Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ April - June 07

That's so great news Monnie, I think its just meant to be...things happen for a reason...when does your maternity leave starts? Start the count down yet? I am so envy you. i am trying to find excuse to be off work since i have been so tired lately...

BW, I made the same mistake to flick to the end bits of the book...it is quite scary, but I think at least I have 9 months to get over it...the book is just as heavy as a brick, I can't read it when I am lying down which is bit annoying...

Anyway, I decided to book in two OBs just to compare, one is deliverying in Mater and the other is in NSP. So I can at least have a look of the hospital as well and also compare their schedule fees...Never expect there are so much work to do after your pregnant, I guess its only just a start....

Now, a scary thought, what about day-care? As my friend said you need to put your name as soon as you get pregnant, the waiting list is as long as two years....OMG...

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi everyone,

My Ob appointment went well yesterday, we heard the heartbeat again. The appointments are so quick... I guess it's still early days! We've booked our 19 week scan for July 9 - only 3 weeks away!!! I can't wait!

Monnie, so glad to hear it all went well, that's great news! I'm sure you're very relieved. Now you can get excited about it all over again!

BeiBei & Ltl Panda, I also bought the combo what to expect when you're expecting etc. and I found it a bit hard going and a bit American. I also bought Up the Duff which I highly recommend. It's lighthearted, with some valuable information - not too much to take in. I really like it. I try to only get one week ahead of myself... they go so slowly as it is!

Mako, so happy for you that you felt the baby again - I know you were a little worried about it. How exciting!!!! Hopefully it won't be long between feelings! I'm so jealous that you get a scan every ob appointment - I want one too!! How cool!! So you're not sure if you'll find out the sex? It's hard isn't it? It would be so good to know, but then the surprise at the end will be so exciting too.... We're not going to find out. Good luck deciding though.

Hi BW, I hope the M/S doesn't get too bad for you.. it's horrible! I was so excited to be pregnant, and then felt sooo terrible it was hard to stay excited... it will pass though, you just have to get through it as best you can. I just ate all the time, I loved VitaWeets with butter & Vegemite - not sure where that came from, but it made me feel better for all of 5 minutes.... I hope the ginger is helping you.

BeiBei, I'm having my baby at NSP. Where in Sydney are you? I'm in Drummoyne but I work across the road from the hospital.

I hope I haven't missed anyone. Hugs to all.

Sam

mako - that is great news, glad it all went well
    BW- I too am getting pretty nauseous but not to through up yet, just like I have eaten something off and its just sitting there. I also made the mistake on reading on so things that can go wrong with pregnancy and baby development. It was a bad ides...It just worries me.
    monnie i am glad your meeting went well and he is what you expected. I am also happy you scan went well too but I doubt the baby has a big nose it just looks like it????

I so did not know that there was a waiting list for day care, is that everywhere? Is it a day care chain like ABC or just your local centre.

Sammi Jane fantastic news on the scan, really happy for you. Do they recommend you do a scan at 19 weeks or is that for your peace of mind?

Well, gona swtich of PC and head home. have a good night girls.

My BT came back really good @ 5 weeks my HCG lvl are at 7000 and progesterone at 50.
    Last week HcG was 149, so pleased with the results, hopefully it will continue. Feeling yuck in the gut today, actually everyday now.

Hi everyone, I am so glad you are all sounding happy and safe!

Very pleased to hear that the ob crisis is turning out well Monnie, I bet you feel great now that weight is lifted off you. Dont worry about the nose! I bet it was just closer to the camera than other bits!
    I know what you mean about vegemite on crackers. I lived on that for a few weeks. I think it is the vit B thing and also the salt ( I was dehydrated from the OHSS).

I gotta admit I am a little jealous of all you girls in the cities who go to obs and have scans all the time!!!!! Lucky things. Here we just use one of the GPs who does obs at the local hospital so all our appts are with him/or her and then the midwife too. We have to travel 90km to get our scan done! I know they do ultrasound here cause I had one done when in hospital for OHSS but it must depend on what type of scan needs doing? not sure. Anyhow, not really jealous as I know I am soooo lucky to live 3mins away from the hospital and the GP that I love and everyone reccomends. Also, even though I am public and he may not be on call when labour happens he will probably still be the one there on the day. And much cheaper going to the GP than an ob too.

Got my maternity bras in the post yesterday. Very comfy but not very glamorous... oh well, practicality and comfort first. I was sooooo needing them as I have burst out of my old ones! My body is doing a good job on that front. Also laying down a protective layer on my belly pretty well too! Not a firm baby bump yet but deffinately preggie looking!

Hope everyones bloods and scans etc all go well this week. Yay there is so much happening in here! big hugs and belly rubs to all.
    Sazz

Monnie I'm so pleased that your new ob has agreed to take you guys on. You must be so happy hun to know that you'll be having ziggy at the hospital you're comfortable with.

Sorry no time for personals atm but just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I spoke to the lady at the hospital regarding antenatal classes and we are booked in for September. It seems so far away atm but I'm sure we'll be starting them before we know it lol.

I hope you are all well and big belly rubs to everyone.

Hi Sammi, I am Gladesville, just one burb up from yours...very lucky for you to work just across the road fron NSH..I work in Pyrmont so it will be a bit of hassel for me to see Ob in future I gather...ah well, work will just have to understand that I suddenly have a lot of long lunches then... NSP have some early pregnancy classes, did you get to go to those?

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi Beibei,

We've got friends who live in Gladesville. I was always an Eastern suburbs girl but I love the inner West now, it's so central to everything. Yes, I know it's great working across the road from the hospital - very handy for scans. My Ob is down the road in his own rooms, but still very close to work, so it's worked out really well.

I'm sure work will understand - there's not much you can do about it and really, the Ob appointments are only 15 mins so you won't be gone too long.

No, I didn't go to the early pregnancy classes. Are you going? I'm booked in for antenatel though - 20 September. Seems so far away, and then you realise it's almost July!?!?!?

Ltl Panda, the 19 week scan is to check for any abnormalities. I think it's a standard scan. Great news on your BT - I hope you don't feel too bad with the M/S...

Sazzafrazz, don't worry I'm in the city and I don't get a scan every appointment. I'll have to ask about that I think! I know he's got the equipment there so I guess he can do it. It's just whether he'll charge me extra for it?? He's already charging a fortune!

Mako - we'll be doing antenatel classes at the same time - mine start 20 Sept, when do your start? It will be here before we know it !

Hi to everyone else. Yay it's Friday!!!!!

Sam

YAY for Friday too! so can't wait for the weekend...

How exciting Sammi starting the antenatal class in September, I think 2nd trimester would fly by but at the moment I feel time is just passing so slowly, but hey still worth celeberating, I am 5 weeks pregnant today!

Since I have been getting lower back pain ATM, so I plan to go to those Early Pregnancy classes in July and they have weekend session, that will be relaxing. Maybe I can get back to yoga as well.

Anyone is doing yoga while pregnant? I enjoyed my yoga session but haven't been doing it since BFP though...

Hi Sammi

My antenatal classes start on the 3rd of September. They run for 3 hours per week for 4 weeks. The lady also asked if i'd be interested in doing the breast feeding class too. This is run on one day for a couple of hours during September. I asked her to send out all the info and I'll decide then.

Not long to go until our scan on Monday. I'm really looking forward to it although I'm a little nervous too. I'm nervous about the spina bifida part of the scan as dh and my brother have a certain type of it and I'm worried that bub may have it aswell. I had to take the strongest type of folic acid before and when we conceived so I'm hoping all will be ok. I'm also worried about the checking of the kidneys as dh only has 1 and we're not sure if he was born that way or if something happened to it later on. Oh I"m sorry for ranting but I can't help but feel a bit concerned and dh just says don't be silly, worry about it when you know something is wrong. I wish I could be like him and just sail through not thinking about the stuff that could go wrong.

I hope you are all having a good weekend. We went out last night and we are going out again tonight to see a friend who sings in a band (we never go out 2 nights in a row lol).
    So it should be a good night.
    Last edited by mako; June 23rd, 2007 at 05:04 PM.

Gees, I stop watching this thread for a while & whammo, I miss some really big news, doh...

OMG OMG OMG I can't believe I missed that, Keen, how absolutely fantastic to c u in here & with TWO. Congrats. Cant wait to c some u/sound pickies.

Monnie, not long to go, glad everything is going well with ur new ob.

Congrats to all the new additions in here, looks like the thread has filled up again, xlnt, though plenty of room for more.

Well I'll stick my nose back out again, hehehe, just checking in on u girls.

Hi Girls

hope everyone had a good weekend and feeling good.

Moko all the best with the scan, hope all goes well, I am sure it will.
    Beibi, I would love to get on to pilates, but not sure where to go for pregnancy ones. Ill have to do more research on places in Melbourne.

Ill pop in later on to catch up.

Hi Panda and everything else, hope the dreadful monday is treating you well! At least, half day gone already! I hate mondays...

Weekend was so relaxing, went shopping and walked into Babyco for the first time...DH and I were surprised how much stuff we will be needing...there are lot of items we don't even know what's for..anyway, it was exciting just looking...

Not much to report here and just had a bit queezy feeling this morning...and very naughty did HPT on Sunday just to make sure I am still pregnant...tell me that I am not crazy...done 6 altogher since first found out and soon will be running out the HPTs

Mako, hope the scan went well and thinking of you sweetie...

Monnie, Sammi and everyone else, hope you are all doing fantastically and a big belly rub to all!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

BeiBei,

I did many many hpts throughout my first tri, so no you're definitely not crazy! I think this is very much a LTTTCer trait!

Yep...BeiBei...I think it is a LTTTCer trait too...think I did about 9!

And regarding baby stuff to buy...I've been amazed at how many things have been handed on to us...people told me it would happen...and it did...

We've been given a highchair, wraps, clothes, nappies, baby bath seat, rockers, etc. etc.

Mako...how'd your scan go, chickie?

hehe... I still have some HPTs in the house - but I'm too scared to use them in case they come back negative! Morning sickness is stepping up a notch or two every day, and I still can't really believe I'm pregnant... I guess there's a good side of so many people at work knowing - they keep reminding me!

BeiBei, I was about to get into pilates again but then got my BFP... so I guess it's on the back burner for a while again, unless I find somewhere that actually does pilates for pregnancy classes.

I think I'm a little too scared still to go out and buy anything, even though I desperately want to... The scare over the weekend with spotting didn't help matters, but the clinic called me in on Saturday for another blood test and my HCG level was 3646, which they tell me is absolutely perfect.

Mako, hope the scan went well...

BW

BW, I am glad its a false scare...and all turns out ok, I have read your post in your other thread...I am sure your catepiller is a stickly and strong one...so cute, now I can see the two eyes of the butterfly...

no definately not on the buying-stuff stage, just to satisfy my little desire to go into the shop to have a look....because before I got pregnant, I never even dare to step into one..plus, like Monnie said, you never know... most of the stuff could be given haha...I am counting on DH and my side of the family, we are both the only child in the family...so they don't have anyone else to splurge on...

Hi

BW I'm pleased all is ok with you hun and the spotting was nothing to worry about. It sure can be nerve wracking this pregnancy thing. But hang in there and all will be ok.

Well we went for our scan this afternoon and all is very good with our bub. The dr said all my worries were warrented and all is ok. The baby has 2 kidneys and no sign of spina bifida and she has made a note on our record about the history of these probs in our family which I'm happy about. Bub was being stubborn again and wouldn't let dr get a good look at the heart for quite some time lol. Eventually we saw everything we needed to and like I said before its all good. We did find out what we are having(shhhh) but won't be telling anyone in the real world lol.

I hope you are all well and bubs are doing great.

well Mako - what you havin? i've been stalking you in here and you're ticker isn't visible at the moment!! so glad your scan went well hun

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast