Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

Hi everyone

Well I'm back from my OB appt and yay everything is going along nicely. Our bubble had a strong h/b and you could see it's little arms and legs (that was when it stopped moving long enough to have a photo taken). It measured to perfect date so all is good, although DH wanted to know when we will be able to see a "doodle". No pressure for a boy or anything...

Had to then go and drain my body of all it's blood (at least it felt like that) for all of our 1st trimester screen plus a screen for Downs. Am booked in for our 12 week scan on 14/4 to make sure all is good and that hopefully we can rule out a Downs possibility (not that that would change my mind at all).

Hopefully the next 2 weeks will fly by and I'll be in the second trimester before I know it...

hi girls!

kellyD - congrats on the good results at the ob. 12 week scan will be here before you know it!

WTH - yay! congrats to you!! all the best for the next 8 months

TL and Janie - very exciting, you girls are really on the countdown now!

Murph - hope you're feeling better soon.

hiya Tania, Nixon, Jen, Nicole, Kaydee and everyone else I've missed

afm, had an obst appointment today. was excited to learn that my uterus now reaches to my belly!! eek! And I guess there's a lot more stretchin' left for it to do yet! Still getting plenty of movement from bubs which is such a blessing. Obst thinks the placenta must be at the back - and also being quite thin, is the reason I can feel a lot of movement. 2 weeks and counting till my half way scan. Yippee!

Mels xx

Mels and Kelly, great news on your appts. It's very exciting to see bubs moving around. mels, you're lucky to feel movement so early.. I'm still waiting!! I thought being twins and my 2nd pregnancy, I would have felt them by now but they're keeping us waiting!

Murph, GL tomorrow... hoping you make it through the day.

Welcome WTH! Congrats on your pg. Hope someone has some estrogen info to help you out. Sorry I can't help, my levels were not measured either.

Hi Jen, Nicole, Nixon, Miss Magpie, TL and Janie.

Bring on Friday!!

Hi Ladies -

I have been reading everyones progress every day but just not enough hours in the day to post.

Welcome WTH - wishing you a h&h 9 months.

Janie and TL - only days to go, how exciting !! Thinking of you and wishing you the best for meeting your bubs.

Sorry for no other personels - big to everyone.

AFM - all going well, OB appt on Tuesday but feeling bub move more and more every day. What a magical experience, I still smile everytime I feel bub moving.

Take care,
    LNB

Just wanted to drop in and wish TL all the best for Tuesday morning and the long awaited arrival of Miss C. I hope the procedure goes well for you and that you have a happy & health delivery of your precious baby girl.

Thanks Kelly yes only 2 days to go bit scary, exciting and a wait at the same time

to everyone

TL sooooooo close!!!
    Rest up if you can and best of luck for Tuesday

TL - I can't believe that you will be meeting Charlotte so soon!! Wishing you a wonderful birth experience and a safe arrival for your little girl! Can't wait to hear all about it.
    Devon
    xxxx

Hello,

Just wanted to drop in quickly and say hi to everyone, have not been able to do must posting but am trying to keep up with everyone!

TL - wishing you all the best for tomorrow - cant wait for you to report back on meeting Miss C for the first time - so very exciting. Good luck!

Big week this week - 20 week scan on Friday and we have decided to find out if we are having little girl or boy - we both think it is a boy so figure we had better find out in case it is a girl - we need time to adjust!

So I'm just on countdown now...

Wishing everyone well.
    FG

Hi All,

Just a quick one today to wish TL all the best for tomorrow! Hope everything goes really well and can't wait to see pics of Miss Charlotte.

AFM - well it is my due date today... and I'm still pregnant! All is still travelling well so it is just a matter of waiting and seeing what happens. Had an appointment this morning and bubs is still happy where they are. Another appointment on Thursday (unless I labour before then). If not, we then start booking in for induction. But the OB says that I am ready to go, and that only 5% of pregnancies go 10 days or more over. So that means I have a 95% chance of labouring naturally. Fingers crossed everyone!

Janie xxx

Just wanted to pop my head in and wish the very best of good luck to TL and Janie.

You guys must be so excited right now, you are so close to meeting your little precious ones!!! Hoping everything goes smoothly for you both and you have an enjoyable birth.

Good luck tomorrow TL - i'm sure you're more than ready to meet your little girl!

Janie - hope you have a bubba that decides it's wants out soon - going post dates just isn't fair! good luck hun!

to everyone else - a huge hello - i'm not posting much but reading daily...

hi everyone!

TL- good luck for tomorrow...what an exciting and scary time for you!

Janie- hoping your little one decided to arrive soon

thinking of everyone in here....

Good luck TL and Janie. Wow - time certainly has flown by. Looking forward to an update on how it all went.

TL - I'd be particularly intested to hear in detail how your planned C/S goes, if you are ok with writing up all the details. As the days go by it seems more and more likely that bubs is not going to turn and I will need to go down the CS path also. I'm nervous and trying to get all the info/stories I can.

All the best girls. X

Good Luck Janie and TL! Can't wait to be reading a couple of BA's very soon!!

TL, I'm with Nixon about looking forward to reading your birth story. c/s is looking very likely here at the moment. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Nixon, I contacted my calm birth lady and she invited us down for a chat last night. She went through in detail what happens before, during and after a c/s. We went through a c/s relaxation with her and watched a calmbirth couple chat about their c/s due to breech. It has put me in a much better frame of mind with regards to having a c/s and I'm pretty sure that will be the path we are heading down now. Midwife appt tomorrow and we will be cancelling the ECV we had booked. She said something last night and it just made everything a lot clearer for me. This is the birth our baby has chosen, and he has chosen it for a reason. I really don't feel comfortable forcing him to move.
    I can tell he has tried to on a number of occassions, but it just hasn't happened.
    You still have a few more weeks, but definitely prepare and inform yourself. I have found my nervousness has calmed down now and I am just going to let things be.
    All of a sudden, it seems I am most likley to be having a baby next week sometime.

Good afternoon girls,

Hope your all travelling well

Just wanted to wish Janie & TL the best of luck! How exciting that you'll be able to meet your bundle of joys soon

Take care,

Tania

Megan - sounds very simlar to me.

After the AP bubs manages to get kind of transverse (? I think that's what you call it - head on the left and bum on the right side of me with the back running across my belly at odd angles) but always gets back to the same old spot. I try and get into a position that will help (down on all fours), but no joy.

I'm not prepared to try the ECV - at the moment my headspace is all taken up with possibly having to let go of the birth I had imagined for so long and accepting the c/s. (Not trying to offend anyone who is going in for c/s - all I mean is that it is not the way I imagined it would be).

I'm hearing your calm birth lady on the the 'type of birth the baby has chosen' - it sounds very much like something my lady would have said.

I just need to own it and let it go and start getting excited again regardless of how the baby will get here.

I have been told I don't really have choice in the day though. It will be Saturday the 2nd of May.

nixon - just a quick q for you - my calmbirth lady suggested all fours to move posterior baby, but also suggested it for babies that were breech. she mentioned that one option to help is to have your knees higher than your arms - so up on couch with hands on floor to help baby move right out of your pelvis and hopefully turn.... maybe it's something to consider... just make sure someonen is there to help you back up!

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast