Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ April - June 07

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I was really sad to be leaving so many lovely women behind... but it's nice to catch up with so many familiar faces, too.

Sammi, I can't believe how far along you are now! It's flying past!

I'm still struggling to get my head around it - but we're already booked in for our first scan on the 2nd of July with the FS. I have my next rheumatologist appointment on the 3rd... he starts every appointment with "so, are you pregnant yet?" It will be so great to be able to say YES! this time!

Ltl Panda, I'm dizzy, light headed and constantly HUNGRY! If I don't keep eating the nausea sets in pretty badly... I think I'm going to end up as big as a house at this rate!

BW

BW I know what you mean about the constant eating. I found I had to eat every 2 to 3 hours otherwise the m/s kicked in big time. It did ease around 9 weeks for me and the tiredness is still here but not as bad. Try to take things easy and just go with what your body is telling you.
    By the way, you need to get yourself a new ticker hun.

I'll fix the whole sig tomorrow - The last few days have been absolutely flat out and I've just been out to dinner... it's coming!

I just got the most exciting news!!! For the last few years every time there's been someone pregnant at church, there's always been another one or two that follow along very soon after. I've watched so many girls move from their first to their second... and getting closer and closer to the conclusion that when it was my turn I'd be going it alone... But I've got a buddy!!! One of the girls (also has PCOS and took nearly 2 years to get her first) had a surprise and is 15 weeks pregnant with number 2! I'm so excited to have a buddy at church now! I haven't stopped smiling all day. I'm told I'm grinning so much everyone can figure it out just from looking at me!

BW

BW - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    I am so excited you have joined us (I felt sad about leaving our previous thread too), you know I am 17wks & sometimes it still doesn't feel real.
    I was eating every half an hour up untill about 12/13 wks (kinda hard when you're at work) so it should ease eventually because you really do get sick of eating.

Monnie - so glad for you that you can now have a good relationship with your brother.

Mako - I haven't felt bub move yet but I think they are still pretty small & that you probably don't feel every move yet even though they are moving around.

Sam - yeah that your m/s has gone & I'm sure you will pop anyday & trust me it's pretty hard finding nice maternity clothing anyway.

Well after not sleeping well last night I went & had a talk to my grandparents who do know about it & I do feel a lot better.
    I just told them about my fears (being pushed aside because she is not married) & that even though I am married I still need my family as much as she does. etc.

My nan is such an understanding person who never judges so I was able to say I was angry & that I think this was no accident & at least they know how I'm feeling.
    I have waited too long for this baby to let anyone ruin it & I am just going to sit on it for awhile before I talk to my cousin.

I also know why I am so angry & it's just mainly because it isn't an accident (I hate people lying & being fake) & I feel for this precious baby & what life it is going to have.

Thanks for all your advice.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -

Hey BW

I know what you mean about feeling sad leaving the LTTTC thread...

I felt the same...felt so bad for those that were still there...almost like I was betraying them in a way...

But what is so exciting is when you see people move from LTTTC to PALTTC...it's so wonderful...I just love it!

I know what you mean about the eating too...I ate so much in the initial stages...always felt so hungry and it helped with the m/s too...I'm finding now that my appetite has really settled down and I'm actually not eating that much any more...still eating...just not huge amounts...

Jo...sounds like you are doing really well...there's nothing like a wonderful Nanna, hey? They are so special and wise!

Sammi...so good to hear from you...glad you are doing well..

To everyone else...take care...have a great weekend!

This thread is really blooming now...so so exciting...I LOVE IT!!!

Hey BW thats great news about your friend at church. What a lovely suprise for her. I have to say your ticker looks fantastic. Its soooooo appropriate and soooooo cute.

Thanks, mako. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!

I can't wait until I get a little further along and the caterpillar stops having an eye patch!

BW

Talking After three and half years, I am finally here!

Hello guys,

I hope you don't mind me joining in this thread following Ltl Panda and BW's steps (3rd, 4th and 5th of June must be the good transfer dates, we are back to back and all got pregnant )...as after three and half loong years' TTC, we finally got our very 1st BFP trhough the first FET cycle. The level of HCG seems quite healthy 436 which I just found out this monring. It all felt so surreal and hasn't sink in yet...

Have been lurking around this thread dreaming one day I will be joining in and good to see some familiar faces too, Monnie, Mako , I think we share a bit of journey in Clomid thread...nice to see that you are growing nice bellies, loving it!

Pardon my complete ignorance on this, but am I suppose to start finding an Ob now, or I am getting ahead of myself? As FS & nurse both said after 7 weeks' scan, it will be under the care of Ob...can you shed some light on this please? What else I need to do at this stage?

thanks guys!

BeiBei, I've been wondering about the whole "what next?" thing, too.

I'm booked for a scan on the 2nd of July, and the clinic will tell me then what the next step is. I spoke to a friend last night who had used the same clinic as me - by the time the clinic told her she should find an ob (about 12/13 weeks) she was already too late to get in with a lot of them. So I'm taking her advice and starting the ob search on Monday... The clinic will take care of me up until the 12/13 week mark at which point an ob would be prepared to start dealing with things - it's just a matter of getting in with someone who isn't fully booked.

I'm basically tossing up between two at the moment... the one said friend used (and my friend from Newcastle who is an ob trained under this guy), and another that has been highly recommended, but is apparently notoriously difficult to get in to. I might see if I can make an appointment with both, and then decide and cancel with one later on.

I'm just stunned with three of us on consecutive days all having FET success! simply amazing!

BW

Hey Bei Bei

What fantastic news!!! So so thrilled for you!!!

I was just thinking of you the other day, too!

This thread is certainly turning into a very happy place!!!

What a perfect place to have a reunion!!!

Regarding getting an Ob., I was fortunate in that my FS became my Ob...so I didn't have to worry about it too much. I still had to get a GP referral though...and go through the process of 'admission' as an obstetric patient...

But from what I understand, you are best to get in with an Ob. as soon as possible...I pretty much booked in with my Ob. within days of getting my BFP. I've had 4 weekly appointments since I was 6 weeks pregnant....

I had also heard, that if you waited too long, you could miss out...so I would advise you to start checking it out...

Just so thrilled for you guys...

Wishing you the very best with your pregnancy journeys...it's SO MUCH MORE FUN than the LTTTC journey!!!
    Last edited by monnie; June 16th, 2007 at 05:45 PM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

My FS was also an ob, but remember you will need to have an ob already if you want to have an NT scan at 12 weeks, so I'd be looking now, too.

Howdy girls and welcome BW, lilpanda and Bei Bei!!!!!!
    Freaky how you girls are only a few days apart. Good though for comparing notes.
    Hi to everyone, hope you feel better soon Monnie, bummer that work is getting stretched out longer now...
    Had my first real GP appt thursday. Waited over 1 1/2 hours to get in and what a let down. I know this Dr and he is really good but I was a bit dissapointed. I just had a blood pressure test (125/80) and a chat about 12 wk scan and that was it because they already had all the info from Repromed including bloods etc. I was expecting a pap, weighing , measuring or something else but nope. $51 dollars thank you very much!! We dont have to worry about an ob in the country cause our GP just does it all (only some do deliveries though). and at our local hospital it really makes no difference if you are private or public either. Much simplified.
    We werent going to bother with the NF scan because we have no intention of termination but Dr said it might be still a good idea cause then we could be forewarned just in case. So we are going to have it done now plus it is just an excuse to have another look at him/her. He/she wasnt much to look at at the 6wk5day scan!\
    Feeling pretty good now, the eating is slowing down now but I can sure sympathise with you new girls about the dizziness and eating thing!!! Just sooooooo tired now. I think it is just my body getting in practice for how tired I will be with a new baby!!! The thing with work is getting a bit better now that it is public knowledge. I am thinking I will drop one shift a week when we get back from holidays in august... maybe. (I do 5days, 33hours atm.)
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend and feeling good! Oh I am changing my dates back to the first date now according to GP computer which was the same as mine ... 2 days ahead of the clinics date for some reason, but I like it better two days further along lol lol
    Sazz

WOW Beibei Fantastic news on your bfp hun. I was asking about you a little while ago and never got a reply, Oh well I now know where you are and what your up to lol.

This thread is getting better and better all of the time. The more the merrier I say.

To all you new girls, Get on the phone ASAP and get yourselves an OB NOW. I know of so many people who miss out on their choice as they are already booked out and I'd hate fore that to happen to any of you. My ob is also my fs so the day I got my bfp I rang and made an appointment although it wasn't untill I was 10 weeks pregnant.

Sazz Try not to worry about what didn't happen at your appointment hun. I had no idea what to expect at my 1st appointment. The ob only took my bp and asked how I was feeling and did a quick scan to check bubs heartbeat. $160 later.
    When do you have your nt scan? I assume it would be very soon?

Not too much to report here. I'm trying not to worry about lack of movement as I have really bad indigestion ALL the time and I have my next ob appointment on Wednesday. I know its still early to be feeling bub move lots however I did think when you've felt it once, you'd start to feel it all the time, but thats obviously not the case.

Hi to everyone and big belly rubs to all. I hope you are all having a good weekend.
    I just wish this heavy rain would stop as we copped enough last week here. Oh well as long as we don't get the 100km winds that are forecast for later tonight all will be ok.

Morning girls

This is so great, so many wonderful ladies to talk to and get advise that are pretty much on the same boat as me.....FANTASTIC

BeiBei, congratulations hun. My nurse advised me to call my FS and make an appointment to see him after my U/S, he take things from then on, he is also an OB.
    Are you booked for an U/S?
    I am still trying to shake of the chest infection that I managed to get while on the crinion gel, Friday night was the last one, so I am hoping it will go away soon. Started coughing throughout the night, so I am guessing itís a sign that I am getting rid of it.
    Not sure if anyone else experienced this, but this morning I coughed and my uterus felt like it was going to rip or something. Not sure if its because of the stretching, or maybe lake of extra progesterone that I was getting from the gel. Ill find out on Wed if I need progesterone support.
    BW I am so glad you did not have to take the gel, Beibei, did you?
    If anyone can shed some light on progesterone issues, it would be much appreciated. I just basically would like to know symptoms, diagnosis, and causes etc.

Thanks girls, hope the weekend was good.

Ltl Panda, I only ever had one dose of crinone - the night before my transfer. I decided that was enough, and the OHSS and no transfer on the fresh cycle was actually a pretty good thing! I'd hate to imagine just how full of gritty stuff I'd have felt after 15 days of it... But it also means I've still got a box of crinone in the fridge and I've got no idea what to do with it! Have the stretchy, crampy feeling here... no coughing or sneezing so I haven't experienced the ripping feeling, but I think I can imagine it.

mako, I really hope you guys up in Newcastle don't get as thoroughly pounded as last weekend! I have lots of family and friends up there, and grew up there myself - it's really upset me to see the ship on the beach! It's not just another news story when it's a place you're familiar with.

BW

Good morning girls, thanks for the warm welcome, like you said Monnie, what a great place to have a re-union!!!

I will definately make an appointment on Monday about my u/s and my FS's secretary will give me some names of Ob they can refer (as I know none) and like you suggested get in early. And what else do you need to consider when you choose an OB apart from the reputation? ie. location of the hospital you prefer to have your birth? Bear with me girls, completely new in this and don't plan to tell my girlfriends until 12wks, so kind of tricky to ask them the question...

Ltl Panda, I am still on my prog. pessary ATM and was instructed to do so until 7 week scan...how lucky you and BW are off Crinone gel...sorry can't help you with the Uterus-rip feeling you are getting but hope your chest infection will be gone soon...

How are you feeling BW? Hope you are coping with your strong symptoms...

Mako, waiting for baby's movement, how exciting! They say 2nd trimester is a happy trimester, so enjoy every minute of it!

Monnie, I can't believe that you are 31 weeks already, amazing! A big belly rub! I bet you can't wait for your maternity leave to start and get everything ready for ziggy!

Sazz, hope the NT scan goes well!

Hey guys

This is a buzzing little place, hey? Very cool!

Sazz...the 12 week scan is great...it's so amazing seeing how much the baby has grown from 6 week to 12 weeks...I loved my 12 week scan...all the best with your work arrangements...

BeiBei...I think going with the reputation of the Ob. is the main criteria...try doing a search through the posts on Bellybelly for people's opinions on different Obs. in Sydney...you could also perhaps find out a bit about the Ob's birthing preferences are. We are fortunate that the hospital we are going to is only about 10 minutes away...which is nice! So I guess location is a good thing too...

Sorry can't help out with progesterone issues, Ltl Panda...wishing you all the best!

Mako...I found with the baby moving that initially I might only feel it every couple of days (if that!)...it was when I got to about 22 weeks that I started to feel it more on a daily basis...

We've spent the day moving all the junk out of out sleepout to get ready for the upcoming renovations! Not the smartest planning to have renovations starting just before the baby is due, hey? We'll probably need to go and live with my parents for awhile after the baby is born...which will be good...they are great people...but not quite what I imagined!

Oh well!

Hope everyone is doing well...

Me again...just thought I'd keep you up to date with my latest Ob. crisis...ahhhhh!!!

I have just received a letter from my Ob. stating that he is changing practice locations (and consequently hospital locations) effective TODAY!!!

Can you believe that? No warning whatsoever!!!

The hospital he is relocating to is about 30 minutes away from the original hospital he's been at...

We're in the process of completing our antenatal classes at the original hospital and have already had our pre-admission interview...and now, if we want to stay with this Ob., we need to change hospitals...

Talk about rocking the trust in Dr-patient relationship....

THANKFULLY...as you know, I was already having some 'friction' with him regarding birthing choices and had made an appointment to see another Ob. (at our current hospital) for a 2nd opinion...that appointment is tomorrow...and I've just rang them and they have said there is a possibility he could take me on as a patient...which is so fantastic!!!

I just can't believe you can give so little notice about something that means such a big deal to people...as much as a relationship with your Ob. is important, so is the relationship with the hospital (including the midwives)...and at 32 weeks pregnant, I'm not so sure whether I want to go through establishing a new relationship with a hospital!

So...that's my gripe!!!

Just in disbelief...so thankful that we have options though...as I'm sure alot of his patients wouldn't...it's so difficult getting into an Ob., even in 1st trimester, let alone 3rd trimester!!!

Who knows though...maybe this is a blessing in disguise...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast