Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ August 2005

tiggy Guest

Shell,

Any reason why you are going with an obs?
    If you are definately going that way, please consider Jillian Spillsbury or Glen Lowe. Both lovely lovely doctors and the midwives choice for obstetricians. Jillian also has delivery rights at JHH, just in case you are not covered in time.

Just MHO!

Thanks Tiff. Well coz I will be covered by my private health fund for obstetrics a fortnight before I'm due & my health fund said provided I have my due date in writing from a Dr, it doesn't matter if I go early, they'll still cover me. My GP (Julianne Schwenke) said her referral preferences are:

1) Jock Schumack (very experienced especially with complicated births)
    2) Glenn Lowe (good bedside manner)
    3) Denise Nesbitt (good bedside manner, not as experienced as Schumack)

so I went with her judgement, I'd rather experience over bedside manner... :-)

I've been with this GP since she moved to Newcastle, about 12yrs ago & I find her very thorough, my hubby got the same impression of her this arvy & has transferred to her too. Hope she's right.

tiggy Guest

Well,Shell, you have to go who you feel comfortable with, I hope you like Dr Shumack

I guess it all comes down to preference. Glen Lowe is just lovely though and the girls at Newcastle Private love him!

Have u heard anything on Dr Schumack by chance? :-)

tiggy Guest

Shell [-(

yes, I have an opinion of him but it's not my place to say.(Professional liability, you know how it is) I'm sure you will come to your own conclusions. Many women like him but MANY more midwives don't.

You'll make the right choice but if I were you, I would try before you buy (IYKWIM)

Oh, ok, thanks Tiff. Well I may not be able to use a private Obs after all. I rang my healthfund @ 2pm & the lady told me yep, not a problem. But she rang back later, however I was asleep & still had the internet connected & by the time I rang back, they were closed & don't reopen til 8am Mon. The only message she left was "I spoke to you earlier & I've clarified some information so can you please phone me back". Great, no idea what she meant she didn't even indicate what she wanted what so ever, eg: did she tell me the wrong thing? Nor did they try to call my mobile #, as per my answering machine, so I'll be left wondering all weekend. Bugger !!!

tiggy Guest

Shell,
    Bugger! I hate it when people do that. They don't clarify and then leave you hanging! It could mean anything. Fingers crossed it goes whichever way you want/need it to. There is nothing worse than wanting one thing and having to take another!

If you have to go public, will you go to JHH?

Definitely, but GP said to ask Dr Hedges whom's best @ JHH.

tiggy Guest

I know who he will say!!

There are several really good docs at JHH.

If you go to JHH, maybe I'll run into you!!!

Cool. I just want someone with a proven track record. I mainly don't like the idea of a c/s, but have a minor bulged disk & cervical stenosis (scarring/narrowing), so chance I might need one. But my Dr re-assured me today that c/s are fine & a pre-planned one is even better, just have to wait & see what my first scan reveals, hope their will still be some aptmts avail by then. :-)

tiggy Guest

When do you have your first scan?

It can't be long now!!!

7wks, but I'll be in NZ, so 7wks 6days = 31/8.

Hi Girls,

Amy - thanks for your good wishes and in answer to your question, I had two embryos transferred. For some reason I've got this idea in my head that there is just one baby and that baby is a boy. Should be good for a laugh later if I'm completely wrong! And yes, making the most of the mega boobies because mine are fairly modest normally.

Tiff and Shell - the choices we need to make for births are so overwhelming aren't they. I had been thinking about it in only an abstract way before (if not when). Shell, try not to worry too much about a c/s at this point. I'm kind of trying to leave it open in my mind about how the birth will play out. It's the end result that matters and I guess you do what you have to do. I admire people who go in there with a birth plan and an idea about what they want and I can completely understand the motivation for that. I'm sure they will encourage me to write one up too but I know that in the end, so long as I get my baby I will be happy regardless.

Bear in mind too that plenty of people have had c sections with no problems so if it comes to that I'm sure you will be in good hands.

Hope everyone else is well and happy. Talk to you all over the weekend.

Mel

ROFLMAO!! Birth plan?????

Trust me, now is not the time to be worrying about c/s sections. By the time you are in that labour room, the only thing that you are going to be wanting is your baby, however which way it happens!

Try not to be put off by other peoples experiences eithor. I have come to the conclusion that a lot of people like to outdo each other with their horror stories. It used to give me the $hits hearing about them as the last thing a new mother to be, needs is a load of scary stuff that will probably NEVER happen to them.

tiggy Guest

LOL Jo,

How right you are! As you know though, the happy endings are seen as boring and everyone LOVES a good horror story!!!
    I feel the same about birth plans too, better to go with the flow and have no expectations than to have a plan that can go by the wayside and make the new mother feel like a failure because she didn't live up to expectation.

Again though, each to their own, each to their own.

Yes I know ... the birth plan doesn't work for me either. You will notice that I was being uncharacteristically diplomatic in that post (must be the hormones!).

Thanks girls, yeah I know, I need to sit back & relax, that's ages away & may never happen. But I would love to have a VBirth though. :-)

Oh & we've decided on names already, who knows, may change our minds later:
    * Holly Maree (2nd name = mum's 2nd name, however registry mispelled it as Marie)
    * Cameron Kenneth (2nd name = DH's deceased dad's 1st name)

Hi Girls!

Wow look how our numbers are growing!! That is just fantastic to see so many of us finally getting there!

Just quietly, I hope there is some more stirring going on in the LTTCC forum, so hopefully we'll get a whole lot more over here!!

Just a quick one at the moment to say hello, I have a couple of weeks of now so hope to catch up properly very soon!!

Saw the obstetrrician the other day, very happy with everything, says 'you're flying along!!" whatever that means - but all seems great at the moment.

Need to have my glucose tests etc in a few weeks, but till then all is quiet (except Munchy at nighttime!!)

Big hugs and congrats and belly rubs to all !

Speak soon,

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast