Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

Aww poor Gabby, how did she go over night Deb? Your right men just can't tell the difference in their cries. It's like "she's got wind, sit her up" or "give her a cuddle she's tired" As ususal mummy knows best HAppy 2 months Gabby =D>

Sarah, yay on gettting some warm stuff for Zander. I have one of those sleeping bags too with the seat belt hole. I think mine is a bit different though it doesn't cover hands I think.

Yay for Matty, what a clever boy he is. Before too long he'll be crawling.

After having to strip my bed completely yesterday because of Tehya's huge monster spewing through it I thought I'd be smart and put a cloth nappy under her head for feeds and sleep. All went well over night with no huge spews until this morning. Noah was leaning down for a chat to Tehya when she did the biggest spew, her mouth was wide open like an exorsist spew. Thankfully the nappy was there and we missd most of the bed. Her clothes on the other hand.....Noah got alittle on his face but not too bad.

I can't believe that Noah is supposed to be that sick. He has been a horror. Yesterday alone he
    : picked Tehya up out of her rocker and put her on the floor.
    decided to climb into the cupboard to get out an old bottle and got the milk out to make himself a bottle.
    poured a cup of drink all over the lounge and floor.
    trashed all the clothes that were folded in his room in a neat pile that are too small.
    and finally (i think) I found him sitting in Tehya's bassinet - lucky it didn't colapse and she wasn't in it.

Stuff the terrible 2's, what about the 3's.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh dear... Noah sounds like Dennis the Menace! I have to admit tho, it sounded quite cute I am sure it's not so cute from your end tho, Trish! OMG @ all of Tehya's spewing. Sounds like she and Jenna could have a competition!

Sarah - yay on the new outfits for Zander. The sleeping bag sounds good. I have quite a few of them but a lot of them won't get used because they are 000 and she is in that now. She likes to be wrapped to sleep so the sleeping bags don't get any use! Ah well.

Thanks for the congrats guys on Gabby being 2 months!

She slept from 11pm-6:30am but hardly fed before-hand. She had a short BF and out-right refused to drink her bottle when she normally scoffs it. I was sooooo worried! I couldn't keep her awake no matter what I did so I wrapped her and put her to bed. I was expecting her to wake up hungry in a few hours. I went and checked on her at 1:30am and she was still asleep. I had to touch her face to see if she was alive, lol. I then checked on her at 3:30am and still sleeping. I was surprised she slept all night with hardly anything in her tummy. By 6:30am she was her usual self and had a nice, big feed and lots of smiles. She also had a very full nappy that leaked while I was feeding her (I like to chuck her on the boob before changing her straight away because I want her to be happy to be awake iykwim?). So she must have been ok. Just that the injections and panadol zonked her out. She is well rested and I am far from it but all is well.

Deb - glad the vacc's were OK in the end. I can't wait to get them done by myself. Oh.... I'm not sure how I'll cope. I might feed her while they are jabbing her. She didn't even wake up for the heel ***** or the birth ones, so I'm think i've done my luck out.

Sarah - sleeping bag sounds cool - I had wondered what those slots were for in the bags!! Now I know. Durrrr.

Trish - sorry but Noah does sound a little cute. I'm sure its not for you though.

Crap nights sleep, I feel like a zombie today, and we are off to the basketball tonight. I hope Jenna behaves herself - ie sleeps all night!!

Oh - and I got my haircut last night. First time in about 5 months, so its only had a trim, but feels heaps better.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - what day are you getting the injections done? I could maybe see if my Mum could look after Gabby and I can come with you for moral support? Let me know, ok?
    Yay on the hair cut! I will be joining you on Tuesday. Can't wait, I think I will feel like a new woman!
    Sorry to hear you got a crap sleep tho

Got a pic of Gabby today wearing a pink jumper that Mum just knitted her with matching booties. She also knitted a matching little teddy (and a BF for the teddy ) but I forgot to put them in the picture! Doh! Will put one on her site asap

Glad you girls think he sounds cute. Wait til it's your turn

Deb, just had a look at Gabby's page, she's such a cutey, she's got nice cubby cheeks like Tehya's, ones that are begging for a big smooch.

My grandfather was calling Tehya "chubby chops" today. LOL I live little fat cheeks.

It's the first time I've seen him in a couple of weeks. Poor thing - he owns and races greyhounds. His dog's name ws R Sole. lol. Anyway this dog was a winner and still a puppy. Mum went out with him to the trials on Tuesday night and the dog was winning, another dog cut him off and r sole (his kennel name) lost his footing and went straight over the rail. He popped his shoulder clean out of the skin and did lung damage. My poor grandfather walked over and saw it too. They ended up having to put him down out there at the racetrack. He was devistated of course. Poor Poppy Ernie

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh no, Trish! That's terrible! Your poor Pop!
    Funny name for a dog too. Pity that he had to come to such a horrible end
    I agree with the chubby cheeks. I always ask Gabby if I can eat her. I bet she tastes like cheese cake. She looks at me like I am a looney, LOL.

LOL @ the cheesecake. Poor babies and the things we say to them. Thank God they don't understand most of it yet.

I think the dogs racing name was Jokers Jester or something like that. I thought the dogs name was cruel but very funny, pity he couldn't race him under that name.

So did the photographer friend of yours come over yet???

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Not yet. She is coming next Sunday so hopefully we will get some awesome pics

Mum just came over. She knitted some premmie hats for friends of ours that had twin girls @ 26 weeks. The hats could fit a tennis ball! So cute!

Oh, I love the tummy time piccies Debs, she looks like the cat who ate the canary - clever little chook! Sooo cute...

Ok, better get off BB and do some work now!

Big hello to all the other ladies here!

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks Gabby! Yes, she does get pretty proud of herself when she does something clever

Not much on today. Have cracked it with Neil for more of the same crap Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier if I was a single parent - at least I wouldn't keep getting my hopes up, uno? Told him not to bother coming home last night. I have no idea where he is, nor do I care. Lovely, isn't it??

We're in the same boat Deb. I cracked it at Shane last night, and said I was pretty close to just going back to NZ and leaving Jenna with him.

I'm totally sick of every question about me being something to sdo with being a mother!!! There is more to me than that!!!

Zander is very proud of himself too when doing something clever too Deb! Sorry Neil is acting up again. How cute about the premmie hats The picture with Gabby's new jumper is very cute - great colour your mum picked out. When I have Zander in his sleeping bag I stil wrap him in a light wrap for bed cos he likes it too at the moment.

LOL at your pop's dogs name Trish, but so sad what happened to him Has Noah gotten worse since Tehya arrived?

How was the basketball Fi, did Jenna behave herself? Yay for the haircut too. I'm thinking of chopping mine all off - at the moment it's almost to my bum & I love it, but it' too much work, so I might chop it to shoulder length soon.

Very tired today - went to a party last night & got home at 1.30, Zander didn't go to bed until 2.30 & then was up at 7.00. The worst thing was that Aaron was drunk as, so he was snoring very very loud which kept me awake for another hour after I went to bed ](*,)

Basketball was good Sarah - Jenna was perfect, but took ages to get down once we got home, adn was then pretty restless. I think I got about 4 hrs sleep. DOH!!!!
    I dont have the patience to deal with drunk people at the moment. Specially since its becoming increasingly apparent I wont get to be drunk for a very long time!!! I could do the EBM thing, but you still have to express to chuck it out, so really, can I be bothered? NOPE!!
    LAzy I know, but at least my liver is thanking me. Finally - after years of abuse.

Even though I'm no BFing I just can't bring myself to drink more than one cos I know that Zander needs me in the middle of the night so I need to be relatively lucid. I hear ya on the 4hrs - I had 3 last night, but that's a whole other story.

Sarah, Noah has been getting worse and worse over the past few weeks. Never as bad as he has been the last few days though. We try to talk to him, be nice, yell and scream, smack, put him in his room, you name it and nothing seems to be working ](*,) Mark and I are at our wits end with him. We give him attention, Mark more so I must admit but it doesn't change a thing. We have tried Mark taking Tehya and me doing stuff with him too but still no difference. Anyone want a 3 year old??
    Even when I wasn't bfing the big boys I never drank alot because I knew that it would be me looking after them in hte middle of the night. Then there is always the thought of "what if something happens to them overnight" kwim.

Deb, sorry to hear that you are having hassles again. Let me tell you I know from personal experience that as hard as it is being a single mum it is also better in alot of ways. There is no body to let you down - if it's not done, blame yourself. Nobody can disagree with how you are dealing with the kids, it's all up to you. There are pros and cons to it I guess. Still at the end of the day it's far nicer to have someone to share it with though.

Fi, sorry to hear your having crap too. IKWYM about you just being a mother now too. It's like heres your baby and I'll take your former identity thanks.

Naughty me hasn't given Tehya alot of tummy time, and after Friday when Noah picked Tehya up I don't think I'll be leaving her around him to often. She is geting really strong with her head though too, she has been pretty good since birth though. Not really floppy at all.
    I updated Teyha's page if you want to look. I think you can sort of see her new earrings in one of the pics.

Poor little mite is sick again. She has a cold. We all have it, Noah has it pretty bad so does Mark. I have the stuffed up nose and I can feel it's starting to go down into my cheast. Tehya is coughing alot and chucking up phlegm(sp) atleast it is comming up I know but she coughs all night and it sounds terrible a bub this size coughing like that.

Nell, Tanya, Nat and Zola hope you are all doing well and that your bubs are being nice to you.

Take care
    Trish

LOL Trish! You must have known I was here reading and ready to post!
    I can't believe how long it has been since I have actually posted in here. Managed to come in a read all the posts, but something always comes up when I want to reply grrrrr. So I thought I'd take the opportunity to do it since Jacob is sleeping nicely on Jeff's chest.
    Jacob has been doing really well (ironically he's not the reason I haven't been posting LOL) Last Tuesday he hit the 10lb mark so he is now been called boofa boy by his brothers! He has managed to get a nice case of oral thrush so we have been treating him for that as well as me (yucky stuff) and my bbs.

Trish - Sorry that Noah is basically driving you nuts. Matthew was pretty much the same when I had Zachary and it does really get under your skin. Poor Tehya getting a cold. It always sounds so sad bubbys not being well.

Deb - Gabby's pics are so cute. Sorry to hear that you're having hassles.

Fi - I wondered what those holes in the sleeping bag were for too. Can't believe how logical it is LOL!! Glad Jenna behaved at basketball and woohoo for you getting your hair cut! I have forgotten that I can actually do that. Can't remember the last time I actually went, but make the boys and Jeff get theirs done all the time ](*,)

Sarah - Grrr at your disrupted sleep!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hope the dreaded flu stays away Trish, sounds like it is the last thing you need atm. Wish I had advice for you re Noah as you always have great advice for us.

Sarah - hope Sunday was a better day for you and tonight you get more sleep. I don't like drinking much either, and I have had a couple now and then seeing that Matty sleeps all night but getting up at 6.00 - 6.30 would be no good on a hangover either.

Jacob is growing well Nat! Are you coming to the next meet on June 2nd? Matty is now 12pd 8oz.

Fi - hows the study going?

Deb - hope all is okay for you. Matty pretty slept alot after needles as well. Glad that you got through it okay, I just hated it myself!

Hope everyone else is going well.

Matty is still well and didn't catch my yucky cold/flu/infection luckily. He is now rolling around all over the place. We finally fixed up his room today and is 3 months old lol. One good thing about today, he hardly vomited, hopefully that's a sign of things to come. [-o<

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh no @ the colds, Trish. Where on earth are your kids finding all these bugs? You must be going nuts. As for Noah's behaviour, maybe Super Nanny is the answer?? All part and parcel of getting used to a younger sibling around I guess. Still, doesn't make life very easy for you! When you said that Noah picked up Tehya, it reminded me of a story that Mum told me. When Lauren was born, I was only 2. N E way, as she and I got a bit older, I started "helping" her out of her cot. Mum couldn't figure out how so she sprung me one morning. I would pull her out by her head!! LOL Apparently Lauren was quite ok about it all (and I would say she was quite a bit older than little Tehya). Oh the crap that younger siblings have to endure!!

Fi - sorry to hear that things have been tense @ your place too. I am very anti-men atm. So sick of it all! I don't blame you for feeling like taking off to NZ. I'll come with you!

Sarah - urrgh @ Aaron's snoring. They should be made to sleep outside when they have been drinking and snore like that. Sorry to hear you got a ****ty sleep.

Nat - good to hear that Jacob is doing so well and putting on all that weight. LOL @ him being called a boofa. Sounds like you are nice and busy most of the time with all those boys about!

Hmm... well.. Neil and I still haven't sorted everything out. I have written about it in the punching bag cos it's too long-winded to put in here.

Apart from that, Gabby is as happy as larry! I think she is getting close to giggling and she is slowly discovering her hands. Every time they are near her mouth, she tries very hard to put them in.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast