Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

Firstly - Chez and Hippy Mum, I am terribly sorry to hear of your loss. What a terrible thing to go through and I am sure words could not express what you are going through. I hope you both find the strength to get through this trying time in you lives. Thinking of you both.

I am hoping i can join your thread? I am currently 10 wks pregnant after almost 3 yrs ttc, and very happy to be here.

BG - you poor thing, ms right up until 30wks! I hope it starts to ease off for you soon so you can enjoy the remainder weeks.

KellyD - same here. I have had horrible m/s since about 6 wks, but since yesterday afternoon I think it is starting to back off a little. Fingers crossed we can both kiss m/s goodbye!

Kaydee - good luck with the scan today. Looking forward to hearing how it went.

Bee - Im sorry you are not having a great time right now. Hoping your obs gives you some answers soon...

Janie - you sound ready to go any day now. How exciting! Am looking forward to hearing your arrival notice soon. Good luck over the next few days, hoping you are not too uncomfortable and that everything goes super smooth.

MissMagpie- congrats hun, so glad to see you in here. I see your bfp was on 13/3. Mine was 13/2!! Certainly not unlucky for us hey :-) Hang in there, not long not until your 1st scan (I know it feels like an eternity though).

AFM - Had my 1st OBs appt yesterday and we got to see bubs again, measuring 9x6d so growing very well. I am starting to feel a little more confident in this pregnancy now IFKWIM. One thing my Dr mentioned was to keep my water intake up, obviously, but not filtered water, just tap water due to the flouride. I have never heard nor read of this before. Can anyone shed any light on why flouride is important?

Big hello to anyone I have missed.

Hi ladies - just a quick one from me
    KellyD, I have lost weight in the first tri too. I wasn't overweight to start with and have lost about 7 kgs now. I had OHSS, so that is partly to do with it, but my OB said it's really common. He said babies are the perfect little parasites - they'll take what they need at your expense if necessary. He said it's more important to put weight on in the 2nd and 3rd tris.
    Hope that reassures you somewhat.
    And to all the lovely ladies who are getting very very close to birth time - good luck!!

Hi girls,

Diamond, and congratulations on your bfp. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the MS had decided to take a hike.

Kelly, glad to hear you're feeling a little better!

Janie, you're so close. I'm looking forward to hearing your announcement!

Hi to all the other girls. Sending you all big belly rubs!

Scan today went really well. It had been playing on my mind and I'd been having some weird dreams the last few nights but today's scan showed 2 healthy little bubs. One was really active the other was a little less so. The sonographer couldn't believe how easy it was to get the measurements and scan done. He said twins are normally a little tricky because one tends to be hidden behind the other. He also commented that the easier ones in pregnancy turn out to be the naughty ones after birth!! Let's hope he's wrong!! The blood mass I had at 12 weeks was completely gone at today's scan so it is a big relief. All is good!

Have a good night.

Wow sounds like a big and good day in here to everyone

Sorry for no personals just a little tired

Hello everyone and welcome Diamond,

I might not get tot you all but just want to get in a quick word to Tiggerlinda and Janie before your big moment. I hope you both have wonderfully calm births whatever your plans (or the babies plans are). Good luck.

Woohoo, KellyD, the fog of your M/S might be lifting hey? Could that mean cuddle time? Kidding...what a relief for you. I think it must be common to be short lived. My sister had 3 weeks with one of hers too. Touch wood, nothing much in the way of symptoms for me yet, I'm not even sure if I can claim my bbs as I'm still on pessaries and that causes swelling. I kind of want something concrete...but not sickness. I've got like a hollow pit of a stomach thing going on, where if I don't eat I think I'll die, then I eat and can't eat much and get indigestion.

MissMagpie,goodluck with your first scan. I'm surprised you have a 6 week scan through your FS. I only had mine done early to allay my fears but I wasn't supposed to have my first scan til 8 weeks. It's a long wait when that's all you have to go on. I hope it's an exciting time for you. My next is on the 31st this time at just over 8 weeks. We really are the new kids hey?

Briggsysgirl, I hope your symptoms back off and give you some peace. that's really tough.

Sorry to everyone I've missed, I have a low battery on my laptop...gottago xox

Hello to all the girls (both old and new to the thread) - so many in here. It's great to see.

News from me....not a lot really. I'm making some really dumb comments at work - feeling quite stupid these days - I think I just need to keep my mouth shut for the next 2 weeks. That's the next milestone for me - 2 weeks and 1 day of work to go and then I'm done and I'm telling ya it can't come fast enough. I've been putting off washing all the baby things until then and the house is a bit of a bomb site, but I'm just too knackered to do anything when I get home. Anyway, that's about it from me. Baby is still sunny side up, so more acupuncture to try and get the little monkey to turn.

Thanks Emma for checking in on us. Hope you are travelling well. X
    Last edited by Nixon; March 25th, 2009 at 06:30 AM.

Hey Ladies, gee there is a party going on in here with all the newbie's

TL and Janie, you guys are sooooo close it must be so exciting I have no idea how you are sleeping.

BG, no good on the MS. It must be horrible being over 30 weeks and still getting sick.

to you all.

AFM, 30 weeks today and my little June bug was kicking up a storm at 3.30am!!
    It was so cute but when I had to get up at 6.00am someone was back to sleep...
    Not much else to report for me seeing OB on Friday and just counting the weeks away till we finally meet this little one.
    Still really hard to believe that DH and I will have a baby of our own to love and hold in a couple of months time

Default help cramps!

Hi everyone
    I've had these weird cramps for the past couple of hours and wondered if anyone could shed any light.
    They're across my mid-section - not lower down like period pain - and they kind of radiate out from one side to the other and back again. They're painful, but not double-over in pain kind of way - more a sharp pain which makes me take a sharp intake a breath while they last, which is only a second or two each way.
    Any ideas??
    Jenx

Hi ladies

Jen: I think pretty much everyday I get some type of cramping low down. Sometimes it almost takes my breath away and other times is just like a bit of a stitch. I ask a g/f of mine who is pg with her 4th if this is normal and she assured me that it is fine and is more than likely all the stretching your uterus is doing. Remember in the first trimester your uterus will grow from about fist size to about the size of a grapefruit (bigger than it needs to be). If you are really concerned give your OB or GP a call, but I'm just taking it as part of the experience and so long as there is no bleeding associated it seems to be all part of what happens.

Murph: Ah, it seems you may be getting some symptoms... Hope the m/s does stay away for you. I think mine has now gone for sure. Still need to eat regularly, but not as much or as often so hopefully can get some of my life back now . As for the indigestion, I have been suffering since my m/s started and it is still with me (I think this is going to be my constant companion). I didn't expect it so early but it is definitely here. I must say it is really attractive to be walking around burping all day, never mind what comes out the other end ..... but so long as I get it out it makes life easier... Just another joy of being pg I suppose.

To all the other girls, thanks for your reassurance about the weight loss. I'm sure my OB will be fine with it and on the plus side maybe by the end of my journey I won't have put on too much weight and therefore have too much to lose... I can only hope..

Hi . Hope it is alright for me to drop in here? One or two of you may know me from the TTC after MC or IVF with PGD threads.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you all on your pregnancies

Secondly, I would be really grateful if I could run something by you all?

I am currently PG after an (IVF with PGD) cycle. Last Friday at 10 weeks I had a BT done. Great HCG (over 107,000) and my progesterone is still surprisingly over 300 (I have not been taking pessaries, but it got rather high from the Pregnyl during the 2WW). However my estrogen is still way over 5,000. I realise in a naturally conceived PG that estrogen steadily rises (though it never goes that high). But I had thought mine might have come down a little. Just wondering if anyone else has had their estrogen checked during their ART PG?

I guess my concern is that very high estrogen levels have been linked with breast cancer (apparently the increase in estrogen levels caused by alcohol is why alcohol has recently been linked to breast cancer).

I will talk to my OB about this, but would really appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Many thanks and
    WTH x

Good afternoon girls,

Just popping in to say HI

Diamond - wow we are a month apart! My first scan does feel like an eternity away. Im really looking forward to see my bubs heartbeat so I can relax a little. Glad all went well at your appointment.

Murph - yes we are the new kids on the block here! I dont know much about anything as yet and am slowly learning things along the way. Hope your going well

Janie - thanks for the advice. Im so new to all this and am worried because I dont have any symptoms but Im sure they'll be forthcoming! Not long to go for you now, how EXCITING! Hope bubs comes soon for you

to everyone else.

Take care,

Tania

WTH - Congrats on your pregnancy - but I'm sorry to say I don't have any record of my estrogen levels. Good luck.

hey everyone

just a quick one from me to let you know that i am still checking in on you all, not long to go now TL, only 6days!!!!

just wondering if anyone knows how 21andttc is going?? i cant remember but i thought she was going for a scan sometime soon and just wanted to check in to see how it went???

hopefully it wont be long and i will be back in here with you all soon

take care

Hey, just popping in to cheer some of you up....errrr...I'm sick! Yep, it has got me. M/S has touched down. DH came home today and found me sprawled out on the back verandah. No chucky, just yucky! All day just a really strange day of being absolutely so hungry I could eat my cattle dog, then so sick I couldn;t think of it, faint dizzy and wanting to go at both end but worse cos I got no movement! Oh great.

Tomorrow I do my uni drive, 2 hours down the coast, then after uni in the arvo drive with DH and my dogs down south for another 4 hours. Next day on a yacht for an ashes spreading ceremony and then wake. I think I'll give new meaning to "all hands on deck"...more like all fours on deck!

Anyway, thought you might get a laugh KellyD, hope your symptoms are leaving you alone.

Seeya next week.

Ahh Murph, you make me laugh... You spoke too soon and now you really know that you are pg. Gotta love the constant nausea, it makes life sooo wonderful. Hate to have to tell you but yep all m/s symptoms have gone away. It's been almost a week now with no yucky feeling.

All I can recommend is that you try and keep your food levels up. I was having 6 - 7 small meals a day, I didn't have any appetite for anything so it was really hard trying to find things to want to eat but if I didn't eat I felt worse. Oh, also beware of smells.. I couldn't handle any type of food smells (so no dinner cooking for DH) and even now certain things still turn my stomach. Hope your m/s is short lived like me and that before you know it you'll be cruising along nicely.

AFM: OB appt today, I'm a bit nervous to make sure our bubble is doing well as seeing I have no m/s anymore and my BB's have stopped hurting it is almost like I've imagined the whole thing. I think I might also be a little bit scared as some of our fellow LTTC's lost there angels around this time (Possums, Dusty), anyway fingers crossed all is going well and I'm just overreating... I am also a bit scared as today is the last of my progesterone pessaries (2 a day) and from tomorrow we go "cold turkey", so I'm hoping everything is ok on that side of things as well.

Murph - you are too funny! I agree with Kelly, lots of small meals is the best way to go. I found the foods that helped me the most were anything potato (chips, crisps, hash browns etc) - the carbs just seemed to help settle my stomach. Also green apples were a wonder. Apart from that I found that icy poles became my best friend. Fluid and a bit of a sugar hit at the same time. GL!

Kelly - GL today, I am sure that everything will be fine. My MS had started to abate at about 10 weeks also. I had a HRT FET and went cold turkey on the pessaries at 10 weeks. It is a frightening time because they become like your security blanket. Just remember that your placenta has taken over now, so the pessaries are not really going to add any value at this stage. I will be looking forward to hearing about your appointment.

M2C - thanks for checking in on us - hope to see you back here soon.

WTH - Big congratulations to you! And welcome to our busy thread. It is always so wonderful to see someone new joining our group. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice on estrogen levels as I was never told what mine were. There should be someone in here that can help though.

Jen - cramps in the first trimester are pretty normal. Everything is stretching and expanding for the job ahead.

Nicole - I can't believe that you are 30 weeks! Whoo hoo! Not long now.

Kaydee and Diamond - great to hear the scans went well.

Possums - thanks for dropping in and checking up on us. Hope you are well.

Hi to Nixon, Tania, TL, BG, LNB and everyone I have missed.

AFM - I have another OB appointment today to check BP is still okay. Am not sleeping for any longer than 2 hours at a time as I have to get up for the loo. Started drinking RLT yesterday and over night my cramps were pretty strong. So fingers crossed everything is starting to move. Forgot to mention last time that I have a case of carpal tunnel syndrome due to the swelling also. More annoying than anything as the tips of some of my fingers are numb and it is making it difficult to finish of some of my knitting!

Janie xxx

Come on Janie both of us on Tuesday

I hear you on the 2 hour sleep pattern I got 2/12 hours last night and celebrated

Nixon - thanks for your well wishes and congratulations on making it to the final weeks of your PG. I hope you are comfortable and managing some sleep

Janie - thank you for welcoming me to the thread. I hope the next few days fly by for you and look forward to seeing a post about your little wonder coming into the world really soon.

Tiggerlinda - all the best for the final countdown

Any one else got any thoughts on estrogen levels in an IVF

PG?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast