Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

Hi Girls
    Name. Julie
    Location. Brisbane
    Conceived. Natural fraternal boy twins
    Gestation. 32weeks 1days
    Names & ages Theo and Kobe 18/12/06
    Notes. c/s- Emergency as my waters broke and could not stop contractions.

I also have Leroy who was born on 6/11/05 so 13 months between them
    Julie

Good job Julie it's almost like having triplets with such a tight gap like that!!

Mum 2 many I dont mean to be nosy but oh my god how do you cope please share your knowledge. You must be an exceptional women.
    Julie

mumzy I know I am accually finding it VERY hard, I was the typical career women, now I am the women covered in baby poop. Life seems to be leaving me behind now. But I must say they are well worth it.

Julie

PS I love your pic.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Lola - congratulations what sizes were your babies - you did well to go to 32weeks. Amazing you had them naturally and born over 2 days too.
    How are they now ?

I saw a set of quads & quints (under construction) on blogsite,one from Tiggy's

google Wilkinson quints (31weeks -hoping to get to 34 wks ) and Steece Quads (28wks currently)-

or i can PM you the links - awesome mummies !

Hi all,

I've been MIA for a while now. I've been converted to the AMBA forum, it gets too quiet on here for me, not that I don't think a lot of you!

Congrats lola that's great news. Hope all your bubs are doing well.

yeah i go on the AMBA forum as well. I saw that girl with the Quints and read her blog page - she is amazing
    all good here - just getting through the cold weather and asthma time of the year
    how's everyone else doing
    How are you going Lola - have you got a quad squad helping you??
    can't believe your boys are now 1 trish! Congrats on making it yourself- lolol
    welcome Julie - its such a shock going from being a career girl to a SAHM - i reckon i work harder when they were little than i ever worked as a career girl-lolol
    take care all
    odette

I thought you did Odette. I have a different name on there though.

yes I go to amba site too but haven't been on much for ages - as this thread is a little quiet. Guess we are all so busy with our twinks ... how on earth can Lola find the time with twins and quads I will never know.

i can run but cannot hide!!!lolol

goodluck with your embie on board - didn't risk twins again I see
    sticky vibes babe

no sense of adventure
    but still scared that it splits or I o'ed on my own as well
    that would be my luck!!
    ah well only given what we can handle. . . . .

I am 19 weeks today !! I have my u/s in 6 days and we finally get to find out what we are having. I am interested in how everyone deals with the IVF question, It really is very personal question to ask someone. I think I would be blown over if someone stopped me with my twins in the buggy since nobody talks to me now in the stores (Brisbane) I think I would be shocked !!! Mine were IVF but I don't really feel like telling strangers or even some people we know. Any good lines ??

Heather

huge congratulations and goodluck for finding out what you are having - make sure you tell us

Well they will ask *nods heads* - a guy in our twin group who didn't have IVF said he told them I had sex to shock them if they asked him...

they usually ask in a more subtle way I find - like

are they natural ? or do twins run in the family ?...

1. IVf is not to be ashamed of anyway - I think about 50% of twins are IVF now - doesn't matter how they got here.

but if you think it is too personal for strangers ...Smile and say something witty ...

well they aren't made of plastic (are they natural ?)

or you bought them on ebay (since the running joke in our twin group is that we tell our kids we are putting them for sale on ebay ... and ask tiggy too - her paed said it)

2. Do twins run in the family ? ... yes they do ... upstairs,downstairs and all through the house.

have you joined a AMBA club I am sure people will tell you lots of funny answers.

Also, has anyone seen how many sets of dolls come in twins - there must be half dozen or more in the target catalogue ... say you bought them on special at Target toy sale !

tiggy Guest

Oh Heather!
    Welcome to the mad world of having multiples!
    They definately WILL ask you. Especially if they are little, old and have silver/white hair! They think it is their god given right to know!!! Not only will they ask if they are natural or IVF, they will ask if you are bottling or B/F, if they are identical (even if they are OBVIOUSLY differing sex). They will know someone, whose Sister's Aun'ts Uncle twice removed had twins and they are 21 now, so there IS life after twins. You do get used to it...or you don't ever go outside again...or you do what Trish does and come back with witty statements that shock them into silence!!!!

Twin life is wonderful! You just learn to take everything with a grain of salt, twice over. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Lola you are amazing....Did you go into labour on your own or were you induced?

I have never heard of quads being born naturally,I'm speechless.

oh ,twin comments...
    I am often asked are they twins??? I answer no they're triplets we left the other one at home...

My twins were conceived naturally and I've only ever been asked once if they were IVF.As soon as you become pregnant you are open to all sorts of questions.It's amazing the questions you get asked.

i just didn't look at anyone when i shopped with my twins. Eye contact meant coversation. Its great now they are older and don't look anything like the same age-lolol
    the IVF question ?? Are they natural? I would say as natural as two sperm and two eggs can be.
    goodluck with knowing the flavour
    welcome to the world of multiple maddness
    odette

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast