Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

Well done for rolling, Hudson!! =D>

DD - I can't believe your GP said it wasn't from the needles! Surely its a bit too much a of a coincidence! Aidyn got a fever after his 2 & 4 month injections as well.

LOL Michelle! And epic shop is something we need to do here too... we havent been properly gorcery shopping in 6 weeks! Its always just me sending DP out to pick some things up. I also have heaps of things I need to pick up for the new house too, as we can't leave BIL with nothing! (though I would like to, LOL!)

Marcia, I hear that. I had to go and roll Brandon back over every three minutes the other day, and I was trying to have a MSN convo with my nephew in Adelaide, who kept laughing at me having to leave all the time.

The worst thing is, he does it in the cot now too, so as soon as he wakes up, someone has to get him up and in our bed, which is getting earlier and earlier with the sun coming up these days. I knew there was something good about winter lol!

I wouldn't mind the rolling all the time, but he seems to forgotten the fact that he can roll back the way he came, so he gets to his tummy, enjoys for a little, then gets sick of it, and cries for mummy to come roll him back, only to do it again 2 minutes later! Which is really annoying in the cot at 6am. Especially as then he is pressed up against the mesh sides.

Felix is soo cute. With those great big eyes! Appropriate middle name there, just don't go letting him near grandmas or girls in red capes lol!

Those wraps things sound great. We didn't have a problem till Brandon was almost outgrown his pram anyway, and now we don't wrap him, just put the bunny rug over him in the cot, but he always kicks it off. And then he has such cold feet in the morning.

He's doing the most gorgeous squealing in the lounge room now. I gave him a teddy bear I made in primary school I found yesterday going through the boxes in the shed and he adores it. It's just two teddy shaped bits of material stuffed with dacron and a face embroidered on in thick wool. Goes to show sometimes the simple toys are best. And if a 12yo can do it, even the most sewing inept person could do it.

As for Fat and frumpy syndrome, well I feel it, but I spent so long being about this size, I'm kinda used to it, and know how to hide it. I was this size until I met my xh, and they I lost 2-3 sizes in the 6 months or so before the wedding. I wouldn't mind being a 12 instead of an 18 again though!

Vicki, Brandon is 6 months on Sunday (oh no, I'll have to leave you all. Here I come Kathryn! lol) and we don't have any family photos either. I haven't even got any pixie photos done.

Poor Shynelle. Hope that she doesn't react to these needles.

Got to go, as I really should be getting things ready for Brandon to go out for the day while we get the car RWC. Yay for enforced window shopping, it's something I get to do so rarely now. (well, at least not without feeling guilty lol!)

Yay @ about to have some company !!! Much quieter in there for now LOL

Love :hbeat:

katanya Guest

Thanks everyone for your comments on Felix, it is lucky he is such a bouyant boy as he might get a complex as we tease him about his hair..it is kinda cute..thing is he'll probably be shaving it like that when he's a teenager! Susan LOL at keeping hime away from girls in red capes..it was my Austrian Father's middle name as in Wolfgang. my father was Peter Wolf, which is funny initself. I always thought it was such a cool name.

DP Lachie calls him "Cat Dog" he'll never have a chance to be sensitive about being teased about it with us for parents!

Go Hudson go..we have a similar story with tummy time Felix hated it for ages but now will push himself up and play with toys for ages. Although he has turned himself over he cries when he has had enough. He will turn on his side and move himself around with his feet.

DD that is terrible about the injections, don't worry I DID cry when Felix screamed at his..but I was much better at his 4 mth old ones..it is so hard letting someone stick something like that into them!

About being fat and frumpy, I am okay with it and DP is still attracted to me, but I look at photos and think..UGGG..and I hate not being able to chose the fun bright clothes I use to wear! I bough a jogger pram and I'm working on it! I am aiming for Felix's first birthday as I don't want to lose too much weight too soon.

spiddles Guest

I know how you feel Katanya...I got married and was 14 weeks pregnant and was size 8-10 now am size 14-16. There are some pics of me on Liam's website (GRRRRRR!! for the inlaws sake who view it) BTW Felix is such a cutie!!!

Liam is being such an angel today. I was so glad about the 6 hour sleep last nite but he woke at 1 today after going to sleep at 10. Gave him a bath and had his bottle. Is trying to hold it himself but hands are too tiny for avent bottle. Has one hand open and other as fist. I let it go for a few minutes and it stayed there and is now back to sleep. I can see it now...devil child tonite!!! I am usually flat out getting him to sleep during day. I guess I should catch up on house work.

LOL... don't you love those days spiddles and you wander around the house deciding what to do next, and you rush around because they usually wake up by then...lol!

I hear you all on the rolling business!! You know how I never could get Matilda to sleep anywhere but her belly?? And then when we went to Riverton which is one of those early child centres we worked on getting her to sleep on her back & she decided she would just start rolling at 11 weeks #-o and she would roll up & down the cot. We used to have the cot at an angle because of the reflux but with all her rolling I would wake up & she would be up-side-down ](*,) ](*,) so now we keep it flat.... She moves around all the time, she goes from one end of the cot to the other & then I find her with her arms & legs hanging out of different slats in the cot...ugh. If we put her on our bed now she would roll off.... Luckily we realised that before she did it!! Ambah's seen her at work, she's amazing... today Matilda decided she didn't want to be in the pram anymore and pulled her head up & tried to roll out of the pram!!! Thank goodness I remembered to strap her in for once!!!

We actually try to keep her in her rocker most of the time to stop the activity...

Ok... we had a full on day, I drove DH to work & kept the car & we've been to the big shopping centre near here & had too much stimulation, both of us!! So Matilda's having a sleep & I sat down with a coffee & some biscuits and no tv or radio or computer on for 30 minutes... ahhhh...

Ok... enough epic writing for me!! I hope you are all having a good day!

katanya Guest

Definitely love those days when they seem to sleep forever!

Kylie: I looked at Liam's website, those photos are BEAUTIFUL! Felix was only 1 ounce smaller than Liam, they even looked a little alike at birth!
    And I saw the photo of you for the wedding, you look beautiful! The tired from moving one doesn't count as that is not a time you should be photographed! I have some GHASTLY ones with Felix while breastfeeding (DP loves to take them THEN!) it would seem to a person looking over his album that he was hanging off my breast all day long (of course this is partially true..the boy loves his boobie!)

Christy: Matilda is AMAZING, she sounds very advanced for her age, we have a baby like that in my mothers group but he's no where near that active..I think you should be prepared for an early crawler!

I have had a great day today!!!

It started off terribly though, with Aidyn refusing to nap for the first 5 hours of the day...
    but things got better cause DP came home from work sick. And before you think I'm a nasty woman I'll let you know that its because he forgot to take his insulin in the morning... so he got home and took it, and was feeling much better a bit later, but still had the rest of the day off!!!
    So I put him to work, playing with Aidyn and bathing him, and then he drove us to BabyCo to pick up a Jolly Jumper for Aidyn, and then back to Toowong shops where I put the rest of Aidyns Christmas presents on layby, and bought some groceries.
    Had DP not come home I would have only gotten less than 50% of this stuff done!!
    I have to say I think the Jolly Jumper is one of the best things we have ever bought him. It is unbelieveable how much fun he has!! He was just soooo excited and amazed!! And it was adorable to see him dancing and bouncing around - we even took a short video clip of it on BIL's digi-cam. It will be good for him to get some excercise too, and build up some strength in his legs, as he is so heavy it is hard for him to hold himself up!
    I'm not going to use it too often though, as I have heard they can cause developmental problems in the feet & back etc if used excessively.

Hi everyone,

Well done to all the clever bubbies who are rolling around. I am happy for Jessica to take her time at reaching all milestones as she is my last bubbie and I really want to njoy every minute.

Spiddles- it probably won't be long and Liam will sleep through that bottle in the very early hours, especially if he is starting to sleep a little longer. Jessica mostly cataps during the day, more so if we are out. She will have a few hours in the bassinette in the middle of the day when we are home. BUt she tires herself out with all her awake time and now sleeps from aboput 8.30/9pm to 4/5 am. it's so nice. She is alos drinking 5 bottles of about 120ml a day, which is a big change from 70 or 80 mls x 5 feeds.

Re weight: After my first things bounced back pretty quick, it was after my 2nd that it stuck, I don't think I did enough exercise as I went back to work full time when he was 13 weeks and was absolutely exhausted. After 12 months I still had 8kgs to lose and I had only put on 12 altogether. We were getting married in the Jan so in the Oct we started watching what we were eating and I walked 4 or 5 times a week for 1 hour a day, power walking, pushing Josh in the pram up the steepest hills in Kilmore with poor Jordan who was 6 running along behind asking "Are we nearly there?" and me saying "Hurry up, the faster we walk the quicker we get home!" LOL poor dear! I lost the 8kgs in 3 months.

I haven't been back to that weight yet but the weather has been far too cold at the moment to walk much, as soon as it gets nice we are going to start walking again, daylight savings is great because we leave as soon as tea is done, and come home, bath kids and put them to bed.

Don't beat yourself up about weight, it's easy to gain but harder to lose. Amazingly I am only about 5-6kgs over my ideal weight at the moment, which I am happy with, but not satisfied to stay at that.

Hi dd, Poor Shynelle, hope she is better very soon. It's a bit of a shock to get on and everyone has typed so much, it took me 2 days to finally catch up when I came to this forum. I hope Jemma works it out soon, but I think the more pressure I put the longer it will take so I am just letting her do her own thing.

Susan- Brandon is almost 6 months, that has just flown. Who else has not long to go in here?

Anyway, must fly Arron went fishing again today. Good life he's got. I had the kids all day, made toasted sandwiches for tea, bathed Josh and Jemma, after I had fed Jessica and put her down at 8pm. Then Jemma went to bed at 8.20 and the othr 2 at 8.30, although Josh comes out at least 20 times. I am tired, my back is sore, but I bet stinky fish man won't massage it, his hands will be too sore from reeling in 20,000 flathead, Whoopee! I hate fish!

Goodnight all
    Michelle

spiddles Guest

Thanks Katanya!! Now that you say it Felix and Liam do look sort of alike!! My photographer that took Liam's baby photos knew better than to take photos of me!! She did our wedding photos back in March and is a friend of ours. Only took photos of Liam and also with daddy's hands. I don't think my DH has been game to take photos of me breast feediing.

Michelle Fingers crossed he will get there soon. Didn't sleep as well last night as had bowling. He fell asleep there at 8 and when we came home at 10:30 wanted another feed and sleep til 3:45 then up at 6:30. Liam had 7 feeds yesterday of 120 mls plus boob (think the 7th feed was because we went out). He has always been a little porker. Hope I am not overfeeding him. I usually express these days as he will just sit and suck all day on the breast and screams when you put him down. He seems more content drinking from a bottle which is ok as only takes 10-15 mins to express 120mls and at least I can see how much he is getting. Its good to hear Jessica is sleeping well.

hey girls... just a quicky as I'm not well today... Matilda's doing well... until I missed some tired signs & then she screamed for an hour (I missed them because I was busy blowing my nose ...lol) So she's asleep again & I'm going to lay down as well.... I hope you all have a great day!!

Oh! One more thing...how is everyone's backs??? Mine is really playing up today! It feels like someones swung a sledgehammer in between the shoulder blades, and sometimes it even hurts to breathe.... :-k no I don't like it....

Poor Christy, hope you feel better soon matey.

My back has been sore since I was 2-3 months pregnant, I guess because DP stopped giving me massages when I was pg, and now he doesn't have the energy anymore. He had blood tests on Monday, but we don't know what's wrong yet. The doctor thinks I have an inflammation in my back. Did the hospital give you any back exercises?
    You have to be sure and lift Matilda with your knees, not your back as babies are quite heavy, yet we generally don't take the care lifting them that we would anything else just as heavy. I don't have shoulder muscles anymore, I have steel cables. well that's what it feels like lol, but the worst spot is my lower back, and I have to watch that I don't stay on the computer for too long at a time or I have trouble standing again.

Nice to have DP home hey Ambah? I hate wednesdays, as DP is out for the whole day, not just parts like the rest of the week. Which means Brandon has to wait for his bath until daddy gets home, as I can't do it by myself, so we normally just put him in with DP, so they both get a bath, only DP has to add hot water whne Brandon gets out lol.

BRandon's not too impressed, I've dumped in his chair to watch baby einstein, but it's on repeat play and already gone through 1 1/2 times. Time to throw on the radio and grab a book and we can both have some floor time, but here's hoping he'll go to sleep before I get there anyway. He only tends to nap once during the day, and if he doesn't get that morning nap he's so cranky the rest of the day. (And by morning I mean before 2-3pm lol) He won't have another nap until after simpsons (which means after 8 tonight) and then he'll sleep from between 8-9 to whenever I wake him up for last feed (around 10-11ish) and then straight back to sleep through the last half of the bottle and through till 6am. I t used to be 8am, and it was this morning, but only because last feed was at midnight. I'm not liking this sun rising earier thing. Bring on Daylight savings where he'll go back to waking at 7am at least.

Melinda Guest

I've missed heaps of posts.....sorry guys!

Christy - I hope you're feeling better soon matey!! I've had a bad back for years so mine being bad is nothing new LOL.

Ambah - so glad you had a nice day yesterday!! YAYAYAY!!

I had to take Jacob to the doctor today....I was beginning to suspect that he had a touch of eczema, and as it happened, I was right! I've had a bit of it before myself, so I knew what to look for I guess. He's also been doing some strange looking khaki-green poos!! Two days ago he did 3 in one morning....considering he does 1 poo per day (2 at max!). He's otherwise happy and healthy, but I thought it best to get him looked at. The Doc said he looks fine and his tummy felt fine etc, but he *may* have a bit of a bug, hence the strange coloured poos....if he's still doing it by Sunday, then I have to take a poo sample into the surgery on Monday for testing....ewww!! Hopefully it will just pass though...I hope my little man is ok! Has anyone else had this happen to their bubs??

I had Kameron's poo tested once Tootie when he had gastro for 4 weeks. Luckily he had done poo right there and then in the doctors surgery so the doctor took the sample. Have you changed anything for him to have green poos ??

Love :hbeat:

Melinda Guest

Nope, nothing has changed at all. He's fully bottlefed and there's been no change to the amount he's having or the formula type etc etc.

katanya Guest

Tootie: when Felix was sick he had green poos too, it is probably just his system saying something is wrong. My friend's baby had green poo for ages and after many tests they just ended up saying she had an imature digestive sysytem..hope you get it sorted out!

Tootie - Aidyn has had strange coloured poos before as well, for no particular reason that I could see. Now I have just put it down to changes when his digestive system matures...
    His poos are also permanently a gross dark green colour now, but they gradually started turning that way after I put him on formula only, and now solids have made it worse.

:hugs: Christy... I hope you were able to get lots of rest today and are feeling much better tomorrow. There's nothing worse than trying to take care of a baby when you are sick yourself
    It also sounds like maybe you have pulled a muscle in your back... I've had that happen to me a few time too, and its scary when you think you wont even be able to pick up your own child because of the agony! Maybe if you try standing underneath a hot shower, directing the flow onto the sore part... I find that can help a bit.

Michelle - 8kgs in 3 months!!! I wish I had that sort of motivatio now!! A couple months ago I was walking at least 3 times a week, but now it has tapered down to just the pram push with Christy once a week.

Hey Katanya - If you have the time, you should come and join us in the Qld General Chatter thread!! That are quite a few of us now!!

Will write more later... Aidyn needs some playtime now.

Ahh, sleep. How I love the word lol.

Brandon's poos have been green since he was on more formula than boob which has been for about 5 months now. I read at my MCHN that green was natural for formula, but I don't know about breast fed babies.
    How long has he been on formula tootie?

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast