Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Fi - Yay for your shower before lunch I hope Jenna behaves and starts taking more naps during the day. Gabby is getting better now that I know how she likes to work things. She generally has a feed, a play, another small feed then I wrap her, shove the dummy in her mouth and cuddle her for 15-20 minutes until she falls asleep. I put her in her bouncer and, without fail, she will wake up within 30-45mins. I cuddle her back to sleep and she will stay down for an hour or sometimes 2. Then it starts all over again! That's the general gist of it - doesn't always work. I am trying to figure out how to stop her from waking up after 30 minutes. I have tried giving her gripe water before she goes to sleep in case it is wind, have tried cuddling her a bit longer but it's no go! Ah well, at least I can predict she is going to wake up. And it's long enough for me to catch a shower in the mean time. It's all trial and error, hey? Trying to figure out what best suits our little cherubs.
    She is in the hug-a-bub now because she didn't want to sleep. I figured out that I just wasn't wrapping it around me tight enough. Now I pull it pretty tight and she fits in snugly. It's so nice having her so close!

Tanya - yay for your grrrreat sleep! Sounds like you needed it. Good on Wato for giving you that time too. Alecia must be a great help around the place too.

I took Gabby into Neil's work today. He had left his mobile in the bathroom and he also forgot to grab part of one of the carousel's he is trying to fix (the things they print t-shirts on). The secretary who is also a good friend of ours said that Neil is such a proud Dad. He yabbers on about Gabby all the time at work and he was so excited that we were coming in today. That was nice to hear because it's hard to tell when Neil is excited about something. I put her "I Love Daddy" top on just to reinforce the message, LOL. She was pretty good - a bit grizzly because she had fallen to sleep. It's about 10-15mins from our place to Torquay where he works so it's enough time for her to nod off. She was far from impressed when I got her out.

My sister came over and was here as we came up the driveway. When I got Gabby out of the car I accidently wacked her little head on the door. She absolutely howled!! There's a nice little graze (no blood thank God!) and a dint in her head now I was crying too cos I can't believe how stupid I could be. I put her on the boob and she soon settled. She was smiling before so she must be ok. There's no bruise and Lauren reassured me that it looked worse than it was. Urrgh! Gotta be more careful with my little bundle!

Awww poor Gabby. You big bully Deb. No really, I'm sure alot more worse things will happen to her it''s just the first time she's been hurt. Wait until she's naughty and you get to smack her on the bum Just kidding, hope she's alright.

Tanya, good to hear that you got a good nights sleep and that Wato helped out abit. Maybe he realises he's on the dog house still.

Fi, sounds like you have the right idea there. I need to start getting tougher with Tehya too. I said when I was pg with her that I was going to feed her, wrap her and put her down from the start. Do I ? Nope. But I really do need to start. These catnaps are killing me.

Sarah, hope Zanders doing ok. Do you think you need to see a paediatrician for Zander or are you just going to stick with your gp?

Dinner last night was good. We had Beef and red wine casserole. I has inspired me to use my slow cooker. Tonight we are having a casserole too and it smells beautiful.. It's been cooking since 11am so it should be nie and tender.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Yum, Trish! Hand some casserole my way I have to get a slow-cooker. I know that Cailin uses hers a great deal and swears by it. She says even the cheapest cuts of meat turn out tender. Neil loves casseroles and stews so I should give it a go, hey?

Hey guys.

Yay Tanya! I'm glad Wato pulled his weight and you got some sleep. I sometimes get really cranky with Bas in the middle of the night and John gets to deal with him. It sounds like Alecia is a big help with Emily though.. yay for big sisters
    I'm not sure what he weighs right now (I'm taking him to the clinic on Thursday) but last time I went about 2 weeks ago he was a smidge over 6kgs He's almost grown out of his capsule too! His head is right at the top and his feet are almost over the end!

Fi.. I know what you mean about daytime tv! It's so bad I have to laugh at it though.. especially when something "dramatic" happens and they spend a good 30 seconds just giving silly looks at the camera.

Deb... poor Gabby. It's easy to do though, it's like when you misjudged distances when you were pregnant and thumped your belly into the bench or something.. you just forget that you need to leave enough room. I hope that she's ok now though

Sarah... how's Zander doing? Is he accepting being fed more often? I hope he manages to get enough to stay down so he puts onn a nice lot of weight next time you get him checked.

Trish... sounds like the slow cooker is worth investing in then Good luck with getting strict with Tehya. I have good intentions with Bas, but as soon as I get him cuddled up in my arms and he starts smiling....

Hopefully I'll have some new pics on my website soon, and I might even be able to keep it up to date!

I'm not looking forward to Friday, Bas is booked in for his pneumococcal injection I bet I'll cray as much as him!

Oh well.. better go load the dishwasher or the dirty dishes will still be on the sink in the morning! Hope you all have restful nights

Geez, must've been half asleep yesterday, I was sure I had posted :-k Maybe not?!

It is funny Deb about neeeeding a shower now, I think it might be sleep deprivation - you at least feel awake after a shower! Awww poor Charlie! I think mummy needs to give him a bath & nice big brush. Poor Gabby getting bumped on the head. Remember when I did it on the microwave a few weeks ago? It makes you feel so bad doesn't it

Yeah I cried too at his injections Zola, it's just horrible Yuck at the cracked nipples. What sort of formula have you decided to use? Zander is on Karicare until I finish the tin (today) then we are changing him to S26 - the karicare is making him constipated & the S26 should help that & to put on more weight Yay for the walk on the beach too! Wow as Bas nearly growing out of his capsule! I think Zander has a good few months left in his! Have you thought about what you're getting next?

Thanks for the rassurance Michelle.

YAY for Wato pulling his weight with Violet =D>

IKWYM about watching way too much daytime telly. I keep thinking that I should just not turn it on! The main thing I watch of a morning is Grounded for Life on chan nel 7, it's quite funny, other than that I flick channels quite a bit! Zander hated wrapping at first, but now I think he knows that it means it's time to sleep & he starts to calm down a bit. I hope you manage to get Jenna into better sleeps during the day.

I think we're going to stick with the GP for the moment Trish. If his weight gets any worse I think it will be a peadiatrician then. Like Deb, you guys all talking about slow cookers has got me wanting one!

Well I have been up since pretty well 4am ](*,) So very very tired mummy here. Have you ever noticed that if you have a really big meal in the night & you go to be really full that in the morning you're starving? Well I do! Anyways, I think that was the problem last night - he got hungry faster cos of getting used to bottles closer together. Does that make sense to anyone or am I just talking sleep deprived crap?!

Going to our infants info class again today, I wonder if they'd mind me sleeping through it LOL!

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Sarah! Maybe they could take you away for a nap and leave Zander at the meeting, hehehe. Perhaps another visit to your Mum's for Zander so that you can get some sleep is called for? Hey, you are not talking sleep deprived crap at all! Everything is trial and error and you may just be onto something with your theory about Zander feeling hungry. From what I can tell with Gabby, it takes a good couple of days for them to get used to something when it changes. the S26 might even do the trick. I have Gabby on that (just the regular stuff) and she seems fine with it (even though she only has the one bottle so I am not really an expert ).

Zola - waoh! Big Bas!! He is a clever boy being over 6kgs. Gabby is only 4.8kgs atm so he must be a nice, big bundle. What are you going to do when he no longer fits in the capsule? Do you have a reversable car-seat? Looks like the Gabster and Bas have injections on the same day! Needless to say, we are planning a very quiet Friday night. I have told Neil that he is not allowed to go anywhere in case we have a hellish night. Fingers crossed it won't interfere with her sleeping. LOL @ the day time TV and the silly looks at the camera. I can't watch that Passions show to save my life. It's gotta be the lamest! (sorry to those who love it ). But I do have to watch Bold and the Beautiful. You have to admit it is the most believable of the soapies Hurry up with those pics! LOL

I am trying Gabby in her cradle for her nap atm. So far, so good - but it has only been 20 minutes. The hardest thing is once she is down, I have to try and get Charlie to follow me. He snuggles up under her cradle or on a sheet that I have on the floor and he just won't respond to hand signals! The little bugger! I have to try and bribe him out of the room. Today it was with a cup of coffee, LOL. Don't worry, I didn't give it to him! I have to take him out to the shed when I am on the computer because he will bark at any noise outside when I am not around. The little bugga has woken Gabby a couple of times when I have left him in there. I also worry that he might try and sleep on her if she is in her bouncer. He has tried to climb up on her a couple of times. He wouldn't hurt her or sleep on her head but I don't want him to wake her. He just loves to snuggle up to whoever is warmest at the time I think. Maybe I should buy him a polar-fleece blankie to put in his dog-basket. Neil is going to fix up the back decking so that he can't escape and he can be an outside dog during the day. I wonder if that will take as long as my kitchen??

aaww Sarah, maybe a visit to Grandma's house might be a good idea for Zander so you can catch up on some sleep. When we were stsaying with my mum, she took Bas into her room a couple of nights when he was screaming with tummy pain so I could get some slep to deal with him the next day.
    We've got Bas on the S26 Gold Alpha Pro formula. He was a bit constipated for the first few weeks so we gave him about 40mls of diluted prune juice to help.. and it sure did I hope it helps Zander put on weight so you don't have to worry.

Deb, I am not looking forward to friday. We didn't have anything planned, but I think Felius is getting together with some of the boys either at our place or Newkie's (which is fine cause it is only 5 houses up the road )
    That's really cute how Charlie loves Gabby so much. Our boys don't really pay much attention to Bas, except when Casper wants hugs when Bas is having his bottle!

Does anyone know the secret to lighting wood fires? I've had ours sort of going 3 times today and the bloody thing has gone out again!!

Once I figure out how to put photos on my website, I'll get some of the ones I took yesterday... he is soooo cute!!!!!

Sorry Zola, can't help you with the fire. I just turn the air on, so much easier.

Sarah, how did your class go today? Manage to stay awake ok? Fingers crossed for you that Zander sleeps better tonight. Maybe you can send Zander to your Mums on the weekend. Or better yet. You go there and leave Zander at home with Aaron and get pampered

Deb, make sure you take your brave pills for Friday. It's good not to plan anything afterwards just in case.

Took Noah into the Dr's and he said just to give him some cough medicine like I have been. Good news though, he said it was ok for him to go to pre school tomorrow \/ Can you tell I hang for those 2 days a week of peace.
    After we went to the Dr's mum and I went into the shoppping centre, we were going past the beautician and I told Mum to go in and ask what age they pierce babies ears from. The answer - Any age. So Mum said come on, bring her in. 10 minutes later Tehya is crying and so am I. 2 minutes after that she's stopped and I'm still mopping up my tears. Then it came time to pay and I think I couldv'e cried again, it cost $40. What happened to it costing $12.95 at the local chemist. They did both ears at once, but of course there was a seconds difference. Apparently they charge an extra $5 to both done at once, therr is no way I could have done them seperately. She has beautiful little gold studs witha pink gem in them. The lady was telling me to get the diamonte ones but I told her she already has diamond earings, why would I buy fake ones. (my gf brought them for her) One problem though, they didn't tell me what to do with them and it's been so long since I got mine done. I got some spray stuff for them, but other than that what else do I do???

If I go MIA, you know Mark has killed me

Take care
    Trish

We had a good morning. I left Zander awake but happy & returned to him, awake but happy We talked about adjusting to being a mum today - things like what you lose & gain becoming a mum and also PND. Next week is sleep & settling so I'm hanging out for that one!

I noticed Zola after get the S26 you actually feed them more - Karicare is in 50ml lots so 150ml at the moment, but the S26 is in 60ml lots so 180ml. I wonder if that will make a difference too? I checked out your website & saw that you (well Felius) had put a picture on. I must admit though I have been checking out his website so I've seen a few photos of your gorgeous little man already!

LOL at Charlie not responding to hand signals Deb! Bear (our cat) is the same, she'll sleep wherever Zander is - under the swing or hammock, next to the rocker etc - but she has never tried to go near him IYKWIM.

Posting at the same time Trish!

Wow at $40 to get Tehya's ears pierced. All you have to do it clean them with the spray stuff & turn them at least once a day - well that's what I had to do when I had mine done!

Hey girls,
    Been to the nurse and the Dr today. Violet has put on 220g in 2 weeks, so definately no growth spurt in the passed two weeks.
    So Sarah, Violet has gained 1.15kg since birth, so I wouldn't stress if I were you, maybe he is just going to be a skinny one . I think as long as you think he is well and not sick (apart from the reflux of course).

I think I have given you girls the wrong impression of Wato, He does pull his weight with Violet, but I think last firday he was very naughty!! Also I think sometimes he is not she what to do with her when she is crying.
    We were waiting at the Dr's today and Emily had done a turd, so Wato took her to changer her nappy, I turned to the lady close by and told her "I have him well trained". She agreed and said I had done a good job!! LOL

Wow Zola, Bas sure is a big boy!! Especially compared to my little minis! It won't be long until he catches up to Emily
    We have a wood fire too. I use news paper srunched up (use a fair bit to start with to make sure it light for you, once you get the hang of it you might want to cut down) then put small kindling on top, you may want to cut some with your axe, I hold the handle near the head and cut strips off logs (not sure if you know what I mean), then larger kindling. The larger kindling will hond the flame for longer so you can get a log going. Pine needles are good to (as Shannon sugested) also bark is good, and sometimes a bit of cardboard ontop of your paper can help the kindling light up.

Trish, I have Violet in the routine that you are speaking of.... And as you might be able to tell I am mighty proud of myself . Makes life just that little bit easier.

Violet has had more nappy blow outs!! today at the dr, she had poo all up her back!! And she was wearing a huggies! Got her home and he was feeing and more poo... this time out her leg... again she was in huggies. And in Shep on Monday more poo out the leg, cloth nappy tho, so not so bad.
    Took Alecia to get her replacement bra (as most of you know bought her one that didn't fit and I took it back and got a credit note), she is now a 10 DD.... OMG WTF!! And she is only getting bigger! On the way home she told me that a boy at school told her she was flat!! LOL... boys! I told her not to take any notice and NEVER tell him what your size is... cause boys just want to know that stuff...lol

Tanya

Trish, How CUTE!!!! You think I would have Emily's done by now... me bing a amateur piercer and all... not really sure why I haven't, I think I want to leave it to see if she wants them done. But I love little earrings on little girls soooo cute.
    I would just spray them, and turn them occasionally (not too much you don't want to introduce bacteria). Make she you leave them in for at lease 6 weeks before even thinking about changing them too.
    You'll have to take a pick for us to have a squiz!

Tanya

I have taken one already but it's not a great one. I will try and get a nice one when she wakes up. Thanks for the info girls. Thats what I thought too but just wan't sure.

I was going to wait until she was 12 weeks old as that's the age the chemist does it from, plus I wanted to have my camera there. Yes I take pics of everything, I am a scrapper after all

Take care
    Trish

Zola, I just has a sticky at felius's site..... Bas is soooooooooo cute!!! Well done girl!

Tanya

Tanya & Shannon.. thanks for the fire tips. Since we've only been here just over a week I'm not too well organised. We haven't got any proper kindling so I'm using heaps of newspaper and fire lighters. Looks like we'll have to buy an axe this weekend

Tanya, that a good little poo machine you;ve got there Thankfully Bas has only done a couple that have escaped from his nappies. And as for him being nealy as big as Emily... I went to a friends tupperware party a couple of weeks ago and we compared Bas to her 10 month old daughter.... not a lot of difference! He was almost as long as her, but she was a bit bulkier. I've even had to go up to the medium size snugglers nappies for him! And yes.. he is gorgeous I'm trying to put up a couple of pics on my site that I took of him yesterday in his Tigger suit... I even got one or two of him smiling with his dimples showing

Trish.. ouch! Poor Tehya, and poor you! I had to laugh about you crying longer than her though... I would have been the same! Hurry up and get a pic of her up with her new decorations!

Sarah... thats interesting about the differences in formula. We didn't look at any others because they gave us S26 to comp him in hospital. Bas pretty well scoffs down his 180mls, but you could try Zander on 120mls to start with if you're trying to give hime more feeds per day. Hope it helps your poor little man.

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow Trish @ getting Tehya's ears pierced. At least she will be used to them as she grows up. Mum used to just dab on some metho on ours (we all got them done when we were 5) and turn them once a day like Sarah said.

Tanya - sounds like Violet is gonna be a skinny-minny too. Oh dear at the poo blow-outs! Your turn for lotsa poo, hey? Give Trish a reprieve.

Zola - Bas is just adorable! I know you already know that! Can't wait to see more pics.

Sarah - sounds like mothers group is going well. Good to hear that Zander behaved himself once again!

Fi and I went for a giant walk today down to the shopping centre. We had lunch and both girls behaved themselves. We had a look around Target but Gabby cracked it so we went to the baby change room which thankfully had a chair to BF in a little cubicle. So we tag-teamed with the feeding. Both girls were so well behaved. We spent more time feeding than shopping, LOL. Got home (it's about a 45 min walk) and my legs are sore but it felt SO good to get some decent exercise. Got some cute pics of Gabby having tummy time and have put them on her site. She is getting so great at putting her head up!!

Yes that certainly was a big walk Deb!! My legs are killing me too. But like you say, its a good sore. I fed Jenna again when I got home, and then put her down - I got 30mins!!! Oh well, I told Shane to take her, and I've got a little time to myself. Gabby was very well behaved today, they both were considering, and the nappy was very wet when I got home. She didn't mind, and Shane got some cheeky smiles from her.

Zola - Bas is gorgeous, but you know that! Wow at being so big already! Have you turned around the carseat yet? I know that you they should only go rear to 8kg, but I'm not sure when you can turn them around. I can't wait so I can see what my little girl is up to.

Tanya - you do fires exactly the same as me, and I use the axe the same way to cut kindling. Being a tomboy rules sometimes, I can do all this useful stuff as an adult like mowing lawns and changing tyres that I may not have been able to do so easily if I'd been a girly girl. Bugger on the poo blowouts! Is it time to go up a nappy size or have you already done that? Wow on Alecia! She's only about 13 or so isn't she?? When Shane and I see larger breasted girls/women out, I go "hooters" in a cough under my breath. We always crack up laughing!! I'm allowed to, cause I'm a DD at the mo too, so I'm poking fun at me as well.

Trish - OMG on getting Tehya's ears done. Shane and I have both agreed jenna isn't allowed until she is 11. That's when I got mine done. But if you already have some diamond earrings for her to wear.... well that changes everything!

Sarah - you are lucky with Bear. I don't trust the cats around jenna, so they never get left in the same room with her alone. The other day jenna was bellowing, and Lily bit her (not hard...) Lily always bites people when they get too noisy. I'm not sure why, we had another cat that did it too. When I threw a tanty as about a 10year old, Abigail came into my bedroom to comfort me, and bit me! Well it made me scream even louder. I'm not sure what it is, something to do wiht wanting to calm us down somehow?

OK - better go, Jenna is absolutely SCREAMING!!!!!! Shes with Shane, and I know she's just tired cause she has clean nappy and has been well fed. Oh well, I can't do any better, so maybe I should just leave him with her!

Fi

Deb, the way I see it atleast at this age she won't play with them and get them infected. Haven't had a look at Gabby's pics yet but I'm sure she is gorgeous.

Zola, Bas is beautiful. A nice cuddly little boy, just the way I like them

Tanya, poor you and all that poo. I so know how your feeling. Wow It looks like Alecia has already got huge bbs. Makes you think what that boy sees as big boobs then. He has serious problems. Problem is maybe these olderboys will think she is older than what she is with such a developed chest. I'd be watching her and giving her a good warning about the boys. You know what they are like.

Yay on the big walk to Deb and Fi. The most walking I get these days is around the shopping centre.

Take care
    Trish

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast