Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ July 2006 #3

Lisa THanks I think I would like to stick around in here with such a lovely group of ladies its nice to know that my fears are normal and that I am not alone, I hope Oct is a lucky month for us I htink my only worry is that this time we are going private cause its just been a nightmare in the public system for me and I just couldn't do it again with out knowing that I would have good care etc... so I just get a little worried that if I do happen to be lucky in Oct what if I were to have the baby early as we only got our private cover in june on the 15th so we are walking a very fine line making it so close but I am trying not to think about that at all LOL hehehe just the thoughts that are currently running through my brain

Naomi yeah Oct is not far away at all is it when you think how fast this year has gone and christmas is not even 6 months away just amazing, I cant wait to join you all in the actuall TTC journey.

and congratulations again Jayne that is great news

kirsty Guest

Not sure if I've said hi to you yet Amy so Hi, looks like we'll be embarking on the TTC journey about the same time ~ we are hoping to get the go ahead in September so if we are still in the running after that appt we'll be starting straight away.

Yay Jayne...that's fantastic news... . Congratulations, now throw some of that babydust my way...and to everyone else as well...

Amy - nice of you to join us. Good luck for October, and i'm sure you'll be a great support to us all in here between now and then, and then we can take over and look after you for a while...

thanks girls,

Kirsty thanks for your welcome, and yeah it does look that way hey which is great, actually if I may I might ask you a question, I had a m/c in Dec of 2005 @ aprox 4 weeks and then one in April 2006 @ 14 weeks so do you think it would be the best thing if I made an appointment to see a Dr just to make sure everything is going ok in regards to my body getting back to normal and check iron levels etc... as I really am focusing on just being healthier for this next time round??? it is confusing as each time I saw a Dr I was told something different so I am a little lost as to weather I just go and start ttc in Oct or get the all clear.

Shan Thank you so much I am looking forward to being a support in here and it will be great to be looked after when it is my turn.

My pleasure Amy. I suppose to ease your mind, i'd go and see your gp and just ask if there is anything that you could be doing etc, to see the next pg to the end. You might find that they send you off for a full bt to check EVERYTHING out, and if they don't, then ask for it to be done. At least then you can get a good overview on your hormone levels and also your nutritional levels as well....

Hey Amy,
    What a little blossom you are to Naomi! You sound like the best SIL in the whole world, I wish my SIL's were like you! I agree with Shan, go back to the Dr and get him to do the full round of BT's so you know you've got a clean bill of health and a licence to get naked!!!

Michelle - My little cupcake, please don't be so sad. It breaks my heart to hear you like this, you're always the ray of sunshine full of motivation, encouragement and enthusiasm. Please don't lose sight of the elusive goal that's waiting at the end of the rainbow. I know that the road seems so long and full of speed humps and traffic lights and one way streets, but it's not always going to be like that. You are a mother and a wonderful on at that and you're going to make Caitlyn so very, very proud of you as she watches down on you with a little bundle of joy in your arms.

Love Jayne

Jayne - you just made me cry. Those words are so lovely, just like you. It just feels like the end of the rainbow is always another rainbow away. Only one of those bad days. I'll be better soon. Thank you for being there xx

kirsty Guest

Amy ~ I agree with what Shan had to say, I would go & see your Dr just to be on the safe side, just tell him you want to check all your levels before you start your TTC journey.

Shan ~ don't think I've said hi to you either yet, sorry , so here's a big HI & welcome to our little group.

Huge hi's to everyone else, just a flying visit at this stage as I've gotta get my butt into gear & go & do the shopping.

just popping in to say hello and to sprinkle a little more baby dust around for you to rub into you tummies.

Hope you are all well.

Have a great day shopping Kirsty.

Jayne any more news at this stage.....cant wait to see you over in the paml fulltime.

hello to everyone else. Big hugs to all.
    Nola xx

Unhappy

Well girls I think I am already out

Came to Wednesday evening and DP and I started to BD but he could'nt finish!! He still couldn't when very early in the morning. I felt all rejected and we had a massive fight where I refused to talk to him. I went for a drive in the morning and cooled off somewhat... came back and apologized... we tried again (nothing like make up sex) still couldn't finish! He got called in for work for the afternoon and didn't come home until midnight... still couldn't finish!! Urgh!! I cried and he told me it wasn't my fault (because this NEVER happens!!) He said he thinks it's the pressure to ejaculate that is causing him not to be able to climax. So we lay in bed talking and got a lot of stuff sorted out, which was fantastic. I told him how much stress ttc is and that is why I cried, I told him that there is only a very short window to operate within and the lead up is very stressful. I told him that last month we had a great chance, but we aren't pregoo, and this month we are going to have NO CHANCE (he was of the thought that a woman could get pg anytime!! I haven't taught him very well have i!!??)!! So we had another play and FINALLY go the job done @ 1am!! I hope we have a chance, I still had plenty of EWCM and my cervix was veeery open, so I am hanging on to that, but only just!

Problem is yesterdays temp... it was a little higher than expected (although I had next to NO sleep due to stressing about no BDing I think maybe 2hrs all up), I hope I didn't O too early, oh well, time will tell... *sigh*

Jayne, congrats on those fantastic numbers!!

GL today Naomi!! I hope you get the all clear

Shan, I hope those sore BB is a good sign... maybe you are going to O? Maybe you should get some BDing in... jic.

Shell, I am soooo sory AF turned up

Lisa, it aint over this AF arrives!!

Must have missed your post yesterday Jayne. Huge congrats on your levels, You are so going to have the most precious gift in your arms in just under 8mths. woo hoo.

CONGRATS again my friend.

My Michelle - I know exactly how you feel hun. Ive been pretty down these past few days too. Ah the ttc journey, full of highs and lows, I guess we will just have to ride out this low together. Hold my hand missy and we will get through this sad time and keep on going with our quest to have little bubba's in our arms.

Jayne - about time you made an announcement!! Yipeee on the hcg results, sounds like things are going perfectly! will be praying that you get through the next two weeks without too much anxiety. And dont forget us in here when you move over to PAML!! Yes im v excited about being a god mum!

Amym - As long as you dont get pg within three months of taking your cover, you will be safe. My angel was due in July 06 and I had taken my cover in March 05. So technically I would have been covered for bubba's birth. When I was diagnosed with ectopic pg I still went through as private, and the company disputed my claim at first, but because it wasnt a pre existing condition, they covered it. I have heard good things about public system but I will go private when the time comes, especially with what happened to me, had I been public they probably would have sent me home with a 'threatened miscarriage' and god knows what could have happened if the tube ruptured!

Tanya - OMG what a bd story!! Im glad you guys managed to talk it through and be open about your anxiety. There is nothing worse than holding it all inside. And yay on being able to get those little suckers swimming!! Dont discount anything just yet, with EWCM and open cervix, anything is possible. And it might happen when you least expect it.

Shan - what is happening with you matey? Sore bbs are a good sign, have you had any other symptoms?

Sarah, Kirsty - l cant wait to hear all about your ttc journey once it all starts. Hope it is short and very sweet for you both (and for Amym too..)

Shell - you have been a litlle quiet poss?? What are you up to....

Naomi - hope its going well at u/s and you get some answers love. Thinking of you today.

I hope I havent missed anyone out...

ME - still no 'real' af, just tiny bit of spotting, but af pains are quite strong. Still have sore bbs. My cycle has gone mad!!

Have a lovely day,

PS Thanks Nola, you and Jayne will have to take it in turns now to dump baby dust in here!!

Morning everyone....

Kirsty - thanks for the welcome

Lisa - Don't really have any other symptoms. I bit of heartburn now and then, and i can remember having that pretty bad last time, so you never know....i don't think i am pg though...

Tanya - i know how you feel re. the BDing on command. Except our problem was with me. I just kept drying up too much because i really struggled with it all. DH found it wierd too, but we just had to try not to think about it sooo much. The first time was the worst, but each month it seemed to get easier...GL

Nola - I'm taking a bit of that babydust you've been sprinkling around....thanks for that.

Have a great day everyone...

Oh yeah, someone asked me would I mind if I were pg with a girl...
    The answer... I would love to finally have a baby boy, but if I do have another girl, I will love her as much as all my other children. I don't deny I will be disappointed if when finding out that our next child is a girl, but I will love her none the less

I am still sensitive in my lower ab... so I hope hope hope it wasn't too late!!

Tanya

morning girls,

WOW thanks for all of your very helpfull advice and welcomes,

Shan and Kirsty I think you are right I think it would be great to know that I am in good health to ttc again I am a vegetarian so I always freak that I was just not looking after my self well enough and was just too unhealthy to carry a baby because my iron levels have been very very low in the past so I am determind to be healthy I am walking etc.. to lose a bit of weight and have lost around 12 kg which I am really happy about and am eating so much better not snacking on rubbish foods ( as much LOL ) and ice cream etc... ( my weakness that and chips hehehe ) but I am still eating what I want just adding in healthier stuff too and everything in moderation so fingers crossed that its working. so I think a dr's appointment is a good idea thanks girls

Lisa thanks I am always freaking out that I will miss out, I have heard heaps of great stuff about public too but I was one who missed out on the great stuff as with my 2 children I hated it I was stuck in room with 5 other women I had a midwife yell at me twice as she was so tired and just could not hack it anymore and was told off for getting in the wrong bed when the midwife said to me just go down to room ?? and hop in a bed I will be there in a tick OMG it was horrible, I just wanted to get out of there both times, with my first m/c when I went to the dr he said that I needed BT so I had one and it came back as my levels were 22 and had to be over 25 for him to confirm it so I ended up having about 6 bt's to check that I had indeed m/c but on one occasion I had to see a different dr and he said 'what are you worring about its way to early to know if your pg you are just having your period so just go home and relax' the other dr rang me to tell me to disregard this other dr's comments and come back in to be checked it was just so confusing, and with my m/c in April I was away at the time on a holiday so was treated in a private hospital but a country one and they had not dealt with this kind of thing for years, but were great and once got home I went to my dr who refered me to the womens clinic in the local public hospital who then lost my referal and then when I rang she said hang on and went looking she came back and asked me why I was ringing and when I m/c and how far along I was??? , when I told her she said OMG you had been put on a waiting list for a d&c and would be contacted in 11 or so weeks as we are just so busy get in your car and go to emergency NOW so we did and waitied 6 hours to find that I just had to go home again till the morning all just to confusing and to busy they are just flat out and I feel sorry for the dr's but I think that private is the way I want to be from now on, but as I said some of my best friends have been public and have loved it just depends on who you get and how busy they are I supose, I am glad to hear that things did not go that far for you and that you got the care you needed at that time GL and thankyou.

Tanya I am gad to hear that you got it all sorted that must have been a night of hell for you both sometimes these things are hard to get out and to actually say I hope you get a BFP next time you test

Naomi I know I said this to you in the phone this morning but I will say it again good luck and dont be to scared I am thinking of you.

Jayne Naomi is like my real sister and is a deffinately part of our family I am lucky to have her I have tried to form bonds with my SIL's on my dh side of the family only to have them thrown back in my face, Naomi is a very special and accepting young lady and I would do anything for herand I know my mum feels the same way too we are very lucky to have her in our lives. LMAO @ a licence to get naked hehehehehe
    Last edited by *Elle*; July 13th, 2006 at 11:56 AM.

Amy, i just wanted to say how sorry i am that you had to go through all of that with the doctors and everything. Sounds to my like Private is definately the way to go for you. Reading through your little saga makes me really appreciate the medical care that we get here in the country. I wouldn't dream of going private here, as our little hospital is fantastic, all new mums get their own rooms and the staff are wonderful. I guess this is a definate advantage of living in the country hey....i don't think i could handle being in a city hospital....so you go private girly and get the care you deserve!!!

Wow chattery bunch arnt we?? LMAO

Amy - you are the sweetest!!

Ok well lady wouldnt tell me much, she was really really really nice. She wouldnt show me the screen, nor would she tell me what she saw, she complimented me on my ovaries, saying they are really nice big ovaaries and a good lying uterus?? ok!
    Rick was at the end and saw the scan and the tv, said he could see my ovaries and one looked real clear and the other had another round circle thing near it!!!
    But other than that, nothing! I have to wait til monday, although i do not mind at all.
    After starting the scan the lady got confused as to why i was in there, going why does your Dr want this done? and you got a + on a hpt and you have hcg levels? even if its just? but then said everything looked good, she stuck to one side with the outside scan i think she went over once to the other side but stayed on my left hand side and the middle. (which is where rick saw the circle thing). So who knows
    Oi and whats up with the Dildo Cam------ its HUGE, and she's like dont worry most of that is the handle, im like hhhmmm sure LMAO

ok sorry for no personals its so hard trying to keep up with you girls sometimes!!!

Ok Jayne im glad to hear you have made your announcement, im heading over there now to check it out!

OMG yes its so hard to keep up in here!!

Naomi - you sound a lot more positive, hopefully Monday will bring you some better news!! And its great that you and amy have each other - what a wonderful relationship. me and my SIL are just starting to get close, and it really is like having a sister of your own (i dont have one )

Amym - what an experience, so totally understand why you really want to go private. You will be safe unless you get pg ths month!!

Shan - I had heartburn when I was pg - that was the first thing that made me suspect I was pg. I had eaten my usual lunch and then bang heartburn and I never get heartburn! So I rang ob and the receptionist suggested I do a pg (I also had spotting but no af) and sure enough it was a bfp. Without getting your hopes up - it does sound promising. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Michelle - hope your feeling better possum. Just want to send big HUGE cyber hugs your way

Big cheerio to everyone else, no time for more personals be back later though..

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast