... 678910 ...

thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

barney Guest

congrats tl and clive on your beautiful little girl
    go see the ba girls /////////little miss c is here

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

hi all

just dropping in to say hi and thanks for the well wishes. spent some time the past couple of days working out how to "delegate" the work stuff for DH to someone else. unfortunately cos he works away, a lot of it, until now, has had to fall onto me (normally not a drama, but at the moment....)

Nic, i've been working with the calmbirth stuff and have done ok with it - have just had to take a lot more effort to shut out the external stuff kwim?

ummm, not a lot happening - we had to go to the hospital this morning as Gremlin hasn't been very active for past couple of days, and refused to move at all today. stressy phone call to hospital, got mum to take me over there (45 minute trip), doppler on - and BANG - she starts kicking up a storm - how rude! still not getting AS much movement as i was a few days ago, but have definitely been getting movement for most of the arvo.... am still somewhat stressy - but i'm dealing with it. GP appt at the end of the week, and Ob just after easter. will be 33 weeks then, and will probably talk about all the "important" stuff - like birth!

to everyone else a big hi! Megan - can't wait to hear the plan of attack for getting Buddy into this world hun! hope your appointment wasn't too stressful for you!

BG

Mar 2008
    mid north coast, nsw

congratulations Linda and Clive!!! hoorayyy ..this has been a long time coming and is fantastic...will go see the BA now

Nov 2004
    Melbourne VIC

BG, it must be the week for quiet bubs. Buddy has been pretty quiet too the last few days. Thankfully I had two appts today so got to have a listen to him both times and know he's ok. Maybe he's just feeling a little under the weather like me with this damn cold DH passed on to me! I can completely understand how you feel when that happens though. Seems so out of character when you're normally putting up with rolls and summersaults and kicking in the cervix. I can usually get him to move if I really want to, or DH can and if that doesn't work then I get really worried.

As for his arrival....it will be the 14th April. So, only a few days early which I'm happy about. As uncomfortable as I am, and anxious to have him here for us to meet I think it's important to keep him in there as long as possible. I was almost booked in for this Friday, which I think the OB must have thought terrified me by the look on my face! lol He didn't have any more spots available, so the day after easter weekend it is. Feels strange to have a day.

Congrats TL and Clive...off to find your BA now.

Nov 2004
    Melbourne VIC

I'm now booked in for the 8th - next Wednesday! Had a phone call this morning and the hospital is fully booked up on the 14th so they are squeezing me in late on Wednesday. In one week, I get to meet my little boy.

Dec 2006

I'm now booked in for the 8th - next Wednesday! Had a phone call this morning and the hospital is fully booked up on the 14th so they are squeezing me in late on Wednesday. In one week, I get to meet my little boy.
    wow!! only a week to go Megan - how exciting for you!

barney Guest

wow megan how exciting hun

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

WOW Megan, how exciting for you! Not long to go before you get to meet your precious little one Good luck

Nov 2007
    Country Vic - West of Ballarat

Wow Megan only a week to go until your dream becomes reality. A special little present from the Easter Bunny for you.

Mar 2007
    Sydney

BG, am in the same boat as you re movement this week.
    June Bug is mainly doing large movements and only a couple of larger kicks this week.
    Also more fluttering when I lay on my side.
    I get weekly updates from baby centre.com.au which really have been spot on every week so I hope this helps you to.

Fetal development - 31 weeks pregnant

Megan very exciting that bubs will be here in less than a week

AFM, was made redundant on Monday from my job of 5 years (actually 50% of my team lost their job).
    All is good got paid out but it means 9 weeks of nesting are ahead of me.
    Bubs furniture arrived yesterday which was very exciting!!

Belly rubs to all and hope you are all growing well

Nov 2004
    Melbourne VIC

Nicole, sorry to hear about your job. Seems to be happening a lot lately.
    As long as you're not stressed about it, and you were paid out I guess that makes it easier for you. You get to enjoy the last couple of months of your pregnancy and get plenty of rest.
    Nine weeks of nesting hey? I wish I could manage one!! lol I really had to force myself to do some stuff last night, and once I got going I was ok. It's just the getting started part I struggle with!

Dec 2006

thanks for the link Nic - i have been keeping an eye on movement up until now - i don't think i'd have been so stressed had it been gradual to slow down - but it went from sunday morning full on "i'm gonna bruise you mummy" to nothing but flutters Sunday night, all day Monday, and then nothing, even using all the "tricks" Tuesday morning. after monitoring on Tuesday, the little brat is back to "i'm gonna make you suffer" status! love it though - it's awesome laying in bed watching my tummy "bubble" on the surface from all the kicks. and Gremlin STILL responds to daddy's voice over the phone - it's so cute! i think the fears with reduced movement have been made worse as someone on another forum i visit (IVF/AC only) had a very similar weekend to mine and actually lost her bub on Tuesday at 38 weeks - it's added to my fears a whole hell of a lot

so sorry to hear about your job hun. it sucks timing wise to be left in limbo about returning to work after bubs is here, but the redundancy payment should help out! i'm STILL waiting on court hearings to finalise over a redundancy i'm owed from Feb 2005 - it was granted late last year, then appealled by the company, so is apparently going before the courts again this month - i really NEED that money about now!

was supposed to go to work today but my boss and i have agreed it's not worth it. i am generally green with nausea by the time i get there, and am not my usual efficient self cos i have to run to the loo cos i feel so bad all the time. thankfully it dowesn't impact my mat leave entitlement if i finish out my time on LWOP which is awesome. i have an appointment tomorrow in that town so will call in there if i'm not feeling too bad...

the nesting urge has started to hit here but i'm struggling with the energy to get everything i want to do done! it's so not fun - i can see it all but i just know i'm not capable of doing it (and DH would be sooooo peeved if i did - i have a habit of blacking out if i overdo things!). so i have been hiding in my bedroom, watching DVD's and working on a quilt for the baby! i feel like i'm being productive without physical exertion. Easter weekend will be really full on as DH should be home for the long weekend - he'll be working his little butt off helping me get all this "stuff" done!

Jan 2008
    Gold Coast

Hi All,

Megan- How unbelievably exciting...1 week to go til your little mam arrives. Am so happy for you.

Nic- So sorry to hear you were made redundant. Take the positive out of a negative situation though....more $ and time to prepare for little ones arrival. Am thinking of you.

BG- I feel for you still being nauseous all the time. I think DVD's in bed and quilt making sounds fabulous. I understand the fear you feel about little Gremiln arriving while Daddy is away. You know from our previous chats that my DH is away for work all the time too. I have been really afraid here lying in my hospital bed that these 2 little ones will arrive when DH is literally a day away from being here. I just feel I need his support when the time comes and soooo want him to be at the birth of his children. I suppose I've come to a place of peace now and am leaving it in God's hands (and I'm sure the man above wants him here too!!) Glad little Gremlin is back to the "I'm gonna make you suffer" status!! Hoping you feel more cheerful soon..I understand your fears xxxx

All my other lovely pg friends..am thinking of you and hoping things are cruising along smoothly.

AFM, 27 weeks today. 7 more sleeps til my big milestone where everyone will breathe a lot easier if our 2 arrive. Have been having a pretty hard time mentally so I haven't been posting. Just don't quite know how to express my emotions and my fear right now. Am so thrilled to have made it this far after going into labour at 21 weeks, 2 days. I know now really that it is a miracle that I got through that night and the days that followed. I feel so truly blessed that our 2 babies are still growing nicely and are nestled in my tummy. I am reading numerous times a day though and keeping track of where everyone is at. Hopefully I'll start to feel more positive soon and can join back in on the chatter!!

BTW...anyone heard from Janie???

Big hugs to you all

Bel and babies
    xxxx

Mar 2007
    Sydney

Thanks Megan, at least I will have several weeks to sort bubs room out as I am sure that you with a week to go are pretty tired and am sure are over it ATM....

BG, No problem for the link...I think that is one of the better ones that get's e-mailed to me.
    I think the fear on any quite day won't go away until bubs is safe in your arms.
    Too cute on Gremlin responding to daddy's voice....looks like someone is going to be a daddy girl

Bel, Congrats on 27 weeks and being on 7 more sleeps away from another milestone.
    You are doing great and have come so far but it must be soo hard being in hospital for this length of time...and you are very brave with everything that has happened.

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

hi girls
    just a quickie from me before i head out for the night - very excited that I'm down to 150 days to go! and only 1 more week till the half-way scan - yippee!

nicole - hope you're ok about the job. sounds like you are. and 9 weeks at home sounds heavenly. hope you enjoy it!

bel - not long to go before 28 week mark. you've done amazingly well with everything you've gone through.

Bg - I hope your girl is being more active. it must be so hard not to stress. i also have a friend who lost her baby boy at 38 weeks and it always plays on my mind. i hope you're doing ok.

megan - brilliant news!! 1 week, that is so exciting!!

murph - hope you're feeling better

Tania - how was the scan!? hope it all went well. if you're anything like me, a few pre-scan nerves would have been enough to combat the constipation!!

Hiya to everyone I've missed.
    Mels xx

Mar 2008
    Sydney

Bel, was wondering how you were going. So glad to see you're getting closer to where you need to be to feel a little more at ease. Hoping your twins keeping sitting tight!

Megan, very exciting to have a date when it will all happen. On the home stretch now.

Hi to everyone else. Have been reading regularly and keeping up to date with everyone's progress.

AFM, we're cruising along. Feeling well and babies are growing bigger which is awesome. Starting to finally feel some movement!

Take care girls

Aug 2006
    Melbourne

Megan woo hoo! one week hey! wow will be waiting to hear you announcement!

Bel so very please that you are doing well, i can only imagin how stress full things have been for you, hoping you make every next mile stone bringing you closer to you meeting your twins

Oct 2008
    Melbourne

Good afternoon girls

Nicole - sorry to hear about your job. At least you have lots of time to get things ready.

AFM - went for my scan on Wednesday and saw our bubs heartbeat, was AMAZING! She told me that I was 6 weeks 2 days which I had myself at 6 weeks 4 days so practically spot on She told me everything else was perfect which was such a relief. Ive been feeling a little nausea and my stomach is so bloated! It looks like Im showing already which is impossible. Im now counting down till I see my obstetrician on 27 April in which he'll do another scan and give me a more accurate due date.

Hope everyone is travelling well. Im still so new here so trying to get up with where everyone is at

Take care and have a good weekend.

Tania

... 678910 ...