Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #1 - 2009

Welcome Grub. Wishing you the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy. Enjoy it all because it goes so fast.

Nix

Grub, and congrats on your BFP!!!

Hi Grub, so happy to see you got your BFP and can now join us over here. Hope your have a smooth pg. But a lot of us newbies will be able to help you out with all the fun symptoms of pg.

Megan: Just wanted to send my best wishes to you for tomorrow. I hope your delivery goes smoothly and that you have a strong healthy bubba..

AFM: I'm in the 100's now (days to go that is)... Still such a long way but counting down to 12 weeks on Friday and scan on Tuesday. A friend of mine who is due 2 weeks before me (with her 4th) has been told she needs an amnio as she came back high risk for downs due to her age. She is 6 weeks younger than me so am a little concerned that my results may come back high risk as well. I suppose I really shouldn't stress at the moment until the result are back, but did any of you have to have an amnio done??

Hello all,
    I know that this is a really selfish post, but I cant help it...I promise to be back during Easter for personals!

Just wanted to share that we had our 20wk scan last Friday...all is well (i can stop my injections) ...and we are having a little boy! DH and I are very excited...and I want to test out the name with you all (we are trying to keep the name a secret from everyone else)...we are thinking...

Archer Darcy Tex (surname)

Why? - well my maiden name was Bowman - and an 'Archer' is another term for a man that uses a bow (abstract I know but the baby will get DH's last name and I wanted some family connection to my name)...Darcy after Les Darcy who was an Australian world champian boxer at the turn of last century and who stood up and refused to join the war effort (did not want to be the 'pin up boy' to enourage others to join and be killed), but ended up being killed at the front when he did eventually go (rather than choosing the soft - home base option - really good read if anyone is interested), and 'Tex' after the Australian singer/writer Tex Perkins - my husbands fav singer and songwriter...and besides it is what the baby is going to be called as a nick name so might as well make it formal!

So what do you think? Can you tell that I have had way too many years to think this through

Hope that everyone is well and that easter is going to be a good break for everyone!

Promise to be back with personals soon.
    FG

Hayley..excellent news join the club. Congratulations on getting your BFP. The numbers compared to mine sound great, but the thing is as long as they keep doubling every day or so and the little fella sticks on for the ride. Good luck and don't feel it's too soon to join. This road seems fraught at every turn, whether it's 4 weeks or 4 months so enjoy that elation you're feeling right now.

i'd better go, I'm meant to be studying for mid-terms!

KellyD, I wil watch with interest to see what people answer about the amnio. I'm 35 and my FS said he had to write me on the form as advanced age for when they scan me. I would have thought we were out of the age range risk at this age so I'm a bit surprised about your friend.

Hello everyone else, big wave to Bel in bed counting down the days til your magic milestone and to the two new mums, hope you are recovering nicely.

Megan... for tomorrow. hOpe you are relaxed (as you can be) xoxo

Sorry Farmgirl,
    I posted at the same time. I'll give it some thought for you and talk tonight. Funny I always thought Tex was going to be the first name and thought it was a country connection, not Tex Perkins who I really dig too.

FG: Congrats on finding out you are having a little boy. I know you and DH both thought it was a boy so must be wonderful to know for sure. I think the name you have chosen is fantastic, it is nice to have some family connection to yourself as well as DH.

I'm thinking of using my Mum's name as a middle name if we have a girl as it was also my granmothers name as well "Rose". My sister's eldest son has my grandfathers name and my dad's name and my brothers twins have both my grandfathers names as second names, so it's a bit of a family tradition. Although if we have a boy I'm stumped with trying to choose a first name let alone a second name. We have decided to wait until we know what we are having before we really start thinking of names as we are finding it so hard to think of names that we both like and that won't clash with the surname.

Murph: When my ob mentioned to whole downs testing, I said "I suppose at my age I am at higher risk" and he was like at 36 the risk isn't that high. So it has really shocked me about my friend, seeing she already has 3 kids and the youngest has only just turned 1 and she has never tested high risk before.

FG, I love how much thought has gone into the names you have chosen. I like the name, and most importantly all the names have meaning to you.

Only one day to go. I can't believe it. Just doing some washing so I finish packing my bag and I'm set.
    If anyone pops in here that knows me on Facebook, please don't mention it on there. There are still a lot of people who don't know.

Good luck for tomorrow Megan. We are going to be keeping the birth a secret too if we have to go down the C/S route. I'll tell my parents because they would need to travel to be here, but everyone else can hear about it via text after the event. Same as they would if I went in natural. So exciting. Best wishes that everything goes as well as possible.

All the best for tomorrow Megan - looking forward to hearing the great news that Buddy is here!

Welcome Grub - your numbers are looking great hun - i started out with a HCG of only 27, so rather low, and am currently sitting on the couch fighting to keep my laptop on my knees seeing that little embryo is now strong enough to kick it off me!

FG - i love your name choice - I won't share the name we've chosen at this point, but i will let you know that a similar amount of thought went into picking the name as what you have put in - and it has very similar emotional/sentimental ties for us. first name relates to me/my family, second to the babies we lost through this journal, third to something very relevant to DH and I. had we been carrying a boy, first name would have been DH's dad's nickname (he passed when DH was a teen), second a variation on DH's middle name, third DH's starsign (which is also a masculine variation of my name)

Kelly - there are many factors other than age that can contribute to the risk of Downs. your friend simply may have soft markers that are suggesting she test further. your age really isnt' a large factor. body size can also impact (apparently), paternal age etc - they can all make the risk higher. if you get a higher than average risk, it is ENTIRELY your CHOICE as to whether you have CVS of Amnio - don't ever let yourself feel pressured. if you can work your mind around the risk factor (say 1 in 150) - you have one chance of having a downs child, 149 of having a child with no problems. if all you need is to know that risk to prepare yourself for "maybe" then dont' have any further testing. i have family with a disability with similar physical and intellectual problems similar to Downs - we went into the 13 weeks scan wondering if our bubba may have similar. we NEVER intended to risk Gremlin through Amnio or CVS (i have a fairly bad history of loss) - but we needed to prepare ourselves (in particular DH, as he didn't grow up around my aunt and her issues) just in case. we came back with a 1 in 462 risk - not great for a 28 year old - but my DH is older, and we do have these markers in my family - so we look at it that we have 461 chances of her being ok, 1 chance of her having issues. and in my mind, no matter what, miss Gremlin is just perfect!

AFM - not coping real well at the moment. MS still won't leave me alone. baby kicks up a storm (which is gorgeous) but those kicks make the ms feel worse. some days i wish i could just be sick and have an hour of relief! pelvic pain not great - got stuck on the floor the other day cos i couldn't get back up and DH interstate so no help for me! took ages to get up,but got there eventually. sturggling with DH being away so much, but we'll get used to it eventually i'm sure. it is what it is, so i have to deal with it. he should e home all weekend this weekend i hope - so alll the stuff i can't physically do will hopefully be done. i can do parts of it, but things like lifting baskets of clothes kill me cos my pelvis and back hurt so much, so if he does the heavy lifting and sits me down somewhere to do the next bit,we're all good... have prewashed cloth nappies (probably half of them) and all the gender neutral clothes - might have to fold them today and then wash some purddy pink stuff!

Thanks Nic That's what we're doing too. My mum is coming down tomorrow and will stay at our house until DH calls her (she's about 2.5 hours away) and MIL knows and that's it, no one else IRL. MIL lives in the same suburb as the hospital but has been told not to come anywhere near until she is called! lol The last thing I want is to get back to my room (in the case we are separated) and find her there all over our baby. Otherwise, everyone will find out by text after the big event.
    Have you got your next OB appointment soon? I remember you saying you were planning on booking in for c/s next appt?

BG, pelvic pain is just awful isn't it? I would really hate to see how I would be getting around if Buddy's head was in or putting pressure on my pelvis. Physio didn't really do much for me so I've just been putting up with it these last few weeks. Have had a few funny moments when I get stuck on the floor too! lol I quite often sit on the floor at the coffee table with the laptop but to get up have to roll over, crawl to the couch and climb up that way! Unless DH is around and he can help me up. This last week I have been waking up in the same position I fall asleep in (too hard and painful to roll over) and now I feel like I have bruised hips. lol this pregnancy business is hard work!

How exciting - 2 new bubs - Miss C and Jasmine. So lovely
    And tomorrow for Janie! Yay!
    Welcome Grub. Hope you have fun in here.
    KellyD - I know how nervous you are. I was really really worried about my NT scan, which was yesterday. The sonographer we had was so good. She explained that the way they measure the risk is actually really complex. As BG said, age is only one factor. They enter measurements, dates, your genetic history, and all sorts of things to come up with a risk factor. And of course the nuchal measurement itself is a factor. One of our twins has a 1 in 2300 or so risk, and the other a 1 in 700 - both of which are very low risk (thankfully), but isn't it remarkable how different they are. And that's down to a one third of a millimeter difference in the nuchal measurement.
    The other thing to bear in mind is that the risk of miscarriage with an amnio is about 1 in 200 (or 1 in 150 with twins) so unless our risk factor was worse than that we had decided to not do further testing. I think it makes it easier to understand if you convert to percentages too. A 1 in 200 result is only half a percent! really very very low.
    I wish you all the best of luck with your scan. It is best to just know the outcome, and then you can decide what do to. But try not to panic or stress about it - that won't change the outcome and will only upset you.
    FG - I think it's wonderful that you have thought about the meaning behind your chosen name. I love it!
    BG - hope you feel better soon.

AFM, well 12 week scan was yesterday, and it was bloody amazing to see the beans and their very dynamic acrobatics! They were twisting, turning and somersaulting every which way. I'm back at work full time today too - for the first time since 10 Feb, so it's challenging! I've been on the phone all morning, and am already mentally exhausted. I told my boss that I was pregnant, and she was so excited she squealed down the phone, so that was a huge relief. I was worried she wouldn't be happy considering I've had nearly 2 months off work ill.

Everyone else - hi! Hope you're all doing well.

Chat soon

Jenx

Hi girls,

Just popping in to wish Megan good luck for tomorrow. Hope all goes smoothly. Not long now till you meet your little bundle of joy, how EXCITING! Take care.

KellyD - I too am now worried about what the risks of downs. Im even older! I am a little more comforted though after hearing what Brissygirl said. And your so close to 12 weeks, how fantastic

Hayley - Congratulations on your BFP! Thats great news So good to see you in here. Im very new too so will be learning things along the way like yourself. Welcome!

Jen - glad all went well with your scan yesterday. Take care back at work. It must be hard after all that time off.

Murph - good luck with your studying. I definately dont envy you! Hope your well.

Congratulations to TL and Janie on their new beautiful bundles of joy May they bring you lots of happiness. Take care.

to everyone else.

AFM, not much happening. Feels like I am coming down with a cold just in time for Easter :-( No sign of MS (thank goodness!) Feeling tired so looking forward to going home and resting.

Tania

Megan - good luck for tomorrow. Wishing you all the best. Love the way your are keeping it a surprise - and how you are dealing with the 'mothers'!
    FG

thanks girls for the lovely welcome. i already feel part of the group because so many of you were going through ART at the same time as us.

farmgirl - i really love the name Archer. it's very strong without being overly common. I really like names like that. and i think a lot of thought and love and meaning should go into them.

neptune - that is a little strange that we both are due on our sisters' birthdays. i haven't really felt my sis out about it but she's not the selfish type, i think she'd be pretty proud actually.

nixon, kellyd, neptune, nicole s, thanks so much for the welcome.

murph, thanks for the feedback on the numbers, i was unsure but the nurses seem really happy. yeah, i'm keen to get in on thurs to check its all going okay.

hi briggysgirl - i can only empathise with you coping with your partner away. i couldn't imagine anything tougher really. hang in there oxo

megan - good luck. i don't blame you for keeping it quiet. its a very personal thing and you also want the joy of reporting news ie sex/weight etc

jen - wonderful news about your boss being understanding. you are a lucky lady, my boss rocks and i really appreciate him for it. that's most excellent news about your scan. good luck with it all.

missmagpie - i think we are shadowing each other!! you me and murph! lol.

i know i said it before, but it really is just so wonderful to see you all here. Mind you its a little sweeter cos I'm here too , ehehehehe.

xoxo

Evening All,

Megan- I hope you have the most amazing day tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and looking out for your BA. Enjoy every minute of this once in a lifetime day. How amazing that you have one more sleep til your precious little one is in your arms xxxx

Grub- Congrats and welcome to the pg thread. I hope you have a wonderfully healthy pregnancy an look forward to sharing your journey with you.

FG- Congrats on finding out you are having a little boy..I just love the name that you have chosen and love hat it means so much to you and DH.

Janie- Congrats on the arrival of your little princess. I'm sure you are a busy mummy right now but looking forward to seeing some photos and hearing all about your wonderful day.

All my other friends..a big hello and thanks for your thoughts.

AFM- Big scan tomorrow to see how our little ones are going. Am very excited to see them again. I have to find the positives in this situation and the fortnightly 4D scans are definitely a positive. 2 more sleeps and we are 28 weeks YAHOO!!

Hugs to you all
    Bel
    xxx

Hi girls,

Just a quick pop in to wish Megan all the best for tomorrow. Looking forward to reading your BA. So exciting! Best wishes hun!!

BBL for more personals. Welcome Grub! Here's hoping you have a wonderful PG!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast