive for not being very far along" I promptly replied with " I know i've had people telling me how huge i am since i was 9 weeks". Thanks ever so much for making me feel like a freakin whale lady, I'm having a baby & popped early.

I bet if i wasn' showing as much i'd then probably be told i'm too small for how far along i am,you just can't win.

Nope Blue you can't win!!! Still no Belly and when i say i'm 14 weeks people repeat it with their eyebrows raised like i'm telling a porky!

I'm fat anyway and DREADING the day someone asks me if I am fat or pregnant!

Quote Originally Posted by angelaartsstudent View Post
    I'm fat anyway and DREADING the day someone asks me if I am fat or pregnant!
    Same here hun... someone asked me today if I am starting to show... I said I dunno as I already have a tummy!!!

I thought I wasn't showing either but I have lot 5 kilos (damn morning sickness) and my button up top doesn't button up on the bottom part of my but anymore so there must be something there under the fat roll! :-)

hey everyone

oh blueiris - i wish i was in ur situation - i'm 18.5 weeks and not showing at all - only put on half a kilo ... ppl at work keep commenting to me that i'm not showing and raise their eyebrows like i'm lying or having a phantom pregnancy.

I think it is SO rude ppl commenting on bellies. everyone is different. i never tell ppl if they're big or small for their stage of pregnancy. no ones business.!!

not showing yet either but already some people feel they have the right to my belly!!!! gggrrrr

and the whole "was that an accident?" thing too....

and the "i bet your hoping its a boy" thing too

OMG myson - me too - even tho not showing - people come up and touch me.

None of my friends have randomly grabbed me - they all ask - but associates and colleagues who i barely know grab me and touch my stomach.

i find it so rude.

You need to start grabbing their bellies back! That's what I plan to do... haven't had any random gropes though!

Someone asked me "are you married?" when I was pregnant. I really dont see how my marital status is relevent to my pregnancy!

And towards the end of my pregnancy I had to get DH to help me put on my shoes because I had trouble doing it myself due to a bum and pair of legs pushing my ribs up into my throat constantly.

The constant "advice" from random people was annoying too, especially completely dumb advice from people who had never been pregnant or didnt have any babies themselves.

And all the people who kept on harrassing me about not drinking any alcohol because of my pregnancy - "oh I drank and my kids are just fine". That lovely to know - that was you and this is me, so shut up and let me do what I want to do!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast