Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ February 08 #2

I have not been on for a while, and so many things happened!
    Congratulations to all that got BFP, lots of to you guys.
    Lots of for the rest of us. I hope you ladies are all well, sorry I am not doing personals, but I only had a minute.

I saw Magda's question, and I think I know the answer, so just wanted to post this:
    So this is my question can you ovulated just 5 days before AF arrives?,
    The thing is, you can, but if your luteal phase (the time between O and AF) is any less than 10 days, then it is a sign of something called luteal phase defect, and it is not good, as your luteal phase has to be at least 10 days to sustain a pregnancy. I would not panic though, you might have just got your temps wrong, but, perhaps, for piece of mind, you may want to talk to your doctor? They can test for that, I got tested after my M/C. Basically they just check your progesterone levels afer you O and the thickness of uterine lining (this is one unpleasant test). I really do not want to be negative, but if you really have this problem it is better to know, as it is fixable, I think they just give you progesterone injections.

AF has slowed down and I feel sorta normal again.

Brockstar: congratulations, I'm so happy for you and I'l keep you in my prayers!!!
    You usually AF two weeks after O. But I looked it up for you on body.aol.com
    December 12, 2008 (yeah, I'm being a know-it-all)

ll80: my guess is hormones readjusting. best of luck

Magda: two thumbs up! I'm really ready this time
    Yes, I had a 5 day luteal phase my first cycle after MC. It should be 14 days

Katiegirl: sending relaxation vibes--you are getting sleeepyyy...

nicksterUK: congrats to your sister! that's wonderful news

Canary: sending encouragement vibes.

berecca623: assuming you temped at the same time everyday and under the same conditions, your temp should stay up after O. I might be a progesterone thing going on.

Trac73: I'm so sorry. Sending cyberhug

Trac73 - there is a gender swaying forum which has a lot of info on TTC girl. The shettles method seems to be popular which says to BD every 2nd day from when AF stops but stop about 3 days before O. Theory is that girl sperm swim slower but last longer, so by the time you O, should be more girl sperm left. Also, 3 days before O your Ph level in your vagina is more acidic which apparently also favours girl sperm. The other theory is to take calcium and magnesium supplements and drink lots of milk bc it creates a more acidic environment.

Congrats to Katiegirl and Brockstar, my thoughts are with you for the next few worrying weeks

not much happening here , still no AF waiting for opp , it is hard to lissen to people talking about gender swaying because i just want a baby.

Hello

Betty - i am really sorry if i have upset you about the gender swaying but i feel that after 3 m/c's and being able to carry a girl to full term whom is now 3 i feel i am not able to carry boys. I too would love just to have a healthy baby but by a little bit of gender swaying i am hoping that i will not have to suffer another m/c as i just do no think i can go through that again. And we are all trying our best to have a happy and healthy baby. SORRY again Betty.
    Jodsan - Thanks for the information i will try and find the thread

Trac

well, im officially out for this month. AF arrived this morning , on CD34. I had myself convinced that it would be positive today as AF was almost a week late, and then i woke up this morning, and there she is...

this has affected terribly, and i have spent the whole morning in bed crying (its 1pm now and i ve just gotten up!)

DH and i were talking yesterday about the last time we were happy, and it was back in december when we were pregnant. I know we wont be happy again until it happens again...

betty, im with you, just want a baby, dont really mind what kind!!
    canary, i know how your feeling, it sucks whan you get your hopes up and there comes AF.... well, the sooner it finishes, the sooner we can TTC again i guess?!

again, sorry about the sadness today, but thats just where i am....

Tinak, jodsan, betty. I feel your anguish, I truely do. Please know that whereever I go and whatever I do, the little group we have here travels with me always. I am constantly thinking of you all and hoping that good luck comes your way soon.

OH TinaK, I'm so sorry sweetie, big hug for you Just hang in there, I'm sure some babydust will come your way very soon!

bettyboop - One of my mottos in life is that I try not to judge people for their preferences and hopefully they wont judge me. We are all here bc we just want a baby and have had struggles with this, but is there really any harm in trying a couple of things in an attempt to get a baby of a particular sex the second time around? I feel as though it's a bit of generational problem, in our parents generation, they'd just keep having kids until they had one or two of each. With our generation and the cost of living these days, most of us will not be able to afford any more than two babies. I'm not going to apologise for the fact that I would really love to have a girl this time around, I've always wanted one. But my first preference will always be to have a healthy baby, no matter what the sex. Just a BFP right now would make me very happy!

Hello lovely ladies - think we need more of those positive vibes in here!! A bit of !!!!

- let's focus on achieving as many BFPs as possible this cycle!!

tina - honey, sorry about AF - you know I try to convince myself that the more I hear of people getting pg around me the more likely it is that it will happen to me - something to do with that babydust I think! I find that it also gives me a better feeling within myself rather than resentment which is just so negative (having said that, I do slip up sometimes - we are human after all). I wish so much for that BFP to come ur way.

I am VERY confused at the moment!! As you know I had my lap, dye, hyst, etc etc 2 weeks and 2 days ago afterwhich I got AF with normal duration of days and then expected to get my next AF in 4-6 weeks. Well - today I got AF! Does ANYONE have anything to share with me re their experiences in this area - did AF come super earlier tham expected? Or have they heard about someone in this situation? I will definitely query it with the Ob on Tuesday but not sure what my dear ol' bod is up to.

Default Tina

Hey, Tina, I know how you are feeling today. AF arrived for me, too. Cry away hun, tell us all about it (you really dont need to appologise for a post with sad bits in, that's what we are here for), and then I hope you will fell better?:hugs: I am sure that it does you good to have a bit of a bawl, although when the tears came for me, I was at work so it was just not possible to have a good cry without facing the public with puffy eyes! Our cycles are fairly in-tune, as AF arrived for me on CD34 too! I think that she is in for a bit of a spring clean (to steal your phrase, angelB!) as I have been getting some nasty cramps.

Hi Betty, I havent forgotten about you and I often wonder how things are going. As someone else wrote, I dont expect that there are any words that will make you feel better, but I keep hoping that you'll get your cycle back soon. :hugs:

Sorry that I cant answer any funny-cycle questions today, I'm feeling a bit brain-dead.

Default Put brain in gear..

I told you I was feeling brain dead today, but didnt really mean to prove it.

Forgot to leave a message for Trac. Hun, AF has visited you also and you said that you are feeling sad too.:hugs: I know how it feels to have all the excitement of doing a test only to get a sad result, and AF on top of that doesnt help. I hope that your Dad's treatment is over quickly and that he makes a speedy recovery.
    Take care.

Hi ladies, time for a new thread. Here you go and all the best with TTC .

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910