Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ March 2009

Greenslw - I don't think you are a hypocrite. You were being a bit indulgent, that's all, particularly considering how much we give up when we are ttc & pg.

MMEelissa - Welcome. Sorry about your loss. Sounds like you have some challenges to overcome, but your personality comes through as very positive. My gf did acupuncture and Chinese medicine and said that although she didn't fall pg, it was the best she felt for years.

Chappas - That is terrible about the migraines. I've never had one, so can only sympathise and assume that it is 100 times worse than a headache.

Sally - Bring on April! Sounds like you could use the break! Sorry can't answer your q about D&C, as I've never had one.

Mel - Thanks for making me feel better, I guess that would be true why I feel so terrible about those dark thoughts. Oooh, fingers crossed hun, sounds soooo promising, but agree about the false hope. You want to think positive but in the back of our minds we know what can happen. Shop anyway, can be such good therapy! Good luck with your new job.

Boble - I hate that comment 'we weren't even trying'. I really don't understand that' Anyway, I can understand how you are feeling. I have the green eyed jealousy monster lurking a bit too. I want it to be all our turns too.

Shortcake - I think it is best to call the gp. Hopefully they can give you some answers.

Jen, mummyofthreeboys, mannie, Hannah, mrzbaby, abbey and everyone else - hope you are all well and take care.

Nothing to report for me, just sore bb's for some reason, but I catch the train to work so maybe they are still defrosting from the freezing cold! Back at work for the next two days, then 5 days off -yay!
    Last edited by RhiChiChi; March 16th, 2009 at 07:58 AM. Reason: ? all through post for some reason

Smile Information time

It seams there is a lack of good infomation about making babies stick, any suggestions. I know about the caffein and this time I wont be touching anything chocolate, tea etc (very hard for a reformed 5 coffee a day ladie) I've stoped coffee all together but find it hard to give up chocolate and tea and even chi tea has caffein

I must admit I have been careful no alcahol, soft chease keep away from sick people but I don't think I've done as much as other people, do you think it makes a difference?

Today I'm on the interview panel for my old job (very odd) and I'm not at all focused, so I thought I'd come and mini vent in the hope of getting some good ideas for the plan (clinic tomorrow, plan on the way ) I like planning way too much

Hope everyone had a good weekend

Well..... CD9 and had a temp drop this morning. Didn't really think anything of it, since I usually O on CD12. But all of a sudden, out of nowhere, tonight I've got..... um.... lots of watery CM. Haven't BD'd since yesterday morning, so it's not Also have some O-type pains, tender bb's, and increased sex drive--look out DF! Looks like he'll be happy tonight! Anyhow, can't get that done while I'm on here, so will have to get going!

Jen- Best of luck I am thinking of you.

Hugs to everybody It's been 4 weeks this week since my D&C and praying my cycle will return I have been taking my vitamins and eating perfectly Hopefully this will be a lucky month for everyone.Take care chat soon.Ohhhh and I am getting a new bed and hoping that will help with my back pain as it hasn't eased alot in the last 4 weeks so a positive thing to look forward to this week.

Thanks for the reply Jen

I've now got preseed and the maca powder in the post and on its way, fingers crossed they live up to their reputation.

Havent got time for persies today but i am thinking of those who are still waiting to get their BFP's, those who are in the middle of BDing and those who are waiting for the nasty AF to go back to where she belongs i.e. not here.

Well I decided to stop torturing myself and POAS this morning - . Still no sign of AF though. I have been having a bit more back pain today so she must be on her way. I am not too upset (no tears this month) as I knew it was a long shot and I am off to have a nice, relaxing time in Melbourne this weekend which DH and I both need. Not so relaxing I guess with the shopping I'll be doing! Will be nice to get away with friends though and let our hair down a bit as we haven't done that in a very long time! Your life seems to be put on hold whilst TTC (except for going to work ).

Just a bit mad AF is taking so long to arrive, I don't understand? Maybe my cycles will be longer now? Or maybe I have to wait for AF to return after my op? Although I have had AF since then (started the day after) so I should be on track?

Will be removing my ticker as it is obvious my cycles are not 31 days anymore and it is just confusing.

In the middle of cooking dinner so will be back later for persies.

Sorry for the me post - had to vent!

Jen805 - Good luck with special cuddles

Charm - Sorry you're still sore a new bed will be so nice bit green eyed monster

RhiChiC - hope you thaw out soon, it's frosty here too and wet yayayayaya I LOVE Rain

Mel - must be the month for new jobs

Abbey - What are the preseed and maca you are talking about if you don't mind me asking..

Mel - Maybe this is your last 'free' holiday so you will have to make it extra special!!!

Greenslw - I don't really think it can make that bigger difference. Otherwise wouldn't that be recoMmended to everybody? I know that next time around I think we will both be slightly manic, its in my blood, but I doubt it will make the difference. But for my piece of mind I know it will help..

Starting accupunture this wednesday, so excited!! Can't be anything but a positive I guess.

AND I had the best day post termination so I am feeling alot more positive,
    spoke to my trainer and explained I want him to train me like I am pregnant from now so I dont worry about that either.

Another Question:
    The DAY I would of implanted my daily walk made me pant like a 9 month pregnant lady. I am really fit and it did surprise me. Did this happen to anyone else??

mrzbaby - A bracelet is a lovely way to remember your angel. Something you can always keep close. I hope a weekend apart has helped you and DH and now you can come together and sort things out.

erybery - I'm thinking of you and still fervently for a happy outcome. Your OB sounds wonderful.

Rhi - Its absolutely normal to feel jealous of other women who are pregnant or have babies. The fact that you feel guilty just means that your are a good friend. And if you were fine while talking on the phone to your friend, thats a good thing too, as it means you're not letting your feelings get in the way of your friendship. There is such a mix of emotions after m/c and jealousy just happens to be one of them. Just come on here and vent because we won't judge your feelings. More often than not, we probably share them. Take care of yourself .

greenslw - I don't really have any suggestions on helping babies stick - caffeine and alcohol seem to be the big ones, and it seems like you have those covered. I've also given up coffee and black tea, but my Mum introduced me to white tea which has very low caffeine. Its great when I need a little extra energy to get through the day. I haven't entirely given up chocolate though - I think I'd completely lose my mind.

MMelissa - Welcome. I'm sorry for your loss. It seems you've already found out how wonderful and supportive the women here are. I wish you all the best for your TTC journey. BTW, I've read that if a woman ovulates on the side from which a tube has been removed, the remaining tube can actually swing around and pick up the egg. So you may still be in with a chance every month.

chappas - Good on you for putting up a ticker!. Congratulations on reaching 12 weeks. It doesn't seem that long since you got your BFP. Before you know it, your forever baby will be in your arms.

sally - Even if there's no medical reason to wait, some doctors will tell women to wait a few cycles to allow time for emotional healing. After and D&C, the lining gets scraped pretty thin, so I chose to wait one cycle to make sure my lining had built back up. When to TTC again is a completely individual decision. Enjoy your time away in April. A change in perspective can sometimes be helpful.

Mel - Sorry about the BFN. Apparently, stress can actually delay ovulation. Perhaps recovering from your op last month delayed ovulation resulting in a longer cycle. I'm still hoping thats not the case though. Its not over until AF shows. Goodluck with your new job and enjoy your time in Melbourne. You deserve some serious 'you' time.

boble - I'm sorry you're having a rough time Mel's right though, we do deserve to wallow in self-pity every once in a while. We need to allow ourselves to feel whatever we feel. The important thing is to pick ourselves up again. Don't lose hope hun. You will have your forever baby soon.

MO3B - I hope you have a better week. you get your BFP soon.

jen - As unpleasant as a pap may be, it'll be worth it if you can get some answers (or at least a start on getting some). Goodluck. Oh and goodluck on catching that egg.

Shortcake - Rant away darlin'. TTCAML is hard enough without our bodies being difficult. I hope the doctor can find something to sort out your cycles, or a reason why they're out of whack.

charm - Switching gears now to send some AF vibes your way. Hoping your cycle returns soon.

Abbey - Goodluck with the preseed and maca powder. Can't hurt to try, right?

Ruthie - Thinking of you always sweetie

babymiracles - I'm going to assume no news is good news and that you've had no more spotting. How nice was the rain today? It actually feels like winter is on the way.

Hello and *hugs* to everyone else.

sally - I'm so glad you had a good day today. With time they become more frequent. Goodluck with the acupuncture, I hope it works for you.

Back for some persies......

Hannah - Thanks sweetie . Still sitting here torturing myself! The longest cycle I have ever had is 35 days (which will be tomorrow) aside from when I was pg. Hope things are starting to look up, it's only a matter of time before your luck turns around! I so hope we can be belly buddies together

Jen - Thanks for the update on you! Good for you for re-sched your Dr's apt - be sure to ask about your tubes being blocked! Hope you catch that eggie

sally - So glad you are starting to find your way out of the 'fog' and are feeling more positive. You will still have bad days (so don't feel bad if you do) but they will become less frequent

Charm - Hope your cycle returns to normal soon and you get a good night's sleep on your new mattress!

Abbey - Hope the preseed and maca powder works for you!

Greenslw - Try not to torture yourself about what to eat and drink when you are TTC and questioning whether you are doing the right thing. My FS said most things are ok in moderation (of course when you get your BFP you would cut it all out). I don't smoke and rarely drink but if I know I am not pg by the time in my cycle I am not going to hate myself for having a glass of wine.

Rhi - Glad I made you feel better Is it cold in Melbourne? Going on Thursday and the forecast said it is supposed to be 27 but raining?

Shortcake - Let us know how you go with the Dr - good luck!

MO3B - Have you POAS yet? Still sending vibes!

thanks everyone for the pep talks.. im feeling a little better about it all today.. but still just a teeny bit bitter. oh well.. a little better is still better, thanks again

i had my appointment today with the obgyn/fs. he looked through all my notes and the testing i had done after the last m/c and said that i had had all secondary testing available and if I wanted more i would have to go to Sydney. Sydney ivf runs a miscarriage testing type clinic and they could run more tests. So, dh and I have said that yep, that is the next step if nothing happens in the near future. The first appointment will be an over the phone appointment anyway. But then we would go to sydney for testing. I did speak to him about the pre-af spotting i get so before anything else happens and before any further testing he wants to look into that - he said it is "very relevant" - so... that is the next step BEFORE a sydney trip. when my spotting starts this cycle he wants me to go in and he is going to take a swab. I can't remember what he said it was called that he is looking for... I will ask again when I go back when the spotting starts.

Ok.. so so sorry for ranting a lot about me. Im pretty stressed out atm with a tenancy tribunal thing coming up and I have to send off all my evidence tomorrow and just feeling so so stressed about it all - so mad that it has come to this! but i have to do it. so I apoligise for not doing persies today. I have read through all the posts and I am thinking of you all!!!! sending lots more big 's to everyone.

Sally, Preseed is a personal lubricant that is sperm friendly and is basically like an artificial egg white cervical mucus and Maca powder is a peruivan herbal powder that is said to help regulate cycles which hopefully should make you ovulate. I want to try it because i have PCOS and my cycles are all over the place so i want to try everything before i have to go down the IVF road..

Boble- Big ! I hope the doctors can figure out what is going for you!

Sally- Good luck with the accupuncture! Glad your starting to have better days!

Mel- Sorry for the BFN. Still holding out hope maybe it was too early to test? Sending vibes your way!

Charm- Congrats on the new bed! Sending you lots of !

Jen- Chucking lots of your way! Hoping this is your month!

Rhi- Hope it warms up for you soon! Yay for 5 days off work!

Big Hello to Abbey B., HannahD, Greenslw, and to everyone else!

Happy crappy Monday....... ugh! I hate Mondays! I'm SOOOOO not a morning person, but even more so on a Monday!

Shortcake--Rant away, I'd be doing the same thing if I were in your shoes! Looks like we'll both be making phone calls today to try to get some answers! Best of luck!

Rhi--Enjoy your 5 days off--I'm jealous!

Greenslw--Does that include decaf coffee? Bummer if so..... looks like I may have to lay off--NOT what I want to hear on a Mon. morning!

Abbey--Best of with the macca powder and the Preseed! I've used Preseed before--it really IS just like EWCM!!

sally--Glad to hear things are looking up and you're feeling more positive! It will continue to get better each day! Hope you enjoy the acupuncture!

Hannah & Mel-- Thinking of you both! Will keep you posted on my dr's appt! Mel, I'm very sorry to hear about your BFN I hope your cycle gets back on track quickly--you're such a trooper for being so strong and patient! Chin up, remember it's not over 'til AF rears her ugly face!

boble--Hope you get some answers about the pre-AF spotting! Good luck with the tribunal--try not to stress too much!

Hi everyone!

It is 11dpo for me today first cycle after m/c and waiting for af or something because I have not gotten a bfp this morning. I also not sure whether i ovulated later as it shows on my chart *in my signature* if someone could have a looksie and see what they think? I have the chart on th reccommended "advanced" ovulation detector but I guess Im in limbo and waiting to either a) obviously get a bfp or b) get af so i can chart and start again fresh being the first "proper" period after the m/c

Hoping someone can give me some insight?

Eliza

coco - It may be too early to test?

AF is now 4 days late and no signs of it - it is driving me crazy! If she is going to arrive just hurry up already! I would like to have it over and done with before I go to Melbourne.

Anyway that's my whinge for the morning.

Have a good day girls, will be back tonight

Greeslw – I have no real idea about safe levels of caffeine, but I think I saw no more than 300mg? I only have 1-2 cups per day but now it has got me thinking I should give it up to give myself the best chance. Am having a glass of wine at night too now. No idea why I’ve started that but it is enjoying particularly after a day at work. Thank goodness today is my last day until next week, cos it has been crappy.

Jen – Lucky you! I hope you got some action!

Charm – Hope the new bed gives you a restful night. And the witch comes a visiting, only for this month….

Abbey – Got me thinking about the maca powder. I will ask my naturopath before taking incase it interferes with what concoctions she is giving me.

Mel – I can’t give you answers about AF, she confuses me all the time. Particularly as my cycles are all over the place. Hopefully she doesn’t visit you whilst in Melbourne. Do you think it is too early for testing – have you worked out when you bd last? Sorry, probably too many forward questions. It’s still raining in Melbourne. It was suppose to be showers yesterday but after sunrise, it was just cold. Today was suppose to be the same, light showers but it has been raining fairly consistently last night and this morning, although once I got in the CBD it has stopped. Melbourne’s weather if very unpredictable at times, but usually more often than not we get minimal to no rain, even though they predict showers. If will probably be quite nice when you come down.

Sally – Good luck with the acupuncture. I have heard positive results, particularly in relation to just feeling better.

Hannah – Thanks hun, am feeling not so guilty anymore and just put it down to feeling a bit sad & frustrated about not being preg myself.

Boble – That is great news about the testing. Not sure what is involved, but it may certainly give you some direction and answers. In relation to the spotting q – my dr wanted to take a swab for a STD when I was spotting after my m/c. I told her there would be no need as I only have sex with my dh and I am fairly sure he only has sex with me! I think it was for Clamidia (sp?) Odd. Good luck with the tenancy tribunal.

Shortcake – Hello! Hope you are well

Coco – I am no good at reading charts, too confusing for me…. I had a look, but I don’t really know what I am reading or looking for. Sorry.

Hello to everyone else.

I have no idea what is going on with me, I would have thought considering it is 14 days past last AF that I would be getting some signs of O coming. Nothing, nadda, dry as….. (sorry!)

Will try to pop in tomorrow, but have playgroup with dd, then visitors in the arvo.

xx

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast