Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC #2 - 2009

Hey Everyone

Well just got back from our scan and we are AOK!! The baby is measuring right on track and the baby looks chubby and healthy and happy!! Well i imagine it that way LOL!!Heartrate is great and we are thrilled.

Our FS even said that we can come back in 2.5 weeks and have a little ante-natal visit with him because our first OB appt isn't for a month and he said "thats a long time between viewings"... have to take a pee sample with us and we have the blood pressure etc taken and a quick scan..so we set that for the 12th May!!

Thank you for your reassurance girls and thanks smithy for your prayers!!

thats wonderful 2mums!! bet u r releived. we only have 4 sleeps t`il ours.

just a quick 1, am giving a sooky jack russell belly rubs while typing with 1 hand. very bad headache so home from work 4 a sleep and will work from home this arvo. feel cranky & teary at same time.

hope the time flies bel!!

hi 2 bg, possums, smithy and alll the girls.

oxox

Good afternoon girls,

Hope you all had a good weekend

BG - sorry to hear about your financial woes. Glad they have finally been sorted out. It must be a HUGE relief. Hope your feeling more comfortable today. Take care.

Twomums - glad your scan went well. I think for peace of mind, you'd rather have too many scans than not enough. Im anxious to have mine done today to see the heartbeat again.

Grub - sorry to hear you have a bad headache. I get them most days. They arent very pleasant. As for eating, it seems Im always hungry too!!!! I find I feel sick if I dont eat regularly. Ive now bought some vitawheat biscuits to work so I have something to nibble on in the afternoon as its too long in between meals.

Bel - that regimented hospital food time is ALL too familiar! I had 2 operations and 3 hospital stays in total last year and the eating times really got to me, especially the early morning one when I wanted to sleep more!!!! It must be so restricting for you to be confined to your room only. Take care and am thinking of you

KellyD - WOW, what a bargain on the pram! I cant wait to go shopping Im lucky too that my DP's sister has got alot of big things to give us which is good. Im sure our parents will chip in on some of the other things.

Possums - good luck this cycle and am we see you in here soon

Hi to Nixon, Murph and everyone else.

AFM, went to the Maternity Open Day yesterday and I was very impressed with South Eastern. They had an OB give a talk on all the facilities they have, then one of the staff showed us around the ward. Saw the birthing suite, nursery and rooms. We have decided to have our baby there so thats one less thing to worry about. Have my first OB appointment at 4.30pm today. Looking forward to seeing (and hopefully hearing!) the babies heartbeat. I vomited this morning for the first time. I have been close before but it hasnt happened. Hopefully that will be the first and LAST time it happens!!!!

Take care all,

Tania

Just popping in to wish NicoleS all the best on your countdown now. Hope you had a great baby shower yesterday

Congrats girls on all the mini milestones. I love watching everyones weeks flying by. My own go so slowly, I wake up every day and go through the pretence of counting how many weeks and days, when I actually know every second of the day where I am! You might know the feeling.

Great news on your scan Megan, I had the exact same thing as Briggsy'sgirl, went for my first scan and got back dated from 6 and bit weeks to 5 and a bit. I also had the scare like yours where we lost our 2nd emby and had to have the scan before it was actually due. I'm glad you got the peace of mind and you saw the little one sucking its thumb, kicking back...(well so you imagined). Happy to hear your good news. BTW I absolutely love your positivity and going out and buying all those baby things for what eventuates.

Miss Magpie...arghh, you threw up, not cool! I'm like BG and have super huge phobia of throwing up. I worked out very quickly where to draw the line with alcohol for that reason and can count on one hand how many times I've thrown up so I really sympathise. Hope there is no more of that for you. try the granny smiths.

I have been sick (like dehydration but I'm absolutely pouring the water into myself and eating raw vegies to try and hold it but am so stuck up, no bowel movement no matter how much water or vegie soup, so I keep feeling on the verge of vomiting cos I can't get relief (sorry for TMI). anyone else get this?

Bel honey, your situation just gets more frustrating. I thought there was hope with sneaking into the staff kitchen but you are in jail. Can you order in food? (not the same as having it on hand, and in the scheme of things I'm sure it's not a big deal to you. Hey my sis was in traction with her leg pinned and a big water bag weight swinging off it when she broke her femur. there was certainly no leaving the bed even for several months so you're one up on her! thinking of you and I'll try not to talk about food.xo

To everyone else, welcome to a new week

Hi girls,

Just a quick one from me. Had my first OB appointment last night. It took me AGES to get there from work and the weather was pretty bad too. Waited for over 1/2 hr and then I felt like it was very rushed. Anyway got to see Baby Pie which now looks like a baby :-) He mostly spent the bulk of the time asking me about my op last year and because I had a fybroid removed, I may not be able to have the baby naturally.

After leaving his offices, I rang South Eastern Hospital today to see if there are any OB's closer to the hospital and there was one and he also consults in the city (which is where I work) so Ive decided to go with him. Its more convenient especially since I have to go every 4 weeks. Dont want to interupt work too much. I feel guilty as I took 3 mths sick leave last year plus time off for IVF so want to try and do the right thing by my boss. This OB happened to be the one who did the talk at the open day at South Eastern on Sunday and I was very impressed with him. I called my gyno and he also recommended him too so I feel better about the decision.

Hope everyone is well.

Have a good night,

Tania

MissMapie - I was waiting for you to post about your OB appointment. That is excellent news about BabyPie!! Oh I cant wait until our scan in a week and a half to see Pipette now!! And good on you for changing OB's. You should be comfortable. Sounds like he is busy anyhow...

hey good one about being so proactive and sure in your decisions tania. i'm glad you have chosen to go to someone else when you weren't 100% happy with your first ob. i think that takes a lot of strength. also big congrtas on seeing bubs!!! that must have been so exciting.

murph, prunes are your friends. i had my first bout of constipation yesterday! ouchy!!! it was very painful, i've never wanted to fart so much in my life rofl (or number 2). but had a few prunes when i got home and was much better this morning. i do feel like the block of cement from yesterday had gonesky. I liken my current state (dehydraion, tired etc) to feeling like i'm hung over. it's bloody awful.

Nicole S how did your weekend go???? hope it was well.

HI BEL! How are you trundling this week??? how far along now? I really feel for you regarding the food, sounds like you need someone to do mercy dashes for you. i wouldn't be able to survive with such long stretches between meals and I would complain. lol.

it's been a pretty quiet start to the week in here! how is everyone else going????

I continue to feel rather crappy in the arvos and have continued my snacking regime which i find helpful. had a huge day at work yesterday and as a result had a 6.30pm bedtime and woke up at 6.45am! that's 12 hours! am looking for an early mark from work today and will just rest up. I find if i do one activity per day, that's quite enough to exhaust me! lol. We are going to Sydney for a few days from next Thurs to visit my parents (flying down), so am looking forward to that.

have our scan on Friday... yaya that's only 2 sleeps. have my GP appointmetn for referral to ob tomorrow. finally feels like something is happening. But question.... my mum wants to go baby shopping in sydney, i'll only be about 8.5/9 weeks and i'm just unsure whether to let all that excitement in. Would you relent and do it? I was thinking of agreeing but on the condition it's one trip and it's not over the top. This is probably the only time i'll see my mum before the birth and with no friends or family here, I kinda think its the only chance i'll get to sort of revell in the pregnancy with my mum. but she does have a tendency to get a little carried away. lol. (and i understand why, first grandchild for both sides). so just unsure.

oxoxox

Grub - Bel had he babies by c-section on Monday (i think!) - there is a notice in birth announcements. both are doing very well from what i have read so far!

with the shopping thing - base it on how confident you are feeling. DH and i went shopping first time the day we had our scan and seen the heartbeat first time - we just decided Gremlin was ok, it was going to come home - and we'd seen and fallen in love with nursery manchester so it got layby'd that afternoon! we didn't collect it until after the 12 week scan when we could confirm it was all ok, but it was a lovely gesture and that one layby was my confidence that all was going to work out (and so far, it has!)

AFM - had GP appt yesterday. BP was up 150/100 when i got there - which is unusual for me - it's usually borderline. so we had the rest of the appt and it was down to 130/90 when it was all over, so no idea what happened that first time! when i was providing pee sample, i noticed a LOT of mucus in the cup so i'm not sure if i passed part of my plug yesterday... just keeping an eye on things now. sample showed trace protein and red blood cells, large white cell count, so i'm on antibiotics just in case it's a UTI. have to see Ob next week, but at this stage baby is head down, bum up, 4/5 engaged.... so i guess my fears of a breech bubba are gone and now i have to focus on birthing this little girl!! having said all that, this morning her kicks felt sooooo like hiccups - but at the top of my tum again - i freaked out thinking she'd flipped overnight, but doppler showed her heartbeat still very low - so obviously my little girl has a sense of humour and was just trying to bug mummy!

barney Guest

BELS BA

found this girls ...

OMG -Bel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! I literally have tears running down my face. I'm so happy for you.
    xxxx

OMG, congrats Bel on your two bundles of joy
    Thanks Smithy for posting the link!!

Paula, thanks for your wishes and we had a great time at my Baby Shower

Only a quick post as SIL is dropping past.
    The Baby Shower was fantastic on the weekend and June Bug got very spoilt.
    It is actually very strange going to your own baby shower and sort of caught me by surprise!!
    I am 99% done with June Bug shopping only need to pick up a lamp and wall hangings and will start washing everything next week.
    Had the car seat installed today which was also very exciting but what is better than that is that I am 35 weeks today and only 35 days to go

Will catch up with you all latter in the week and I everyone is growing well

hi beautiful ladies!

thankyou for all the concerns and advice regarding my stress, im not so stressed anymore, we got to hear the heartbeat today, daddy's first time, was nice and strong i have put on 6 kilos but doc says mostly fluid, BP still up 150/78, have scan booked for May 18 and will be finding out the sex! been getting big kicks the last few days and i love it! i just hope bubs is healthy but all i can do is wait and see now, but so far so good, i feel like ive come such a long way but only just reached the halfway mark! will feel much better once we reach 24 weeks.

to all the mummies to be i hope you are all travelling well

also if you are reading BEL congrats on the little pink and blue bundles!!! i cant wait to read your birth story!

Good morning everyone.

Just stopping in to say congrats to Bel and to say that i'm thinking of you all.

I'm having nightmares about going into labour early now that the C-section is only 2 sleeps away. I can't believe how early I'm going to have to be up on Saturday for a 7am operation (mind you, I doubt I'm going to sleep much on Friday night anyway).

Do you think it's normal to be kind of blocking it out at the moment? Everyone keeps asking "are you excited?" and I keep thinking maybe I should be more excited than I am. I had to force myself to go an sit in the baby's room yesterday. I think I might be in denial. It's not like I don't want the baby to be born, it's just really weird. My life is about to change forever and I'm scared that I won't be good enough for this child. I'm sure things will be different once the baby is born. Maybe I am still just waiting for something to go wrong.

Anyway - sorry about the selfish post. Hope you all have a great day.

Nic, BIG
    I think if anything the nerves are just setting in for you and am sure the way you are feeling is perfectly normal.
    It is going to be a huge change for all of us once bubs is born it's not like you can put them back or anything so life will change and it will for the better.
    After so long wanting a baby and finally you are only a couple of sleeps away it would feel very confronting.
    Just remember you have a loving and supportive husband and you yourself have lots of love to give to baby and the rest will just flow.
    Thinking of you and know that it will all work itself out

Nic, we are holding your hand. Best of luck for Saturday. It has been a long ride but you are almost there. It is ok to feel however you feel - no one has walked in your shoes but you.
    xx

Nic - I think what you're feeling is absolutely normal. I was talking to my cousin yesterday, and she only a week or so away from giving birth as well - and she is exactly the same. All the planning and preparing - mentally, physically, the house, car, etc - and now she feels kind of numb. She explained that while she's done all this preparing, she actually has very little idea of precisely what she's in for, and exactly how she's going to cope. So I think it's like a defensive mechanism! You will be absolutely fine, and a gorgeous beautiful mum. I'll be thinking of you on Saturday, and can't wait to hear your story.

21 -welcome back! Glad you're ok, and super glad your DH heard the heartbeat - such a precious moment.

Twomums - good news on your scan - yay!

Nicole - glad you had a lovely baby shower. It must feel nice to be nearly all organised and ready to go!

BG - hope everything is ok and that you're feeling well. Any news???

Grub - I totally understand your nervousness about heading off shopping. I didn't want anything baby-related near me until I had my 12 week scan. I just didn't want to 'jinx' myself. But, I was happy for my mum, and MIL to go to town as long as they kept it all at their place I did relent though and buy the most precious tiny set of newborn mittens. They were the only thing I had for ages and ages. I've started buying a few more things now though. You just need to go with your instinct. It's perfectly ok to do whatever feels right for you.

MissMagpie - glad your saw your Baby Pie - congrats!!!

Murph - hi! hope you're feeling better. I have been constipated too. so foul. this pregnancy thing is NOT glamourous is it!!

Hi KellyD, hi Possums, and hi everyone else. Hope you're all going well.

AFM, I have a yucky cold, but aside from that I'm actually feeling so much better. No more nausea, vomiting or headaches - thank goodness! I've been a demon at work too, churning through so much stuff. I just seem to have a new amount of energy, which is lovely after being so ill for so long.

Jenxx

Thanks girls. I can always count on you to make me feel better.

X

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast