Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

Megan congrats on a blue bundle of joy
    Glad to hear that all went well with the C/S and you are having lots of cuddles with Noah.

In regards to C/S when people ask me what is my birth plan I generally say 'to get the baby out'.
    I am not fussed at all re pain meds, natural, C/S the plan would be deliver child in the safest way possible. I guess we are all a little scared of the unknown but am sure pain will come either way we deliver.

AFM, bubs has been pushing so hard today and always on my left side....so have no idea what is going on in there but I guess someone is running out of room and is stretching more.

Anyway betta fly have my 11 year old niece over tonight so better see what she and her Uncle are up to.

Hi Everyone

Geez, so busy in here after the long weekend.

Firstly, welcome to Kim & Megan. I hope you have a wonderful 8 months.

Megan: Congrats on the arrival of Noah (love the name, I have it on my list of names as well). I'm so pleased you c/s went so well, it is giving me more definate ideas that I will have an elective c/s when my time comes (due to other problems down there). I have heard that the recovery from an elective c/s is much better than an emergency c/s as your body has gone through so much labouring that by the time you have surgery you are pretty wrecked.

Everyone else, hi. Have been checking how you are all going. We are starting to plan our purchases now as well. We are also lucky as my parents and IL's and my sister are going to help with some big ticket items so hopefully we won't have to spend too much on the smaller stuff.

AFM: Had our 12 weeks scan today (at 12 weeks 4 days) and bubble was having a nice time waving his little hands around at us. He was all crouched down and then decided to do a jack in the box and streched out his legs, OMG his legs are so long DH thinks he will be an athlete, hb was nice and strong at 160 bpm and we could see the stomach and bladder and the brain so everything looks good. Just need to wait for the downs result next week at ob appt. But it is so nice to now let everyone know about the impending arrival of our bubble in 6 or so months (ps: I'm referring to bubble as a he cause I think it's a boy... Didn't to confuse anyone that we already knew)..

Good morning,
    how are you all? Hi Bee and Kahlan (I've forgotten to mention you both lately). Hope you are both well. Kahlan, your mother in law, wow, that's huge, you must get along. My DH will be giving his perfectionist mother her first grandchild and I aint letting her anywhere near me until I'm good and ready. It's nice that you have a great relationship, but you must be a rare exception. My mum is closer to DH than his own mum, so maybe we'll move her in!

Kelly..wow, great news on your scan. finally hey? and now you can relax a bit and start to let everyone know your news. I will be indiscriminately phoning strangers out of the phonebook to tell people because my mum and dad told everybody right from 4 weeks. Oh dear! I just didnt' think to tell Dad to keep it to himself cos I didn't think he'd be that excited (this is their 7th grandkid) but I guess with IVF everyone knows the trouble you are having and wish you so well. I could have got a bit huffy but thought it was cute, and like DH said, "how would he know the etiquette" I let mum do what she wanted cos she is grieving the loss of her partner and it was the least I could do for her. anyway, they're all good friends and family that wish us well so that's nice.

I heard DH excitedly tell one of his ex-army mates who now has 3 girls..."guess what?" so it's pretty nice, we're just going with it.

BG, I hope you're feeling better. I checked out the baby legs, yep very cute. I soo want to start nesting and DH agrees we should start buying nappies, so I think we are gonna start looking at filling our house with nappies (after we do our homework). Yay!

I'm having another off day, (I'm having a few lately and not able to get on top with all my trick foods). I'm craving steak everyday and I"m mostly vegetarian except for kangaroo!

Oh well another day, another essay to finish and another to start. Hope you're all well.

Default We made it to 6 weeks!!

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all well and enjoying your pregnancies. I need a hand on handling these first 12 weeks tho.

We made it to six weeks without much drama... Kim still has some nausea...not the same amount or intensity everyday but some each day. Her boobs are still killing her so thats good...hehe...She has pains in the uterus area often. She says they are like stretching cramps. Not period pains, but similar. I hope this means that her uterus is just expanding like all the mad googling weve done and by what Dr H says. But no blood. No brown spotting. Nothing. So we can thank the heavens for that.

Kim rang our dr yesterday to ask his opinion about the pains... he said that as long as it wasnt always on one side and that there was no blood, that it was completely normal. The ovaries get a bit of a knock around during IVF and also the uterus is expanding etc. He said to give him a ring on Friday and let him know how we are and if we are still concerned he will move the first ultrasound forward.

I mean we should be able to see the heartbeat by now anyway, but I guess anything can happen between 6 weeks and 12 weeks....I suppose the longer we leave it the bigger the baby will be and the more viable the pregnancy will be. The anxiety is killing me. Kim is trying to calm me down saying everything will be alright, but I wont feel better until the baby is here. So do I have this anxiety for the next 34 weeks or does it never end for a parent. Will I be in this state for the next 50 years or so or how ever long I live??? I say "I" because Kim is fine...cool as a cucumber as per usual...imagine the panic in this house if it wasn't for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole S View Post
    In regards to C/S when people ask me what is my birth plan I generally say 'to get the baby out'.
    Nicole, that is my motto as well. I would like to go natural but am happy either way, as long as the baby is well.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyD View Post
    Hi Everyone

AFM: Had our 12 weeks scan today (at 12 weeks 4 days) and bubble was having a nice time waving his little hands around at us. He was all crouched down and then decided to do a jack in the box and streched out his legs, OMG his legs are so long DH thinks he will be an athlete, hb was nice and strong at 160 bpm and we could see the stomach and bladder and the brain so everything looks good.
    Yay, you will feel even better when the bub starts kicking and you feeling it. Regarding gut feeling about the sex of the child. I was pretty convinced I was having a boy it turned out to be a girl (which I am thrilled as I hadve always wanted a girl for a first born).. so be warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Murph01 View Post
    Good morning,
    how are you all? Hi Bee and Kahlan (I've forgotten to mention you both lately). Hope you are both well. Kahlan, your mother in law, wow, that's huge, you must get along. My DH will be giving his perfectionist mother her first grandchild and I aint letting her anywhere near me until I'm good and ready. It's nice that you have a great relationship, but you must be a rare exception. My mum is closer to DH than his own mum, so maybe we'll move her in!

I'm having another off day, (I'm having a few lately and not able to get on top with all my trick foods). I'm craving steak everyday and I"m mostly vegetarian except for kangaroo!

Oh well another day, another essay to finish and another to start. Hope you're all well.
    Thanks Murph. Although my MIL adores me and we get on really well, I do have reservations about her moving in. I am a fiercely independent woman and find it very difficult to let others do things for me (including DH). I think I will have to get over the embarrassment of my MIL potentially washing my undies and cleaning my toilet which she would very likely do. She cleaned the whole house the last time she stayed over (DH was away on business).

It's a good thing you are having days off. Being 9 weeks you will find that things will improve in the next week or two. By 12 weeks you will be good as new.... BG's experience of continual ms is not what normally happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMums View Post
    I mean we should be able to see the heartbeat by now anyway, but I guess anything can happen between 6 weeks and 12 weeks....I suppose the longer we leave it the bigger the baby will be and the more viable the pregnancy will be. The anxiety is killing me. Kim is trying to calm me down saying everything will be alright, but I wont feel better until the baby is here. So do I have this anxiety for the next 34 weeks or does it never end for a parent. Will I be in this state for the next 50 years or so or how ever long I live??? I say "I" because Kim is fine...cool as a cucumber as per usual...imagine the panic in this house if it wasn't for her.
    Hi, you will feel much ease when Kim reaches 12 weeks and more so when Kim starts to feel the baby move. When I hit 20 weeks and could really feel the baby every day I was completely reassured.

Hope everyone is well.

BG's experience of continual ms is not what normally happens.
    most definitely not! please don't think that what i'm going through is in any way normal! i do have other issues pre-pg that have probably contributed to this so please don't think everyone goes on to have MS forever. some people have queasies for most of their pregnancy, but not debilitating MS like i've had!! consider me the odd bod - the one with really bad ms, the one that felt her baby waaaaaaay early (not that i'm whinging on that one!) and - well,, i really AM just a little odd....

thought i best pop in and update everyone on Ob appt yesterday. my poor Ob nearly lost his temper with the Gremlin - apparently she is too active!! not sure how that's possible, but he said it's the first time in several years he couldn't get an actual read on blood flow through the cord as the baby simply wouldn't stop moving! not that it's a bad thing in my opinion! but the doc was rather frustrated! funny thing is, she was quiet compared to "normal" for her! lol

struggling with pelvic and back pain at the moment so need to go wiggle - bbl

good afternoon ladies

so much going on here so no personals from me today, sorry!

just a whinge AGAIN from me! i thought 2nd trimester was the honey moon stage well WRONG! i had my first day of my 4 weeks clinical practice for uni yesterday and felt soooo hot and dizzy thought id take my bp, well it was 133/98 the 98 has gone up and thats the important number what was worse was my heartrate was 120!!!! i felt soooo awful the whole shift and have another 3 days of the pm shift and my feet are killing me, my back is and my neck, im sooo over caring for others who dont appreciate it when i need to be looked after i dont want pre-eclampsia!!!!!!!! getting proteins tested in my urine on the 29th to see and then go from there. oh and the migraines are shocking! im sooooo over this pregnancy thing!

Megan- congratulations! glad all went well and you can now bond with Noah

hi everyone else! wishing you well

Good afternoon girls,

Kim and Megan - Welcome and so good to see you in here Your funny Megan! I hope the next 6 weeks fly by for you. I too am feeling anxious until I hit that milestone.

KellyD - YAY, you've reached 12 weeks!!!! It doesnt seem that long ago that I was congratulating you on getting your birthday wish. Glad all is well

21 - you poor thing! I can only imagine how you feel. Take care of yourself.

BG - glad all went well yesterday. I would have thought the same as you about her moving around alot, sounds like a good thing to me

Murph - hope you enjoy your day off, sounds good! Gotta LOVE steak, hehe Im such a red meat eater. Im yet to have cravings although I have turned off some foods/drinks already. Hope I dont turn off meat!!!!

Hello to everyone else.

AFM, been feeling queasy on and off. My sense of smell is SO heightened and so many things are turning me off, especially my DP's smoking! Ive been getting some strong headaches too. I went to the chemist earlier and they said I can take panadol to help ease them. I didnt think I was allowed to but they said paracetamol was ok? I also picked up some Travel Calm Ginger tablets for the queasiness so am hoping that helps too.

Take care all,

Tania
    Last edited by MissMagpie; April 15th, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

Hi and welcome Kim and Megan. The 1st 12 weeks are the hardest. So much to worry about. Megan, try not to think about all the what ifs.. pregnancy and parenthood can be a worrying time but it is also an amazing time filled with lots of milestones and memorable moments. Enjoy each day and celebrate the little milestones. Congrats on making it to 6 weeks.

Murph, enjoy your day off - sort of... writing an essay doesn't sound like much of a day off! I've had a few cravings - I went through a phase of cheese and onion chips.. not the healthiest of cravings but I seem to be over the chips craving now!

BG, you've had a busy weekend! Hoping your pelvic and back pain eases. Not long now until you meet your little girl.

Miss Magpie, panadol is fine to take. Hope your ginger tabs do the trick with queasiness.

21, if you're worried about BP and symptoms of pre-eclampsia go and see your GP now. I wouldn't be waiting another 2 weeks. Not worth the risk to the baby or you.

Kelly, congrats on your 12 week scan. Enjoy being able to spread the good news!

Possums, thanks for popping in. My fingers are crossed for you this month!

Hi Grub, Nicole, Kahlan, Jen, Nixon. Hope you're looking and feeling "swell"!

AFM, still cruising along. On school hols at the moment so enjoying the break. Tummy is still growing and growing... bit of back pain but nothing too serious yet. Another ob appt at the end of the month. All is good!

Tania - panadol, panadeine, even mersyndol (day) and panadeine forte are fine in pregnancy. i find one day strength mersyndol does more for me taking it once than taking four hourly panadol - so that's what i do. it's very rare, even with headaches bordering on migraines PLUS the pelvic and back pain, that i need to take more than one mersyndol

21 - i agree - bp alone isn't enough to check - please see your caree provider to have the full range of PE tests done - the risks to both you and your baby are so much more important than placement/work

afm - have just had DH hang some sun catchers in Gremlins room and am now starting to sort and put away her bedding and clothes - soooo much fun!

i agree with you nicole s and kahlan. i'd love au naturale but so long as it arrives safe and sound i'll be happy. but hey i'll be happy if i can make the 12 wk mark without my head exploding from anxiety so how it comes out is really not a huge issue for me.

hi kellyD - did you wave back and say hi? that's wonderful. big congrats! do you feel more relaxed than before now you've seen the little champion???

hi twomums - i totally agree with kaydee78. i'm a bit in the same boat with the anxiety over ''bad things'' (i dare not speak its name) happening. but our fertility nurse really pushed for us to just enjoy our moment in the sun and what we've achieved. i don't think stress of mum or partner is good at this stage so maybe try and break it down to small goals. i'm a complete control freak an i can't stand that i don't get a say in this, its soooo frustrating. but in the end i've just got to accept it and try and give my bubs the best possible chance through right diet, exercise, rest etc. not long and you'll be at 7 wks!! yay. are you getting a scan???? that's what i'm hanging out for and i think i'll feel better once i see all the bits are there.

murph - hope your essay writing went well. how are you otherwise?

bg - i love your scan story! i'd think that obviously bubs is getting enough blood with all that movement!!! that does sound exciting, and fun.

hugs for you 21 - i can't wait til i'm at the stage when i say "and we paid how much to feel like this??", but i dare say i won't be saying it in very good humour. i really feel for you love. sounds like you need a man hug from DH.

hey miss tania - hope you start to feel better soon. pooeey i'd be telling dp to go down the far back yard for his smoke from now on. as a former smoker that's one smell i can't stand, preg or not. i've also found blackmores ginger tablets for morn sickness are quite good, but they are the size of a horse pill. lol.

kaydee - glad you are feeling so good girl.

AFM: just woke up from another afternoon nap. i think i've had one every day since good friday now... aahhh, yyyyaawwwwnnnnn. and they certainly don't interfer with my dribble sessions at night either but i figure bubs and i are doing lots of work so we are allowed to have a little nanna nap. thank god my boss rocks.

hi to anyone i've missed and big hugs to possums for dropping in. ox

Nanna naps rock!

make the most of the nana naps ladies! you'll get to a point where you can't get comfy enough to sleep so do it while you can! i used to tell DH i was sleeping for two, so suck it up and leave me alone. now HE reminds me i need sleep for two and sends me to bed most afternoons for a while. he didn't today, but he's making me hot soup for starters (lotsa yummy veg!), seeing i stayed awake and helped assemble a set of drawers to put in the wardrobe for Gremlins clothes. definitely a two person job - and not a fun one!

BG - thanks for the info on pain medication. I have been suffering hideous headaches lately - prob the last 2 weeks or so - the pain has been waking me in the middle of the night and I've been so reluctant to take anything. I've taken the odd panadol when it's gotten beyond a joke, but with little effect, so I might try something a bit stronger

Grub - yes! that is right re the nappies. I've explained all that to DH, but he said that it won't necessarily mean that it's all off and he isn't willing to take the chance. He's pretty hilarious. Men, huh!

Hope you're all well

xx

Quote Originally Posted by jenc77 View Post
    Grub - yes! that is right re the nappies. I've explained all that to DH, but he said that it won't necessarily mean that it's all off and he isn't willing to take the chance. He's pretty hilarious. Men, huh!
    ROFL! and you can tell him we are laughing at him!!! of course you won't send him to work with poo on his collar. lol.

Kahlan - Glad to hear once you hit the 12 week mark it got a little better. Half way there!!

21 - Please take care of yourself. When I used to do shift work, on lates or evenings, we used to take each others blood pressure etc (worked in ED) and a doc told me that your blood pressure is normally a bit higher at night when we are awake and should be asleep. You should be asleep all the time by the sounds of it!!! Lol... I hope you are feeling better soon.

MissMagpie - My saviour!!!!! You helped me through the low egg numbers drama and so glad we went ahead with the egg pick up, look what happened!! Yes, yes, i do try to be humorous at times...helps ward off the anxiety... feeling a bit better getting through today. Kim had the worst MS today. Lucky she was on a day off at home. She is taking the Blackmores Morning Sickness Formula, she hates ginger, but she has only been taking one when she feels sick, read the label today and she is meant to take 3 times a day!!!

Kaydee - Thank you so much!! Yes we feel very fortunate to have made it to six weeks with all these symptoms... you are right. Happy 6 weeks to us... YAY!!

Grub - Yes we are getting a scan on the 27th April when we are 7 weeks 5 days. Doc said to call on friday and maybe we can move it forward. But we are trying to last as long as possible while we are getting all these preg symptoms. He said it can do more harm than good too early...

Megan - Now i have a bone to pick with you.... First you steal my name...ok you might have had it all along, but then you go and steal our boys name... Noah... we might just still use it but you never know. Isn't that weird... my name is Megan and our son will probably be named Noah and your name is... well you know..Congratulations sweety! Well done!!!!

Well as i was saying earlier Kim had a shocker of a day with the MS. She also felt light-headed as well as very very nauseous. Hopefully taking the Blackmores Morning Sickness Formula "AS DIRECTED" will help tomorrow... Night girls!!!! Take Care xxx

Hi Girls
    Wow so busy in here its very hard to keep up!
    Possums: Thanks for dropping by and my fingers are crossed this is your month. Goodluck
    BG: I hear you loud and clear on the not sleeping thing the nanna naps are over i just sleep when im tired...now im up most the night trying to get comfortable plus like you im still sick every day. Cant believe how active your little girl is...cheeky possum!
    Megan: Congratulations on your little boy Noah (i love the name) i have had two friends deliver boys in the last two weeks also Duke (8lbs 2oz) and Oscar (9lbs 3oz).
    Grub, Twomums and all the other new ladies: This journey is such a rollercoaster you have to try and take it as it comes, somedays are good others are bad but everyday that passes you are closer to being a mother than you were 24hours ago!

AFM- OB appointment tomorrow to check on our skinny runts growth he was under 10th percentile at 33 weeks...fingers crossed he is getting fatter! Regardless of the outcome he will be here 3 weeks tonight!! OMG!

Well take care and belly rubs to you all!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast