Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 08 #4

Yay!!!! I just found a house to move to!!!! We already put the application in but couldn't see it until the ppl moved out but I liked it and she said we'd already been approved!! Phew. It's really nice and cheaper than other one's I've looked at. All the ones I've looked at so far are so overpriced and not as good as where we're living now and I couldn't see how I could pay more than I am now for a way worse place. So I got a better one for surprisingly 'cheap'!! Don't know how it wasn't snapped up sooner, I hope I didn't miss something wrong with it!! rofl. DH hasn't seen it so I hope I have made a good decision. The only thing is at the back fence there's a kind of busy road, I hope it's not too noisy. So now I have to start some serious packing b/c we have to move out next weekend!!

ETA- Krystie, that is so weird you say that coz this time I had O pains from my left side which is different coz I've only ever felt them from the right side before so maybe that was it??

Hi all.

I just got back from the gyno's and was given the results of my day 21 bt. Turns out i haven't O this month, yet, although I have pains now in my left side so hopefully this is it, just a tad late. Would work out with the bleeding I had a fortnight ago, which he said was breakthrough bleeding. So now i'm waiting to O to find out where from here. He's still happy for me to stay with the same dose of tamoxifen if AF ever turns up.

SaraJane - congrats on finding a house, That was always the worst job, packing up, moving, cleaning and unpacking.

Mel A - hope you have a lovely time in NZ, all will go well.

Extension Update - I have the tiler here at the moment, and the floor is half done, the plumbers dropped off all their bits this morning and they'll be back in tomorrow. So hopefully if we finish painting before the weekend we can install the kitchen and the plumber and electrician can finish up on Monday, nearly finished YAY. Looks so big at the moment (only cause it's empty)

Hi ladies!

a quick one today... jen: i believe it's my cd9? its on my ff. its predicted that i will o next tuesday. so dh & i have bn bd every 2 days since monday just in case my cycles are weird & i o early. next time to dtd is tomorrow night. i had some light pains in my ovaries i think ovulation pains??? my af was very short this time. only 4 days in total i think. started wed last with some spotting. thurs it was heavy, fri it was heavy - medium & satday it was light to spotting & sunday it was finishing off with spotting i think. so that means my first af was only for 2 or 3 days???

anyways, thats all for now.

GOODLUCK & GOOD BDING TO ALL!:goodluck2:

Default ** Big sigh of relief **

Hiya everyone

and for everyone!

Well after my mucous yesterday I decided to call ob to tell them, the lady there was really good and squeezed me in this morn. I am so glad I did, firstly ob was so excited for us which was lovely. I really feel he genuinely cares about his patients so for the first time I actually felt excited and like 'this is really going to happen this time'. We went through my bt results from last week and spoke about the mucous. He said the only thing that bothers him about it is that it worries me. Phew - first big sigh of relief. Then he said we'd do a scan just to check how things are progressing, found a little yolk sac measuring to my dates exactly. All looked really healthy so.... so far so good - second big sigh of relief. He sent me for another beta hcg just to be thorough but he said he was really happy with how things are going. I feel soooooo relieved. I will sleep so much better tonight. Was talking to my belly last night so perhaps bubba is a good boy/girl and is listening to Mummy and knows how much we can't wait to have him/her. (I did also mention something about a trip to Disneyland when they're old enough so perhaps they've got the travel gene already & it's a good incentive to grow big and strong).

Still not leaving ya'll yet..... still a long way to go. Thanks heaps everyone for all your support.

Seems to be alot of bd going on lately - good luck everyone. :goodluck2:

Mel - I honestly wouldn't be worried about going to NZ (however I can relate to this anxiety in early pg so I guess it's easy for me to say). But.... Firstly it's a short flight so not too many hours in the air. Secondly, the hygiene standards over there are just as good as ours. I love NZ it's one of my fav places. Where abouts exactly are you going to?

sorry this post is mostly all about me - will bbl for more personals.
    Last edited by AJC; May 29th, 2008 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added something

Heeelllllooooo ladies,

Well I have finally finished the bulk of my work, so now I have time to sit down, read all your posts and write some persies...

So....

AJC - Im so glad you are feeling so much better about everything now, and im over the moon for you that everything is as it should be, and that little bubba is settling in there, nice and sticky and strong.

Vanaithi - GL with the big O, and on catching that little eggie!!! Good idea to bd every couple of days, just in case!...you just never quite know when little miss eggie will pop!

Mollycat - I also experience pains on my left side when I ov and sometimes I do ov very late into my cycle, cd19-22, so I hope this is true for you too...come on little eggie, there are some lovely fellas waiting to meet you !!!!

SaraJane - GL with the big move, I know most people hate packing and moving, but I actually really enjoy it! It gives me a chance to do a good clean up of everything, its amazing how much crap you can accumulate over the years

Pbstar - how are you hun? Did you O yet? Im so hard that this is our month (and everyone else's), would be lovely to post the announcement of our BFPs rather than AF!!! stay away witch.

Abbey B - Oh hun, I know its such a tense time around O. Although I have never had problems getting DH to co-operate (IYKWIM) I do sometimes have to push myself, I just don't have his drive! (with bd'ing, not ttc) As others have said, 'the boys' can live for a few days in there, so any time either side of O is good..maybe the night off will just make the little swimmers stronger

Jenushka - GL with catching the egg, I always get so excited when I see EWCM. It reminds me that, yes I ovulate, yes I am fertile, yes I am in with a chance..and then I bd like mad! Hope DH wasnt too tired

Bettyboop - GL with the OPKs, they never really did work for me, there were times I had a darker second line than other times, but it was never as dark as the control line, EVER, so im guessing that means that either I wasnt o'ing, or they just dont work on me????? Still, when I fell pg in jan, I was using them everyday, (I know, totally obsessed at that time with POAS, changed my ways since then) and they all came back -ve, but I fell pg that month..weird. But other women swear by them. I wish they did work on me, I would love to know for sure when I am going to O.

KrystieLove - I hope youre feeling better and i pray that you caught that eggie. LOL about testing early, I know what you mean. I used to be a serial tester, but I havent done that since the m/c in jan. I just cant do it anymore, so even if I miss AF, I wont test until at least a week or two past AF due date. Its very hard, but I would rather wait than find out too early only to m/c a week or 2 later...too stressful for me.

Jodsan - I asked my mum what time I was born, and turns out it was an hour earlier than I thought, so I typed the new time in again and it came up with sat24th, which was one day later than the first one and we did bd on this night...quite enthusiastically if I might add! (oh Jen, look what youve done to me..youre makin me cheeky girl!) Anyway, just food for thought and a bit of fun I guess. Oh and GL with approaching O!

Jen - LOL about the pole dancing, I can just imagine it, gearing up for a sexy night with some hot lingerie, a bit of dirty dancing on the pole followed by a plaster cast in hospital!....so something I would do LOL
    By the way, are you going to test? Or wait? How are things going? Any signs? Sorry 100 questions?.so nosy! Impressive list too, good on you.

Megsmus - thanks for the GL, can never have too much I say!!! Right back at ya :goodluck2:
    I hope you are feeling better today, you seemed a little down the other day. I was on clomid last year and for one cycle this year, but I didn't have bad side effects. The worst was the hot flushes that woke me up in the middle of the night, and a little grumpiness, but that was all. DH and I have been trying for 3 years now, and I truly think its time I faced the fact that I need to take it a step further ie.IUI and the IVF. The only reason I have not started any further AC as yet is because I have fallen pg twice in the 3 years that I have been trying and in reality, up until my surgery in oct last year, I wouldn't have been able to carry (and hard to conceive) a baby due to complications with my uterus and tubes, so its really only from Oct that we have been ttc knowing that we are in for a real chance. I did fall pg 1 month after surgery and it took until feb to get af back on track after m/c, so now its down to 4 months of ttc (with a proper chance) and no success. I don't know what to do next??? DH keeps telling me, 'really if you add in all those factors, we have only had not success for 4 months, because the time before that, it would have been close to impossible. I know this is true, but 3 years is still 3 years, chance of success or otherwise! We'll see how we go.

MelA - Don't stress about the trip hun, you will be fine. And im so glad that everything is going well with you. Have fun in NZ (not sure if its for business or pleasure) relax and take care of yourself.

Ok, (that was huge) I have only responded to posts in this thread, I thought I would just take it from here, rather than go back to the old one. But I hope you are all doing well (A big hello and hugs to all that I have not mentioned here) and looking after yourselves..im thinking of you!

Issy
    Last edited by issy02; May 29th, 2008 at 05:08 PM.

hey girls

wow issy that was a monster post- your forgot to update on how you are though- hope all is well with you hun.

i'm feeling a bit down. since jan i have ov on cd19 every cycle. this time i bd'd heaps since last week in the lead up and had signs like egg white/watery cm and ov pains but i started temping again and i haven't seen a temp rise yet to where it normally rises to. the highest it has gone is 36.6 today whereas normally after o its about 36.9 or 37. so now i'm on cd21 and still not sure if i have ov or not. just feeling flat, and worn out and DH is worn out and we are both over all the BD and the whole thing really. i did the lunar cycle thing and it says my fertile day is 5th june but i just can't see how that is possible. i did an opk this arvo and negative. i think i might need to take a break from all of this and stop trying to interpret what my body is doing. might take a break until i go to the acupuncturist on 23rd june.

sorry for the selfish post, just needed to vent

Hi girls, must try to be quick as DS is all over me.

Firstly - AJC - Yey!!! You must be soooo relieved. It was really worth getting into that appointment early, now you can relax instead of waiting til next week. I am so happy for you!

Issy - You sound much brighter today. Dont lose sight of conceiving naturally if it is only 4 months that you have been in with a "proper" chance. I am sure it's going to happen in the next couple of months (hopefully this one!).

Vanaithi - Maybe you should check to see if your cervix is open if you are having O pains. Sometimes I get pains about 4 days out from O so I just check my cervix everyday to make sure I dont O early. Mine usually opens about 12-24 hours b4 O, so I figure this is my most fertile time.

Mollycat - Ditto on what I said to Vanaithi above - I suggest checking your cervix if you are having O pains. I suspect it only opens when you are about O, that way you will know for sure.

SaraJane - Yey for finding somewhere to live!! Good luck with your TWW!

Mel, I agree with AJC - I'm sure the short plane trip to NZ will be fine (though I do understand your nervousness after a loss o/s). Hope it all goes well for you.

Megsmum - Thanks for your answer. I was kinda thinking along the same lines. I'm a bit anxious about getting the progesterone test cos I'm not sure I'll want to use the supplement anyway since my cycles are so regular. I might just stick with the trying to clear the excess estrogen for now and hopefully they'll rebalance naturally over the next month or two. Sorry to hear it looks like you might be moving onto assisted conception. Dont give up on this cycle yet though, sometimes no symptoms are a good sign. Have you tried a naturopath or acupuncture? I am such a big believer in trying to rebalance our bodies with natural herbs and diet and exercise. Maybe worth a thought if you really dont want to have to go on clomid again (I have heard so many horror stories about Clomid so I really feel for).

KristieLove - Yey for O!!! Good luck with your TWW!

Pbstar - We must have posted the same time. There is only a chance you can O at lunar time, do lots of BDing on 5th of June and see how you go. My lunar day is 5th June too!! I dont do teps, I just go on CM, cervix position and pains. It sounds to me like you O'd. Has it been colder in your bedroom that previous months?
    Last edited by Jodsan; May 29th, 2008 at 08:00 PM.

Just a quick selfish post ladies.... I did another opk tonight and it was very positive - for the first time in my life my test line was darker than the control line. Whenever I've seen that written in the instructions I always thought the opk manufacturers where making things up!!

Looks like my body may finally be trying to get back to normal after the m/c....

Here is a great big and of course loads of to all

back to bed for me and dh - no rest for the wicked!!

KrystieLove--Woo hoo for O!! It sure makes for an easy cycle when things happen the way it's supposed to! you caught that egg!

megsmum--You're far from out of this race at only 8dpo! Chin up, hun, it's going to happen!

Mel--Yay, I'm glad you're still stalking us! We'd hate to lose you so soon! Have a safe trip to NZ--is this for business or pleasure?

SaraJane--Congrats on finding a new house! You've got a lot of work ahead of you, but always nice to do some spring cleaning when moving--you get to get rid of all the crap that's accumulated over the years! Good luck next week with the move! If anything, this should make your TWW fly by keeping you distracted!

mollycat--See we really ARE cycle buddies! Looks like we both had really late O for this cycle. Due to increased watery CM my fertile days were changed to the last 3 days, so I'm assuming I'm something like 1dpo. (?) Cervix is still very high, but seems like maybe it's closed, well it's definitely not as open as it was 2 days ago! It's still a little hard for me to tell, as this was the first time I ever noticed anything different about my cervix at all. How funny it would look to some outsider to see a woman checking out her cervix! Would probably turn my DF on! Did you ever try any movies of those movies with your DH? You said he would be shocked--shocked can be a good thing! Sounds like the extension's coming along great!

Hi Vanaithi! Glad AF was so easy on you this time around! So what's going on with your cervix? Now that I can tell a difference, and I know I actually have a cervix (lol), I'm sure I'll be checking more often!

AJC--Oh, I'm so happy for you that you got to get your scan done early! What a relief for you! Now you can have some peace of mind that all is well! I'm sure the bribery trip to Disneyland was all the incentive needed for your sticky little bub!

issy-- about the pole dancing! My mom always called me "Grace" when I was younger due to my lack of it! Not really too sure when I'll test now since I O so late this cycle. Am supposed to test on Sunday, but looks like my TWW just got extended, so I'm sure Sunday would be way too early. Just going to wait it out, what else can I do? You were great on all the personals, but didn't fill us in on how things are with you! Hope all's well!

pbstar-- Sorry you're so down. I know how hard it is not knowing if you've O, and not knowing what's going on in your cycle--it's been the same for me this cycle. Can't our bodies go easy on us for a change? you feel better about things soon. We'll miss you if you take a break from us, but we'll all understand if that's what you need to do!

Jodsan--What's up doc? Thanks again for all the lunar info--for all the info and advice that you always have to offer us!

jenushka-- :woot: on the +opk!! Sounds like you're enjoying your BD fest! Go catch that egg, wicked girl! At least you came up for air!

plc--How's it going baby mama? Haven't heard from you in a while, hope things are well with you and your little one!

mmteacher--Hi my preggie friend! Hope things are going well with you, as well!

smilanatu--Hey girl! Hope you're not too swamped with work!

Hi girls

Jen, you are amazing. Thank you for that long, long list of us all. It is nice to see that there are lots of BFPs at the top - room for a few more, I think.

I am just dropping in to let you know that I have been lurking to find out how you are all doing, sending lots of babydust and positive vibe your ways! I have now joined in on the PAML thread and wont be bothering you so much over here. Thank you all for so much support over the last few months- it has been so helpful and has really kept me sane!

I'll drop in from time to time, but I expect to see you all in PAML really soon.

morning girls

jodsan- i guess it is a little colder this time of year so perhaps that has something to do with it, i think i do need to get rid of this thermometer and just relax though. DH confiscated it a few months ago because i got too obsessive and now i managed to get it back and its doing my head in again. think i will just keep BDing every second day all month and then i know i'm covered! will try to time it for 5th june too, just in case

jen- thanks for the i feel like a bit of a sook because you have had this confusion about o this cycle too but you have handled a lot better than i am. anyway i am going to take a leaf out of your book and go with the flow...whatever will be will be hey?

hope everyone else is well and enjoying all the BDing that is going on!

xo

Just a quick hello ladies as usual my desk is piled high! I am lurking and reading though...

AJC...keep the positive attitude!

jen *wavin atcha*

pbstar...canary...hey gurlies!

AFM...waitin to O 2morro...hopin to catch that egg!!! I'm havin some pain on the right side this afternoon...we been bding every night since Saturday...they say practice makes perfect

:goodluck2: and lots of

Hi everyone - i can't believe it has been so long since i have posted - don't feel like it has been cos i am still lurking several times a day. But I didn't even get a prompt from BB this morning on my emails about this thread - I can't believe i could be dropped off this thread - the horror!! Then jen confirmed in her last post that it had been a while too. Sorry girls i don't mean to neglect in anyway. I have been keeping up - just not totally 100%. Please know i'm always here - cheering you guys on!!

All ok with me - had another hcg test yesterday just to get extra reassurance. I know the u/s was great but the week and a half since can do funny things to ur head . Told my family on Wed night who were obviously pleased but understand our caution.

I have also been lurking in PAML thread - haven't posted in there much either. I feel in a real kind of limbo. Just need more of you all to join me in PAML i guess.....

Canary--You could never be a bother! We're so glad you're still here! Huge coming your way!

Ladies, just so you all know, I'll be terrible when I become pregnant, I don't know if I could ever leave this thread! Everyone's going to have to put me on their ignore list! This thread is what kept me going, and still gets me out of bed early every morning with anticipation to see what's been going on, and what I missed while I was sleeping! So please get used to me, as I've gotten way too used to you girls to ever leave! You're stuck with me!

pbstar--You're NOT a sook! Besides, last month I was a mess... so this month is just making up for last month! And if it makes you feel any better, I've been very irritable and grumpy and completely stressed out due to my kids... So I feel like I'm in a positive frame of mind when I'm here. My kids lately have me questioning my sanity in trying for another one!

smilanatu--Wow, I can't believe you're O already! This month has just gone by crazy fast! Go catch that egg, little Keep up the

plc--Oh, I'm so glad to hear from you! You had me a little worried... glad to know you were at least lurking! And don't worry, there's no way you could ever be dropped from this thread--the horror would be all ours, I assure you! Hey, where's your ticker?

Well I'm here in sunny Auckland, I'm here for work and only for one day. Arrived last night about 11 and leave tomorrow morning at 6. So, a whirlwind tour. The good thing is no spotting which i got first day last time. The people here are great as usual. Must do work and talk to people. Thank you all for your positive thoughts. It has really helped.

Default Hey Hey Hey

Hey Birthday Buddy.... yeah I know I m not meant to be here but I keep coming back to keep an eye on you all.... Glad I did... what are you doing girlfriend....

All this not sure... limbo...

There is no Limbo girlfriend..... YOU ARE PREGNANT.... you have a beautiful beautiful baby in that big fat tummy of yours... before you know it .... I understand where your head is at but dont let anything take from you enjoying every second with your baby.... every second. Lurk if you want... by all means.... Goodness.. I still do..... but dont be in limbo..... Go over to PAML..... canary is there and if I went over to have a look I m sure some of "older" ones are there as well...... when you get there.... let me know if nickster is over there.

I know you well enough to know in your post your feeling the anxiety very strongly..... Chill Girl....... ONE DAY AT A TIME.... Your not going over to a thread where people dont understand..... they have all been through what we have been through.... they all live each day with the same anxiety.... that each second could be the last..... There is one person and one person only who controls how you feel right now..... and thats YOU!!!!!!!!!!! take control.... be positive... enjoy every second with your precious baby...... I still do.... and he is 19 (mind you, he is the one who holds me now and tells me everything is going to be alright)... dont let your head get in the way of the time you have with your precious one now..... I chatted away to my angels more than i chatted to DH.... (they dont argue back... its great) .... and when they are 6' 5 and towering above you... keep chatting.... (they ummmm do argue back then)

Now chear up girl..... look down at that amaizing bub and smile.... you waited a long time for him/her..... dont let your head get in the way.

AND FOR ANYONE ELSE ON THE TOP OF JENS LIST.......... DITO!!!!!!!!!!

Now.... chin up peoples.... tomorrow is another day.....lets face it with a smile hey.

Angel babies--This is why we love you! You say it like it is, with kindness and affection! Thanks for lurking!

Morning ladies.

Just wanted to spread some for you!!! Thanks again for all the support & well wishes.

Take care & have a great weekend everyone.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast