Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

Hi all,

I'm very close to giving up on the whole idea of studying. I shall try a little today though as I have done the nappies and got her down. I did want to get photos organised though cause I want to start building a album up.

Trish - sorry to hear about little Noah being taken over by the trolls. I have to say from the xperience I have had with my nieces, its par for the course with a baby that age!! I remember her eldest being really bad for a couple of years with her little sister - lots of problems sharing and things, but now everything is just dandy. Good on Mark for helping out though, hopefully you get a bit of relief over the next few days. Poor Tehya getting sick again!! #-o

Sarah - Hope you had a better night last night. And the drinking thing, yeah I agree. who'd wanna get up at 4am with a dry mouth!!! Bfding means my mouth is always dry anyway, I must drink 3L of water a day!!

Nat - Yay on Jacob doing well. I have to admit I looked at Jenna this morning and decided she was definitly gettin bigger. She is out of the last of her 0000's which I dont think is too bad. 6 weeks from them?? I'd say she's getting closer to 10lb too, she was 9lb 2 weeks ago, so it would be reasonably close now.

Deb - sorry you and Neil still haven't sorted the stuff out. Shane and I are getting there after I completely lost the plot on Saturday night. It also helps that we went out to Lara yesetrday, and the place is so close now I can almost taste it!!! My floorboards look SOOOOO good, and the carpet is being layed tomorrow. Only 2 rooms left to paint, and then we just have to replace all the powerpoints and lightswitches and clean up. YAY!!! Hopefully it will be on the market in about 2 weeks. Finally, weekends for family time. What day do you want to walk?? Wednesday?? I say we make a couple of sandwiches and eat them up in the gardens. We can take a mat and give the girls tummy/back time if they are awake.

Nell - isn't matty clever! You must be stoked he didnt get sick too. And as for the rolling - cute, but no more babies on high surfaces without a hand huh??

Well Shane's sister was delightful last night. we dropped in to say hi on the way back from Lara, and she said "About time". She starts work at 1pm in Melbourne, and gets home at 7pm, and we are supposed to bring a newborn over to her house???? I dont think so - and not once has she come over here to help me in the morning by bringing morning tea or cleaning up. Such a bloody cow. So I stuck Jenna in her arms even though I knew she would fuss (hungry, tired). The silly woman just sat down with her on a chair and talked to her. No wonder she cried. You can tell women who have had children, when a baby is upset they ALWAYS stand and rock the child. Serves her right all Jenna did was sooked.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay on Lara being nearly finished, Fi! I will have to come and have a look before you sell it Good to hear you and Shane are slowly sorting things out. Can we make our walk on Thursday or Friday? I am meeting up with friends from high school on Wednesday arvo and it might just be cramming too much into one day.

Fi, yay on the house at Lara being nearly ready. It must be a huge relief. Had to LOL @ women with babies always standing up. I must be one that doesn't- well not any more. I found that after starting it with them sometimes you end up doing it all of the time. Of course I only found this out after having children and doing it It's very rare for me to get up and walk around the house to settle them. Ok, I must admit to doing it in the shops though. Or when it just gets too bad. Have you put new pics of Jenna on her site? Would love to se how she's growing.

Deb, your poor little sister, lol. I used to do horrible things to my little brother too I said to MArk yesterday that we need the Super Nanny too.
    Yay at Gabby finding her hands. Soon enough everything will be going into her mouth. Tehya chews on hers like crazy, they must taste good.

Nell, that is great that Matty didn't catch your cold. Yay on him rollling around now too. What a big boy he is getting. Goes too fast doesn't it.

Nat, well done on Jacobs weight gain. Obviously bb is doing great for him. Ouchie on the nipple thrush, I never realised it could hurt so bad til I got it with Tehya.

Sarah, hows Zander going? Hopefully you got some good sleep last night.

Well I had Tehya at the Dr's this morning. She has a head cold (already knew that) n e way, Dr wants me to keep a close eye on her for bronchialitis (sp) even though her chest is clear atm it could all change in the space of a day or even an hour he said. If she ends up with it, iot means hospital I have booked her back into see my normal GP on Wednesday afternoon, taking Noah too. Hopefully it is all clear by then.

Had a pretty good nights sleep for once. Tehya was down by 9 and slept until 4.40am so thats a great sleep for her. My bb's were so damn full too. Poor chook even when she does try to feed she ends up choking and gives up so I'm never drained properly.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh no, Trish! I hope Tehya doesn't end up in hospital. That's great that she had such a good sleep though! I hope you got one too (or is that wishful thinking??).

I got some Fenugreek tablets today. I just want to boost my BM during the day as Gabby just doesn't seem as content after a feed as what she does in the mornings. Hopefully they will help out a little

I have managed to vacuum half the house today. I was sick of it looking like crap. So I wrapped the Gabster, put her in her bouncer with a dummy and set to the carpet. She was asleep by the time I was finished. A good excuse to vacuum every day I reckon!! LOL
    I will hopefully get the rest of the house done later on but I will do it when she is awake because the floorboards are bound to be a lot more noisy.

arvo girls,
    sorry I haven't been on for a few days... no excuses either 8-[

Deb, it sounds like Neil is having a bit of trouble coming to terms with all the sudden changes that come with being a new parent. It does happen, Wato went thro it all too. Only difference is that he went thro it when I was pg with Em.
    Glad that Gab's injections went ok. Wato held Violet, I wasn't even in the the room when they gave them to her. They did hers two at once and then onw by itself. Don't you just love the look on their face when they give them the oral one...lol.

Sorry to hear the Noah is being a handful Trish. I'm sorry I can't take him off your hands for a few hours for you. I'm sure Emily would love him . I have to say that your troubles are exactly the reason I wanted a small age gap between my two... But I am sure my troubles will begin when they are older... I can only imagine the cat fights that they will have.

Sarah, how is Zander going? Do you think he is gaining much weight? Are you still feeding him more often?

Nell it sounds like you have settled in to your house well? Are you used to it yet. It can be a bit scarry in a new house, esp when getting up at night and you forget where you are.

Nat it sounds like you are busy being a super mum over there... how are the rest of your lovely boys (I can say they are lovely cause I don't live with them )

Fi how mush study do you have left? I know how tough it can be, I wouldn't blame you if you did decide to quit, but I hope you don't, you'll be so proud of yourself in the end.

Violet is doing really well, I think she is going through a spurt atm... she is getting bigger b4 my eyes!!
    I better go and have a squiz at all these new pics you girls have put on your sites.

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - ikwym about seeing bub's grow before your eyes. Sometimes Gabby looks soooo much bigger than the day before! I agree with the look on their face with the oral thingy @ their injections. Priceless!

Tanya - I'm just doing a BA for fun and interest, and this semester I'm taking a religious studies paper, but I haven't even done the first essay yet. I think I'm pushing it to get two essays and the study done for the exam in exactly a month. Oh well - another $500 downt he drain..... Boo. But sometimes better to have my sanity I think. Its not like I haven't proved I can complete a degree - I nearly have 2, but on days liek today there is nothing you can do when a baby wont settle!!!!! t'll be good to go back to full time study hopefully next year when all the coursework doesn't have to be done in my house.

Deb - I dont know if a walk will work later in the week as we have the ANC thing on Thursday. Maybe?? Can we wait and see? Although, if you are coming here its not so much disruption I guess. So much easier when its your own home. Lets see how you feel after Wed.

Trish - IKWYM about standing up, but it seems like everytime I give jenna to someone to hold and shes awake (inevitably with wind....) they always rock her, and put her ovver their shoulder saying - "oh, have you got a little windy pain dear....". SIL did none of this. She just sat there like a stunned mullet expecting her to be happy!! And when I took her off her and put her over my shoulder patting her bum, she looked at me in shock. Its not my fault Jenna likes being patted fairly firmly, and when I do it with a cupped hand it sounds harder than it really is. we took a couple of funny photos last night - I'll try and get them on there soon. I put a new one on a couple of days ago from Deb's place though.
    I hope Tehya gets better soon. As for the BB's I hear you there!! I'm scared she'll damage my nipple again when they are full, so I have put my shield on when its full a couple of times. But I also express sometimes in the middle of the night which totally sucks. But I get my EBM storage up!

She's still asleep. The little ratbag only went down at about 1:30. Now she's awake. Shane probably poked her until she opened her eyes!! We have to go to the supermarket, so we are doing a family trip! Yay!

Fi

Fi IKWYM about people being too gentle when burping them - Zander likes to be pounded LOL! You at Lara being almost finished too, how exciting.

Tanya I've given up trying to feed Zander more often, which I'll explain in a minute. We changed his formula to S26 though which means he's having 180ml now rather than 150ml of the Karicare.

Vaccuum Deb, what's that LOL! I'm so slack, haven't done it for weeks 8-[ Poor Lauren, with her big sister dragging her round by the head Zander is discovering his hands too, it's so cute when he just moves them about looking at them.

Awww poor Tehya. I hope she doesn't end up in hospital. I haven't been giving Zander much tummy time either lately - oops!

Yay at Matty rolling everywhere Nell & his room being fixed up.

Wow Jacob is really growing fast Nat.

Had a bad bad day yesterday after I posted. Aaron went to the football at 12.30 & Zander cried & cried & cried. From about 12.00 - 7.30 he was screaming on & off, he wouldn't sleep or eat. I had a total meltdown. I left him with Aaron at 7.30 & went to mum's quite hysterical - "HE WON'T EAT." So mum came over here & took him to her house. She managed to get him to eat at about 8.45 when he hadn't had a bottle since 11.45. We stayed there & came home at about 10.30

I told Aaron that he had to stay home today cos I just needed help. So he said he'd get up to him last night. The little bugga slept through didn't he LOL - 11pm to 6am. Then he had a bottle & slept again until 9.30.

Spent half of today at Liverpool Hospital with Amanda. She got her EEG done from when she fainted. I went in with her & Aaron stayed with Zander, who was a perfect angel. All the nurses & patients said he was gorgeous, so daddy has a very big head now

Sarah how typical is it for Zander to sleep through when it's Aaron's turn to get up. It's like they planned it hey I hope that Amanda went good today at her Dr's appt and that all is fine with her. Big hugs to you sweety, I don't know how you do it somedays. Big hugs to Zander too, just because I can.

Fi, I used to bash my babies like that too. It's more sound than anything. Besides when they have a nappy on how much do they really feel anyway. There is no way that I would be waking up at night and expressing, I love my sleep way too much for that. But I do kwym about being scared that she will damage your nipple again. No one wants to go through that pain again.

Tanya, funny you should say that about the age gap. Mark said to me yesterday that the age gap is just too big, he thinks about 18 months would be perfect. I'm not about to test out his theory though Probably right, atleast they would grow up together. Just not sure I could handle 2 that young together. Hope that Violet is doing well too.

So far, so good. Tehya doesn't seem to be getting any worse. Noah slept from 12.30 til 4 this afternoon so I got a great break from him even though it's at the risk of having him up half the night. I figured it's a risk I'm willing to take, atleast tonight Mark is home to give a hand.

Take care
    Trish

Hi guys..

Wanted this to be a big catch up.. but Bastian wants feeding.

I'll try to come back tomorrow...

Just have to say YAY though.. Bas rolled from his tummy onto his back on Saturday.. Woohoo!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Debbie Lee Guest

Woo hoo, Zola! What a clever boy Bas is!! Can't wait until Gabby does that Won't be long now I guess.

Sarah - that'd be right! Zander sleeps through when it's Dad's turn! Still, I bet you were both glad to get a full night's sleep. I know that if Neil had to get up to Gabby, I would have one eye open n e way, LOL. I guess because he can't feed her it's very different, hey?

Fi - yep - we can play it by ear. If it happens, it happens. If not, then next week I should really be expressing in the middle of the night too but I am with Trish - nothin's gonna wake me up (well, except a screaming baby, LOL). I'm with you on the study thing. There is no way I could do my degrees AND have a baby! I struggled to get them done as it was. God, the amount of all-nighters I used to pull! I was like an AFL player on no-doze, lol Throw in a newborn and OMG!! My lecturers would have wondered what the hell I was on!! LOL

Trish - good to hear you got a break from Noah. Sometimes you need it for you own sanity, hey??

I am super annoyed. I rang the MCHN yesterday to find out what the hell is going on with my mother's group. She rang back to say they started last week! Grrr... She says that a few people didn't show so something happened in the post (yeah right!). I am just so annoyed because I asked about mother's group last time saw her and told her that I was really looking forward to it. Now I have missed the first one - all the introductions and "getting to know you" type stuff (Fi knows how important that is to me). Now I fear that I will never feel like part of the group. There's another girl starting today too so hopefully they will re-introduce everyone. Even when you bloody ask you get stuffed around!! Double Grrrr!

Neil and I had a big talk last night after he asked how long he was gonna get the silent treatment for, LOL. Hopefully things are sorted out but I have told him if it happens again, I dunno if I will stick around. AND, we DTD!! 8-[ Surprisingly, everything still works! LOL

How annoying that your mum's group started last week Deb. I hope you enjoy it today & they do more intros for you & the other girl - at least you won't be the only new one. Yay on DTD last night, we've still only done it once, but that's more to do with the fact that I have only stopped bleeding for 10 days after 4 weeks, then it started all over again - think I might need to see the Dr about it 8-[

YAAAY Bas, what a clever boy Like Deb, I can't wait til Zander does it too!

Thanks Trish, everything went well with Amanda as far as we could tell, she gets the results in a week. Thank goodness Tehya isn't getting worse. How did Noah go last night after his big sleep?

I'm not sure how much longer I can do this - Zander will not eat. I have to trick him into it now by giving his dummy, getting him to sleep then replacing his dummy with a bottle, otherwise he has 2 sucks then screams. He did it Sunday afternoon/night then last night & this morning. Yesterday he had bottles at 6.00, 12.30, 6.45, 10.30 which I don't think is enough. I just hope it's not his reflux getting worse. The worst thing is I know he's hungry, he gulps it down once I manage to get him to take it. I just don't know what to do

Zola, a big YAY for Bas, what a clever boy he is.

Deb, good to hear that you and Neil got things sorted out again. Nothing better than make up sex hey And great to hear that everything still works too, I think mine is broken after another failed attempt
    What a buggar about the mums group too, you'd think even if they did do a post out they'd make courtesy calls a couple of days before because mums with new babies forget alot!!

I had Tehya back down the Dr's again this morning, usually it is so hard to get in but I just said "my daughter NEEDS to see a Dr asap" and she told me to bring her down straight away, I was in the middle of dressing the poor baby. Turns out she now has bronchialitis. She was up early this morning around 5ish coughing and crying with a temp. I gave her some Panadol and some Fess to clear her nose for her and ended up kipping on the lounge with her. She coughs until she spews , it's so scary to see, then of course she starts screaming because it hurts her. I know it must be bad because Tehya very rarely cries.

N E Way, we have another appt at the Dr's tomorrow to check her lungs again. if they are worse she get's antibiotics, then a chest xray, the hospital for ixygen. Of course if she goes downhill over night and has breathing difficulties again I'm to take her straight to the hospital.
    I swear when it rains, it pours around this house atm. She has been sleeping most of the morning and for Tehya lately that is unusual, very lethargic too, poor puss.

Take care
    Trish

Sorry Sarah posting at the same time.

Not sure what you should do with Zander. Wouldn't him gulping it down hurt him more??? I know they say they will feed when they are hungry but surely a bub his age would want more.

Noah was back in bed by 9pm and after stuffing around on Mark I just went in and turned his TV and DVD off and told him to go to sleep. And he did!! Of course thats not working now when I want him to sleep

Take care
    Trish

Awww poor Tehya. to you too Trish, I think you need it. I hope she gets better & you don't end up in the hospital with her.

Hi everyone.

Sorry I didn't get more of a chance to say hi yesterday... we had a bit of a 12 hour scream session here. Today seems to be better though

Sarah... sorry that Zander is having so much trouble with his feeds. Did you swap him straight from the Karicare to S26 or did you do it gradually? I know when we moved Bastian onto fully formula feeds we did it in one big jump from the S26 to the S26Gold.. he seemed to have a bit of trouble. I have no idea what would help him to take his feeds. I just hope you find something that works before you go insane.

Trish... poor Tehya. I hope that she doesn't have to go to hospital, poor little mite.Big hugs to her from Bas.

Deb...oooer, make up sex huh Sometimes I bet guys deliberately **** us off so that they can make it up to us and get a bit of action!

Bollocks... knew I spoke too soon...better go give Grumnplestiltskin a cuddle and hope he stops crying!!

Doing it gradually Zola & he's doing the same thing with the Karicare & S26. Yuck at the 12hr scream session, sadly I know all too much about those! Glad he's better today though.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww! Poor little Tehya! That must be sooooo bloody scary, Trish! I hope they can fix her up soon. It certainly does pour down on you hey!! :hugs: you are a braver woman than I!

Zola - LOL @ grumplestiltskin!!

Sarah - sorry to hear that Zander isn't taking his bottles. That has got to be sooooo frustrating! I wish I could give you some advice but, yeah, pretty clueless. Bit hard for you to make sure he is putting on weight when he won't bloody eat! Hope the Dr. can explain why you are still bleeding and it's not too much of a complication. Thankfully mine has been stopped for a while (thus the make-up sex ).

When Neil left for work this morning he left a note on the bench "Love you Bie and Love you Gabby". So sweet! He used to leave notes for me all the time. Maybe that's a small thing that has been missing. I used to leave notes for him all the time too for when he got up in the morning. Might have to get back into the habit

Went to Mum's group at 10am this morning. I normally can't get out of the house before 11am so it was quite a mean feat! We have a group of 7 and (thankfully), they re-did introductions. It seems like a lovely group of ladies. Gabby is the youngest. The oldest is 4.5 months so a good couple of months older than Gab. I am glad she is the youngest tho. Dunno why! They talked about sleep and settling. I kind of argued with the nurse a little on the settling technique that they are advocating. I questioned why it is so bad to cuddle your baby to sleep. The answer is that you will get stuck doing it all the time. Hmmm... I don't see how that is such a bad thing. N E way, we concluded that sleep school is really only for people that have had major difficulty getting babies to sleep any kind of way so that kept me happy I dunno.. i just have a real problem with letting Gabby scream for 15 minutes at a time when I can cuddle her to sleep in 5 minutes... kwim? Of course, no offense for those of you who find controlled comforting the way to go. Each to their own, hey??

Damn... she's crying... will finish post in a sec...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast