Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ December 2006 #3

mummyto1, my angel's edd's 12th March. I have 3 close friends due 13th Feb, 23rd Feb & 17th March. I desperately want to be pg before the first one pops. I think it will make it so much easier for me.

I was using OPKs again this month. Only found out just in time that I should use 2 per day to catch the dark line. I got a line (but still not truly +) on both of the last OPKs I had, so I must have o'd sometime in the next couple of days.

I've not temped before but I know you have to take your temp before you get out of bed in the a.m. Question - my dd wakes frequently every night so I'm up & down heaps - would this affect my temps? Also I rarely wake naturally - she's a great alarm... would this kind of waking raise my temp?

Whoa i didnt know you had to use them twice a day either how expensive would that get especially for me as each cycle is a different length...

With temping if you have had a least 3 hrs sleep then take it b4 getting up to your daughter it will affect it a bit but you might have a better idea.. There was a girl in another thread whos daughter was really sick and she was up and down all night through her o week and she is now pg........ So it might be worth giving it a go if you can be bothered...

I also have friends due soon 9th Feb, 10th Feb, two in late Feb. One 3 days after i was due in July and one 3 weeks after i was due plus at work 3 parents that were all due around my due date... Im really keen to be pg very very very soon.... We would really like our bundle b4 christmas because we were sooo looking forward to having a baby to share christmas with...... But then again we dont really want a dec baby so that only leaves Feb but then to top it off who knows when a proper af will show up... I sound silly and putting to much pressure on myself but i want it sooo badly... Having a bad couple of days really missing being pg really want my baby back...

Hi my lovelies.....

My visitors are all in bed, so i thought i'd take this opportunity to jump on and catch up with you all....

Kez - how are you my sweet...hope you are doing okay...xxx

Susie - We're having a great time. I've got one of my best friends, her 12 yr old daughter and 3 mth old daughter, and my other best friends 9 yr old daughter here, so we had a nice girly day shopping. They're going on Saturday (except for the 9yr old as her mum and brothers and sister will come down during next week to pick her up) so were making the most of it. Although i'm thinking of going home for a week or so next weekend, so i'll see them all again real soon...I hope your right about your feeling for me, and i hope you're doing well too..xxx

Cilmum - Yep the lawnmower was a great present, although it's still in the box coz we got no grass coz of the drought...funny how things work hey!!!... Um...the hair...well...he sort of stuffed it up somehow. I got one of those kits where you dye the whole hair and then do some highlights. I nice blondie color..Well the overall color was great (and even) and then he did the highlights which he put in all the right places (execpt he did my entire fringe instead of streaks) but where my hair was natural on top (mostly my fringe and the center panal on top) it went a horrible bright orangey color...it was awful, so i got the lightening spray out and lightened it up a bit (so now quite blonde) and if i tie it back it's not so noticable...but hey, it saved me $150 at the hairdressers, so who cares...it's only hair..it'll grow out. Go for you life with questions on temping, but my fingers are crossed that you aren't going to need to ask them...xxxx

Lisa - how you doing babe...glad to hear that everything is progressing nicely...xxx

Jane - How you doing sweets...xxxx

Mummyto1 - Temping is going okay, but i'm not sleeping too well at the moment, so it's just a rough guide to what's happening, and this morning i didn't even bother. I was waking up every hour, and i've been up now since 5am, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. How are you doing???

Hi to everyone else, and i hope you are all cruising along nicely...

Well tomorrow is CD28. My BB's are a bit sore, but other than that, there is nothing else to suggest that AF is on her way. I was a bit nauseous over the weekend...mostly whilst trying to cook dinner, but i haven't noticed any lately..could be that i've been busy, so my mind is off things, but i'm trying not to be too concered. We've done as much as we can do this cycle, and lets hope that AF (if she comes..hehehe) is kind and comes on time, which will then give me two cycles in a row that have been normal. I don't know when I'll test...i'm happy to wait it out, i think, and i have a few HPT in the cupboard, but when i decided to use them (or if AF turns up) i'll let you all know...

Have a great night everyone...xxxxxx

Hey guys!! How's everyone doing? I'm going to try to catch up with personals and will apologize in advance for anyone I've missed.

Shan-Oh I hope to see your BFP really soon!! Everything sounds promising and I hope we all can soon be announcing a BFP! I sure hope you caught your eggie! I hope you enjoy your friends visiting! It can be a nice distraction also.

Jane-I also have friends due very soon and I thought it would be my first time going to see a baby in the hospital but since I just had my miscarriage that is all on hold for now. I hope that your cycles get regulated soon so TTC is easier for you. Very funny at DP hiding hpts! I should have mine do that too!!

Cilmum-How's the painting coming? I'm done!! Just got the room back in order. Sounds like you do have the BD thing covered. I'm starting to feel sorry for DH!! Get him plenty of fluids!!

Lisa-I know this sounds funny but I'm glad you are sick!! I pray this little one is sticky and you have him/her in your arms soon!

Dream-I can't imagine how strong you are! I have now had 2 losses and can't imagine what you've gone through. I hope you are blessed soon with a little of your own to hold!

Aussienic-Did AF show or did I miss something? I hope she stays away and you'll be announcing someting soon.

Mummyto1-Is AF being gentle on you? I hope that is the last time she shows up unwanted for about 9 months! I hope the time goes fast for you!

Well, I didn't get my 3rd high temp and it dropped the next morning. So after another dip I caved and did an OPK and it was very dark yesterday and today! My temp was high already this morning so I'll be waiting to see if this is the real deal or not. We've kept up the BD just in case! I had tons of EWCM yesterday and today not as much. I don't think I've ever had that much that I've noticed but DH surely did(sorry for TMI). DS is sleeping so I think I'm going to try and finish cleaning the house. It was a disaster!!

ladybug Guest

Default Hello. I'm new here.

Hello my name is Melissa and I have a few questions for you guys. I had a MC in June of 2005. I lost twin boys. It took me a long time to get myself back together and not hover in their room. Me and my husband decided to wait a while before we tried agian. We eventually did about 6 months later and tried stedily for about 8 months and nothing. I am 24 and feel like this should not be this hard at my age considering they say this is the prime time to have a baby. I began to get frusterated and have not been really trying for the last few months. My periods have been irregular since the MC, so it is hard to figure out ovulation days. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same situation? Also I have heard of a supplement to help with getting periods back on track and to help with fertility. It is called vitex. Has anyone tried it or know much about it? I am ready to start trying again. Any tips? Thank you

Hi Melissa, welcome to BellyBelly and our little thread.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your twins. After a m/c cycles can be very irregular, or they can continue as normal. Everybody is different, so we just have to take what comes unfortunately. As for the vitex, i've never used it, however my SIL did to regulate her cycles and got pg very quickly on it. Hopefully some other girls can help you out with that one...good luck, and i hope you get your wish very soon...xxx

Hi girls

Just a quick one. will pop back in over the weekend. Thanks for all your wishes on our next journey you are all so kind. Not to sure about my strength sometimes but knowing I have wonderful women like you out there makes it a lot easier, we all just help each other. (so much for a quick one!!!)

Melissa sorry for your babies having to go to heaven. I hope you find some comfort and lots of great advise here.There all wonderful women who can understand where you are at the moment.... which I know helps me alot,i hope it helps you. good luck in your journey and 2007 brings you babe in arms.

sweet dreams all.

Happy New Year to you all!

Shan - How many more days do you need to wait til you test? *fingers crossed* I have a good feeling about you

Dream - Welcome, it's nice to have each other to talk to through our journey. I hope you get a BFP soon and pray that everything goes well for you.

Ladybug - Welcome to you too. I'd definitely look into getting your cycles regular with your Dr, otherwise you'll just be playing pot luck. Looks like my cycle is going crazy again now, so I'll probably have to look into something also.

missykg - hope you are too busy BDing to read this! LOL - hope you catch that egg!

janeo - Hope you are feeling better today *hugs* I have been feeling the same way lately. I'm all over the place, and everyone is either pregnant or just had a baby - hopefully it will be all of us this time next year!

Cilmum - How did you go with your OPK's? Hope you got a positive and you are busy BDing!

mummyto1 - Sorry to hear that AF arrived. I hope she leaves you soon and don't eat too much chocolate as I am craving enough of it for both of us!

LisaL - I'm glad everything went well with your scan. Make sure you take it easy, and know that we are all thinking of you. The sound of the heartbeat must be music to your ears, so make sure you aren't stressing too much! *hugs*

Chepie - hi there! how are you going?

Susie - how are you travelling?

Aussienic - Happy new year - and I agree, hopefully this will be the last time we have AF in 2007!!!

Hi to anyone else I have missed

As for me...I haven't been around much lately as I haven't felt like communicating with anyone IYKWIM. I've had 3 cousins and a g/f have baby girls in the last 2wks, and I've been pretty down over it all. However yesterday I decided to pick myself up and went back to the gym for the first time after my m/c, and today I am aching all over.

AF has been here for 18 days and she won't leave me alone, so that probably doesn't help either.

Now I just have to try and get myself back into a normal sleep-pattern. I dread going to bed, as all I can do is lie there and think about my baby, so every two nights I have been staying up all night to try and exhaust myself so the next night I fall into bed and sleep straight away. Any suggestions???

Hello Yes, I'm back from visiting my parents in Hong Kong. We did lots of sightseeing and lots of shopping but the best bit I think was seeing the giant pandas at Ocean World! And AF has arrived this morning after a couple of days of cramping. Glad she waited until I was home. Looks like my cycle is back to its normal length. That has to be a good thing, I guess.

Good morning, Belinda, sorry to hear about you not sleeping. Perhaps meditation and yoga might help? Staying up all night sounds horrible. Hugs for you

Greetings to everyone else - I'm still catching up! I was able to get online a few times but there was an earthquake near Taiwan after Christmas and seven of the eight communication cables were affected - no internet! So more personals next time, I promise!

Another question:

How many days after Oing should you bd for?

I woke at 4:30am this morning & pee'd in a cup, intending to do an early hpt later in the morning. When I got up I tipped it in the loo again. Aaarrrrggghhh! I'm driving myself nuts! A couple more days, a couple more days.....

If we've missed this cycle it's gonna knock me for a six. DH will be away for work next cycle & 2 friends will pop before I get a chance at googie catching again. How do the rest of you stay so calm about it all? I need a dose of chill-out.

Melissa - sorry to hear you lost your twins. I hope you'll find some help here & that you're not here too long.

Belinda - I'm with Kerry - try some relaxation - maybe buy a sleep meditation cd, they really can help a lot.

Missy - Typing here is painting procrastination in fine form! DH took DD out so I could finish the family room... Speaking of DH re bd tiredness - we watched a show on telly about critters that are hermaphrodites & can impregnate themselves & DH looks at me & says "I wish you were a hermaphrodite, at least I might get some sleep!" LOL

Shan - I so wanna see that hairdo! LOL I asked the temp q's at the top of this page. But can you point me to a link that will explain what I should be doing & looking out for a bit more? Should I start straight away jic or wait until AF shows her ugliness (be gone, witch, be gone!)

Mwa xx to everyone!

Hi to everyone in here. I thought I'd pop in to let you all know that I'm back from my chrissy hols. I hope you are all well. I will come back later to catch up and do personals. As for me I'm on cd 3 and am due to see fs on Thursday to see what our next plan will be.
    I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Hi Cilmum,...go into Fertility Friend dot com and sign up. You'll be able to read all about charting as they have an ebook that explains EVERYTHING...you'll also be able to set up your charts and put in your temps every day and when you use OPK etc. You'll get the full package free for the first 3 months which is great coz you learn a lot, but after that it goes to basic membership free or you can pay a fee to have the whole thing. Well worth it, plus you'll be able to do yourself up a ticker to add to your sig here, so we can all see how your chart is looking....actually, click on my ticker and it will take you to my page and you'll get an idea of what it's like...good luck and if you have any more q's just ask

skyymum Guest

Hi everyone, I am new to BB and am TTC to conceive no.3 after a miscarriage in July. We just started trying last month and when my periods arrived instead a lot of emotions and questions came up for me. Am I too old (37), was the miscarriage telling me something? I dearly want a third child and have been lucky falling pregnant quickly in the past. I am so preoccuppied with when the time is right for our next attempt. I'm wondering how you stay positive in between ovulation and doing a hpt???

skyymum Guest

Default TTC to #3

Hi everyone, I am new to BB and am TTC to conceive no.3 after a miscarriage in July. We just started trying last month and when my periods arrived instead a lot of emotions and questions came up for me. Am I too old (37), was the miscarriage telling me something? I dearly want a third child and have been lucky falling pregnant quickly in the past. I am so preoccuppied with when the time is right for our next attempt. I'm wondering how you stay positive in between ovulation and doing a hpt???

Hi girls... Just got back from a lovely day and night away with my mum in Melb went shopping BIGTIME got some great stuff very happy including new towels and bathers for the holiday i have booked to Merimbula at end of March/early April... Made sure i got stretchy tops just incase i fall pg you never know... Oh and won $60 bucks on the roulette would have been a bit more but i kept going cos i was having fun thought i would go down till i won $50 bucks + the $20 i put over at start... YAY for me...

Hi to Ladybug so sorry to here about your loss.. Fertility Friend was great for me my periods were all different lengths so i never knew when i was Oing so i did that for one month and fell pg well worth checking out...

Shan test test nah only joking i dont know how your holding out... Cilmum im sure you will catch the egg soon hopefully this month is the winner.. I hope you both get very soon...

Missykg have fun bding all weekend...

Missbelinda i know exactly how you feel i do the same thing but not as bad as yours though..... Every second night i have a really bad night toss and turn and take ages to go to sleep (usually stay up late watching BAD tv) its ok at the moment cos im on holidays but when i go back to work i want to be out of this thing............ But im lucky i do go to sleep.... Im doing the whole POSITIVE thinking i know its hard but if we think negative and sad all the time your body reacts in a bad way and it might take longer to fall pg ( i did +ve thinking when we tried b4 angel baby for the first time since ttc i kept being -ve that it wouldnt happen etc and thinking =ve worked that time) well thats what i think... Unfortunately our first child and our angel babies were needed in heaven to watch over us and take care of our future children.. Have you thought of getting a journal i did and if im feeling down i write in there how im feeling we are also buying a standard rose and a angel garden statue to go next to our front door so we will always remember our angel baby....

And as for me on the temping front i forgot to do it this morning oh well im getting fertile cm and a little sensitive bbs when i lie down which is a sign im oing so i dont know maybe i am cant really do much about it this month anyway cos i want to get one af b4 really trying.....

Well i have just had a complete meltdown... TMI but we just dtd (using protection just incase) and afterwards i burst into tears it brought up all these feelings i feel sad that all i could think about was our baby.... We hadnt been dtd during the pg because well i didnt feel like it and we had done sooooo much leading up to it that i thought that would do.. lol... I dont know if i am strong enough to do this i was sooo +ve but now i feel like my world has crashed again, i have the sick feeling again, i have a full on ache that had subsided to a dull ache, i have the worry of what if this or what if that.... I think i have been putting up a BIG front and really im not ok im in pain and hurting everyday....

Its currently 1am but i had to get out of bed couldnt stop crying and needed to get some things off my chest......... After such a upbeat post earlier i feel stupid now..... I have sooo many questions for myself??? Should i rush back into this??? Is my angel ok??? Why me??? I feel almost as though this was my destiny that this was always meant to be a part of my life i had always thought over the yrs would i be the one to have a miscarriage and when we fell pg it was always at the back of my mind the nagging feeling something wasnt right why didnt i listen to my senses????

Sorry girls i really needed to get this off my chest..

Oh Jane, I wish I was there to give you a hug! There are so many emotions that go along with trying again after a loss. There is excitement at new hope, there is sadness because you feel you should be pregnant or holding your baby by now, and sometime anger at why things are so hard. I have dealt with all the feelings you are feeling and just know that we are here for you. Sometimes a good cry will get some of those feelings out that you thought were buried and it feels good. I have told many people that sometimes you should just have a good ole cry! My DH has even told me at times that he feels like he should have a good cry! I've heard people say that DTD can bring up some of the emotions you are feeling so just know that all of these are normal and I hope you get some peace really soon!

Thankyou missykg you neally set me off again i think i have been holding it all in too much i think i might mention to my close friends that im really not coping as well as i thought as one of them had just announced her second pg when i m/c and i cant handle her talking about it aaalllll the time but dont want to ruin her time by saying i cant here this the main thing is she is whinging about how sick she is and how she was never this sick with Leah its soooo a boy etc. I was so sure i was having a boy and all i keep thinking is and want to scream it is "JUST BE BLOODY GLAD YOUR PG AND STOP WHINGING" thanks again your amazing....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast