Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss April 2007

Hi
    I've been kind of lurking in here and posting more in the general ttc board, but I have a question that one of you might be able to answer.

Has anyone got a positive pg test 4 weeks after a d & c that was still from the m/c pregnancy?

Oh SP - I am so sorry to hear about your OB appointment. That is awful. Soooo much waiting - I know exactly how you feel. I started TTC in Aug last year too, and have nothing but loss to show for it. Sometimes it is just not fair and it is time something went right. Did he say that you can't TTC this cycle, or just that it is unlikely you would get pg? Looking at your chart, it doesn't look like you have O'ed yet, so you are not pg. Would he consider giving you the drug now anyway, if you can convince him that you have definitely not O'ed yet? The waiting is just awful, and I don't think they understand that sometimes. I am thinking of you

Sharon - The lines often vary in darkness and it is v possible to get a false negative, so don't lose hope yet. I know the waiting game is awful, I have been there, but we are all thinking of you and hoping it will turn out to be a sticky one.

Janeo - good luck with the testing and with choosing your engagement ring. I got a bezel setting too - the other good thing about that is less chance of the diamond falling out! It would be great to announce your pg at your engagement party! I am trying with the positive thinking but sometimes I just can't manage it, I get so caught up in all that has happened and start to lose hope about it all. Anyway, I will keep trying.

Jen- yay on O'ing! It's great to finally see a pattern in all the dots when you first start charting. Best of luck!

belinda - I do hope there is good luck on the way for us. We deserve it!!

megsmum - you are doing everything right, so don't worry! It is lovely having you here.

Hello to everyone else xx

*las* Guest

Good morning!

Bun - how frustrating that they want to test when they think is right. It took me ages to get mine to realise I don't do anything before Day 16 at least! Hang in there hun!

Sharon19270 - Don't lose hope yet! I could definately see that 2nd line on the other test! Hopefully it's just the different test giving the different result. Don't lose hope yet.

Megsmum - yay on your DD using the toilet!! It's such an exciting time, isn't it! DS TT recently and it's such a proud feeling seeing them use the toilet, although a little sad now that my baby is no longer in nappies

Lalla - hi and welcome! I m/c nearly 4 weeks ago too, I'm so sorry for your loss. You would have had the D&C done by now if you needed it. It's just your body slowly returning back to pre-pregnancy state...HTH!

Leyla - thanks We don't over BD as DH has MF...so doing it too much is useless as his best swimmers are in the first one or two goes (sorry, TMI!!). That's why we do ICSI cycles...but we thought we might just get lucky, he's been taking some zinc to try and help! Vitex is great for regulating cycles and I've heard it's great for increasing fertility. I think you can get it from a naturopath. Good luck!

Salt - big hugs sweetie xx You must be so incredibly frustrated I hope this sorts things out once and for all.

Belinda - That is all so true!! When we did a natural FET last year, they kept telling me a faint 2nd line doesn't count, we got to a point where we stopped getting that 2nd line and missed transfer...I was so mad! I think a strong 2nd line should be enough indication!

Jen - good luck with your TWW! Sending you lots of sticky vibes!

Janeo - Good luck with your test!!! And shopping for your ring, it sounds like it will be beautiful!!!

Hi to everyone else

I 'think' I'm technically 8dpo, feeling a bit crampy, so not expecting anything really, we've never concieved without AC so would be crazy for me to think it would happen now. Just thinking about my FS appointment in a couple of weeks and planning for another FET when AF comes in May......and desperately trying to lose a few kilos between now and then!!

Thank you so much everyone for your words of encouragement it means a lot to me, but if I turn out to not be pg this time I will NEVER test early again (remind of this if I happen to be trying again next cycle).

Bron81 thank you for posting about what happened to you makes me feel a little more confident, it just shocked the S**t out of me to see NO second line when I thought it would have at least been the same, I did read up on the internet though that tests (even from same box) can detect different levels of HCG so maybe the one I used yesterday was one of the ones that was super duper sensitive.
    Bun I know it is possible to get a false -ve just think it would happen after getting a +ve
    saltprincess good luck for when you see your regular Ob on the 26th. I have plenty of washing and housework that is supposed to be keeping me busy but I just can't get into it I HATE playing the waiting game (just like everyone else) I am such an impatient person (something my kids get from me unfortunately)
    *las* thanks I don't plan on losing hope until AF arrives.

Sharon - I am going to visit all different belly buddies/ttc trhreads so I am sure we'll keep in touch during our journeys. I did not test early this time because I started testing at 9DPO last time and I did not get a definate result until DPO 16. I really have every thing crossed for you.

Janeo - Goodluck for Friday hon. Your ring description sounds really spectacular.

SallyJ - YOu can get a +ve test up to 4wks post D and C. I would test in a week or so and I would see your doc. Goodluck

Oh well off to my doc. I am soooo nervous, and I don't know why. I guess I will need a blood test, one of many to come I am guessing.

Lalla Guest

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. I'm on nightshift at the moment so I've just crawled out of bed !!! I'm heading over to see the Dr this afternoon, so I can fire all my questions at her.

I was a little rattled to read that is can take months for your body to get back into a 'normal' cylce. As you can imagine I'm eager to jump back on the wagon and start TTC ASAP! But DH is (as usual) being the voice of reason, there is no rush. Our lives have been pretty hectic for the past 6-8 months.... We've sold a house, renovated the kitchen, errected a pergola, got engaged then married 3 months later and somehow had the honeymoon from hell as well!!

Speaking of Weddings CONGRATULATIONS JANEO that's fantastic and such an exciting time! Your ring sounds gorgeous and very similar to what I wanted for my own, but DF at the time decided he wanted everything to be a complete suprise so chose the biggest dimond he could find!! Which happened to be a brilliant cut, claw set with 3 princess cut diamonds either side and all in white gold. It's beautiful and I've grown to absolutely adore it, although the size and setting can be VERY impractical (especially at work).

Well, off to the Dr now hope to speak to you all soon x

Hi all,

Saltprincess - try and keep positive if you can as hard as that must be.

Bun - I'm sorry to see you've been up and down over the past few days - I hope you are back up there by the time you read this.

Leyla - Sorry AF arrived. When people ask just say "we are working on it". That's what we used to do (when I was married & tried for 8.5 years unsucessfully) and that used to satisfy most people and they very rarely asked further questions.

Herbie - I also go to the loo soon after (after getting several UTI's over the years) and I still conceived after 9 months compared with last time it took 3 years to conceive and I used to lay in bed for ages with my legs up. I don't think it really matters.

Janeo - I hope the next test is +ve.

Sharon - I'll say what I've said to many on other threads in these forums - don't test until your AF is overdue. This way you will not be disappointed with the results of testing too early. I know that's hard but I had to get that way after trying for so long - I found it's the only way to keep your sanity if you end up TTC long term.

Bekz - glad all is well with you.

Welcome Lalla. Sorry for your loss. I've read that your next AF should come between 2 to 6 weeks after m/c. Some women take longer but most are between 2 & 6 weeks. I haven't had mine yet but am hoping it will be soon.... or not if I get a BFP instead.

I had a great but hectic Easter. Have been feeling really positive until today. A workmate and his wife lost their baby yesterday. She was due in just two weeks time. She has a history of m/c but they thought she'd make it this time. I'm not close to this guy at all but the news just hit me for six and bought all the emotional stuff from 3 weeks ago back again. I did not expect to feel so sad about someone elses situation.... very odd indeed. I'm feeling good again now but am not looking forward to the first day that the workmate comes back.... what on earth do you say?????

Claudia Guest

Hi Girls,

I just wanted to say a hi to you all and hope you don't mind if I join in!
    Over the passed couple of days I've read some of your posts and for some reason the thought of posting a reply was really daunting, but tonight I decided to get over it and just say hi, and tell you all how great it is to have a forum where there's such support!

I had a missed m/c for the 1st time just over 5 weeks ago now, I was 9 weeks, though my Dr said I had lost the baby at 7 weeks. It was such a shock, because there were no signs at all, and until then I'd never heard of a missed MC!

The last month has been up and down, there are times when I think it's all ok then there are days when I feel so sad. Easter was difficult because this is when we were due to announce to everyone - in addition my sister in law just had a gorgeous baby girl last week, so DH and I had to deal with the family inquisition of when we were going to produce! Needless to say I was greatful for steady flow of champagne!

Any how, I just wanted to say hi to everyone and am sending lot's of sticky vibes to you all.

Claudia
    xo

P.s am still getting my head around all the abreviations, so you'll have to bear with me!

I

Hello Ladies,

Wow you have been talking today!!

Lalla - Welcome! So sorry about your loss, and hope that things start to turn around for you really really soon. Sounds like you have had a very hectic few months!

Claudia - Welcome too! So sorry for what you have been through. It is such a huge shock when it happens to you, especially the first time, it seems to just come out of the blue. You will find heaps of support here though, the girls are just lovely!

Satya - thanks for the advise hun! I will have to remember that one.

Bekz - glad things seem to be going well for you, hope everything went well at the docs.

Salt - what a bugger! I really hope that they sort things out for you soon, nothing worse than another set back when all you want to do is move forward.

Sharon - Fingers crossed for you! I'm sure that everything will work out for you, its still early days!

Lisa - thanks for your advise on the Vitex. I'm not sure if I should be taking it though as I already have quite a long LP. From the little I have been able to find, it seems that it is best for regulating short LP's. Does anyone know anything about how it affects long LP's?

Anyhow, big hello's to everyone else. Sorry to all those I have missed, I'm having trouble keeping up!

love

Good morning girls,

Welcome Claudia and Lalla. I hope you don't have to be in this thread for too long.

Bekz- How did your trip to the docs go?

Hang in there Sharon, there is still hope yet.

Salt- Keep your chin up. Here have a :hugs:

So Sorry I have missed everyone else.

I am having a bit of a down morning. My temp had dipped yet again. So I am thinking this wont be my month. I wish my temp would just be normal.

Have a good day everyone.

Heybacko Guest

Morning everyone!

A big welcome to Claudia and Lalla, so sorry you have to join us here but you are most welcome - the support here is incredible, it has certain stopped me from going crazy this last few weeks.

Jenjams - sorry to hear you are feeling down with the whole temp thing, (you know I hate it and just couldn't understand it!!) - I can say though, that the time I did try using it, I was dipping and peaking all over the place for both months and still got pregnant when it said I shouldn't have so never say never until evil AF shows her ugly red face!

Satya - just awful news for your colleagues, just the worst. I have read the stories of Cooper, Nicholas, Lucia, Jordan and others (I am SO sorry for not remembering the names of these angels mummies) and the tears just flow and flow. Their mum's are the most brave, brave women - and they are still able to come here and support others. Perhaps you could ask them for advice as how to help your colleagues, or offer the forum address?? Theyll never get over it but they do need to get through it.

BekZ/Sharon - hoping you are on the receiving end of good news, we are all praying for you with all our hearts.

Bun - hope you are having a good day, I too have been peaking and dipping over the easter break. One day I was quite 'up' and positive and the next I couldn't be bothered to get off the sofa, wash my hair, do anything really and felt totally s**t.

I hope this next bit doesn't scare anyone but i wanted to share it in case there is anything in it, it's advice I was given in the UK from both my Ob and my GP. I suffered from UTI/cystitis for the first time ever last July (I was 10 weeks pregnant) and it was so bad I ended up in A&E, and it subsequently went into my kidneys (pyelonephritis -sp??) - it took 3 lots of consecutive antibiotics to get rid of it.

I then went into premature labour at 16 weeks, poor little bub dated at just over 12w. The Ob said he couldn't rule out the UTI/kidney infection as it is known to cause premature labour. My GP said practically the same thing and added two bits of advice - (i) ALWAYS wee after sex and (ii) take cranberry, either in juice or capsule form. I don't think this is relevant during BDing but def. later in pregnancy. I had no idea of the consequences at all and I'm an old hand at pregnancy, it was still news to me.

To finish on a lighter note:

JaneO - when are you going to change your signature to read 'DF' instead of 'DP'!!!!!!!

Love to all
    Alex
    xxxx

Satya - so sorry to hear about your colleague and his wife. What an awful thing to happen, esp with a history of m/c too. They must be distraught. Hearing stories like that makes me so so sad, and you just wish you could do something for them. Alex's advice was good - maybe see if some of the mums there have some advice of what you can do for them.

Jen- sorry your temp is all over the place, I hope you can make some sense of it soon.

Welcome Claudia - a missed m/c really is the most horrible shock - my first was like that too. I'm glad you are here and I hope that you get that BFP soon!

Lalla - how did your dr appointment go?

Sharon - how are you going today? Have you tested again?

las - how frustrating is it when they don't believe you when you know your own body! Grrr...

SP - the 26th is not long away now, and hopefully then you will be closer to having this clot sorted out. It is scary to think of 9 months TTC, isn't it? This month is my last chance to fall before the EDD of my first, and Inever thought I would still be trying now.

Hi to everyone else.

The nurse from the clinic phoned last night and said (surprise, surprise) that my hormone levels are quite low so to get another BT done tomorrow. I told her I knew they would be, and she actually remembered that I told her that before, and she was nice about it - seemed to accept that I do know my own body pretty well! I am now getting some EWCM from yest, so going by previous cycles, I think I will O about next Tues, so on CD22 again, the same as last cycle. At least it is getting regular, but unfortunately my cycles are still v long, I have only 10 chances of pg a year! I have already wasted one not trying and another with a chem pg, so it just seems like it is never going to happen and time just keeps passing. Oh well, at least my FS appointment is next week and hopefully he will actually do something helpful this time.

satya what an awful thing to happen to your work colleague, it would be very difficult to know what to say, if anything at all, as they might not want to talk about it.
    Claudia sorry about your loss, but hopefully you won't have to spend too much time in here before you get your BFP
    Leyla thanks, I just don't "feel" like I am pregnant so not holding my breath for this cycle.
    jenjams are you temping orally or vaginally?
    Heybacko thanks, just don't think it is my turn for my (sticky) BFP just yet.
    Bun feeling ok today, tested again this morning and still -ve.

I have decided to take my BFP off my FF chart and wait it out for AF to show up, I am actually thinking that maybe I have had a chemical pregnancy.

Hi Guys,
    Here Goes, sorry if I stuff this up:
    Bun-Sorry to hear you are up & down & all over the show, I am sure it will soon pick up & you will feel better
    Heybacko-In regard to the info you gave for UTI what is not nec when bding but later in preg? Do you mean taking the capsules? Did the GP say that UTI will always cause prem labour or MAY be cause?
    Bekz-Having everything crossed for you & waiting to hear some good news
    Jenjams-I am hearing what you are saying about the temping, I get so confused & frustrated. Mine is all over the show, although this is my first month temping have never done it before.
    Satya-I know when I have heard stories of same thing happening to me that it brings everything back and sometimes I just wish it would all go away, doesn't happen though! I think you can only offer support to your work mate & just ask how his wife is, I am sure you will be fine & know exactly what to say .
    Claudia & Lalla-Welcome to both of you, sorry you have to join us in here. You will love all the girls though they are great & very supportive. Can ask them anything & they will do their best to help & offer all the support they can.
    Sharon-Stay positive little sweet. I will be the same with testing, I jsut can't help myself, it is the way we are, don't beat yourself up everything will be fine I am sure
    las-Best of luck with losing a few kilo's. I understand it must be difficult, I do all I can to help DH with his weight & I get so P#$%^ed off when people nag at him & tell him all the time how fat his gut is (his mother & father are great at doing this to him GRRRR) Wishing you all the best anyway
    Janeo-Best of luck with the ring, I got my ring in Melbourne at the Diamond shop in the Mall, they were great. First you pick the diamond then the style you like, it is all great fun. We did shop around though I must admit.

Hi to all the ones I have missed & I am sorry, I am struggling to keep up with you all.
    Not much to report on my home front. Have been bding since 05.04 (my birthday) & still going strong. DH has started to say no, this tells me I am going great guns!!!!!! I have outdone him for a change, yippee. Hoping for a bfp this month. I got a ticket to USA for my birthday from DH, I have a friend who lives in Colorado & she does not know I am going over, I arrive on her birthday, I know she will cry for about an hour when I get there. At least this will take my mind off the pg thing, sort of. My friend has been in USA since Sept 05 and is currently very homesick. Anyway back on track. I have been temping & it looks rediculous, don't know if I am doing it right or not am only on CD14. Any way enough of my crapping on talk to you all again soon

Herbie
    xx

Heybacko Guest

hi Herbie

Sorry to confuse you, I have read it back it and I haven't typed it particularly clearly

I think the gist of it was: UTI will very very rarely if ever cause m/c but if left untreated, and it gets up into your kidneys then it MAY be a possible cause - it's called pyelonephritis - I think it is very rare to m/c from a kidney infection but it is a known cause.

He said the empyting of your bladder is essential after sex whilst pregnant as the bladder is under more pressure from the growing uterus and some wee can get left (which is why I meant that this bit is not really relevant to BDing) but he said if you can get into the habit of weeing after sex anyway, that would be fab. Also, taking the cranberry will help at any time (pregnant, TTC or otherwise!) to keep UTIs at bay.

Hope this helps clarify my waffling (unless I have just replaced it with more confusion - in which case google 'pyelonephritis and miscarriage' and get more sense than I can type!!!)

It is supposed to be very very rare but it is a reason to do everything we can to keep UTI/cystitis at bay which is why I posted it really as my one and only dose of cystitis really kicked the heck out of me.

Love to all
    Alex
    xxxx

Thanks Alex, that makes lots of sense & no you are not babbling on lol. My concern was ttc & going to toilet immediately after bding. I will go straight after cause I cannot stand UTI even though i am used to them. Hopefully those little spermies will swim flatout B4 I go to loo swim little fella

Herbie
    xxx

Hi all,

It's getting difficult to keep up with everyone now. I don't get much time to jump on so I hope everyone is doing well.

Welcome to Claudia. I hope you find the support here is of assistance to you. It's been invaluable to me over the past month.

I think I'll keep it simple with my work colleague.... just sorry for your loss or something like that.

I had bad cramps in the middle of the night last night. I haven't had AF cramps for years so I don't know why I'm getting them.... maybe my AF is on it's way. If I've calculated Oing correctly I would be due Monday but if I go from m/c date & allow 4 weeks (I'm very regular) it would be Friday of next week.

Herbie - lol- you just gave me the funniest vision of you getting up to pee and the little spermies swimming so hard in the other direction just trying to reach their target. I hope they make it there!!

Sharon - At least if it is a chem pg you can get straight back on the TTC wagon again. I don't even know if a chem pg is a m/c or not - I didn't really count mine as one, as AF was only 2 days late and I only ever got a really faint positive anyway. Not sure - but at least it is nothing like having to go through the pain of a D & C or a scan showing a missed m/c - these are the things that terrify me. If a pg is not going to make it, I would much rather it be right at the beginning than at any other time. This thinking is what makes me feel better anyway. I hope you are doing ok.

satya - it is probably a good idea to keep it simple with your colleague. I suppose he may not want to talk about it and it is hard to know what they want you to do/not do at a time like this. I just feel so very bad for them. I hope the cramping eases up.

My pg friend is having her first scan tomorrow and I am seeing her on the w/e. Things are still a bit strained between us and I don't feel I can talk to her as freely as I could before - I guess I don't want to burden her with my issues if she doesn't feel she can talk to me about what is going on in her life, esp as she had been worried about her pg and hadn't confided in me. I am also concerned that I am the reason she is worried - she has heard so many bad things about pg and m/c from me lately, and I know that she was only excited and not worried about scans with her other two pgs, so am feeling v guilty and I don't want to talk to her about my worries and what has been happening lately. I feel like a v bad friend. The trouble is that this has been such a big part of my life lately, I don't feel like I have anything else to talk about! Oh well...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast