Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ December 2006

Good Morning

Hope All the best for your scan today. I love the nickname Pinchy too btw.

LisaL sorry that your bf is going through a bad time atm. How are you going hun?

Shan Have you tested again hun? What's happening on the job front???

Lind I completely understand how you are feeling atm
    My step sister (drug addict) just gave birth to number 7 on Sunday. Can't believe some people fall so easily,makes me so mad. I only found out yesterday when I rang my mum and she burst into tears when she realised I was on the phone. Mum said she couldn't tell me because she knew how upset I would be as she knows what we've been going through. I can't even go outside my house these days without seeing preg women as 2 of my nieghbours are preg one is due today and the other is due in Feb both were unplanned. I'm happy for them but it just makes me sad iykwim.
    Sorry for the rant.
    I hope you are all having a great day. I'll be back later for more personals.

Hi everyone, just seeing how everyone is going.

Tanya, I especially wanted to come in and see how you are. I have everything crossed that you will be announcing BFP this cycle and with a blue bundle.

Sprinkling tonnes of

Good Morning my lovelies..xxxxxxx

Lind - We ALL have days like that, so vent away. It happens to all of us, as Mako also said, so we know what you are going through hun. I can remember one of my best friends had just had her 3rd bubba when i found out i was pg after trying for 18 months. Sadly i m/c my little angel, and nearly 3 years later, my friend is pg with her 5th. I love her and her kids to bits, but the hard part is knowing that she's had 3 babies whilst i've been waiting for my first and it's so hard when you are TTC as to how many pg women you seem to notice moreso than beforhand....big hugs to you and we're all here for you.

Mako - Dito to you as per above. Rant away darling, we all need to do it sometimes. I haven't tested again, and i don't think that i will. I'd rather wait for AF than get another BFN. On the job front, I still haven't heard back from the one that i had an interview for last Wednesday, so i'm assuming i didn't get it. I did however apply for an even better job yesterday, which will see me in the one office all the time and with more variety in the job. I originally didn't want to get back into this line of work, but when i saw that ad something told me to apply, so whoever said that if i didn't get the last job that something better would come along...they were right. Now to get an interview...hehehe

Kazz - Hi lovely, how are you. Hope you doing well and nice to see you dropping in. I think we're all praying for Tanya to bet a BFP with a little blue bundle this month...lol

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all doing well and lets all get out of here hey! I think its about time we cleared this thread...xxxxxx

Megan76 Guest

Lind - the "why me's" are totally normal! All of my best friends have had healthy babies with no problems and i had my moments where i wondered why i was being punished. It does get easier......
    Lisa - i am getting there! 2 more weeks till the first trimester over and then i might breathe!!!!
    Shan - i am glad i am not the only one with no idea sometimes!!!!! What's happening with the job?

Hope you all have a good day!

Megan76 Guest

Shan - posting at the same time....good luck with the job!!!
    Mako - until i was trying i had no idea how many pregnant people were out there! It is ridiculous, i think i could sniff them out!!
    Hope - good luck again!!

morganj Guest

Shan - good luck with the job application!!

Yes it seems we are surrounded by pg women whilst ttc. I know a few of my close friends have had both their kids during their time we have been ttc'ing.

Morning girls.

Hope - how annoying after all the stress! Good luck for the scan today. I love the name Pinchy!

Lind & Mako - I totally understand and it is ok to think 'why me?' We all do, it's only natural. I see pg women everywhere too - I think they are stalking me. I don't think anyone really understands what this feels like unless they have been there, so some people can be so insensitive and just not realise how much it hurts us thinking of what could have been.

It's funny - if anyone IRL announces their pg (and a few friends are trying, so I am expecting announcements any time now), I can't help but feel happy for them, but of course also sad, and will have a good cry on my own later. But I feel totally different about you guys. I really really want each of you to get a BFP and soon and am so happy everytime I hear of someone who has had a m/c getting a BFP or having a healthy baby.

Bun, I guess because we know the pain & suffering we have all gone through it makes it even nicer when one of us falls pg. Some people try & fall straight away & think that that happens for everyone else as well - unfortunately not so. I also hate to hear people whinging about being pg or talking about mistakes-it takes all my self control not to say something. You can't let this whole TTC thing make you bitter & twisted though & I hope we will all overcome adversity & triumph in the end!Life sure can be tough......
    Hope - look forward to hearing all about your scan
    Shan- goodluck with the job - hope you get an interview & everything falls into place.
    Lisa - how are you going? Getting closer to testing. I don't know what to think this month...
    Goodluck for us all!

Hello gals,

Im going to try and catch up on personals,

Lind- oh sweety I know exactly what you mean. everywhere you look there goes a pg woman, everywhere you go someone announces a pg!! Take care of yourself and know that what you are feeling is completely normal and we all go through that and some days its worse than others. Chin up sweety, you will be carrying a little bean soon

Mako - its just so hard to avoid those pg people! I had to stand next to one on the train last night and all she was talking about was how her dh and her were so happy and excited and about all the stuff she had bought, I felt like telling her that the whole train didnt need to know this but I kept quiet. (I just realised we have both been ttc since the same time last year!).

And Bun is right, it always is easier and more accepting when its one of the bb gals! Bun - you must be counting down the days til you can officially ttc - only 7 weeks to go!

Hope - sending all the sticky vibes I can muster and praying for a wonderful scan result.

mummyto1 - where are you at in your cycle?? I dont know what to think either this cycle. One second I think 'oh s*** af is here, and the other I think 'oh maybe Im pg'. Only time will tell I suppose.

Megan - oh hun its soo close to your first real milestone, im thrilled to bits for you and cant wait for you to RELAX!

Tanya - how far in the tww are you now? Ive only got a few more days to go but im pretty sure af will arrive soon.

Shan - good luck with the job hun. Any news on your cycle? Im sorry if you have already posted this info - but i havent gone back to check!

Morganj - i hope af is treating you well and you have some magic this cycle.

Susie T, Cilmum, Princess, Kez and everyone else - hope you are all doing really well and getting busy making xmas bfp's

well i think af is on her way.,.grrr...having mixed symptoms but given the amount of af pain and bloating im pretty sure it will arrive any day. Ive got my work xmas party tomorrow arvo, having a bbq at the local lawn bowls club with a round of lawn bowls after the bbq. Now Im not sure whether to have a few drinks tomorrow! what do you gals think? 1 or 2 drinks should be ok in the tww??

Catch you all tomorrow,
    Lisa

Lisa, I am day 25 of a 28-31 day cycle so I don't know either. The last 2 times I fell pg I didn't have any real symptoms & don't really get any af symptoms until the last minute - lower back pain & sore tummy...I think I will test Saturday if af doesn't turn up in the meantime. I hope your symptoms are early pg NOT af - I think we start to condition ourselves so we are not too disappointed if af does show the same way we have imaginary pg symptoms. The mind is a powerful thing! I think a few drinks tomorrow will do you the world of good so go & enjoy yourself - lawn bowls can be lots of fun!
    Hi to everyone else...

I agree Lisa, go and have a few drinks and yes....lawn bowls is a lot of fun (especially after a few drinks hehehehee)

Well I was so nervous I thought I wouldn't be able to look at the screen BUT I did, we did and Pinchy was there doing all the things it was supposed to be doing. SO HAPPY!!! Good FHR of 154 bpm and it measured at 7 weeks 6 days which is ahead of what they said at the last scan. Sonographer also said the residual (whatever that is) around the sac looks really good. We're actually starting to believe this could happen.
    Lisa-- I totally agree with Mummyto1 about AF and preg. symptoms being similar. I had ongoing AF like pains even after my BFP. Good luck to you both this month. I'll be hanging out for when you guys are testing.
    Bun, Lind, MorganJ, Mako and Shan-- I know what you mean about being surrounded by pregnant friends and friends announcing their preg.s. I was at a wedding on the weekend and the bride was announcing that she was 13 weeks preg. She is such a great girl that she actually rang me the week before to let me know so i wouldn't hear it on the grapevine or atthe wedding for the first time. This friend actually lost a tube about a year ago so she was probably more thoughtful than most. I think on BB because we all empathise and see ourselves and our own battle to have healthy bubs in one another when one of us gets a BFP we think "that could be me!!" and the same goes for when one of us lose a bub. We all know how it feels and we wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    SusieT and all of you lovelies-- thanks a bunch for thinking of us today! I love knowing that you are all sending positive, sticky vibes to us!
    Megan-- I know it's daring but I think I just might add A TICKER!!! AAAARRGH! Every day is a day closer to us making our dreams a reality!

Hope, I am so glad to hear your appt went well! I hope you can start to get excited about this pg & the precious baby you will have in your arms at the end of the journey.

Hope, so glad you had such a wonderful appointment

Lisa, don't give up!! I agree with the girls... go and enjoy yourself!! I have just taken up lawn bowls and I LOVE it! You will have a ball!! I am now 7dpo... so just over half way.

Mummyto1, it's hard ttc when everyone who is pregnant around you complains constantly... makes you want to slap them and tell them how luck they really are!! Where are you in your cycle?

Bun, it's hard not to feel sorry for yourself when everyone else is happy, esp about their pregnancies... hang in there sweets it will be your turn soon

Kazz, thanx for popping in, I am still plodding along, I can't believe it is taking me so long to fall pregnant... I think it's karma!! LOL

Shan, thanx to you too I think we all want to see this forum EMPTY!! never to have anyone else join!! No more losses, wouldn't that be great! I remember saying to my sister after I lost my bub, we were discussing reasons for m/c... I said, "why get pregnant at all!" Meaning why does the egg fertilize if it is just going to end in loss...it's so hard!!

Anyway, 7dpo today... and time is ticking away rather slowly. I'll get there... eventually! Nothing exciting to add... no symptoms... *sigh*

Tanya

Good morning everyone,

Hope - I'm so pleased the scan went well. Congratulations hun :hugs:

Lisa - I agree with the others, relax and let your hair down. You never know, a little R & R could be just what the doctor ordered.

Shan, Bun, mummyto1, Tanya (sorry anyone I've missed but Hi too) I completely agree with you guys about dealing with pg people around you. One minute you wanna slap them for whinging and be happy for them at the same time. I found myself thinking last night... ":think happy thoughts think happy thoughts....".

As for me, I don't know if I'm reading too much into this but what do you guys reckon? Its been 3 wks since our m/c and haven't seen af yet. We decided to get back to it straight away, hence last weeks big weekend. Our theory was its worth a try and if my body isn't ready yet it won't happen. BUT, Sunday I had twinges on my left side (like O pain) and this week I've had mild stomach cramps like af is coming but its kinda weird. This is exactly how I felt last time we conceived. Only time will tell but I wanna know now!!!

Hope everyone has a nice day.

morganj Guest

Good Morning Ladies

SusieT - fingers crossed for you!! When will you test?

Hope - that is fantastic news about your scan!! Very exciting!

Well AF didn't show up after all - it was just spotting. So it's 9 weeks now since the m/c and still no AF. My temps are like the rocky mountains so am not sure I could be pg. Perhaps I'll test early next week just in case.

Hi gals - thanks for your advice re the drinks, well I thought I might get a couple into me today but I dont feel so good, so will see if that changes after we have lunch! Im starting to get a bit scared actually - as im having such conflicting symptoms my belly is still bloated and feeling af type pain but with some pulling, and started to have a little nausea, and bbs are still sore. But i hope its not just my mind playing tricks on me!

Susie - Im keeping my fingers crossed for you babe - hope your right and its a new pg brewing in your belly!

Tanya - hopefully its only 7 days to a bfp for you!

Hope - I am so thrilled honey and cant wait for you to start enjoying this pregnancy.

Shan / Tanya - Ive never played bowls before so i will let you know how it goes.

Morgan - maybe your body is getting ready for af? with my first loss it took just over 10 weeks for af to return. Maybe you should get some bloods done if it doesnt show by mid next week?

A big hi to everyone else - im off to lawn bowls soon so wont be able to check back til tomorrow.

have a great day girlies,
    Lis

Hi girls!

Hope - I am so happy that your scan went well - you have just put a huge smile on my face! I hope that you can try to enjoy this pregnancy, and yes, do add a ticker!!

mummyto1 - I also can't stand people whinging about pregnancy. Fair enough, I am sure there is lots to complain about, but it is such a blessing. In the Boo Hoo room on this site recently (just after my m/c) someone posted to complain that they couldn't take advantage of cheap flights as they would have been too pregnant at the time, and boy did I feel annoyed. I didn't write anything as the site is supposed to be supportive, but boy was I tempted. I know what I would rather have...

Lisa - all sounds good sweetie! I am looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow!

Tanya - I was saying the same thing after my m/c. I would rather to not have been pregnant at all and never expected to fall so soon anyway. Why does it happen only to end so badly?

Susie - good luck!

morganj - that is so frustrating! I hope it sorts itself out soon.

What was everyones first AF after m/c like? I got mine 6 1/2 wks after the m/c and it was light the first day, normal for the next four (and it would usually last about 5 days and spot for 1) but then I spotted for a day, it got a bit heavier the next day, and now has been spotting for 2 days, so is on the 8th day. Sorry for TMI - the blood has been quite brown for the last couple of days, like it's old blood, but it seems to have almost stopped today. Did anyone else experience this?

Hi to everyone else. I hope you are all going well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast