Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ November 2006

Lou,
    Good on you you courageous woman! You are walking talking proof that you just need to keep at it until you hit the right target. It sounds like your doctor is on the money for you.
    Good luck on this cycle - I will be stalking you and sending lots and lots of positive thought and love your way. Did you know about the metformin/clomid thread? You will find others in there with similar stories...

The Chicken Guest

Thanks Deb - I just posted a quickie in Metformin/Clomid thread, so I am sure I will chat to you there. The weight it has lifted off my shoulders knowing the problem is unbelievable. But I am still really @$#!*^ off about the fact that I had to take things into my own hands. I think about the pain that it could of saved both me and DH. What do we pay these doctors for????? Anyway, I have to get off this topic as it drives me insane and I could spend all day talking about it.

Hope all the Melbourne girls are enjoying cup day!

Hi Lou,

I hope you don't mind me asking you a few questions - I have a history of cysts (endometriomas) on my ovaries, had one removed in May and we've just discovered another one. I am booked in for another lap, tubal flush etc on 21 Nov. At the time of my last lap my uterus, tubes, right ovary etc all appeared normal, no endo. We are not sure what state they are in now, hence the lap.

I guess I just wanted to know if you were told that your endo/cysts were directly related to your losses? I concieved my last baby before the first cyst was removed in May (was quite large I'm told, 8cm) but sadly we lost our baby, missed m/c at 12 weeks.

My new FS has indicated he thinks there may be a link. I burst into tears when he told me this. Firstly out of relief that there may be a reason behind my loss and secondly a huge dose of guilt because I knew about the cyst before I fell prg (but I was reassured by 2 drs that it was nothing to be concerned about) and feel like I should have done more to prevent my prg.

I would be interested to hear what your FS thought about any link??

Megan76 Guest

Hope - I am really sorry you didn't get any answers. Maybe Lou is right, keep up the search as she did, maybe the answer is out there somewhere. I think the unknown is the worst. In a way i was glad to find out after my first m/c that the chromosomes had tripled instead of doubled because i had a concrete reason, but i must say, it is not making it any easier to be confident this pregnancy. But the main thing is to try and find out if there is something that will help next time around, in my case there is not, but in yours there may be....... P.S good luck with twenty ten!!

Lisa - I hope you are feeling better, a few people have said something about the flu and preggo so fingers crossed!

Lou - Good on you for not giving up and getting some answers....i hope your determination pays off and you are UTD before you know it!

Missy - Definately too early...will be checking up on you later in the week!

Well its good old Melbourne Cup Day, and i couldn't really care less except for the day off!! Not feeling any major symptoms except for being tired and grumpy which is stressing me out a bit, but i shouldn't complain i guess.

Have a great day, especially those in Melbourne who don't have to go to work!!

The Chicken Guest

Hi Willow

Firstly I am so sorry for your loss. You must NOT blame yourself...we can only make choices with the information we have at hand. I was in such a daze during my visits/post op with my FS that I didn't really take it all in. Basically my m/c's were more of a result of PCOS than the endo. They only found 1 small cyst and drained it, so he didn't see it as anything significant. He was more concerned about the rest of the endometriosis.
    There is some evidence that suggests that endometriosis/endometriomas can cause a change in the peritoneal fluid and or hormones which can stop the growth of a pregnancy. But that is what I have read and there are sooooo many differing views/research on it. I am sure that one doctors views are different to another. I see my FS at the end of the month, so I will ask him for his opinion. I guess your next step is to make sure you are A OK after your next lap and start from there. Hope I have been of some help.

subbing..

Hi girls,

Hope - I am sorry that you didn't get any 'real answers', I got the same 'something that just happens'. I seriously don't think that I pregnant and I feel like I am falling apart at the moment, AF is due at the end of the week so I might just wait and see. I have cramps and scar from my ep is really sore. Sorry babe. GL to you tmw

Lisa - I hope that you are feeling better and that Af hasn't shown her face.

Hi to everyone else sorry for no more personnals I am not coping at the moment xxx

Aaww Kez-- So sorry that you are feeling crappy! Maybe not a bad idea to hold off on testing then. It is often easier to just see AF arrive than to see that stupid strip with only ONE line on it!!
    Lisa/Missy-- how are you guys feeling?
    Lou-- any sign of AF yet?
    I'm still undecided about testing myself. AF due on Thursday for me so I'll just see how I feel in the morn. I did pop a Fortel Ultra test in with my groceries today so they're there if I'm feeling brave. I'm not really feeling pg. at all either but with the other two I had no real symptoms either until about the five week mark (prob cause my LP is only 10-11 days). Did have a temp spike this morn though?!

The Chicken Guest

AF arrived this morning with a vengeance...damn those nappies!!! Feeling like crap and have had a few teary moments. I thought I would be coping a bit better this month. One of my close friends rang me on Sunday to share her BFP. I am so so happy for her, but at the same time it has made me really sad. We were hoping to be belly buddies together and it really reminds me of the struggle that we go through month after month. I feel like a really bad friend. Am I being selfish or does anyone else get like this? Some advice would be great.

Lou-- I'm sorry you're feeling down! The hormones alone are enough to cope with without adding all the stress, disappointment, etc of TTC. You are certainly not unusual in your feelings with regard to your friend. I only just saw a good friend of mine for the first time since my m/c on the weekend past. She was two weeks behind what I was and although I am thrilled for her thinking about it and seeing her merely serves as a reminder of what is NOT happening to me, how I DON'T look, etc. You are not a bad/selfish friend-- you're just HUMAN!! Hope you are feeling better soon. You'll be suffering through the dreaded TWW again before you know it-- hopefully with a different outcome!

Lou-I'm sorry AF showed up! Here's to next month for you!

Hope-I'm feeling a little hesitant myself. If I am back to my normal cycles, I should be due for AF on Friday. I think I will still test tomarrow and if BFN then I will wait til Sat.

Kez-The last time I was pregnant, I was sure it wasn't my month. I had cramps so bad and a headache for 3 days. You just never know til Af shows.

Lisa-How are things going? Anymore signs? Testing or holding off? I wouldn't blame you for not testing. I am so nervous tomarrow.

How is everyone else doing? It has been pretty quite around here. I hope things get a little exciting with some BFP!!

I think I'm coming down with a cold. I thought I was getting my typical pre-AF headache but now my sinuses hurt and I feel like my eyeballs could pop out of my head. This has also happened the last 2 times I was pregnant so who knows. Or it could be that my son has a whopper of a cold and has sneezed all over me the last 2 days but I'll take the 1st one if I could choose.

Talk to everyone later! I'll let you know the results of my test tomarrow. Anyone got any ideas how to calm my nerves!! I'm thinking it is going to be BFN but I can only hope.

Good luck Missy. As soon ias i read that you're sinuses were playing up etc, it popped straight into my head that you were pg....ooohh i hope so. Can't wait to hear of your test results....fingers crossed...

Hi everyone else....busy trying to find a job ATM, so i'll be back later...xxx

Hi

Missykg, I have my fingers crosssed that you get a bfp when you test.

Lou, Hope you are feeling a bit better today. Af sure is a witch for showing up!!!! Good on you for not giving up until you had some answers.

Hope, How are you? Have you tested yet? I hope af stays away and you get a bfp!!!

Chepie, I'm sending you a hug and hope you are feeling better real soon.

Aussienic, I haven't seen you around for a while, are you ok?

Tanya, How are you going? I haven't seen you around for a while, How's the Boy Diet going?

Shan, Hi I am doing the same thing as you today - looking for a new job. Good luck.

Hi to everyone I've missed, hope you are all having a good day.

As for me I went and had my cd 23 blood test this morning so am hanging out waiting for Friday to come around to find out if this cycle of clomid has worked . So I guess I'm officially back in the tww time again.

Hi Girlies,
    Well I caved and tested this morning and got what I'd like to call a FFP (Fine Feint Positive). I'm 11 DPO so it may still be too early or it could be a false positive, although it did come up on two diff. ones. Anyway if AF doesn't show tomoz I'll test again on Friday morn. NOT getting too excited at this stage. Temp is still up though too (37.1!!). :eek:
    Missy, Kez or Lisa have you caved in yet??

Kirsty, I just realised I have not given you my info to add, so here you go.

Member: Amy ( amym )
    State:SA
    CD:
    My previous cycles: 28,28,28
    FF Link:
    Medication: Fefol for my iron levels and folate.
    Notes: TTC since Nov 05, decided to take a 6 month break after second m/c, started ttc'ing again in October.
    Angel Babies: Dec 05 @ 4 weeks and April 20th 06 @ 14 weeks

ok Hiya lovely ladies, I am going to have a quick read to try and catch up but WOW you girls sure chat in here LOL its hard for us slow readers to keep up hehehe.

Sorry I have not been around alot just been very busy and rather stressed out with our current living situation but that is changing very soon as we are all moving in with my mum and its gonna be squeezy but hey its gotta be better than rats and blow flies breeeding in the roof right. so its all starting to come together just not looking forward to the whole packing and moving thigs again as we only moved in here in june this year but oh well I would do just about anything to get out of here.

alright I am going to try and do some personels in a few moments once I am a little more up to speed.

ETA: Hope I have my fingers crossed for you hun that is sounding really good, I caved yesterday and tested but nothing although I thought I could see the feintest line there hehehe but who knows LOL, good luck
    Last edited by *Elle*; November 8th, 2006 at 03:13 PM.

Oh Hope...as you know they all say 'a line is a line' , but as you don't want to get too excited just yet, i've got absolutely everything crossed for you hun. BIG BIG hugs to you and i can't wait to see what the next few days bring for you...xxxx

Hi Amy...glad to see you back again. We must have posted at the same time. I know how you feel about the whole packing/unpacking thing, as i've just been through it, but as you say, it just has to be better than what you must be living in at the moment. Good luck hun.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast