Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #2 - 2009

Oh wow Bee, congrats on your baby boy
    I love the name Jabob and hope you won't mind but Jacob is the name that I have chosen as well
    Hope you are enjoying lots of cuddles with your little man.

Hi Bee

A huge congratulations to you and DH on the safe arrival of Jacob! Wow, what a nice quick arrival!

Congrats.

Congratulations Bee. Wonderful that your little boy arrived safely.. and even better, quickly! Enjoy your time together.

wow, it's been busy in here for the past few days! just want to say i have so much respect for all you girls in here, whatever stage you're at. You are all strong, beautiful women and you all deserve the best in life. and i love your positivity and the friendship that's show here.

first of all BIG CONGRATS Bee on your little man. what a gorgeous name. I always think jacob sounds like it'd belong to a kind, compassionate person.

and I doubt you'll see this NIXON but just want to ad my best wishes and love to you. I can't wait till we here how it all goes. good luck and enjoy!!

BEL so glad you were able to pop in and say hi. i can hear your smile through your post!

BG and Nicole S - big hugs for you girls. Suppose it's a case of ''ready or not, here i come"! but although i'm not as far along as you both, i completely understand where you are coming from. I'm waiting, waiting for it to sink in and then when i do see a glimmer of reality, it's scary and lacking in confidence. i'm sure we'll figure it all out. and it sounds like, from bee and bel, that those thoughts evaporate pretty quickly after the birth lol. nevertheless, that doesn't help u feeling anxious, suppose all you can do is not stres too much about it.

hi to all the other girls. where are you at? (mentally or physically).

We had our viability scan yesterday and it went fabulous... HB 169bpm and bubs was measuring spot on 7w4d Our due date is Dec 14 (initially we'd been told 13th and the 14th two days later). What a sense of relief when i saw that little heartbeat, even shed a tear.

so we broke our news to our grandparents and a few close friends last night. (DH's grandprents are extremely elderly and frail and we really wanted to tell them asap iykwim). So there was lots of cheer across the phone lines for us last night. that has sort of made it feel more real.

I'm going to stop worrying about losing this pregancy as well. I decided yesterday "it's happening" and will now deal with everything as such. No more "mights'' or "ifs". Had no spotting, lots of symptoms, a strong heartbeat, am 28, very fit, eat very well, don't smoke nor drink and all the same with DH (expect spotting lol). So our risk factors are very very low. And i really have no signs or symptoms i should be worrying about. So the doubt is gone... adious! and i'm going to let mum buy a few things next week. and i'm going to start planning, and i'm going to enjoy it! (okay, i've finished lecturing myself)

anyway sorry for the rant, going to take The Cookie Monster (that's our jack russell) for a walk now (first in ages). our next scan, 10 weeks, is may 20. The time will fly by, i just know it.

Positive happy thoughts for everyone here.

hayley ox

ps oh anyone with ms, try those blackmore ginger tablets. i've been on them since the first since of ms. yesterday thought "oh i don't think these are doing anything, why bother'' WRONG! was very ill and nearly vomitted when dh suggested steak for dinner. lol. so back on the tabs this morning.

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy Jacob! fantastic news Bee

Grub - sounds like a very productive and positive day for you yesterday hun - so glad all went well with your scan and you got to see the strong heartbeat. that was the turning point for us too - no more maybe/might/if - from the moment we saw that little heart pounding away, we just KNEW this was going to work (well, we decided to embrace it that way) and now i'm on the final countdown. we layby'd some stuff the same day - it was our way of welcoming the Gremlin into our lives. so many people had been saying to me to imagine welcoming the baby home, picture the room the way we wanted it etc, imagine the baby as part of our lives - so that's what we did - we layby'd the linen we loved (which i'm soooooooooo thankful for seeing we got the last of pretty much everything and haven't seen the quilt and stuff again!) and i started visualising the end "junk room" as the nursery. it really helped.

great news the ginger tabs are working for you - i found after a few weeks they actually started making me worse - but i think kthat's cos i get bad reflux and the ginger was triggering that. some people find ginger a blessing, others find peppermint things (heartburn tabs, minties) - really depends on you though! i was an odd one and swapped at about 15 weeks (peppermint was making me ill earlier than that lol)

AFM - am officially struggling this week. the pain in my back from this little girl jabbing her knees into my back the way she is laying. she is hurting me sooo badly. it's like i'm being stretched around the level of my lowest rib, which is bad most of the time, but when i hiccup (frequently at the moment the way she's laying!) it hurts like i've got a broken rib at the back! not a pleasant feeling at all!! DH has been fantastic at giving me back rubs and putting heat packs on my back, but the thought of another four (up to SIX) weeks of this is scaring the crap outta me! i think it's making birth worries worse cos i just don't know how much worse it's going to get before i pop, and i really don't want this kind of pain making my birth experience less enjoyable, or having it encourage me towards intervention/drugs that i really don't want at the time (anyone that has broken a rib is sure to understand how much this hurts and how THAT pain may have me looking for meds when labour itself isn't "bad enough" to warrant it kwim?) i talked to DH about it this morning, and he's really supportive of doing whatever is needed. i have OB appt Tuesday arvo so going to talk to Ob at length about this pain - it's just too much. the only real relief i get is laying on the bed on top of the heat pack - which eventually goes cold (how rude!) so it's not long term unless i take hefty meds!

DH is sharing the nesting urge with me, which is nice - he's been fantastic with making sure things are getting done! love him to bits! he's heading off early tomorrow for QLD (again) and will be back Thursday - it's not ideal, but the money is really helpful at the moment. it also means he'll be home for five days next weekend, which is fantastic. he's been talking to Gremlin (at 3am this morning when neither of us could sleep) about not being a norty girl and arriving when he's away! so cute!! he snuggled me this morning and let me vent about being scared of him not being home, or him getting home WHILE i'm in labour and me being deeply focussed and not wanting him there at that point - i kinda feel like i need him to be there for the whole thing - but it's something we'll deal with if and when it arises...

ahhhhhhh must away - he's sitting here looking at me saying "what do you want for brekki?" so i think i need to focus on what he's offering me! lol

Congratulations Bee83 on your little early little ANZAC surprise! You didn't toy with calling him Digger or Anzac did you? Jacob is lovely.

This is just my little message to the new mums-to-be and all the doubts about how you will be as mums. It sounded profound when I was thinking about it last night but it won't translate the same. Basically you have already been mums through your whole IVF journey and being responsible and loving mums keeping your babies safe, nurturing them and wanting them so desperately. Just because they are out of the womb, doesn't change the care you have given them to this point and it won't change when they are in your arms and you smell their smell and you fall in love. Remind me of this when it's my turn okay?

Possums, you often check in on all of us and we all think of you too. You are a mummy in the making and it is a matter of time for you. You are fantastic and as much an inspiration as Bel. we all wish you the best of luck.xo

Hey I bumped into my neighbour and told her about my successful IVF today and as you all thought, it was much better than a note and we talked for ages. She got goosebumps. I really wish her well and hopefully our news inspires her that our clinic has success stories.

Grub, you little Champ, you are back on track with those positive thoughts. I thought you had lost a bit of confidence and I look to you for your confidence. Go for it. I have been taking all kinds of chances, I'm even wearing my first preggie top. Of course I don't fill it but it's kinda fun. so happy you are in a better place with everything.

BG, arghghh...I can't imagine your discomfort. So glad you have your adorable DH helping you out. sounds like you are both getting very excited and you sound very close, which is lovely. My fella has just gone to Sydney for a ten day love-in (lol), some kind of PhD program thing and he really didn't want to go except for the fact that he can tell all his other uni mates about our pregnancy. He has a very rough relationship with his mother (the only family he has to tell). He is the only child and she is a mother who should never have been allowed to have children, neglected the one she had and had a string of abusive step-fathers...nice!!!! She hasn't expressed the slightest bit of interest in our baby. I have enough love for him for ten mothers because of this cold woman and my mum and family absolutely adore him. His work and uni mates are his family so telling them will be just fantastic for him. sorry, i do bang on about myself! You can't tell I live in the bush with no friends, ha ha!!

Oh, oops, more about me...I had my nuchal scan on Thursday and it all looks pretty good. we discussed what we would do if we had high probability for Down syndrome and I couldn't honestly say that when faced withthe decision I would see it as a reason to terminate or anything so I kind of wondered why I bothered with the scan. Of course it was fantastic and just overwhelming to see little hands and feet and all those features.

thanks for letting me have a really long chat...sorry

Murph - i'm a country bumpkin too, so i get the waffle factor (and i'm sure you've all noticed it already! lol) - it's nice to have people that get it when no one (or very minimal people IRL) gets it!

i'm a bit like you in that i have so much love for my DH - he has lost both of his parents, and the only sibling he was close to passed away 10 days after we got engaged - his other two siblings are - well, i'm too polite to include my opinion of them here! - and he wants nothing to do with them at all. he was the youngest so has nieces and nephews that are only about 10 years younger than him and have kids of their own, but they all treat him like crap. essentially he was "uncle bank" to them - the one they ran to when they needed money - when his brother passed and we were together, they tried to get money out of him from the estate (not that there was much money once his sisters were paid out - long story but bro passed without a will) and when they got nothing, they've all turned against him. apparently i'm nothing but a gold digger (interesting considering we didn't KNOW his bro was going to die, and when DH and i got together he was unemployed!) and they all hate me so have turned against DH. he doesn't care (thankfully) and he will tell them to their faces when they cause dramas - his bro died June 2005 and we STILL cop flack and they say some pretty horrific stuff about me. anyway, i guess the point i was getting at is that DH effectively has no family - he has some awesome friends that are more family than family could ever be - but i understand that desire to shelter him from everything. my parents love him (though he can't stand them after some stuff they said and did to me when we first got together) - it's one of those things where they know he treats me like a princess so they respect that - but it's a one way street. my bro is one of DH's besties though! DH says he doesn't need blood family except the one we're making - he just needs to be surrounded by people that care for him (us) because they want to, not because blood makes them obliged to!

it's funny too that you mentioned the "being a mummy" through all of this journey - i was talking to DH about it this morning. i told him i couldn't wait to be a mummy but was petrified at the same time - then i corrected myself and told him we are already parents - we have been, in one way or another, since 2005 when we conceived and lost our first little angel. In our hearts we've been parents that whole time - but it's only been this time around that we've referred to ourselves as mummy and daddy, and as much as i will be an "earth mummy" in the next few weeks (eek!) i've been a mummy in my heart for a long time. i think it's more the fear of not being enough when the baby arrives - as it stands now, if i haven't eaten enough, baby makes me feel ill - if she's unhappy (or very happy) she kicks me so i know. i KNOW what is happening with her cos she's a part of me. when she's out in the "real world" i'll have to learn a whole new set of rules - and remember that the rules will change every day. i think that's the scary bit - the unknown!

Good morning lovely ladies.... wondering if i can join!

I have been lurking for the past 2 and half weeks but felt like i was going to jynx myself if i joined . My DH and i are expecting our first (and second will explain) babies! We have been trying for 2+ years and have been on the IVF and AC path. We had our first IVF cycle in March - antagonist cycle - transferred x1 blastocyst - which must have split because at our viability scan yesterday we found out we are actually pregnant with IDENTICAL TWINS!!!!!. Just like all of you this was a very long and trying 2 or so years and we are naturally very scared and apprehensive about the pregnancy - but seeing those two HB and reading Grub post today about being positive i thought what the heck lets jump on board... so here i am - 7w 1d pregnant with beautiful twins!

I will give some personnals ago since i feel like i have been here a while...

Bel - Congrats on your beautiful bubs - i have had goosebumps reading about your journey. xx

Bee - gongrats on your baby boy. xx

Grub - you won't have to be last on the list anymore! You are very inspiring with your positivity - i'm going to steal some if you don't mind!

BG - God i have also been following your journey - you are a very strong woman and i know you will get through this - if the best painrelief is lying on the bed then do it - pitty they haven't invented never cooling heat packs!

Murph - congrats on your NS - sounds great can't wait til i can see our little beans in more detail!

Nixon - best of luck for today!

can i blame baby brain already..... A very big and warm hello to everyone else

Well i look forward to continuing on this journey with you all - any advice on twins will be very welcome!!! I have been reading some stuff on the internet but all it seems to be doing is making me scared - all the bad things twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome, premature babies, you should stop work at 24weeks (well the last on would be nice!) anyway look forward to learning more from you all and supporting anyway i can.

xxBella
    Can't get ticker to work?

Hi again BG,
    wow that is just so bizarre that people can say and do such selfish and spiteful things. My Mum's partner of nine years just passed away right before I had my last FET and the poor bugger hadn't got around to changing his will since 10 years ago. It's not that you expect her to have got money out of his will but he would have been devastated to see that she isn't taken care of by him. He had planned to do it in a fortnight but died suddenly after they had just moved to Melb to start their new life. they were there 1 week and hadn't finished unpacking.

My point is that although my mum would be entitled to fight for money and take court actions, she won't do anything to upset his kids or make waves. She just feels responsibility for his kids and wouldn't do anything to hurt them. People might think she is silly for not contesting, but she is the person she is because she is bloody strong. she never took Dad to court for divorce and didn't dig her heels in over anything in the settlement but at the end of the day she has a good relationship and they didn't fight it out in court. some things are just more important than money. I'm so sad to hear that your DH has such cr*ap family relations. My DH joined the army as soon as he was old enough and moved as far from home (Adelaide) as he could go. The army was the first real family he'd had. Sad but at least he had that.

Your fella is young to have gone through losing both parents and on top of that his brother. that's so tough, but he's so lucky to have you.

anyway, I'd better get back to the pregnancy topic or we'll get booted off the link. I'll P.M you if I get the urge to rant some more, (that's a threat!)

I can't wait to hear about Nixon.....talk later.

Hi Bella
    Sorry i posted at the same time and missed your post. what a surprise discovery, identical twins! Congrats and great to have you on board. Grub will be thrilled to have you below her on the list (but just quietly, you will probably go a bit earlier with twinnies, but we won't tell her that!

When you work your due dates, we'll add you to the list. good luck and enjoy your lovely first trimester.

Hi Everyone

Haven't been here for a while and it goes crazy:

Bel, Bee and Nixon: Congrats to you all on now being the long awaited for mummy's that you have always wanted to be.

BG & Nic: Not long to go for you girls now either. Your little miracles will be here before you know it.

Bella: Welcome to our group. Wow identical twins, how awesome for you.

Miss M, Two Mums & Grub: Yay on the fantastic news about your scans. It is such a relief to know that everything is going as it should be. I always countdown to my OB appt''s just so I can see the h/b.

If I've missed anyone a BIG hello...

AFM: Been really busy & tired this week. I think I felt the baby move during the week.. Got up for my regular loo trip during the night and when I went back to bed couldn't sleep (usual for me) and as I was laying quietly I felt a strange sensation across my lower tummy. Like I was getting tickled but very lightly, and it flutter from one side to the other and back again a couple of times. I also suffered a bad night of stretching pains on Thursday night. I think bubble has undergone a growth spurt as I can feel my uterus higher in my belly now and I can now sort of notice a little bump. It is not obvious to anyone else, but I can see it. Oh, I've also lost more weight, another 1/2 kilo. I am eating not as much as early pregnancy, but am eating food containing more calories (ie: pancakes, pasta) so i'm thinking this little one might be a piggy sucking up all the calories I'm consuming. As my OB said, so long as the baby is putting on weight (and I'm no stick figure) there is nothing to worry about... Next OB appt 21/5 and booking for hospital and next scan. We will know in 4-5 weeks if we are having a boy or a girl....

Hope you all have a good weekend

Hi Everyone!!

Bel - Congrats on the arrival of your little ones, can't wait to see them!!

Bee - So happy for you on the safe arrival of your little one, and so quick! Can't wait for the full birth story!

Nixon - I hope everything went beautifully yesterday and can't wait to hear all about it!

BG - I hope that your visit to the doc found you some relief. Maybe soon your baby will drop and get out of your ribs!!

Jen - I'm glad you are feeling much better, I am sure kim is praying for that day also, she gets sick every afternoon, not vomiting, but close to it.

Neptune - It would be hard not to lay on the bed motionless for hours waiting for a prod or two huh! I can just see me and kim doing just that in a few more weeks!

Nic - Not long now sweetie!! You must be getting so excited! I had the same problem with Megan, we've picked Noah for our boys name...but i guess we dont know each other IRL so it doesn't matter so much...

Bella - Identical twins!! You only read about it and it happens right here on our thread, congrats to you and hubby!

Murphy - Congrats on the wonderful scan results. You must be relieved! We are counting down to our NT scan on the 1st of June. Kim is like you, she wouldn't know what she would do with the results anyhow, but said it would be nice to know everything is ok or not.. we are going in for another peek at 10 weeks so another week or so to go for the preview!!

Grub - I read your post and I totally agree. What BG was describing about positive thinking sounds just like 'the secret'. You get what you think about. Dont think about what you dont want and you wont get that either. In laymen's terms, assume you are going to have a healthy baby, make plans for it to come and it will come!

Big Hi to Mels, Smithy, Possums, Kahlan and anyone i missed!!!!!!!

Well Kim is getting sick and tired most afternoons and her boobs still hurt, mostly the nipples, so i am taking that all as a good sign. She is over the going to the loo all the time (4 times through the night especially)... But everything is still the same, still good. We go for another peek at 9 weeks 6 days (12th May) Cannot wait to see the baby then, it will have grown heaps!!

Take care everyone!

barney Guest

TWOMUMS..thinking of you both i hope you have a wonderful scan in a few days and i hope kim feels better very soon .
    take care both of you xxoo

Woah - busy in here!!!! fantastic.
    I'm a bit tired today because, for almost the first time in about 4 months, I stayed up past about 9.30pm, so I'm in a bit of a muddle. My little baby twin sisters turn 30 today and we had their party last night. I can't believe how grown up they are! But I am feeling fab at the moment. I'm happy and excited and positive and just really looking forward to this whole adventure.

Bee - congratulations on the birth of Jacob. How wonderful! I hope you're enjoying every minute
    Grub - glad you're managing your morning sickness. I used those ginger tabs too, and they really worked for me, along with those pressure bands that you put on your wrists. And eating every hour or so!
    BG - hope you feel better soon. Not long to go now! You're going to be a gorgeous mummy.
    Murph - glad your scan went well. I felt the same about the 12 week scan - I really don't think it would have made a difference to me, but it was worth to see my little beans kicking around up there. I'm taking every opportunity I get
    Bella - welcome. Identical twins - wow! That's so special. Enjoy the ride. I hope you're feeling ok. I'm having twins too, and I have been so ill, but thankfully it all seems to have passed now give or take the odd headache.
    KellyD - hope your aches and pains subside. we're on the countdown to our next scan too, to find out if we're boys, girls or a combination.
    2mums - glad everything is going well. enjoy the next scan!

Hi to neptune, kaydee, possums, mels, smithy, kahlan (arrgh!!) and anyone else I've missed. I can't keep track!!

Hope you're all doing well, and enjoying the weekend. We have a public holiday here on Monday, so it's an extra long one for us. I'm a milliner so am going to spend the next couple of days making some lovely headpieces for some beautiful brides! - can't wait!

And Nic - I"m sure we all can't wait to hear from you. I hope yesterday went well welcoming your little darling into the world

Hi Two Mums, Smithy, KellyD and JenC,
    sorry, I seem to have been monopolising the thread lately. I'm always online working on assignments it seems so I allow myself the guilty pleasures (i.e distraction).

JenC, were your twin beans the result of two embies being transferred or did they split naturally like your sisters? Or if that happened would it have been identical like Bella? Just interested when you said you already had twins in the family. It sounds like you have thought of a nice way to spend your weekend. I am of course working on an essay...grmmpph!

KellyD, I seem to mirror your stages, only 3 weeks later than you so it's scary to think that soon I could be feeling movement too. How exciting for you though. I think the M/S has left for now and the crazy eating obsessions. I'm feeling light and rejuvenated..yay, so it must be about time for a kick in the tummy!

Can I ask for a bit of advice on choosing a pram? My sister is handing down most things but I think I might choose a pram that is specific to our requirements. I'm out there researching (between my research on the American prison system of course ) and I only have a few basic requirements. I want good height handles, not sure whether I prefer 3 wheel fitness over regular, but thinking of tall hubby and me with back that can't stoop over low prams. I also want baby facing me while little so I can watch from my side. I have been looking at the Love n Care X-trail and reading mixed reviews. Any thoughts of yours are welcome.

Hello all, hope you are enjoying your weekend.xo

hi everyone and congrats on your pregnancies!

i just wanted to say hello to Murph01!
    i am glad to see everything is going so well for you. i bought my pram at a place called Baby's Galore in Brisbane. they have a huge range that you can view online as well.
    GL with the the rest of you H & H pregnancy!

afm, i have had my 6th iui and am coming into the last bit of the dreaded TWW!
    see ya!

Murph - i'd go into a store and scope the prams out - they really are a personal choice. i have the steelcraft/safe n sound travel system - you can have the capsule, bassinette or the actual pram seat attachement in it, can have it facing you (capsule has to face you, i think you have choice with bassinette and seat). i did a lot of research, and it was the capsule that did it for me - most trips i do will be at least 20-30k's and i like the idea of not disturbing Gremlin if she is sleeping peacefully when i get to where i'm going...

Hi Murph

We bought the Childcare Blaze 3 wheeler. What i really liked about is was that it has good height handles (my DH is tall) and even though it is a 3 wheeler stroller it has a bassinet option which we got as I also wanted to have the baby facing me when it is little.

I think there are quite a few 3 wheelers out there with the bassinet option, so check some of those out. I really wanted a 4 wheeler but looking at all the ones available I wasn't overly happy with the flimsy seat for a tiny baby (unless I wanted to spend lots of money - ie: Emmalunga at a minimum of $1500). Having the bassinet means that for the first few months I know that the baby will have a comfortable place to lay and as it is a 3 wheeler it will be great for walking, especially where we live as we don't have footpaths or a lot of level ground.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast