Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ April - June 07

Oh Monnie that seems so rude hun. I would have thought you'd be given more notice regarding change of hospitals etc from your ob. Obviously they don't see that as being important. I want to wish you all the best for your appointment tomorrow and maybe this new ob will be able to offer you more choices regarding the birth of ziggy.

Hi to everyone else. I hope you're all doing well.

Nothing to report here. I'm looking forward to my ob appointment on Wednesday to make sure all is ok with bub. Still no more movements but trying to stay positve as I have very bad indigestion and very sore bbs.

Hey Mako

Thanks for your support...I'm hoping that tomorrow's appointment will go well...who knows...maybe this will end up being the best thing!

Wishing you all the very best with your appointment on Wednesday. I know that the waiting must be really hard...

I remember the sonographer saying to me (after my 12 week scan), to not get too worried (easily said that done, I know!), if I don't feel the baby moving too much...especially as I have an anterior placenta...He reminded me to remember my 12 week scan, especially how much the baby was moving, and yet I couldn't feel a thing at that time!

I know that I didn't get regular movements until 21 weeks (or around then)...prior to that, I would only feel movements every few days...and initially only about 1-2 times/week...

Anyway...I'm sure you'll be fine...you are in my thoughts and prayers, chickie!

Hi Monie

I honestly thought that part of the service provided they have to be with you throughout the remainder of the pregnancy, and it is his responsibility to make other arrangements for you. I think it was rude, did you give him your 2 cents worth, I would have. Let us know how you went today....

Mako, all the best for tomorrow, reassurance is bliss.

As for me, feeling pretty good, I have my 5 week blood test so hopefully my progesterone levels are high and will not need to go on the crinion gel for extra support.

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi everyone,

Monnie, so sorry to hear about your Ob. what a bummer!! But, as you say, it might end up being the best thing to happen! Good luck tomorrow with the new Ob, I hope he's great!

Regarding getting an Ob., I was fortunate in that my FS became my Ob so I didn't have to worry about it. I still had to get a GP referral though and go through the process of 'admission' as an obstetric patient... I would book as soon as possible though, you can miss out if you're not quick enough!

Ltl Panda, I know exactly how you feel with the pains from coughing - I remember just after finding out I was pregnant, still on the crinone I think, I was lying in bed and I sneezed and I sat up in bed and yes, it felt like my insides had ripped, it was horrible. I mentioned it to my FS and he said it was because my follicles were still swollen etc., and not to worry. I remember being pretty freaked out though! It will pass though. Your follicles stay enlarged till about 12 weeks I think??

I've got an Ob appointment today which I'm really looking forward to. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again, just to make sure he/she's still ok! I'm still hardly showing and now that I have no M/S I hardly feel pregnant, apart from being tired. I'm sure it's all ok, but it will be reassuring to hear it. I can't wait to feel the baby inside me, from what some of you are saying I might still have a bit of a wait... maybe 20 weeks?? It's so hard to know what you're feeling - sometimes I think I feel something, but then I think it's just a hunger pain or something?? Anyway, it's all very exciting!!

Hugs to all. Hope everyone has a great day!

Sam

Hey Sam

Wishing you all the very best with your appointment today...and hearing that precious little heartbeat...wonderful!

Regarding movements, I think it does depend a little about where your placenta is...mine was anterior, so it took a little longer for me to feel the baby as the placenta was cushioning the kicks...initially I just felt these 'butterfly' sensations...then it felt like these squirmy feelings and finally I started to feel tiny little kicks...

I just love the kicks...they are so cool!!!

Anyway...wishing you the best today...

Ltl Panda...yeah...the option is that I can still go with my original Ob. if I like, it just means that it will be in a new hospital, which is about 30 minutes drive from where I live. No huge deal...except I really like the little hospital that we are currently at...we'll see...I'm hoping that today might actually be a huge relief to what has happened in the previous few weeks...I've heard lovely things about this new Ob. so fingers crossed.

All the best with your blood test results!

Hi guys

Hope you dont mind me dropping in?!

Feels pretty weird to be posting in here with you.... and cant believe I have made it to 12 and a half weeks already!

Im sure it will take me a while to get comfortable in here - so bear with me!

I have my NT scan in 2 days which will be nice so I get another chance to see my little ones (still weird to be having two!)...

Hey Keen

I was SO hoping you would drop in...and join us...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

I loved my nuchal scan...saw so much...it was like a real BABY!!! And you'll see TWO of them!

So thrilled for you, chickie!

...and hey, I think your avatar is missing something!!!!!

Monnie Thanks for your very kind words hun. I'm sure everything will work out nicely for you. All the best for your appointment and I'll pop back in tonight to see whats happening.

Keen I'm so excited for you hun. Wow you're 12 weeks already and with 2 precious bubs. Well done to you sweet. All the best for your NT scan. It sure is exciting to see how much your bubs have grown. Like Monnie said " more baby like"lol. My bub was very stubborn at this scan so I hope yours are much better behaved lol.

Ltlpanda Good luck with your b/t today hun. I'm sure everything will be great.

Sammi How exciting to get to hear your bubs heartbeat today. I love that part and my ob does a quick scan too so I get to see what my bub is up to.

Well I'm feeling so much happier today. When I went to bed late last night I was lying there and guess what? I FELT MY BABY MOVE AGAIN. I was soooo excited that I was still awake at 2am and had to get up at 6am so as you can guess I'm very tired today but oh so relieved to know that all is ok with bub.

I hope everyone is ok and all is well in preg land. I'll pop back in tonight to see how your appointments were.

Mako - I am so happy for you hun, like I said reassurance is bliss.... You must be in heaven right now.

Sammi Jane - thanks for the reassurance, it helps to know that what I am feeling is normal... I so did not know that the follicles were still enlarged. No wonder i look preggie already. I usually have such a flat belly..

Keen, I so did not realise its already 12 weeks for you, been reading on your posts here and there but so did not realise at what stage you were at...... gees time flies.

That's great news Mako...so thrilled for you...

I'll let you know how we go tonight...probably won't be til tomorrow as straight after our appointment we have our antenatal class...

Take care all!

Hi Monnie, heard your little drama about your OB, hopefully you have sorted it out already!!

Mako, how exciting to feel the baby move first time, no wonder you can't sleep! I am so thrilled for you!

Sam, hope the scan went well and you enjoyed the 'music to your ears' - your precious baby's heart beat

Welcome Keen, I can't believe you are already 12 weeks. I remember you so well when I first joined BB and I am so thrilled for you that you can finally fill in your nursery with not only one but two bubs (two am I correct?)

Panda, how are you going? 5 weeks, who is counting! I have to admit time is just going so slow for me...I have been having lots of lower back pains, is that normal? I feel incrediably tired in the afternoon, today is not a bad day actually! But other than that, no other profound sysmtomps...

BeiBei, it's been so good to hear you say that you still feel pretty normal!! I've just spent the last two days feeling completely normal and freaking out! Started thinking this whole pregnancy thing was just a joke someone was playing on me... Today, the fatigue has set in... big time!

Monnie, I really hope the OBs drama you're having turns out ok... Crazily enough, I'm booked with two right now. The first is highly recommended, but won't be here for the delivery, so I've booked an appointment with the Ob that will be standing in then. Figure I may as well stick with one doctor the whole way through. Still haven't completely decided - there's another one I'm considering and I still haven't found out who works at the hospital that's closest to me...

Keen, there's nobody who I'd be more honoured to share this journey with. Very happy to have you on board!

BW

BW Well done for booking your obs. I'm sure you'll figure which one you'll be more comfortable with when you see them. Most obs up here work along side others as they do share weekends eg mine works every 3rd so she shares with 2 others. 1 of these is the dr who has been doing my major scans and I'd be happy for her to deliver my baby. I've only heared great reports about the other 1 too so I'm more than happy atm.

Beibei this was the 2nd time I've felt bub move. I was starting to worry as it had been almost 3 weeks since the 1st movement but thats apparently quite common from what I've learnt on this site.

Monnie How did everything go hun?

I'll pop in tomorrow after I've seen my ob.

Morning girls

monnie hun how did your appointment go???? hope you are happy and positive with them.

Well I had my blood test this morning so ill find out how the little one is going. I have slight nausea and still very sore bobbies. Every second day I have AF type feelings in the belly but that is about it. I am a little more tired than usual, but I have also stopped drinking coffee and switched to decaf.
    Have you girls hit the books hard, I have 4 pregnancy books at home, one I purchased and 3 were given to me by my sister in law. I cannot stop looking up things on the internet, I just want to know every little thing that the little one is doing.
    If you google visembryo and go to home page it actually gives you a daily picture and details of what the bub is doing on that day of the cycle, found it very interesting.

ill talk to you girls later, should start doing some work.
    Last edited by sushee; June 20th, 2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: removing link

Hi Panda, hope the b/t result show bub is doing well...

Hit the books big time, bought "what to expect when you are expecting" and I have been reading it '1 month' chapter over and over again to analyse every single symptom I have or have not...I will have a look of the website later on, sounds interesting...

I am feeling completely normal today, which worries me...backpain usually kick in in the afternoon and occassional a few cramps for 5 seconds late night and its gone completely...very very tired and feel bloated...

Monnie WHERE ARE YOU?????? Sorry I'm sure you're ok but I'm a little worried about you hun. Did you appointment go ok yesterday??

Beibei and LtlPanda I was give a couple of books and also bought what to expect when your expecting combined with what to eat when your expecting however I have stopped reading them as I found I was worrying over things that I really shouldn't have been. I'm sure all your feelings are great signs of your bub getting comfy in your belly. Panda all the best for your b/t results today.

BW How are you and your bub doing?

Jo and Sammi Hi to you both.

Well I've been to see my ob this morning and all is going great.
    I took my MIL along and she was soooo excited to see bub on the scan she had tears rolling down her face. She is such a sweet thing.
    Anyway ob said all is well and heartbeat was nice and strong. Bub has grown sooooo much. It actually looked like there wasn't alot of room in there however I'm sure there is lol. Ob said that I'd have to have another big scan done later in pregnancy to check the placenta as I'm prone to blood clots and am taking medication to help prevent them. She also told me that she'll do a quick scan each time I see her aswell so I'm quite happy with that. I go back to her next month.
    I'm due to have my 19 week scan on Monday which I'm looking forward to. Dh and I still haven't decided if we'll find out if bub is a B or a G. I told dh he better start thinking about it as the decision is his lol.

Hi to anyone I may have missed. I hope you are all doing well.

Me and the caterpillar are doing ok... nearly had my first up-chuck this morning! And I never thought that would be something I'd get excited about! The gingernuts are getting a good work out today - will have to buy more this afternoon.

I've got the book thing happening too - made the mistake of looking at the end bits of some of them... scary! I think I need a bit more time to adjust to being pregnant before I start thinking about labour and birth!

Sneaking on at work, best get back to it!

BW

Hey guys

Sorry not get to back earlier...had a great sleep in...as I'm FEELING SO RELIEVED!!!

The appointment went fantastically...I didn't even care that he was nearly 2 hours late (poor guy...we left at 7:45pm and he still had 2 more patients in the waiting room).

Anyway...he's wonderful! Very considered, reassuring and calm...and HE'S AGREED TO TAKE US ON!!!!

So so thrilled!

I'm not sure what happens regarding c-section and vaginal birth, but to be honest, I'm not so concerned about that now...feel like we are with an Ob. who will be measured in his decision, and do the right thing (whatever that is). He explained a little more about the surgery that I had in 2002...which is now very much out-of-favour due to the concerning outcomes! So...I'm feeling very blessed to be where I am now...however the baby comes out!

Just so thrilled...thanks so much for your support guys...means so much!

And regarding reading the books...yep...I did that too! Had to keep disciplining myself not to read to much in advance as I just wanted to know more and more!

So glad your appointment went well Mako...so wonderful! Can't wait to hear about your scan on Monday...

We had a scan last night...our baby's nose is SO BIG!!! But everything is looking great and our Ob. was very happy with how healthy the baby is looking...

Thanks again guys....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast