Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss April 2007

Tonners Guest

Hi Everyone,
    I cannot BELIEVE how busy this thread is. I haven't been online for a week and it's taken me two sessions just to catch up and this third one to reply! I had to scan the posts so I have definitely missed people but here goes:
    Welcome to Heybacko, Herbie, Megsmum, Lalla and Claudia, a mc is a terribly sad thing and very hard to accept but I feel so much better now than I did two months ago and I hope you all will too.
    Sarah066, Janeo and Leyla, sorry to hear the dreaded AF arrived. I have a feeling I will be the next to announce her arrival, watch this space....
    Sharon, what a beautiful ceremony you had for your angel, it sounded perfect. I'm sorry to hear the pg sounds like it may not have worked out this time but never say never, stranger things have happened. I have my fingers crossed for you.
    Salt, you poor thing. I hear you about it taking so long for your body to return to normal. It seems like when one things feels like it might be back to normal again, the next thing hurdle pops up to stop you in your tracks. Hopefully this clot will be the last hurdle for you and then you're body will be ready for a happy, healthy, full term bub.
    Bun, you poor thing. You always have such positive and good advice for other people. You need to start listening to yourself! Bekz has mentioned relaxation and positive thinking a couple of times and I joined a gentle yoga and meditation class about a month ago and it has done me the world of good. I told the teacher, who is a naturopath, about my mc and she has been great and given me loads of advice about different positions which help fertility and homeopathic remedies I can take. I feel so much more positive since I started this. She asks us at the beginning of the class to picture in our minds the one thing we want to welcome into our life and devote the class to it. No prizes for guessing what I picture! I think something like this could really help you.

As for me I was very confused about when O happened this cycle. I haven't been temping or using OPK, just going by CM and pain in my side which have always been reliable for me. Had EWCM on CD18 which would have been normal O time so had a few BD sessions but then on CD 22 got a really bad pain in my left ovary for a couple of days so had DH at work again for a couple of days! Going by the second date (and I know Bun you said that you O'd late after your mcs) I am 9 DPO now and am dying to test but I know it's too early. I have sore boobs but also am really irritable which is more a sign of AF. Am not felling tired or sick at all so not holding out much hope this month.
    To all I missed, apologies.

Tonners x

Lalla glad to hear your Dr's appointment went so well.
    satya have my fingers crossed for you that AF stays away.
    *las* AF can certainly tease us sometimes, get us thinking she is on her way, only to keep us waiting for days, very rude of her actually! I think I am well and truly over the frustration, disappointment etc just waiting for Monday.
    megsmum so glad that your GP didn't fob you off. Enjoy your busy weekend
    Heybacko I would love to sneak another test in tomorrow (or sunday) but I only have one left and won't have a chance to buy any more, if however my boobs got suddenly heavy, and I came down with a cold then I may consider using my last test, even if my temp goes up I think I could be tempted! LOL I'm just hopeless
    Bun I am going great, thank you for asking, you on the other hand need a I know it hurts to hear that your friend had a great scan experience, and I think the fact that she asked you if you wanted to see the pic means that she does care about your feelings and I honestly think she would completely understand if you told her that you really don't feel like you can cope with seeing her pics just now, but you will let her know when you feel you can cope. You too will have a good 'scan' experience, and yes you will feel worried, nauseas, scared but that will all disappear when you see your little one moving around on screen.
    janeo STAY AWAY AF! so glad that you found your perfect engagement ring, it sounds gorgeous.
    Tonners I am so glad I had my little ceremony, it really helped to clear my head, and release all those emotions. So when do you think you will test?

Hi Girls,
    Just thought I would pop in to say 'hi' & see if there have been any graduates!!
    There are so many new gals in here now so the support must be amazing. I have done a quick catch up read but won't even attempt personals except to say congrats to Janeo on the engagement & the fabulous sounding ring. You wait til it's on your finger - you will stare at it for days. Maybe treat yourself to a manicure in the meantime so you look fabulous when showing it off!!
    Sharon - hugs to you & your strength is such a good example to all these women. I wish really good things for you very soon & to all you gals, may your dreams come true & your prayers be answered soon!!
    I am still plodding along TTC (cycle 8 now since m/c) & am currently 5dpo. Still a way to go yet but I am remaining optimistic because that is the only way to be.
    Hoping to see some BFP's in here next time I check!!
    PS: Hi Shan if you are lurking - hope things are good in your world!

Hi Mummyto1 and everyone else - Yes i am lurking....lol, but it's hard to keep up with all your girls!

All good on my front. The weighloss is going really well. 5 and a half weeks in and as of this morning i've lost exactly 12kg. I'm rapt. It won't be long till i'm back on the TTC bandwagon, well about 10 months but to me that's not long compared with the 5 years of TTC before this. It's really nice to be able to focus on something else for a change. The weight loss has already righted my cycle (well the first month anyway). I got AF the day I started the program, and at the end of my 4th week, she showed again, so she was spot on 28 days.....i haven't had that in a loooong time and it's soooo much better than the 60 odd day cycles previously. We'll wait and see if she arrives on time again in a few weeks!

Hope you are all doing okay in here. Everyone seems a bit down at the moment, but you'll get through it. For all the newbies.....welcome, although i wish you didn't have to be here. A m/c is such a huge thing to happen in someones life and you will have your up days and your down days. Trust me...i've had plenty of emotional rollercoasters. I had a m/c in Feb 2004 and still to this day something can set me off and i have a little cry. I think that stems down too, to the fact it took us 2 years to concieve our little one only to lose him at nearly 8 weeks and have not been able to concieve since. Sometimes you just need to step back for a bit, take a breath and start again when you're ready. I know it won't work for everyone, but i'm glad i decided to take this time for me, to focus my energies elsewhere for a little while, and i really feel that by the time i'm at my goal weight, I'll be a new woman, ready to take on whatever life throws at me.....and i know that one of the things being thrown to me will be a beautiful bubba all of my very own....

Sorry to waffle on a bit there.....Have a great weekend everyone and remember...

STEP BACK - BREATHE - REACCESS - and START AGAIN even if it's only 5 mins a day..it will help!!!!

Hi everyone,

Las - I hope AF stays away.

megsmum - I'm even worse than that - not just analysing cramps etc but trying not to contribute all sorts of things to a new pg. I hope you O over the weekend.

Bun - that would be hard when no one else knows. Just keep posting here. You are among friends here that know what you are going through and actually understand it.

janeo - Congrats on deciding on a ring. It's so exciting when you get to start wearing it & showing it off. I've got two engagement rings (long story that one) and I've had them for months but I still love moving my hands around so the diamonds can catch the light.

Tonners - be strong and try not to test yet. It's too early and it you get a BFN you will just want to do more tests.

Sharon - hang on to that test as long as you can.

Well have been tired as hell for the last two days. I had a dinner date with friends at 7pm last night and yawned all the way there..... 45 minutes in the car.... very unusual for me. I also burped all the way (gross I know and very unlike ladylike me) and had to take an indigestion tablet as well. I somehow managed to stop all this for the duration of dinner. I also completely lost concentration at work and made stupid little mistakes. Spent heaps of time in the loo yesterday and had to go in the middle of the night.

I am trying not to get my hopes up but this is exactly what happened very early on the last time I was pg so it's incredibly hard not to think that way. I have to keep telling myself that there are loads of other reasons why I could be having these things happen - they are all things that happen to me from time to time (but not all at once) and that it's not likely that I would conceive that quickly again.

Anyway, I'm off to my docs this morning to get my hormone BT results. It will be very interesting to see what he's got to say.

Well girls this is goodbye!! Af has officially arrived this morning and it means im on a 2 mths break...... So im going to have a break from here ill find it too hard... Ill pop in from time to time but they way you guys talk it will be hard to keep up.. So if you get a BFP i want BIG writing so i can see it quickly and easily and as reading everything would take forever........... Im going to be still temping and working out my body planning on seeing a naturapath to get some help with my body and cycle lengths and lutual phase stuff....

When i get my ring ill put my photosite link up for you all to see....

HUGS to you all for being there for me over the past 3 and bit months you are all the best..... Im going to sending lots of sticky vibes to you all and i hope with all my heart that your dreams come true soon..........

BYE!!!!!!!!!!

Jane - boo hoo to AF. I hope you enjoy the next couple of months just looking after yourself and thinking about other things - maybe it will be a nice change to this rollercoaster. Definitely make sure you check in with us and post a pic of your engagement ring - it sounds beautiful! You will love it when you start wearing it - they are so shiny!

satya- thanks for your kind words. You guys really are great, I don't know what I would do without you. Your symptoms are sounding fantastic - how many DPO are you? How did your dr appointment go?

SP - how are you sweets?

mummyto1 - good to hear from you again. Good luck with this cycle!

Sharon - I am glad to hear you sounding so positive. I have just had a squizz at your chart and your temps are still pretty high.

Tonners - thanks for your thoughts. I am actually starting yoga this week and hoping that it may help me to relax. I am also getting back into a couple of hobbies that I had stopped doing. Hopefully I will start feeling a bit better about things soon. It is poss that you O'ed earlier and are getting pg symptoms now, when are you going to test?

Shan - hello! You really are an inspiration to me, how you always sound so positive and I am so proud of your weight loss - wow! That is just incredible! I am so glad that your cycles are getting shorter now - hopefully this time out and weight loss will do the trick! Your advice is really good - I am going to try to step back and breathe now to try and get some perspective back.

Well, I emailed my friend back yesterday and said that I would love to see a pic and hear all about her scan. She is a really great friend and v aware of my feelings, and I feel I need to be there for her as she has been for me and be interested in hearing all about it, even though it hurts so much I feel like I am going to break in half. She told me about seeing her bub moving around and waving its arms about, and sent me a pic of it. I have been crying basically since yesterday and have this lump in my throat that will not go away, but at least I have a counselling appointment today so will try to get it out. I also heard from the clinic and the nurse told me that if anything, my hormone levels are going backwards! WTF?! I thought I would O around Tues going by previous cycles and the EWCM I am getting and told her that, but she doesn't want me to have another BT until Wed. I am not sure what to do - just get it done on Tues or wait til Wed as she said? Honestly, there is def something going on with my body with these slightly irreg cycles and always v late O - I just wish the dr would have listened to me when I told him that 2 months ago rather than telling me to go away and try again and that all would be well! It is such a struggle to get someone to listen to me. Obviously, as I told him, my hormones are doing something weird, so I need to go on a drug like clomid to straighten them out! It has been months and no one has done anything, when I told them this was a problem right from the beginning! Oh well, my appointment is this Thurs, so I will just DEMAND that he listen and do something!

Hello lovely ladies, just dropping in to dump a truckload of and to say

WELL DONE SHAN! 12 kgs is amazing hun, what a huge effort! I'm so glad you're still popping in, it's lovely to 'see' you, I just can't wait to be celebrating your BFP with you . Keep up the good work sweets.

Hi girls,

Going to be a selfish post this one. I was a bit emotional a couple of days ago for no reason at all. I think it was around the time I would have been due.
    My cycle is still all over the place. I am getting AF symptoms with spotting which may turn into AF so I reckon I have stuffed up my O day. Temp is still high though.

Everyone have a reat weekend and hopefully some can leave this thread.

Jen

mummyto1 I don't feel strong, if I had more tests in the house I would be testing everyday till I got a +ve or AF and I am a strong believer in not letting my emotions get the better of me when it is something I have no control over.
    *Shan* congratulations on the weight loss, you go girl! I know that I really should lose some weight myself, and if I don't get my bfp this cycle I will be joining a gym and doing something about it.
    satya too late, it's in the bin, so no more obsessing over that line for me hopefully by Monday I will know one way or the other.
    janeo I am so sorry that AF arrived for you, and I hope you do pop in every so often just to let us know how your are going and of course to post a pic of your ring, I can't wait to see it.
    Bun you where very brave telling your friend to send you a pic of her scan and to tell you about it, it will happen for you. My temp took a slight dip this morning so will wait and see what happens tomorrow, if another drop, then I am going to assume AF is on her way.
    jenjams just remember it ain't over till the witch shows up for you.

I sooooooooo wanted to test this morning, but was very good and resisted the urge, some of my symptoms are; very sore nipples (which I always get b4 AF) back ache (get b4 AF as well) have also had this stabbing/aching pain in my bbs which I haven't had before, I am just refusing to link these symptoms to pregnancy because I may just be disappointed, also had mild AF cramping last night and temp dropped very slightly this morning.

Hi everyone,

Jane - bye for now.

Bun - So sorry you've been crying so much. If your hormones are up the creek then that's probably contributing to that majorly (not just your friends pg). I think it's great that you are taking up yoga and thinking about resuming your hobbies - hopefully this will get your mind off ttc somewhat while you wait for some action from the doc. I think I'm 12-13 dpo but I use maybe baby and that only gives you a rough idea.

Jenjams - sorry that af looks like she's about to arrive.

Sharon - You and I are sounding like we are in about the same place at the moment. Trying not to attribute things to a possible pg..... and boy that's hard. Yesterday I was pretty much normal except for being really tired again..... the day before I had all sorts of "symptoms". Because I had one day full of them and then the next hardly anything I've managed to convince myself that AF is on it's way soon.... even though I've had no spotting yet (I always get this a few days before but didn't went I was pg). I hope I stay in that place.

Salt - don't be frustrated. It must be very difficult to be in your situation. The deed is already done so there's nothing you can do about it. Try and keep yourself busy as much as possible to keep your mind off things until the clot is sorted out.

Well I got my hormone BT results yesterday but I haven't a clue what they mean. My doctor wasn't really able to explain them to me. Basically my oestrdiol reading was at 226 with a note next to it saying that the result is above the upper limit of reference range. I don't understand why this is considered high when the paperwork says that 143-693 is a range for this in the follicular stage (but next to my results it says the range is 37-184). Looking at the figures myself it looks that all the levels were within the correct ranges for the follicular phase which is where I would have been at when the blood was taken.

I just don't get the whole thing - he says my hormones are all over the place but they don't look that way to me. Progesterone is showing as <1 but again this falls in the range for that time of the month. I have posted elsewhere here hoping that someone knows what on earth this all means.

I'm being sent for an ultrasound. The doc wants to see what my ovaries are looking like. He's still think PCOS. My ultrasound is this Thursday but I wont get the results from this until the Saturday of the following week... due to a public holiday & work commitments that wont allow me to get to see him until then. It's so hard to work full time and go for all these appointments - especially when you don't want to tell your boss what you are up to.

Anyway I'd better get going. A busy day planned today..... and we may be returning home with a new puppy to add to our happy little family. We saw one yesterday and my DF fell in love with her. I'm not too sure about having two dogs but I somehow think he will convince me it's a great idea.

Salt & Bun - sounds like you both need to stand up to your Docs & demand they listen to you. Bun with the clomid or other meds & Salt with getting this clot resolved. Pls don't feel bad about the bd - leave it in the hands of god or the universe or whoever...
    All the best to you both & to all the other ladies. I hope this is the hardest thing we ever have to go through in lives (losing a bub) & that we all have rich, happy lives for ever after....(ith lots of children I might add

Hi guys,

Well, I am feeling much better today after my counselling session yesterday. I really am feeling positive about things atm, it may take a while to get the family we want so much, but we will get there in the end and it will all be worth it. I saw my pg friend last night and had a really good night. It is hard with her being pg, but she is a great friend and I can talk to her about everything and she is a great support. It will happen for us, and with each day that passes we are a day closer to our baby.

SP - sweetie. So sorry that you are worried now. Bloody doctors - as if you have not been through enough already! I know it is difficult not to worry, but it is done now and I suppose all you can do is wait. One BD sess probably only has a small chance of conception (as my dr says - there is only a 20% chance of falling each month), and it would make sense that you are less likely to fall pg with a clot due to implantation issues, so there is a high chance that you will not get pg and will not have to worry about a high risk of m/c again. I am thinking of you sweetie.

satya - I am not sure what all the hormone levels mean either. I hope your scan and follow up appointment go well. The waiting is soooo annoying, and I can hear you on how hard it is to have all these appointments with FT work. I am finding it so difficult with constant BTs that need to be done at a certain time (and each time I have spent an hour in the waiting room!), not to mention specialist appointments, and this month I will also have to go for a scan as a part of the tracking cycle, but will hardly have any notice as the timing depends on my BT results. I am a lawyer, and as if there isn't already enough time pressure on me! I think I will have to tell my boss soon, as it is just getting too obvious, esp with more BTs, an appointment and a scan this week. When are you going to test?

sharon - good on you for not testing! Let us know how you go tomorrow.

jen- sorry to hear you are feeling bad. It must be hard passing your EDD. My first angel's EDD is coming up, and I am not looking forward to that day. So sorry your chart is confusing and you are not sure what is going on. That really doesn't help things. I am thinking of you and I hope your cycle straightens out soon

Hi to everyone else, I hope you have all had a great weekend.

Bun xx

Hi everyone hope you've all had a great weekend.

Bun - I'm trying not to test at the moment as I'm probably just imagining my symptoms. Mind you, I almost threw up standing on the beach watching the waves yesterday afternoon & my stomach was doing flips constantly last night while my step daughter kept bouncing the bed while we were watching TV . I just don't get stomach complaints so it's certainly making me wonder. It's two weeks now since I think I O'd but I'm really not sure about that either. I may sneak out & get some tests on my way to work if I have time (don't want to get my DF hopes up for nothing).

Anyway I'd better get ready for work.

Good morning girls,

Hope all had a great weekend.

Thanks for your thoughts Bun. I am so happy you are starting to feel more positive. We will all get there in the end.

SP- I am thinking about you.

Sharon- Well done for not caving in and testing. Let us know how you go

Satya- Good luck if you test today

Well i have given up temping for the rest of the month. it is upsetting me too much to see such a variance daily. I am still spotting and still cramping and feel a little nausea. When I was pg I had an incredible craving for cheese. The symptoms I am having now are just like the last couple of AF. So I will wait for the good aunt to arrive and start again next month. 2008 will be our year.

All have a great Monday

Heybacko Guest

Morning everyone

Oh Bun, it is so good to hear you sound so much more positive and that the relationship with your friend has taken a big step forward.

Salt - I've scrolled up and down to no avail - when is AF due so she can rid you of that sodding clot?? I do feel for you as I'm STILL bleeding 13 days after the D&C, sorry if this is TMI - but it's red/brown slime not enough to go onto my pad but just there when I wipe - I have NEVER bled this long before, not after childbirth, not after my last D&C, just not ever. I feel like my body is taking too long to get back to normal and it worries me what that means. It's so frustrating isn't it.

Sharon - any news girl??? I am SO rubbish at waiting for anything!!

Satya - how can you be SO patient??!! I'm crossing my fingers for you as well, it does sound quite promising doesn't it and the timing would be right!!! Hoping for good news for you xxx

Jen - my special thoughts are with you - I passed my first m/c EDD in February (and at a time when I thought I was pregnant) and it was still so so hard. I then went on to have a missed m/c the following month so now I have an EDD to get past in February & March next year - am SO praying I will be SAFELY well pg by then.

Hi to everyone else, here's hoping you had a good weekend
    Love
    Alex
    xxx

Well ladies, quite a big temp drop this morning and a BFN! When I compared this cycle to my other non-pregnant cycles it is quite similar, with the very slow and stead rise, then a large drop 1-2 days before AF shows up, so I am guessing she will be here either tomorrow or Wednesday. Also, after looking at my chart, I am starting to think that maybe FF got it wrong and I actually O'd on CD 17, which would be within my normal O pattern and since the last BD was 4 days before hand that is probably why we aren't pg this cycle. And if that was the case then I would only be 11 dpo today and my longest LP was 12 days (not counting my D&C cycle).

Anyway, have a really busy day today so no time for personals, will be back on tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi every-one,

I have put my FF chart on if you would like to have a look. It is telling me I O'd on the 12th April, I would have no idea cause not really that in touch with myself, if you know what I mean. You guys have really helped me though & I am very appreciative of that, Thanks
    We have been flatout BDing so can only keep . Chart says I am 4 DPO and now I just can't wait another 10days, but I will do my best. I will try not to test prior to AF due date.
    I have been reading all the posts however I am sorry I have not sent back personals.
    Sorry to see Satya leave us but glad to hear she will pop in now & again. Hopefully we will see you in another thread soon. You have all been so busy & I am lost again(not that suprising is it) I will do personals at a later date.
    Bun-You are such a strong for person for being there for your friend & it just shows her how much of a friend you really are

Will catch you all again soon, I really wish there was no-one in this thread, that would be the best news ever wouldn't it?

Lots of wishes &

Herbie

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast