Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, June '05

Debbie Lee Guest

Gabby has put 740 grams on in 3 weeks!! Woah! Mind you, this time I weighed her with her nappy on so it may be a little less than that but, still, not a bad effort! She is now around 12lbs! Clever girl.

Fi - I hope Jenna sleeps really well for you today. I know that the shots knocked Gabby out for aaaaggges. Good to get them out of the way tho, hey? Hope you get your washing done. I'll PM you with the address for tomorrow Should be good. That's great that you will still be able to log in while you are visiting your Mum. It will be like you haven't really gone at all (well, to us, n e way).

Sarah - woo hoo @ Zander settling himself! Let's hope he keeps that up. I got the shock of my life when Gabby first did it. It was by accident as well! It's good when they figure things out all on their own Sooooo typical that he has gone back to liking the Avent bottles. Such a male thing to do

Tanya - I had a good giggle as well about how both your young ones fitting into the same sized nappies. How convienient!! lol I hope Alecia and Emily had fun at the school today.

Mum's group went well. I walked up but Gabby woke up when I was putting her in the pram. Wishful thinking that she would sleep I think! Ah well. She was asleep by the time I got there but woke when the pram stopped. We talked about teething and baby massage (well.. we watched 2 videos - I think that's a little bit of a cop out plus Gabby was smiling and talking to me so I didn't even really watch them). Then we all had a go at massaging our little ones. They loved it! I put some of the oil on Gabby's head too cos she has got a bit more cradle cap. Thankfully everyone has started chatting more so I didn't feel like I was dominating the conversation (I consciously told myself to not talk so much, LOL). I took the long way home because I saw my nosey neighbour up ahead and didn't want to talk to her. But she walks so slow that she was still out the front when I got back. Grrrrrr! I pretended I was talking on my mobile and she still bailed me up! She talks a whole lot of crap and repeats herself and it's soooooo frustrating. I managed to get away from her after only a couple of minutes because Gabby started sooking. Thank God!! LOL

Fi, I actually did an outloud HA at Mark taking a day off to help out. Like that would happen. You must be excited about your holiday. I hope that it's great and just the break you need sweet.

Nat, sorry to hear about the thrush, Tehya and I have just had a nice case of it too.

Tanya, Noah went well at swimming, he mucked around as ususal but atleast he didn't cry. What is "me" time ? I think I have forgotten all about that.

Sarah, yay at Zander putting himself to sleep and being a good boy for you.

Deb, hope you have a great time at Mums group today. Enjoy your walk.

We are having one of THOSE days. I am buggared and would really love a nap, Noah is asleep but Little Miss is being a witch. Oh well the day is nearly over and then I can get into yet another sleepless night. Woohoo!!

BTW I updated Tehya's page with some new pics

Take care
    Trish

Sorry Deb I was doing my post still when you posted yours. Hmmm did that make sense?

LOL at you preteding to be on your mobile so you didn't have to chat. How funny would it have been if it rang Sounds like Gabby is growing great. Good bb'y milk hey. Good to hear that you had a great time at mums group too.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww, Trish! Tehya has such a cute smile! You are so lucky to catch it on camera. I think I only have a few of Gabby smiling and, even then, it's at the end of her smile so it's not the full-on one that I get to see all the time. Hope you get some sleep tonight!

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh... BTW... have put some pics of the few scrap pages I have done so far. No laughing! I am just a beginner

*Megan* Guest

Hello girls - I am a new mum to a beautiful baby boy and would love to join this thread!

I am hunting for breast feeding info at ATM - so will catch up with you all later on!

Megan

*Megan* Guest

Kathryn - could you post this for me please?

Forum Name: Firsttimer (Megan)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 2 June 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Finlay
    Baby's Website: http://photobucket.com/albums/v709/babypics/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Born by c/section

Thanks Deb, let me just say though I take a hell of a lot of pics to get those few smiling ones. Thank God for digital hey.

Your scrap pages look great. You should see my beginners pages, makes me wish that someone had told me not to use really good pics straight up though.

YAY!!! we finally got a half decent nights sleep. Mind you she was awake most of the day and pretty grumpy too.

Paed changed the appt on me so we have to go back today at 11.30. I'm sure that all is well with her now though.

Tehya is officially 3 months old today. That has gone by sooooo fast. And then some days it feels like forever. I'm glad that she is still a smaller bub then the rest of mine where at this age. Seeing as how she's the last I really want her to stay a baby for longer kwim?

Does that mean I have to leave you girls now? You know I won't go. Please don't make me go. If I take that step it means she really is getting older. OK now I'm really being pathetic.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Shannon - from what I have heard there isn't much that you can give babies until they are over a month old. Doesn't help you very much, hey? Maybe get some of that fess saline stuff to clear her nose up a bit?

Trish - yay for getting a decent sleep last night. Hope all goes well at the paed today!

Megan - congrats on the birth of little Finlay. I hope you can find the info on BFing that you need.

Hmm... an odd night last night to say the least. Miss Gabby refused to sleep any longer than 20 minutes from about 4pm - 10pm. She was also being a bugga on the boob. For some reason she just won't stay attached! It's driving me nuts. If I sit her up, she howls because she wants more but when I put her back on, she pulls off just seconds later. Hmmm... Anyway, I gave her the bottle and she drank all but 40mls then made that up on the boob because she wouldn't put herself to sleep like she has the last few mornings. She then woke at 2:30am. It's the first wake-up I have had in about a month so I was quite shocked. I kept her wrapped and stuck her on the boob. I managed to get her back down within half an hour and she slept until 6am. I gave her a dummy and she slept for another 50 mins. I am hoping this was a once-off because I was really enjoying my 8 hours of sleep, LOL. I know, I know... I have been very lucky so far. She's probably having a growth spurt.

Off to a le reve party today and then a 4th birthday party so a verrrry busy day. I am hoping it wears Gabby out so she sleeps well tonight. Hmm.. wishful thinking??

I had a decent nights sleep last night \/
    chloe slept from 630pm till 1am O then she was back down by 130am, up at 5am back down half hr later again, then up at 815am,so although broken it was a good night, she must be getting over her cold..just as soon as we brought some panadol lol..shes been pretty smiley so far today too... yay

glad to hear u got a half decent sleep last night trish

deb, i hope it was a once off for you aswell..oh to have 8 hrs straight sleep again.. LOL

Lesley

Hey girls,
    Trish I am so happy that Teyah has had a better night... I hope you slept ok too.

Lesley, it's great when they start smiling alll the time... make you so happy . Sounds like Chloe may be getting over her cold... fingers crossed.

Deb, sounds like poor Gabby may have had pains last night. I know Violet does just what you as discribing of an evening when she won't go down. I still think she has colic too... again last night she wouldn't sleep for very long b4 screaming, finally got her to sleep at 12:15. Poor little thing, I just hope it ends soon, they say at around 12 weeks it ends... fingers crossed.

Yep Shannon, about the only thing you can do... and probably the best is the Fess Little Noses drops and aspirator. I hope Jessalyn is well soon.

Megan, Congrats again on the birth of Finlay.

Fi, I am glad Jenna went ok at her immunisations yesterday... poor little girl. How has she been?

Well I applied for the job that I was talking about... if I get it and decide I am not ready... I can knock it back. I need the practice at job interviews I think, that's if I get an interview.

Tanya

hey kathryn can u add my details please, i keep forgetting hehe

Forum Name: mouse_9_2001
    State:S.A
    Baby's DOB: 04/05/05
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl girl
    Baby Name(s): Chloe Rose
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/babypalmes/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 8 days over due but still came by herself, natrual birth weighing 9lbs 15 and a half oz

Trish - That time has gone so fast, I know exactly what you mean by wanting Tehya to stay a baby for longer, I feel like I`ve totally missed out on having a little baby IYKWIM. Glad Tehya had a good night last night.

Deb - Hope you have a better night tonight with Gabby. 8 hours of sleep - What`s that LOL, I haven`t had that in months and months. Have fun at the party`s.

Shannon - When I took Matthew to the Dr at 13 days, the Dr mentioned I could give him Panadol, my comment to him was that I thought you couldn`t until they were 1 month old, he said that I could give it to Matthew, anyway we never did as I`m sure they can`t have it till 1 month so I don`t really know what he was talking about. Anyway there`s not much you can do unless you want to try the Fess Saline drops on her.

Lesley - Glad you had a good night last night with Chloe, sounds like she`s getting over her cold.

Fi - How`s Jenna today, hopefully she hasn`t had a reaction from the needles.

Well I think my little man might be having a growth spurt as I said on Monday, he`d be asleep I put him into bed then he`d be awake within 30 minutes, he went all day and only got 2 hours sleep, yesterday he only got 1 hour, just wants to be up and play and feed, yesterday he had 5 full feeds in 6 hours, at night he seems to sleep for approx 4 hours. Thank you girls on all your advice.

And I got a little laugh from Matthew yesterday YIPEE and Daddy got a bigger one from him today, it`s so cute, he gives us a big gummy smile then you see his eyes brighten up then a little laugh comes

Take Care

Deeanne

mooshie Guest

hi girls

sounds like you are doing all great and bubs sound like they are going so well and they all sound too cute.

just hijacking your forum, re the colds all the bubs are getting, it is going around here to and lovely lani has a ripper of a cold and cutting 4 teeth at the same time so not a happy camper, anyway cause she is nearly 9mths i am using the panadol but i am also using a steam vapouriser - just steam no eucalyptus (sp?) or anything and it seems to help wonderfully with her blocked up snuffly nose, i am sure you can use these things from newborn - they are great to have, just make sure if you use one as i found out my accident. 1. if putting on a cabinet put a towel down as it might leave a mark on the cabinet and 2. have the window open a touch as if you don't the room is steamy but all the blinds get condensation etc and they can go mouldy if let unnoticed - as i said found out the hard way with first dd - had to replace curtains etc.

anyway i will go back to my own corner - hope all the bubbies get rid of those sniffles soon.

bye

Hi All,

Jenna had a cranky old time after her jabs. Shane reckoned she was running a fever when I was at netball, so he gave her some panadol, but it didn't make any difference at all!! Finally she slept from about 10pm til 2:30, then 3:30, then 4:30, then5:30 until finally I got up and fed her. Its amazing what a dummy can do to the kid!!
    She's better today, but would only sleep in the hug-a-bub, so thats where she is now. Not asleep though.......

Big day tomorrow - packing and cleaning. We have a housesitter staying, so we have to get everything ready for her and the cats.

Dee - aren't the laughs SOOO cute!! We are having little conversations with Jenna now, she gabbles back to us and talks to herswlf in the mirror too.
    Tanya - best of luck for the job - if nothing else liek you say at least its interview practise!!!
    Deb - hope the aromatherapy party went well today. We ended up in town for a couple of hours cause I was going batty by myself here. I bought the cutest Esprit top for $10. OMG there are so many sales in town!!!! I also went looking for scrapping stuff - Lincraft are having a sale tomorrow, so it might be worth you checking it out?? I hope Gabby was a good girl today.
    Trish - yay on the better sleep. Dont leave us!!! Make sure you keep checking in all the time OK?? I can't believe I'm only a month of the next one too. Time goes very quickly.....
    Congrats Megan - I'l have to check out Finlays shots!
    Sarah - Shane has already bought battery operated power tools for Jenna - I think he thought it might have been a boy, but he was secretly hoping for a girl. Either way - she will grow up with a screwdriver in one hand and a calculator in the other!!! Poor child.

Not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow, so I might check in once I'm in NZ. Mum has been out today and bought all sorts of goodies for her - cot sheets and the like. After I told her Jenna doesn't sleep with a top sheet, she said TOUGH!! I've bought a frilly lacey one - so there you go. She is going to have all sorts of fun with her, but she has a cough, so fingers crossed we dont catch it!! I'm still nervous about flashing my BB's in front of my parents. Oh well.
    Stay safe all.
    Fi

Fi, make sure that you have a great time back home and don't forget us over here. You might enjoy it too much and want to stay there. Sorry to hear that Jenna had a hard time with her injections. Hopefully tonight she sleeps well for you. Make sure that you rememeber to feed her on both take off and landing in the plane, it will help her ears with the pressure. I'm sure you'll do fine at flashing you bb's in front of the family too.

Dee, Matty sounds like he's turned into the catnapper now. Tehya went through the same thing at the same age and somedays we still have the same thing. It's very frustrating isn't it.

Deb, poor you at not getting your 8 hours sleep really sympathetic aren't I. Funny how it really disturbs you once you are used to getting a good nights sleep hey. Hopefully Gabby has settled down for you and you have a better night tomight. Have you checked out Gab's mouth, she might have a slight case of thrush making her mouth sore and that could slow her down at feeding.

Lesley, good to hear that Chloe seems over the worst of her cold. Sounds like you got a great nights sleep too.

Sarah, I hope that you and Zander are doing well. You don't seem to be posting in here as much lately.

Tehya went fine at the Paed. today. He is happy with her chest and all sound clear now. I think he was alot better today and even though he is quite forgetful he is very good at his job. She has gained more weight since last Friday, she now weighs 5.75kgs, and is 60 cm in length. I think it's roughly 12 lbs 6 ozs. Not doing too badly.

I finally got to have an afternoon nap. Noah was down and of course Tehya woke up but she just wanted bb, so I gave her a feed and took her into bed with me. She stirred after a few minutes and I thought that was the end of it all but I cuddled her up to me and we slept from 2.30 til 5ish. Not complaining about that. Noah woke not long after Mark got home - about 4.15 so that was great timing, Mark just had to try and keep him quiet. Tehya's down for the night and Noah is in bed whinging for his Dad. Mark has gone to my brothers house to watch the Mundine fight. Better not be home too late.

OH, nearly forgot. All my efforts of being a slob have paid off. Mark is paying a friend of Mums $50 a fortnight to come in and clean the house and fold washing etc. So tomorrow when I get back home after paying bills and checking out our new shopping centre that is reopening tomorrow I will have a clean house. OHHH lots of sale to be had \/ can you tell I love shopping and spending $$$$.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - woo hoo @ getting a house cleaner! That's gotta be a load off for you! And WOO HOO @ getting a nap yesterday. Just what you needed, I bet!

Fi - thanks for the tip about Lincraft. Still poor here so I better stay away, LOL. Once I start getting some more money from cleaning and from the Government, I will be able to get stuck into it. Hope the packing goes well and little Jenna sleeps a lot so that you can get stuff done. LOL @ your Mum buying a frilly sheet. Sounds like Jenna is going to be spoilt rotten while she is in NZ. Hopefully you will be spoilt too and your Mum will take Jenna off your hands a whole lot That's what grandmas are handy for!

Michelle - thanks for the tip about the steam vapouriser. Sounds like something I will need to invest in soon before Gabby gets a cold. Well, that and a new breast pump, LOL.

Dee - yep... I am with Trish. Sounds like Matthew is going through what most of us went through at his age. Continuous cat-napping. I reckon it's all to do with getting the BM supply right and working out how he fits into the grand scheme of things. There is a light at the end of the tunnel! I just hope the tunnel isn't too long for you

Tanya - I think you were right about Gabby having pains because she slept through last night. Was just a once-off - thank goodness. Let's hope that 12 weeks is the magical mark for Violet to stop getting her pains @ night. Hope you get an interview for that job for the practice

Lesley - good to hear you got a decent sleep the other night. I hope that last night was more of the same

We had a verrry busy day yesterday but Gabby was a pretty good girl. She was refusing to feed very well tho. Lots more pulling off yet cracking it when I sat her up. I had one person suggest formula to me and I refused. I reeeeeallly want to only allow her one bottle at night time because I don't want to affect my supply any more than I might already be doing iykwim? Plus, I am hoping to eventually get rid of that one bottle once she is on solids so I don't want to rely on it. Anyway, we had a good time at the perfume party. Thankfully I resisted buying anything. Then we went to the 4th birthday party and the kids were soooooo noisey. Thankfully Gabby still had a few naps in spite of it all. I tried putting her down in their bed at one stage but she woke after about 30 minutes so I just cuddled her when she needed to sleep. We were there for a good 7 hours. We got home with her already in her pyjamas, gave her a bottle and she went down for 9 hours!! Yay. I only slept for 7 of them because I kept waking to listen out for her, LOL. Still, I am glad that the previous night wasn't a sign of things to come.
    I am going to try and have a quiet morning then head up to Neil's work to do some cleaning. I really should be cleaning my own house first tho!

Michelle - Thanks for the information regarding the vaporiser.

Trish - Sounds like Tehya is picking up well and WOOHOO at having a house cleaner, that`s what we all need girls

Fi - Have a great time over at NZ and it sounds like Jenna is going to be spoilt. Hope Jenna`s good on the plane, I remember Mum saying when she flew down to Nelson with me as a baby I often got earache.

Deb - Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and woohoo at Gabby sleeping for 9 hours. How did you manage to resist not buying any perfume?

Matthew was very noisy this morning after his 2.30am feed, he kept grunting and groaning that poor Mummy kept waking up, he then decided he was hungry again at 5.45am, then again an hour later by that stage I brought him back to bed but by the time I got into bed with him he was asleep without any BFing so that was a bit strange. I think you girls are right about him catnapping, he seems to be doing it again today, at the moment he`s in his rocker in front of the kittens, he loves watching them playing that he`s gone to sleep so I`ve made a Banana Cake in the meantime, actually I better go and check it before I forget.

Take Care

Deeanne

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast