Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC Chatter #2

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Damn Sal,

I thought I was short! I'm 5ft 4inches and I started showing with Ariani at 12 weeks! I had a friend who was 6ft and was a month ahead of me in her pg and I looked ahead of her right throughout!

Though I'm now a plump little chicken (not a skinny thing like when I was 20 and pg to Ariani) so I reckon if I feel pg now, I wouldn't show for ages!

love
    sushee

I'm 5'2". Short and dumpy!! LOL Especially now. No wonder my body is packing it in with all the extra weight I'm lugging around!

And we didn't DTD very much 2 or 3 times the whole pg 0 more to do with m/s, tiredness, no opportunity etc etc... Sounds like excuses now though... :-s

Hayseed

Hi Girls

Just dropping in to say congratulations to Gabby. I was just browsing and read that you'd found out that Munchy is a boy. Great news!!

I'm 5 ft 8 in. Everyone thought I'd be 6 ft when I was growing up because throughout childhood, I was a head and a half above everyone else. Used to get called "Big Bird" actually. I'd stopped growing by secondary school though and started expanding outwards instead.

Hayseed ... great belly shots. Getting close now!

Hay love the phots of the belly.

Well I am 5ft 6in and already showing a pot. Normally quite skinny but struggling to hide myself ATM from work (don't want them to know yet)

Talking about DTD, I must be strange, cause DH and I, I think, have already 7 times. Should I have checked with the OB????

Gab, sounds as though you are sailing along great.

Sal Guest

Tam, lucky you to not be nervous and DTD as and when you want. I don't think you need to ask a doc, I think the only guideline is not to DTD if it is painful, or if you have any spotting/bleeding. So you're fine (and have a lucky DH who is getting some unlike the rest of ours )

Hehehe Tam I bet when you do start telling people you're pg they'll all respond 'oh, I already figured that'!!

Sal, I was nervous at first, but the book I have goes into a lot of info about DTD while pg, as in which positions are best to avoid any potention bleeding etc, and after I read that, I thought, may as well give it a go.

About the reponse when I do tell, I bet you are right!!

My turn

Forum Name: Cailin
    State: Vic
    Due: 4/3/06 (roughly)
    Hospital: Frances Perry
    Ultrasound Dates: Don't know yet
    Gender of Baby: Don't Know yet
    Baby Name(s) Chosen: Averlie Anais/Rouge (undecided on middle) Seth Luc Paul
    Baby's Website: Not yet
    Time TTC: 24 mths with 3 mths off
    Number of previous pgs: 4 1 mc when young, Paris, 2 m/c's between Oct 04, Feb 05.
    Any assistance: Yes, Clomid Metformin & Astrix
    Fertility Issues: PCOS

Thanks

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

TamB,

My XH and I DTD right through all of my pgs with my three kids, including the day before I had a show at 40 weeks! (trust me, it was more for his sake then mine!)

As long as it's not painful and you're comfortable, there's no reason why you shouldn't. Having said that, if I ever fell pg, DH wouldn't get near me (but that's just me being a nervous cow) With him living through 12 months of IVF, where he's been far more familiar with a plastic cup then me, I suspect he'll sail through anyway!

Lol!

love
    sushee

*Sticking my head in here to add some details*

Name: Jo
    State: Vic
    Due: 24th Feb, so my book reckons!
    Hospital: Dunno?
    U/s dates: In about 6 weeks time.
    Baby names: Will be a surprise
    Baby's website: Not yet
    Time TTC: 10 months
    Number of previous pgs: 3, 1-Jack and 2-biochemical
    Any assistance: ICSI IVF
    Fertility issues: DH has abnormal sperm

Cannot BELIEVE that I am in here!!!

Jo

Welcome JO. Out of interest how many embies did you transfer???

Sal Guest

Woohoo Cailin and Jo! We are getting some serious numbers in here...I'm sure Amy will be joining us officially tomorrow...I wonder who's next

Tam - We transferred two embies.

This thread is a nice little hidey hole until I can get a bit of confidence!
    Hoping that Amy will be joining us tomorrow!

Jo

Just wondering Jo, as your HCG levels resemble very much like mine. At my BT which was 16 days after transfer were 2300. It could be twins.......

hmmm funny you should say that. One of my girlfriends has also broached the subject.......I'm not thinking of anything until the u/s LOL.
    Atm I am still a little disbelieving that it was actually a positive and are still leaving the house with "protection" just-in-case! LOL!

Well I am so very happy for you Jo and can't wait for that U/S.

Sal Guest

Gosh, imagine if there's Tam, Tiff and Jo all expecting two...there must be something in the air!

Jo, when are getting yourself a ticker - you're not going to wait until the u/s are you?!

belmarks Guest

WOW CAILIN! I am soooo happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast