Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ December '06/January '07

Hi beautiful ladies,

Lots of lovely gestating going on in here ... Kar you trickster. It would be funny if you let it slip but maybe you can ask Sushee to edit your posts just in case! I'm pretty excited that you're so close now. You are due on my sister's birthday.

Hope you are all holding up well in the heat. It is nice and wet here in Melbourne this morning ... it's been so long since we've had rain so it's a pleasant change.

Mel and William

LOL -
    If I spill the beans deliberately it's going to ruin your surprise everyone!
    It's only another month or so. And just think, all that wondering will help pass the time (especially for those gestating).

Decided to look at the actual films this morning from the u/s and found out that our baby already weighs 3300g or 7lb4oz. Which is the average full term birth weight. At 5 weeks to go babies usually weigh 2660g and put on another 600g. (For us that means 3900g or 8lb9oz at a minimum). Hope everyone is well. I'm off and do some perineal massage..... (sorry if that is TMI!).

oh kar!! I have been gearing dh up for perineum massage and he said no there is no way im gunna be able to reach though!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I couldn't reach either Danni! Lol!

Kar, I think it's lovely that you're keeping it a surprise from us...NOT! ROFL! 5 weeks is waaaay too long to wait!

And as for bub, Charlie measured 3-5 weeks ahead until 33 weeks and then his growth slowed substantially. They were sure he was going to be 8lbs ++ but he ended up being 7lb 14ozm which is pretty average, I guess.

Oh KAR! Are you saying we have to wait!!?? Dont you know we are LT TTCers and we dont like to wait Hee hee I say stick to your guns if you dont wanna tell, but I'll be hanging to find out (just like everyone else)

changed your mind yet Kar?

In a word Danni ..... nup ....! :biggrin: :nana: - although I am feeling a bit mean I have to say. Only 4 weeks to go - gotta keep this place in suspense somehow! Hey - I managed to reach (just) with the PM. Have you thought about getting an Epi-No - that might help you if DH wont come to the party. You are so close to 3rd trimester now - woo hoo!

Where is everyone?

Chris - how are you going? Bub hanging in there ok?

yes im so close! whats an epi-no?

Hey guys

Wow Kar...only 4 weeks to go...how wonderful!

I'm doing pretty well...so exciting...got my new avatar...

Been a bit sick with tooth and ear aches...ouch!!! Apart from that, nausea is starting to ease off...but still reminds me it's around every now and then...

12 week scan next week...excited but scared! What's new, hey?

Anyway...West Wing has started...gotta go!!!

monnie your av looks great

Im having my glucose blood test today, i hope its not bad, and my first m/w appt with the new hospital. will fill you in when I get back.

I had my breastfeeding class yesterday and I learnt heaps!

Monnie - love your Av and DH and I are mad WW fans. We just watched series 1-5 again over the last few months (an ep every lunch time).

Danni - it's a balloon thingy that costs about $160. You inflate it inside your hoohar gradually increasing it's diameter and stretching you over a number of weeks. Just google Epi-No (in Australia) and you'll find it. I went to BF classes on Saturday too. But I didn't feel I learnt anything! I'd heard it all before at my antenatal class. Glad yours was different Danni.

confusedegg Guest

Hi Ladies..

KAR: I have never heard of the epi-no until i just googled it.. I havent even registered with the pre birth classes.. is the epi no thing that has to be done.. no one has mentioned anything about preparing for birth etc etc.. just been to my ante natal visits and thats about it...

Hi Chris
    No the Epi-No definitely doesn't have to be done, and a recent medical journal found that if you do the same thing with your fingers you get the same result. The problem for Danni is that she can't reach so I was suggesting this machine as a possible solution for her. The results for doing PM (which you wouldn't start until you are 35 weeks anyway) are only slightly better than doing nothing though. Many women say that just learning what the stretching feels like is useful though. I heard about PM from a friend NOT from my caregivers or from Antenatal classes.

Where are you having your baby Chris? If it is at a hospital they may have some antenatal classes that you could go to. Give them a ring. I found it was really helpful - it put my mind at ease and, more importantly, DH's. We also got to see where we are going which is good.

Well I had another Ob appointment this morning and my baby is 3/5ths engaged. WOO HOO! Locum said this might mean that baby is likely to be on time.

i might wait until about 35weeks Kar and then try and reach or beg DH. Im scared i might use it incorrectly

great news about bubs kar! how exciting.

Well i have SPD and its so damn painful. I can barely walk and there is nothing my OB or physio can do aside from admitting me to hospital I may as well rest at home so lucky im not working, and dont have other kids to look after!

Excuse my dumb-ness - but what is SPD? I just cant think what the acronym stands for...??

Hi Keen

This will help.
    Both Danni and I are such good little pregnant people that our relaxin hormones kicked in early. I haven't been able to go for a walk since 16 weeks. Turning over in bed has been rather painful since about 24 weeks. Danni has it even worse than I do by the sounds of it. :hugs: Danni

Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction

Your symphysis pubis are the two bones that connect to form your pelvis. Shaped like a heart, your pelvis is formed by three separate bones that are held together by very tough ligaments. Traditionally, these bones are not designed to allow movement to occur. When you are pregnant however, a hormone called relaxin is produced which allows the pelvis to move slightly during birth. The reason this occurs is because the hormone actually works to loosen the ligaments holding the bones together.

When the ligaments loosen too much, a condition called symphysis pubis dysfunction can occur. When this happens, the pelvis joints become unstable and move around. The growing child makes matters worse because of the intense weight bearing down on these bones, and can actually cause the join to separate. Mild to severe pain in the pubic area are characteristics of this disorder.

If you suspect you have symphysis pubis dysfunction, there are symptoms that will aid in the diagnosis. Pain and difficulty walking are the most common sign of SPD, which can make simple activities like getting in and out of a car, turning over in bed and even getting dressed extremely difficult and painful. The pain is typically felt in the pubic area, but can also be felt throughout the inner thighs, the hips and in your buttocks. There's no treatment for SPD, but after birth when the hormone relaxin ceases production, the ligaments will return to their normal state and the symptoms will slowly start to disappear.
    Last edited by Kar; January 30th, 2007 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks Kar, yep thats me!

I was told last week by my Ob and a physio at the hospital that there was nothing they can do to help me!

Well last night I went to preggo water aerobics which is at a different physio centre and this guy grabbed me, and said OMG you cant walk properly! weelll derr!!!! Anyway he strapped my belly and pelvis for FREE, and now i feel good!
    Fingers crossed it works

Ooh Danni that sounds so nice! Let me know if it works. Bit too late for me now though.

Well - yesterday I had my first taste of being a bit over it.... I feel a bit guilty about it. My mum has been good though and is reminding me that feelings of being tired and over it are just natures way of getting you prepared for the birth.

DH and I were ecstatic to hear on the news this morning that the anaethetists strike at the hospital we are going to is FINALLY over. This means that we no longer have to worry about going into labour between Thursday nights and Monday mornings. When they were on strike - all labouring women got diverted to another hospital because they closed the maternity wing for the weekend every weekend. Apparently private patients were giving birth in the corridors there was such a shortage of beds on weekends at the other hosp.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast