Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ March 08 #2

Magda Guest

Bettyboop, fiona264, I can't believe that I am 41 and want a baby so badly too. Like I said before I have been thinking about having a baby for 2 yrs, I was 39 then and I thought I was too old. I was already way past the baby stage my kids where in school and I could pretty much do whatever I wanted. But the desire to have a baby did not go away it became stronger and stronger. Then in Oct 2007 I decided to go for it, I got pg the 2nd month ttc, Nov. and found out on christmas eve that the baby had no hb and m/c on Jan 5 2008. So now I am in my 2nd time ttc since the m/c. I believe that I am calm but sometimes I do feel desperate. I have been going through hell in the last 2 months with my teenager who ran away from home a week after m/c to be with a boyfriend, who is just the worst person anyone could want for there kid. So that has not helped out my situation. But anyways I don't want to depress everybody and I find I am getting upset writing this, I will give you guys more details at a later date.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

Okay, okay, okay--there's been entirely too much negative talk around here about age. I'm 40, gonna be 41 in May. But haven't you all heard how 40 is the new 30???

Here's a really wierd and TMI question...does anybody else find they have to urinate a lot around the time they O? I noticed it a few years ago, then my riding instructor made the comment (totally off topic, because I hadn't discussed my personal body with her) that mares in heat urinate more frequently. I nearly fell out of the saddle laughing! But this conversation was a couple years ago...

Magda: sperm can live up to five days!
    And I'll keep your family in my prayers. YOu have a lot to contend with

mmteacher: I'm a Ren Faire fanatic, too! Huzzah!

fiona264: sending encouragement vibes...

Natty: my first symptom was getting up around 4 in the morning to pee--even before I miss AF!

AJC: good luck!

Happy Easter, all!

Tempus - I agree, 40 is definitely the new 30.

pash - yyyaaaaaaa! Glad to have you as a cycle buddy. Good luck this month!

Hi everyone

been a while since I popped my head in, I've been trying to stay away a little to sort myself out. I think I am getting there.
    I've been under so much stress the last couple months, since the m/c then moving states and looking for work, I've been a bundle of nerves and stress, snapping at everyone, my poor DD has copped a few un called for blastings.
    I'm glad to say though, that I am feeling much better and have been really making a big effort to stay calm and not snap, doing much better all around.
    Feeling more positive about life in general and that has helped with the calmness.
    What will be will be and there really is no use me stressing about it all, it just serves to make it worse not only for myself but for my wonderful DD and DP.
    Feeling much more fatalistic I guess, I'm a great believer in fate and what will be will be, just needed to remind myself of that.
    On the TTC front nothing new there, going to the doctor this week for the very belated results of my blood test. My last AF was all over the place, spotted for a good 4 days afterward, very annoying.
    Well enough about me..

Angel- I hope your holiday is an excellent one! I am very jealous I sure could do with a holiday right about now.

Tempus- Good luck with your TWW *fingers crossed* for you

AJC- I hope the clomid does the trick for you

Natty- early pg symptoms with my dd (who is 4 next week *has a heart attack* goes so quickly) was the urgent need to vomit several times a day and feeling like death warmed up. Last time when I m/c I didn't have alot of sickness but my BB were really sore and was really extremely tired.

Betty and Fiona, you guys are just spring chickens wishing you all the best betty *fingers crossed* for you.

Danielsgirl and mmsteacher- So sorry for your losses, wishing you all the best with your TTC journies.

Mel A - I know exactly what you mean about the destructive thoughts, I'm a real naughty one for it. *big hugs*

Nickster and all you other recently up the duff ladies I hope you're all in excellent health and doing well. *sticky vibes* to you all

Tina K- hope you're doing better, families suck sometimes.

I'm sure I've forgotton a few, big *waves* and hello to you all, I hope you're all well and madly DTD.

Happy Easter to all, I've had sooooooooooooooo much chocolate I am about to burst...it's so good more fat to add to the belly and butt, might make me do some exercise but I doubt it.

end of essay go make yourselves a cuppa now or stiff drink, whichever takes your fancy!!
    ..Laura

fiona264 Guest

Tempus Thank you so much for your encouragement vibes....
    ll80 Now, I have never been referred to a spring chicken...that makes me feel good and your cheque is in the mail (just kiddin) Thanks..

Hi all,

Starting to get a bit nuts, god only 8dpo too! Still really dizzy and boobs still sore but less fatigued now. Have had subtle cramping for two days too so I'm its implantation. Who knows, body has been weird since the mc, so might be, might not be

I agree with all of you girls, there is no doubt that 40 is the new 30, I'm coming up to 35 and have never been happier. I can only imagine that things will just keep getting better leading up to 40 and beyond. I love being of our generation, we can be whatever we wanna be and do whatever we wanna do whenever it suits us (sometimes our bodies just need a little push to come along for the ride!).

Pash - That's so sweet of your BF! Hope it worked!

mmteacher - I'm so sorry for your loss I'm sure a sticky bean will be coming your way really soon.

Tempus - Good luck with the TWW, sending you some

Magda - I'm with you, its all I can think about at the moment. I notice though that I only get like that when I think my chances are pretty good. Sounds like you think your in with a good shot too, got my fingers crossed for you.

Angel - You are so naughty Hope you're having a great break and that the TWW is flying by nicely!

PLC - good luck catching that eggy!

Danielsgirl - Hope your cycle gets back to normal really soon (and that it is actually AF!). Good luck.

Fiona - I really dont like your doctor How dare he (I am assuming "he" by the comment?) say he wont help you until you lose some weight. It's really great that you are trying the low GI, it's best to prepare your body as best you can before pregnancy but he has no right to refuse you clomid. I say go to a new doctor.

Natty - yeah, I have had really vivid dreams the past few nights too. One of them, I had to stab someone who was trying to kill me, it was so real, I woke up terrified (and very relieved that it was just a dream and I wasn't going to jail, hehe). It has been a full moon though so I thought it might just be that, I hadn't associated it with possible pregnancy?

AJC - Good luck with the Clomid, hope it makes a difference for you!

ll80 - Good luck with the doctor, got my fingers crossed!

Sorry if I've missed anyone, sending you all some

Hey ll80 - forgot u in my previous big post - sorry. So so glad that u r more positive in general - it really is so hard when there is so much change and our foundations get rocked quite a bit. I think fatalism is what everyone feels at some point of their TTC journey - it does help you cope when u feel it. GL with the BT results!!

Jodsan - no eggies being caught this cycle for me I'm afraid as we need to wait til next cycle to TTC cos of lap procedure. But hey!! GL to YOU!! and hoping that this 2ww marches along quicker for you!!

fiona264 Guest

Jodsan Oh how I wish I was 30 again. I thought that my doctor was a bit odd as well. He looked me up and down and said that he wasn't going that path until I lose weight. As I said before, I cried and cried when I left the doctor. I told my DH and all he could do is hug me. I just thought that all doctors were like that. I don't know whether to go to a female doctor. Trouble is every wants to and they are always booked out. I will stick to my low GI for a while and try and find a new doctor. Thanks.
    Magda I thought I didn't want another baby, but I am so maternal. The idea never left me. Seeing my sister give birth this year, made me feel even more determined. I would love my daughter to see me pregnant and have a baby. I think that would be so beautiful.

Hi all! Just popped in (am seriously popping OUT of all my clothes though!) to say hello and wish you all well- especially the TWW and those who are egg chasing this month! xx
    Huge hugs and hopeful vibes to those waiting a little longer too xx

Hi to the newbies! Hope your stay here is a short one, welcome to the best therapy on the planet!

Am approaching the dreaded 11 weeks pg (the same point I m/c on Xmas eve) so am feeling anxious- but bbs are sore, ms is now ALL DAY sickness- especially in the evenings when I'm starving- so I guess the symtoms are all good and strong. Last time they dropped off completely so I knew...
    Anyhow, getting definite paunch (but maybe that's too much chocolate hee hee) so people at work are now noticing too. Just hanging on for 12 week scan and then (maybe) I'll relax.
    I'm sure time stands still. Waiting for af, waiitng for 'o', waiitng for bd, waiting for 2 weeks, waiting for POAS... and on it goes... aargh! Drives you potty sometimes ;-)

Special 'Hey' to Angel and Laura xx

Nickster - another lovely lady I missed (sigh) - so GREAT to hear from you!!! and I love the "paunch" - can't wait for my "paunch" I cannot believe ur 11 weeks already!!! BUT I'm not the one going thru ur pg and I totally get the "waiting". I don't know how I'll be in that first 12 weeks - a bit of a nervous mess, I'm sure! But u r almost there hun - not long to go now before u have u/s and u get to meet ur bub!!!! Sorry ur feeling crook but like u say that is an EXCELLENT sign sweet Deep breaths for ur 11 week hurdle - ul be absolutely FINE!! Make sure u let us know how u go - huge and take care.

Hi ladies,

Pretty sure I felt implantation last night. It was faily late, I just couldn't get to sleep. At first I had a really fuzzy feeing in my uterus for about 5 mins, kinda like butterflies, then I got a sharp nerve sensation that made me jolt. Really bizarre feeling, almost like a current running through my tummy. Pretty sure it was. When do you think I can test, I was thinking Wednesday? The tests I have are 20miu, does anyone know a brand which detects lower than that?

Plc - I'm sorry, I need to keep up better. Hope this cycle flies by so you can get down to Biz!

Fiona - I hate that he made you cry like that, so insensitive. If you cant get into the girl drs then maybe just try another guy first. There has to be some sensitive and thoughtful ones out there, I've had a lot of great guy ones in my time and some mean girls, depends on the person I think. Sounds like you have the right attitude to the low GI, I'm sure its going to be of benefit to your overall health and that has to assist TTC. Keep us informed with how the diet is going, we'd love to support you in any way we can.

Hey Nickster - It sounds like it is going really, really well. Sorry you are feeling so sick, hopefully that will ease in the next couple of weeks. Good luck with the 12 week scan and wishing you a healthy and happy second and third trimesters after that!!

Howdy all,

Thanks for all the GL wishes for my blood test, I am now really hoping they turn out well.
    Last night DP and I must have got a bit more raunchy than I thought because the blasted condom broke. We've been using them til I get the results of my blood test and move house but looks like the universe had other ideas.
    SO I think it's fair to say that I am totally, absolutely nervous now.
    I am on CD 14 today and have had EWCM last day or two, so yes, the timing is absoluetly perfect. (says so somewhat sarcastically)

I guess I am on an unexpected TWW now, if I happen to get a BFP this month, I am going to be a bundle of nerves and absolutely scared but, also bloody excited at the same time. I am sure you all know what I mean.

'Hey' back at ya Nickster, so very glad that you're popping and feeling ill. Good signs. Good times to come!!

Fiona - doesn't hurt to look around for another GP, one that is hopefully more sensitive. If you don't find someone else you like you can always go back.

Jodsan- Good Luck I hope is was implantation *fingers crossed* for you

...Laura

Happy Easter!

ll80: I'm so glad you're feeling more at peace with everything. It's so hard to descibe the emotionla roller coaster we go through with obstetric loss. Even in the middle of my mc, there were times I felt very philosophical and stoic, then in the next minute I'd be crying. Best of luck.

Jodsan: sending you calming and encouragement vibes...

nicksterUK: I'm so glad your news has been good. I't so encouraging to hear from you, it gives us all hope!

Default Sneaking Back In Again

Just a quick note to let you know I m out for this month. I was 2 days overdue but the test kept coming back negative. Then up popped AF today. Ironically I had every symptom there is....... Ohhh Well....

Now if i can just focus on DH and I, making sure we get more than one go at "o" we might just have a bit more luck.

I ll catch up with everyone when I m back.

Hi Guys,

So sorry that I have been "silent" for the past week, didn't mean it, bloody computers! :throw_computer: The problem is now fixed and so back here I am! What made it worse was that the home computer was stuffed and I couldn't get on here from work, some idiot has blocked it! Maybe they're on to me and my non-working in here!

Seeing as I have been gone a week I will save the personals until I have caught up with you all. However welcome to all the new ladies and I hope your stay here is a short one!

I also know that I am obliged to spread some around!

As for me, well the urine test at the docs was negative last Monday, what did she expect with AF due that day and it not being FMU??? So back again tomorrow arvo, but with FMU collected and brought in. So tomorrow will be blood test day. I am really nervous and keep going to the loo and checking, I know its not healthy and am now worried I could make it happen just by stressing about it! Idiot I know! Will keep you updated with how I go! Still not ready to post in the pg forum!

Good luck to you all and I want some more soon!!!

danielsgirl1113 Guest

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day! Yesterday was easter so we had a good day. I received my charm in the mail on Saturday that my DH bought me. It has 2 baby feet and says always in my heart. I wore it yesterday and everyone thought it was nice.

I wanted to ask a question if you dont mind. I appologize if advance if it is TMI.

I have been having some serious dizziness the past 3 days. At random points in the day I will get really dizzy and feel like the whole room is in SLOW MOTION and rocking back and forth. It is SOOOOOOO weird and a little scary. (i've never really had vertigo before and it sorta freaked me out the first time). Night before last it was REALLY bad, if I turned over in bed I would wake up because I could feel the room spinning and it felt as though I was falling.

Is this normal after D&C and bleeding? Is it a hormonal thing? ( I hate to sound stupid but I also dont want to run to my DR for something that is to be expected.) I have a DR's appointment on Thursday ( today is Monday ) so if I can just hold out until then I'll ask her. One other thing, I seem to be really "puffy" lately... my rings are really tight on my fingers (they are usually pretty loose) and now they leave indentions in my fingers IF i can get them off. My clothes are tight and my face looks puffy.

As most of you know I am a little more than 2 weeks POST D&C... These problems are showing up a little late. Still moderate bleeding that will OCCASIONALLY stop for an hour or so and then start back. (i did have some pretty harsh cramps 2 days ago for about 30 mins and "passed a clot around the size of a golf ball... after that the cramps stopped.)

I hope I'm just being typical me and over-reacting. But since you all seem so knowledgeable about this I thought I would ask. Any advice and feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Hi Everyone. I have had so much reading to catch up on! And now the site won't let me move to page 2 - so I thought I would type up a few hellos and try page 2 later.

MMTeacher - I am very sorry for the loss of your baby, but i am glad you have found this forum. As you have probably discovered, this forum is full of women who understand what you are going through and we are all here to support each other.

Danielsgirl - sorry to hear that you have started bleeding again. Just so you know, it took me 6 weeks to stop bleeding and for AF to arrive. I know how difficult it is waiting, as you just want the bleeding to stop so you know that your body is repairing. I found it very emotional and would get frustrated/angry etc every time it started again. I hope all goes well for you and things start to move forward.

Natty - I don't think I really had any early symptoms this time - in fact I don't think I had them with Nathaniel either. I only started noticing some things (going to the toilet a lot etc) around the time AF would have been due. I don't think everyone gets early symptoms and it is easy to confuse them with AF symptoms - actually the only thing I do get is feeling like AF is on its way - and then it didn't come but I still had that feeling. Confusing!

Angelbabies - I hope you are having a lovely holiday. And very funny that you do sneaky posts! Sounds like something I would do.

TM - I will keep my fingers crossed for you and keep you in my prayers for this cycle.

Bettyboop - how are you? Have you had any further news from you dr regarding AF?

PLC - your massive post inspired me to do these personals. Good luck for April 15th.

To everyone else that I have missed - I hope you are all doing well and look forward to hearing your news. Fingers crossed for some more BFPs

As for me - we are catching up with our preg friend next Saturday morning. It has worked out well - we didn't offer them to stay and they didn't ask. So they have suggested breakfast which I think I will be ok with. I know it will be hard but at the same time, this has become another fear that I need to face. She is a lovely girl and her DH can be a bit useless sometimes, so I do need to be kind to her.

I also started getting anxious again yesterday. I started thinking that my symptoms were not getting strong enough or were non-existant. It basically was a multitude of little thoughts combining to create one big ball of anxiety. I am seeing my Ob tomorrow so hopefully he will be able to put my mind at ease. I need to learn to control my thoughts spiralling. I am going to do a meditation course so hopefully that will help me learn to relax.

Happy Easter to you all. I hope it was full of peace and happiness for you and your families.

Okay have fixed the computer problem and have now ready page 2! Okay where to start...

Magda - I agree that across the board it is more common to be having babies in the late 30's and early 40's. Both of my SILs had their last at 41 each - and neither had any problems with either pregnancy. So stay positive and believe that your time will come. It must have been very difficult to deal with the mc and have your daughter run off as well. I hope things have improved with her?

Fiona - I think it is very harsh of your dr to say that you need to lose weight before he will look at alternative methods to help you conceive. I say ditch him and get a new one. Brisbane has some wonderful drs - both GP and Obs so I am sure you will be able to find someone who is sympathetic to what you are going through. Of course the GI diet will help as well - probably as much that you will have more energy etc which is always a good thing. I need to lose weight as well - but hey that will have to wait until after this baby. So don't let him get you down.

Nickster - good luck getting past the 11 week mark. I know this must be a stressful time for you. I will keep you in my prayers. I am now 7 weeks 3 days and counting down until 12 weeks. My milestones will be 12 weeks, 15 weeks (when Nathaniel passed away) and 20 weeks (when we discovered his loss).

Berecca - can't wait to hear how the next urine test goes. Please keep us posted. Fingers crossed for you.

Danielsgirl - I don't really know if there is a 'normal' recovery after a D&C. My ob had said that if I got a temperature or heavy cramping - then I needed to call him. If you keep getting the dizzy spells, I would definitely ask about it. It could be related or totally unrelated. A few years ago, I had a middle ear infection without knowing (no pain etc) but started getting the worst vertigo as a result. So best to ask about it if it continues.

Alright had better accept that I have to work today. Sigh....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast