Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ March 2009

Hello again everyone and "top of the morn'n to ya 'al" hehheheheh
    Well I woke up from the best sleep after my totally relaxing day yesterday and saw some more silver linings in my dark cloud! In my heart I truly desire to have at least 12 months off work when I have my first bub... As it was I would have had 6 mths, than hubby was going to have a month off so we would have got 7 months solid looking after them before juggling grandparents looking after them while I go back to work 2-3 days a week.... In many ways we are blessed to be so flexible anyway and to even have 7 full months with bubs.... AND would have been totally blessed to even just 'have' them!!! Anyway the silver lining you ask?... Perhaps now I will get my 12 months (or more) with that little bit more time to save and perhaps bring in some extra $$$.

I am a true believer in actively creating my life and co-creating it with my hubby... Time and time again I see evidence of it and it blows me away... Then other times I see evidence of it showing up in ways I hadn't really expected just to find that when I had manifested it I hadn't been 'specific' enough! SO, I am going to do some meditating and clear visulisation of getting my period back in 4 weeks and ovulating 16 days later than 'hey presto' get pg, then give birth to healthy and happy twin boys in Feb 2010!!!! so that works out to be early May for the conception date.... If it does happen to take 6 weeks it'll be mid may... sallyk61 will you be strating to try again in May?

Ok so I might be stretching it a little bit with the twin boys We would like 3 children and had wanted a boy first and twins but I wasn't ever 'really' sure about the twins, I have a romantasised vision of one baby at a time so wasn't really sure but now I really would like the twin boys and I know hubby would... BUT then on the other hand I see so many adorable little girls so we don't really mind what we have! However I do need to visualise something and make the image clear, so it does need to be one or the other so it'll be twin boys!

Regardless of the outcome I know everything is perfect and this tradedgy in the midst of it must have happend for reasons I can see now and for MANY more that we will discover later and don't have a chance of knowing about right now either.... Girls my positivity may drive you all crazy at times so feel free to tell me to go away if you are in the midst being so disappointed that you just don't want to hear it... AND I pray I am not TTC for too long and have all my positive vibes slaped out of me with some harsh reality YICKES CANCEL CLEAR that comment! I will conveive in MAY!!! We will all conceive VERY VERY soon!!!!! heheheh I haven't seen many of these happy bounce little faces on this thread.

Have a great day everyone xo

Toccara - Its great you have found a doctor you like and who will support you. I hope she helps you to get your sticky BFP real soon.

Abbey - Glad your feeling more positive. Hope the preseed helps.

sally - Its great you get to attend a ceremony to farewell your angel. I hope it brings you some closure .

greenslw - You have had a busy weekend! Goodluck with the new job.

cherished - Good on you for taking the time to pamper yourself . Glad your feeling so positive.

boble - Sorry AF showed , and with such bad timing. I hope she's not being too hard on you.

jen - cycle bud!

AFM - I've started the sertraline and am feeling pretty doped out. I'm in another kind of TWW, waiting for the side effects to stop. Thankfully they aren't too bad, just enough for me to feel sh**ty.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Good morning Ladies,
    Had such a fun night last night. We had our 18 month nephew sleep over last night. Had a lovely picnic at the park for dinner, he loves watching the other kids!! Poor baby has a bad cold but our house has this calming effect on him (apparently their is a very old soul here and they must be very calming).. Poor thing was in a coughing fit at 12 last night then slept till 7:30!! He is such a good boy for us now. Just chilling drinkning milk and watching Mary Poppins now (he LOVES musicals!!).

Hannah - I am really looking forward to Thursday, so so nervous and know how tough it will be but so good too. i spoke to a lady at work who had a similar thing to me 16 years ago and she was such a mess talking to me last week. I felt so distressed, like how was I going to cope if 16 years later her wounds are so so raw still?
    Ive now realised although we have had terrible luck, we had it in a time were help was expected to be taken and readily avaliable. even this ceremony shows how the views have changed so much!! That is a huge saving grace I guess!!!

Cherished - Hopefully I will get my cycle started very soon. Started Acupunture last wednesday so hopefully I'll have my period in 2 weeks or less.
    It is so wonderful your so positive, you should run with it and never worry!! you sound a lot like my girlfriend!! I cant quite turn things but I get there in the end just takes me 10x longer then her!!!
    I reckon well be mid to end of April. I think we worked out if we get preggers 1st time well have an early feb baby too. Perfect for us, I'll get the long school holidays paid then straight into being the best mummy ever!!

Greenslw - Good luck tomorrow. Im sure our mantra will work with that too!!!

Default yoohooo - AF.. where did you go????

well... im not sure what is going on with my body. AF seems to have gone MIA??? After last nights efforts, i woke up this morning and there has been no spotting (so far) and no AF in any way shape or form... i know i should be glad about this... but it scares the heck out of me because a similar thing happened last time I was preg.. and you all know how that ended up.

guess I will just wait it out and see what happens. I dont' know if I am for a bfp or for af to show up quickly so at least I have the "my cycles are shorter" silver lining *sigh* oh well... one or the other will happen soon enough and at this part of the game there isn't anything that i can do to sway it one way or another.

Sally - glad to hear you had a good night last night. he sounds like a cutie

Hannah - i hope the side effects ease up soon

Cherished - I love your positivity! i think we often need a bit of that in this thread, it kind of balances us out at times when we need some chucked in there, im sure everyone will agree - so don't you go anywhere... at least til you get your bfp in May

Jen - glad to hear FF is being good this month.

to everyone else i hope you all have had wonderful weekends xx

Hey all again,
    Just thought I'd ask has anyone tried 'Maybe Baby', the thing you lick?
    We used it and got pregnant first try we are going to use it again this time.
    xxoo

Cherished - I am so glad your so positive!

kazaraz--I'm sorry to hear that you've been dx with PCOS. Best of luck with your BT's and DH's sperm analysis! Sorry, but not sure about your question about fertility meds increasing the chance of multiples--hope someone else can answer that question for you.

Shortcake--Happy Saturday! Hope you're enjoying your weekend, and aren't spending the whole time packing! *hugs*

Hannah--Hey, cycle bud! You got yourself a ticker! Sorry to hear the meds are making you feel doped out--at least you don't have some of the more profound side effects that some people get. I hope your body adjusts quickly, and you begin feeling like a new you soon! Big *hugs*

megsmum--Congrats on your (maybe) baby girl! Hope she behaves on Monday and gives you a clear shot for confirmation!

Milbindi--It is with heartache that I welcome you to our humble little thread. A m/c is so traumatic, and even with the most supportive partner, we are still left feeling so isolated.... how tragic that you were away on business and without a supportive hand to hold! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Rhi--It takes a while to get back into the 'swing of things' as far as feeling the pleasure in TTC. The men are always ready and willing, where as we tend to feel like we're going through the motions for the specific purpose of getting pg. I remember I was waaaaaaay less inclined to be in the mood when it wasn't an opportune moment for conception. In my case, DF was patient with it for a while, but helped me realize how important it is to enjoy being with each other just for the enjoyment of being with each other--without the added stress of 'making a baby', so to speak. Hope that everything works out with O today!

mollycat--You're standing on the edge of the gutter..... we're calling you.... "join us in the gutter.... it's much better here!" C'mon, you know you want to! If nothing else, at least out of morbid curiosity!

sally--I like that saying "fake it 'til you make it".... sounds a bit like my last year! I'm glad to hear that the kids made for an easy-going day for you on Fri, especially after your rough start. Kids have a knack for picking up on things like that.... like they can read your soul through your eyes!

I pray you find peace and closure at the ceremony for your angel on Thursday--it's a beautiful way to say goodbye. It will be tough, I'm sure, but I'm sure you'll be so grateful that you were able to do that--it's very honorable! *hugs*

How fun that you got to have a sleep-over with your nephew! I'm sure it wasn't only your home that had a calming effect on him, but all your love and attention that you showered upon him!

cherished--I'm glad to hear that the D&C went well, and you're not feeling much pain. Your positivity is inspiring--don't apologize for it! Keep it coming--we can ALL use a dose of some positivity in our lives! I also wanted to tell you ( a little late, I know!) that I don't think it's strange at all that you preferred the D&C over a natural m/c. In my case, I was having contractions every 1 min. while I was driving with my son in the back seat... to come home and 'deliver' my angel while on the toilet--alone, with DS in living room, and DF at work. It was only less painful than a full-term birth because of the size (8 wks.), but the contractions were just as painful as normal labor--without the joy of holding your baby in your arms at the end. It's horribly traumatic--not that a D&C isn't, because I've also had one of those--but it's.... less difficult than facing that feeling of having to flush your angel down the toilet. Well, that ended on a depressing note.... sorry! Maybe I should've said that bit here, NOW about your inspiring positivity! lol...

Sorry about that..... had to step away for a few.... continuing on....

Angels 1&2--You make me You sound just like me.... finding comfort in knowing that you're always right, with him just thinking that he is!

Oh, wait.... what's that I hear?.... Do you hear it, too? It's the gutter.... it's beckoning you! Come join us! LMAO!

boble--Not sure about the magnets.... but I'd be interested to know what you find out! Hmm... how weird for AF to go MIA so quickly! Hope things get worked out soon!

Mandy-- and of course you're welcome to join us! mollycat responded beautifully about what to write. Sometimes you may not feel like posting, but you may find comfort just from reading what other's are saying. Other times you may feel like no one else in the world understands what you're going thru, and you feel like you need to vent to those of us that 'get it'. And we won't just cluck our tongues and sympathetically shake our heads and feel uncomfortable because we don't know what to say the way those IRL tend to do. Just be yourself...

mrzbaby--Hope you found a new vehicle that you're happy with! How exciting--I love that new car smell!

erybery-- You're in my thoughts and

Argh.... have to go again for a few.... big for everyone! Always thinking of you all!

Hello!

Sounds like most have had a great weekend (so far)!

Welcome to Milbindi & Mandy. You will find this a terrific thread for support, information, advice, somewhere to vent etc.... Hopefully your visit will be short.

MO3B - Sheesh, you'd think AF would get the hint. She is one of those people who think they are wanted and loved, but are not and don't get it!

Sally - Hugs hun - hope the champagne helped! I am thinking of finding out the sex next time, but I'll have to do it on the sly cos dh is adamant he doesn't want to know... Maybe Baby didn't work for us. I think I produce too much estrogen and it shows up ferns all the time - weird huh? If anyone wants a free MB, let me know. It is sitting in the bottom of a cupboard somewhere.

Boble - Can't answer your magnet question - sorry. I wonder if it was implantation bleeding rather than af? Could that be it or is it too early/late and too much blood?

mrzbaby - Sorry to hear you might be out this month... I try to think of the opposite, that if you think of what you want, you'll get it and also if you think of what you don't want, you might get it....

Cherished - Glad all went well with the D&C and that you are feeling better. I've heard the same thing about the currette too. Good on you for treating yourself like that. Might have to so the same, although I really need to do some housework, my poor house must feel neglected too at the moment! Your positivity is catchy, gonna get me some!

Toccara - So glad you have a great obs/gyn - makes a world of difference.

Abbey - WTG with the preseed, sounds like a winner! Glad you are feeling sooo positive - sticky vibes

Congratulations Smi - a little princess!

Hello to - Mollycat, Shortcake, Hannah, Jen, megsmum, Greenslw, erybery and everyone else that I have missed or are just lurking at the moment!

AFM - DH & I spoke about bding and how I feel that I am/we are going through the motions. I told I feel like we have to bd all the time to just have a chance to fall pg, whereas some people announce they want a baby and fall pg straight away! argggg! Well, the faking til you make it put a smile on my face. I certainly am doing that well at the moment! Just wish this month is it - I am sooo impatient. Feeling a bit better today, particularly reading your posts and how most of you are feeling positive, makes me wanna join in too!

A quick question - does anyone know much about chinese medicine as opposed to naturopath to falling pg more quickly/easily? Twice I have been told to call this local chinese herbalist and I am thinking that the universe is trying to tell me something. I originally thought I'd stick with my naturopath until June this year and if no luck, switch to him, but now I am thinking I should change now - what do you think?

Toccara--Thanks, hon, I keep looking for my BFP, too! Maybe ours are hiding somewhere together! I'm really happy for you that you like your new Ob, keep us posted on your BT results!

Abbey--Glad you're enjoying the Preseed... looks like it came just in time! You sound very relaxed and positive-- my you caught 'Miss Eggy'!

Greenslw--I should've known that your students were adults! No child in their right mind would choose a nap! Good luck with your new job on Mon--I hope it's enjoyable for you. More good luck for your BT results on Tue!

cherished--Forgot to tell you: Well done on your day of self pampering! We should all take the time to pamper ourselves sometimes! (myself included! ) I'm glad that it made you feel better!

Mel--Hope you're enjoying your Melbourne trip! Hey you--get off that table! LMAO

Big for Angels 1&2, plc, fifi, MO3B, Mannie, meh, jackjack, coco,Possums, WTH, babymiracles, Easha, chappas, Krystie, tutmae, jenushka, smi, issy, &
    Tam

Hello and *hugs* for everyone else not mentioned! You're all in my thoughts and prayers!

Kazaraz - I was diagnosed with PCOS last year and used fertility drugs (clomid) to concieve. I was told by my ob that it doubles your chance of twins (normally about 1 in 80 but with clomid 1 in 40).

12. Default

First and formost.... Jen Jen.... you stay in that gutter girlfriend..... you have great company with MO3B and FIFI....... Mollycat myself will stay on the sidewalk where we can help you up when you see the error of your ways

RhiChiChi... one of the hardest things about TTC is the strain it puts on relationships. You get uptight about "will it ever happen" "is it this month" "please make it be this month" Making love with your partner becomes BD...... and he knows it and feels the same way most of the time. I dont have the answer for you.... I didnt have it for myself... but just know that it is so normal its rediculous and try to find some way of spicing it up again and remembering who you are to each other and have been to each other before TTC.
    Now as for the chinese herbs..... I had been on them for about 18 months. DH was also on them and they improved is swimmers mobility BIG time. Unfortunately they type of swimmers are still being worked on but at least now they do swim and make it there they just arent shapped the right way to make it in. I ve also used the chinese herbs for colds and stress...... both are great........ This is Dr Angel Reporting.... for further information please visit Doc Angel Dot Com........

Mandy..... Ditto to Jen s welcome and double ditto to Mollycats post too. The biggest biggest thing about being here is that you can TOTALLY be yourself... no trying to be happy when your not, not having to put a face on.... nothing... you just be you and its one of the only places in society we seem to be allowed to do that. So relax, put your feet up ..... when its your turn to cook the cyber cake come up with something that will make our mouths water but other than that... just enjoy being you without the mask.

Boble... well if you dont know if you want it to be AF or not then thats got me stumped... I dont know what to wish for you.... Ok... maybe I just wish that you get what you wish that you get....... there you go.... clear as mud.

Cherished.... I m so glad you have your beliefs on your side to help you through this tough time and I was soo happy to see you giving yourself some quality time. Glad it was a wonderful day for you

Hannah......When you start new meds or swap meds it sux.... I soooo wish that there was a faster way of working out which medication or combination is the right one for each person... maybe in the future there could be a way of doing a blood test and it will tell them exactly what combination to use. I cant even be of any use to you to tell you what combination worked for me because it would be pointless information to you. All I can say is dig deep to get through these 2 weeks and if you dont notice a huge difference at the end then go straight back to them and say something and dont put up with any standard line of "give it a month to see how it goes".... If you do have any questions Hannah you are welcome to PM me.......

Well thats enough for me for one post... just bout run out of smilies anyway....

Jen - what can I say - it's a lovely invitation to join you in the gutter, but it's more fun on the sidewalk with Angels1&Angel2. Just remember when it gets too much for you, we're here to help you out.

I don't think there's many left from when cyber cakes were handed out regularly, so I'll go first (and it helps that I'm on holidays this week so plenty of time to cook those yummy cakes (low cal too)

Slices of an irrestible gooey chocolate mudcake, lathered in fresh cream, topped with flakes of the most yummiest chocolate around. Everyone take a piece.

and and to everybody (I'm just hopeless at names)

Smi - what wonderful news of a little princess to join your family CONGRATULATIONS

Megsmum - thanks for answering my other post - I may pm you for more info once I twist DH's arms

thanks everyone for the replies..
    angel 1&2 - i guess a bfp would be nice - so long as the spotting stops (its scares me too much)... so if wishes are what you are offering... can you wish for a bfp AND for the spotting to stop i hope that isn't asking for too much hehe.

Mollycat - that cyber cake sounds delic! *takes a piece* mmmmm yum!

Rhichichi - Its so hard when you feel as though as though you are going through the motions.. sorry if tmi but dh makes sure I REALLY enjoy it too (usually involves lots of foreplay ) because if it feels like I am enjoying it too he feels as though it is "us together" and not just him "banging away" then he enjoys it more anyway. so it works out well for both of us - but it is so hard when you are both focusing on that one outcome rather then what it used to be about - iykwim. I hope you find some sugar and spice in the bedroom again soon xx.
    How does the maybe baby work?? if nobody else has wanted it then maybe it is something i should try?? i haven't really heard much about it before.
    I am hopeful maybe the bleed could be implantation.. (although i was kinda expecting af sometime between friday gone and this coming tuesday) last time i fell preg i had a strong implantation bleed.. i thought it was af arriving early.. even used a tampon but then when i went to change it (sorry, big on tmi today aren't I) it was only like a "light" part of af.... i thought that the little one had implanted in there good and proper so it was sure to stick... unfortunately not

Jen - you are always so dedicated with your persies.. wtg wish I could keep up so much lol.

Still no spotting or af... so i am hoping maybe it is a sneaky bfp??? maybe.. although not getting any symptoms at all - fake or otherwise oh well, shall wait it out.

Hi there to everyone else!

mummy_of_3_boys Guest

Hello Beautiful BB-ers

Just a quick little note say HI
    I hope you are all having a stressfree weekend. Hopefully I will get my act together and be back for persies tomorrow morning.

Oh yeah by the way.... anything you may have heard about me (innocent little me) being in the gutter is all lies lies lies!!!! They are trying to corrupt me but so far I am holding onto my sweetness and purity.

Here's some for you

Big group hug

P.s. I STILL HATE AF

Afternoon ladies

Jen cricky my lack of pain yesterday has sure been made up today... my tummy is sore! After doing maybe 45mins of house work after my post this morning I have been on my butt watching tv all day which is really annoying because I've actually got heaps of energy but the panadol & then nurofen have done nothing! I've got one more day off work tomorrow so I hope by Tues all the pain has gone away... And how much does it suck that I can't even have a bath!!! But on a positive note my skin is glowing and my hair and nails still look great

RhiChiChi I say do the chinese med thing... can't hurt,

sallyk61 my sister had a maybe baby thingo, the cells in your salvia change as you near ovulation so you know the best days to TTC, one pattern starts happening a few days before hand (which they say is good for TTC a girl) and than the pattern changes again on ovulation (I think) which they say is the best time to TTC a boy... Not sure how it worked for her and I did consider getting one myself but thought I would try the CM and BBT 1st. we were TTC for 4 cycles and charted my stuff on the 4th and fell pg so didn't need to get the maybe baby... Having done the charting I think it is better anyway because the changes in CM give you a better idea (more warning that ovulation is approaching) I also used the OPK sticks starting around day 12, can't remember when I got a + one, maybe day 14 & 15 than ovulated on day 16 sorry if TMI but HTH! The reviews I read on the net re maybe baby weren't that great, people who were doing all of the above said that the maybe baby results weren't always consistent with their other charting results. Your CM and BBT will never lie.

I hope the accupuncture works for you and you're back in cycle asap! I have got 2 sessions booked in before I will be expecting AF and I might even go tomorrow??? Will see how I feel, I thought it might be too early to start and I wanted give my hormones a chance to settle on their own but hey I need all the help I can get!

boble I hope santa brings you your chrissy prezzie!!! Perhpas you'd better write him a letter and send it off to the South Pole (or is it the North pole?) Ahhhhhhhhh you can tell I don't have any kids yet

HannahD hope you feel better tomorrow

mollycat I don't know about your low cal cake..... Mine went straight to my hips... MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE I HAD 2 PIECES CAUSE IT TASTED SOOOOOOOOO GOOD hehehe

mummy_of_3_boys I haven't believed a word they have said about sweet little 'ol you

Hope everyone had a great weekend... Does everyone work FT, PT, Cas or SAHM? O work PT

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mummy_of_3_boys View Post
    Hello Beautiful BB-ers

Oh yeah by the way.... anything you may have heard about me (innocent little me) being in the gutter is all lies lies lies!!!! They are trying to corrupt me but so far I am holding onto my sweetness and purity.
    Ohhh Ohhh Ohhhhh I sooooo lost it. PMSL............... let me just say MO3B... Purrrrrrrrrrr.....Meow

Hi all! Went back to my part time Sunday job today. So sad, i was leaving in June so i wouldn't get so tired now I feel like i can't...
    6 day weeks are toooo long but we need the money! Bugger!!

Cherished - a friend hated it, worked well for me and another 2 friends but not surprised it doesn't work for every one!! I liked it it was easy for me.
    I think the acupunture can help with everything, energy, moods, stress everything so it should be good i think.

Rhichichi - so strange!! i have a friend who always has positive pregnancy tests, has to have a blood test!!! Better to be different I say!!!

Jen - Im torn about thursday. my brain is consumed with it but i know it will be good!! (in the end)

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast