Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #2 - 2009

Bel- just thought I'd say congrats in here too!! so thrilled for you

Nixon- i think your feelings are TOTALLY normal. When I was pregnant (even though I didnt get past the early stage) I had moments where I felt so anxious about whether we would be good parents, how life would be when the baby was born, the changes etc. And I really really wanted to have the baby. It's natural I think. I think sometimes when we've had a hard journey to get pregnant, we almost expect ourselves to be thrilled about it all the time. The things is we are thrilled, but other emotions also come to play, which are totally normal. You will be a great mum! you will do your best and it will be right. Noone is an expert after all.

all the best to the rest of you!

BG- not long now!!

Nic for you. I have had moments like that too, and it is very normal. It's like anything huge - you are excited, but at the same time that status quo is going to change for ever and you need to savor this moment too. I also worry about whether I will be good enough, and whether the baby will pick up on my nerves and get upset because they realise I am hopeless!!!!! Silly but true. Not long for you now, all the best.

Bel - CONGRATS!!!!!! Wonderful news, definitely a tear in my eye!

Hi to all!

AFM: Feeling well, anxious to feel movement but I know it may not be for awhile yet.
    Getting more excited as time moves on.

Nic, I will be thinking of you tomorrow. As everyone has already said, I think what you are feeling is completely normal. It's been a long journey and can be a bit hard to believe what is about to happen. Life will never be the same again, but in a good way and your baby will be lucky to have you as a mum.

Nic - good luck for tomorrow. You'll be amazing.
    mels xx

barney Guest

good luk nic for tomorrow hunny .

Hey lovelies,
    Bel, OMG what amazing news....sooooo thrilled for you. I got goosebumps all over! anything to avoid hospital food hey. I look forward to catching up with your story.

21, I'm so happy for you too. I am so glad you took everyones advice the way it was intended as I was worried I'd been too harsh and might have upset you. I wasn't thinking of you yesterday, I thought your scan was today. Congrats hon!

Nixon, I feel so connected to you and your journey somehow (maybe you have that effect on everyone) but I am sitting here bawling for you. Now what's that all about??? You will be amazing and like everyone has said, what you are feeling is perfectly normal. I had my scan yesterday and felt like I should have been excited doing little happy dances, but just wasn't. I'm happy on the indside, while DH has just ramped up into stoked mode!!! It's the self-preservation for us girls.

Maybe you could do some meditation, slow deep breathing and settling your mind tonight (if you can). I'm really feeling for you and wish you nothing but the best for tomorrow. thanks for all your advice and I'll catch you on the other side of motherhood. tomorrow morning and you'll wonder why you ever worried.xo

To everyone else, congrats on your milestones!

Good luck for tomorrow Nic!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!! xx

Thanks again girls. It's so nice to have women I can talk to and get such understanding and positive reinforcements from. None of my RL friends get it.

I had my final OB appointment at 7.45 this morning - just to make sure baby was still breech (has been for the last 11 weeks - I didn't expect anything to be any different) but I think I finally own the fact that we are going down the caesarean route. I just wish I hadn't mentioned the possibility to any of my RL friends - now all I'm getting are questions about when, how, what time etc. :-) aaaarrrgghhh. I am hearby relinqueshing all control over this baby and the birth....take it away mother nature....I quit!! It would be funny if in one final twist in the plot that I go into labour today. I always thought it would be today *sigh*.

I've been sitting here trying to put together a caesarean birth plan (there is more to it than I thought there would be). My Ob actually told me this morning that he has spoken with all the relevant people at the hospital and if everything goes ok he said is pretty sure I will be able to have DH and baby with me in recovery. No promises, but he is confident. I was really surprised - grateful, but surpised that he'd actually followed through with what he had said a few weeks ago when I had my breakdown.

I still don't think I'll be as good a mum and my DH will be a dad, but I hope that with time that feeling will pass and I'm sure that once I have got past the point of exhaustion I just won't care anymore anyway :-)

Thanks again to every single one of you for your kind words. You don't know how valueable your support has been to me over the last 11 months or so from the LTTTC to the PALTTTC threads plus all the others.

Speak soon.
    M-wha
    X

Nic - i think all of us have our doubts about how good a parent we'll be - esp after LTTTC and all the dramas that go with it. you spend so much time worrying about getting and staying pg, that the idea of having that baby in your arms and needing to take responsibility in the real world - well, it's freaking me out and i'm still a little ways off yet!

i'm so glad your ob is taking things seriously with following up about having baby and DH with you in recovery. i sat down to look at birth preferences the other day and said to DH "what do i do??" - my ideal would be to have DH and baby with me the whole time - but i understand being a smaller public hospital with a fantastic rep (read that as VERY popular!) i may not be able to. so preference one is baby with me in recover. preference two is baby with daddy and me back to my room asap and have breast crawl/skin to skin then. i have listed no formula unless expressly consented by BOTH parents as i want to BF and i know DH wants me to as well - but he will be very antsy without me there if baby is upset at all. DH knows that if he lets anyone near Gremlin before i'm back in the room, she will be his only kidlet (to me or anyone else!) cos i'll castrate him with my bare hands!!! my mum had a c/s under general with me, and dad let my nana hold me before mum had even seen me - i'm soooo not letting that happen!

just wanting to wish you all the best for tomorrow - try to rest up overnight (which i know is unlikely!) and make sure you make the most of every moment left of you being pregnant, and the steps into motherhood - it might not be the way you dreamed of it happening, but tomorrow you'll be a mummy in every way - not just in your belly and your heart - and you need to focus on the positives of that... make sure DH (or someone you trust) is ready with the camera too - you only get those moments once with each child and i'm sure you don't want to miss them.... i've organised someone else for photos - i think DH will be too overwhelmed....

ummmm, after you, am in next on the list?? GULP!!

Hi All,

Just a quick one from me to let you all know everything is fantastic with Sebastian and Isabella. They are perfect little babies despite arriving nine and a half weeks early.

Thankyou to each and every one of you for all your support through this amazing journey. Will keep you updated on how things are going.

My main reason for stopping by today is to wish NIC all the very best of luck tomorrow. You will just have the most amazing day of your life getting to meet your little one. I don't have words to describe my emotions and my experience. You and DH will be amazing parents..you have been blessed with this gift. Enjoy every second of tomorrow Nic...will be thinking of you.

Hugs All

Bel, DH, Sebastian and Isabella
    xxxxxx

Nic, I just wanted to say that in the final weeks leading up to Noah's birth I was really anxious about how I would feel as a parent - would I be happy, would I be able to cope, would I feel that connection with him etc. It was something that played on my mind a lot and I didn't even talk to DH about it. I was so relieved and surprised by how I felt afterwards and how I have coped the last 3 weeks. That bond is definitely there, he recognises me and knows my voice and the whole experience has just been amazing. Just go with it and let things happen, and you may be surprised just how quickly you feel like a mum who is so connected to this new little person. It is an amazing experience. Good luck, and I can't wait to read your BA.

Nic, I just want to wish you all the best of luck tomorrow and it must be such an exciting feeling the eve before bubs is born...and what a surprise it will be when you can finally meet your little one and be blessed with either a blue or pink bundle.
    Thinking of you and know that this time tomorrow you will be having the best cuddles ever!!

BG, hun I'll second that gulp as I'm not far behind you!!

Just a quick note from me.

Good luck Nic. I am sure you and DH will be the best of parents.. remember children aren't born with discrimination... bub will love you regardless... and you on the other hand, has abundant love to give which will make bub's love more complete... thinking of you tomorrow.

BG - your turn next.. any day now.

Bel - Congrats... I am so happy for you and hope you get to enjoy your little ones at home in the comfort of your family and friends.... and eating when you want and what you want.

Hi to everyone else.

Just popping in to wish Nic all the best of luck for tomorrow Hope all goes smoothly and not long now until you meet your beautiful bundle of joy!!! Im sure you'll be a TERRIFIC mother so dont stress. I think we all have doubts at some point.

Hello to everyone else and hope you have a good weekend.

Take care,

Tania

OMG Nixon - you were the first IVF BFP I saw on bellybelly when I joined right before my first IVF cycle. I'm crying right. Best of luck to you.

Nixon, best wishes for tomorrow. Thinking of you!

Bel, huge congrats on the arrival of Isabella and Sebastian. A huge achievement to get your twins over the 30 week mark after the scare you had early on. Well done!

Default Baby Arrivals

Hi Ladies

I hope Nic gets this on time but its unlikely anyway I hope you have a wonderful day on Saturday and look forward to hearing of your little ones safe arrival in here.

Bel- I left a message in my birth announcement to say what an amazing mummy you are and a big welcome to Isabella and Sebastian..tiny but perfect! While I've never met you i have to say i have been following your journey and am so relived they are well.

As for us unless you read the birth announcement thread our little boy is here!!

:itsaboy: Jacob Rowan :itsaboy:
    25th April, 2009 10:35am
    2820g or 6pd 3oz

It was all a bit unexpected woke at dawn and heard the planes fly over for anzac day service as my waters broke, went to the hospital and they said "Your going to meet this one today", 3 hours later he was in my arms.

Well i will keep an eye in here to see what happens with everyones pregnancy and offer any advice i may have im a medical sonographer if you have any questions for me a nd a special messagefor you possums (fingers crossed for you!)

Love Bee her besotted DH and Baby Jacob

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast