Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Long Term TTC #6

Happy Birthday Princess Jazzy! Have a lovely day!

Sent the three boys off to swimming lessons this morning by themselves, wonder if three boys will come home. lol What should I do with an hour to myself. Go fold up the washing. yay

murph, did jazzy ahve a nice day? one week to go!!!

saph - me too! lol except two boys and went to a play centre and then shopping centre three hours ago. still not back.. except i didn't fold washing, i just had a 2 hr nanna nap!!!! hahaha. all dopey and half awake now. going to lounge on the lounge.

hi loverlies

Hey it must be the day for it...I sent my boy and girl off to the shops while I mowed the lawn for I think the first time since being pregnant I didn't have much to do cos it was only the front but it got me in the zone and the next time I might be able to go to the right mower first time. I forgot we had a new mower. Now I might even venture back into the world of exercise. I just need a play pen for the shed so I can do weights and skip with jazzy kept out of mischief.

Thanks all for your birthday wishes for Jasmine. Her whole year of no sweets didn't even end on her birthday (unless you count a few nibbles of fairy bread). She wasn't even interested in her lovely green cupcake tower but she did love her introduction to cheerios (little boys, saveloys, party franks) or whatever you call them in your state

I remember making DS a gluten & dairy free cake for his 1st birthday. god it was awful
    Then 2nd b'day I made a train with lamingtons and put grapes in as cargo (rather than sweets). Well he ate all the grapes... He has since discovered 'real' cake and loves the icing. There's only so much sugar-high shenanigans I can cope with, though.
    Hope you've enjoyed your day off girls!

Well all three boys made it home from swimming with one in bed and the other two on the couch, think I might go off for a nanna nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph01 View Post
    but she did love her introduction to cheerios (little boys, saveloys, party franks) or whatever you call them in your state
    OMG! That's only the second time I've heard them called cheerios! I have a friend that's a QLDer that calls them that. Very confusing conversation in the beginning, to me, cheerios are that little breakfast cereal, so when she told me her kids were having cheerios & tomato sauce I thought "rightioooo...":

Hi to everyone else! Grub did you get my PM?

yes i get teased bit time here in cocharoach land for calling cherios cherios! because it's a breakfast cereal here... they also don't have Ports ie bags and wear bathers not togs HUMPH! but this si the same mob who don't like lychees so what can you say! hahaha Now girls no mean qld jokes

boc - nope I didn't. are you slanging me off about cherios lol. my email is [email protected] dot on dot net if you just wanna email me direct.

hahah marcellus! i could so see my DH doing that! sugar-free cakes for DS hahah i bought some baby choc custard stuff recently and bub hated it! but he doesn't have anything sweet still (only 10 months old tho).

murph - you need to get off that island love. Mowing, sseriously is not THAT exciting lol.

another week ! and only one til Jazzy's op and our viability scan yiiipppeee

barney Guest

JAZZY BABY HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE OTHER DAY SWEET GIRL AUNTY SMITHY HOPES YOU HAD A WONDERFUL DAY.

im off to look at your pics now and i cant wait lol .
    hi girls hope you are all going great,thinking of you all and missing you heaps.
    all is wonderful here..
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...+9+months+old/
    Last edited by onthefly; November 1st, 2010 at 09:58 AM.

DON'T OPEN THAT BELLY BELLY ADDRESS AT THE END OF SMITHY'S POST. IT SEEMS TO BE A VIRUS/HACK OF SOME KIND. NEARLY GOT ME. I've reprted it as well.

hey smithy,
    sorry about the above post but thought i'd better warn others first.

Great to hear from you and I loved your halloween piccy of the girl. she looks quite concerned lol.

Tahnks for the warning grub - must be something up with that photo site.

I thought you meant the link to Smithy's bb album at first (that's why your post was 'edited' by me Smithy, just having a look at the link)

Anyway, great pictures

barney Guest

haha no worries grub ,thanks hun and thanks for the words about bub lol.
    marcellus ,you too hun thanks for looking at the pics.

barney Guest

JAZZY... aunty smithy just looked at your photos and may i say HOW CUTE YOU ARE you are beautiful darling girl and growing so fast,looking more like a little girl now and mooving around with your puppy dogs sweetheart im sitting here with the biggest grin on my face and goosbumps at how cute you are awwwww . i love your shirt to im not sure if its more hippy like or indian like but i luv it lol..take care little miricale and give mumma a big kiss for me MWAH TO YOU AND MUMMY ...

Hello there, I've got a few serious comments to make before I get back to you making me laugh this time Grub.

I'll try to remember what I can of the previous posts so that I can comment on a few that I missed last week. I know I was feeling for you Saph and Butterfly Warrior with both of you in pain. It's so debilitating and I can understand your reasons for not wanting to put yourselves through further pain and risks to have more babies.

I wanted to join in on the discussion when someone raised the issue about what to do with the last frostie (Neptune??) It's funny how we all deal with it differently but have to go through all the same processes of working out what works best for us. We did the same thing, just kept paying the money every 6 months or whatever and avoided having to make a decision on our last little frostie until one day after all our conversations I told DH to sign it and send it and like ripping off a bandaid, just do it. We signed our last frostie's last rites. It is such an emotional decision, but paying the money to a fertility clinic in NQ when we're in SA didn't make sense. We'd gone from 17 at pickup, to 14 viable and after our third implants, we thawed 5 to get the two we implanted to get jazzy, so it's quite hit and miss, and that made the decision a bit easier for me. Our last one was potentially another Jazzy if we donated to someone and I couldn't do that, and our clinic doesn't use them for research, they only dispose of them. It would have been good to donate for science but in reality it hasn't made much difference to let it go. sounds harsh and cold but that's where we are at the moment. I've mentioned it's all been too traumatic for me to go back through everything we experienced, with the yuck time we had of nuchal tests and amniocentesis (told to abort or expect all kinds of deformities), to full-term breech, caesarian, cord stress, my blood transfusions, jazzy's deafness and all that followed. I kinda think we just want to go to Thailand and chill for a bit after jazzy's surgery. We were so lucky but it didn't come easy, my body didn't like being pregnant, my uterus, it turned out, was all wrong and if we ever decide to go against all the odds, we will do it from scratch and rule a line under it all for now. I guess I'm closing the door, but not locking it

6 and a wakey til Jazzy's operation. We're driving over to Melbourne (because we can't fly for obvious reasons) but we hope to make a bit of a fun trip of it if Jazzy is well enough. She is doing some seriously painful teething at the moment so I hope that doesn't mess with her ears as well. I have no idea how we are going to keep these Cochlears on because she is at a stage where she won't keep anything on. she eats her hearing aids and any hair clips, or hair bands MUST come out!!! She has to then put them in herself...and of course that works real well. Oh, why do they get so independent? I had no idea it started so young. I'll try to attach a photo later of the little fighter pilot hats we make her wear to keep on her hearing aids. Such a fashion statement

Okay, well that banana-smeared table, is not going to clean itself so I guess that means I get to while the princess gets to sleep. Remind me why we did this again? Oh that's right, we LOVE being Mums. Must remember that

Oh by the way Marcellus, oh dear, that cake even sounded gross. In my best Dr Phil voice, "what were you thinking??" That's so funny. I remember catering to a couple of coeliacs at my wedding and that gluten free caper, is so not a party! I could imagine your "no sweets for you" DH Grub, hovering over for little Ash. I was quite prepared to trot out the full sugar-load (albeit in little cupcakes) but apart from smearing cake from one side of the house to the other, she showed no interest at all in eating it. I love your train with grape cargo...so cute.

I'm half QLDer and half Victorian, living in SA so I've been bagged (or ported) from all sides. I spent too many of my tentative years in Vic so I got bagged for saying "grey lead" and "nature strip" when I moved back to NQ and for saying "castle" and not "carsel", and what the bleeding heck is a duchess? A dressing table. What the?

Grub I thought it was just me, I did get hit by the virus and had to reconfig my whole computer.Smithy no big deal didnt lose anything. Just par for the course when using the net.

barney Guest

im so sorry girls i do not know what happened pmsl..

Hey there Smithy, you must have posted while I was writing my novel Thanks for the lovely comments. When people say you have a cute little baby, don't you just feel like saying "I made her myself". I mean if it was a cake, you're allowed to brag. You must feel like saying that when you hear how cute Charlie is. She is just gorgeous. In fact, there's not a baby I've seen in this group that wasn't. Good genes in here girls.

Speaking of bragging about cakes...well, I can't. the green icing (to match my wedding dress) was mine, but the rest was a - shock, horror - packet mix thrown together at the last minute and arranged on tiffins and plates. but damn, they were good so who am I to change anything? Alright, I got completely lazy and thought, I'll go all out next year, and besides, she didn't even touch the cake. Totally uninterested. Strange child.

Here ya go Smiffy...Angela Bengsen's Photos | Facebook

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast