Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month to 6 Months, February '05

Well Lily did her first laugh today!!! I'm so proud of her. You can read about it in the woohoo forum. She also had her 2 month needles, so laughing after that is pretty good. She also had the Pneumonnicoccal one which is now standard here, i didnt know that! Lily now weighs 5.3kgs, 59cms long and head is 39cms!

Since Lily was only 4 days old, she has slept through the night between 6-10 hours straight! Well for the last 3 days in a row she's woken up every 4 hours!! Must be the heat or she's going through a growthspurt. I'm not getting much sleep from it as i'm not used to it!

Thanks for the congratz re MOTM! I still can't quite believe it myself.

Pee, Ryley is certainly going to be a tall one. But then so is Lily i bet. She has grown 9cms in 2 months and she has really long skinny legs! The rest of her body is pretty skinny too. She just has a bit of a cubby face!

Michelle, hope you're feeling better soon. Yuck at the reflux, my mum has that and she now has or sorts of problems that can turn cancerious. Sorry if ive scared you!! That wasn't intended!!

Wow Mimo, glad to hear from you. Poor Hannah having bad colic. Hope it doesnt last too much longer!

Hello to everyone else who i may have missed!

Take care,

Hi Mimo... Wow what a crazy start for you! Matilda had really bad colic & I think there are a few threads floating around about what some of us did with colic... Good luck! Sounds like you are doing the best. I did top up Matilda, but I only did one feed a day and we started that at 3 weeks and I did one feed at night around 10pm which DH did as I slept and we did that until she was 4 months old and that was when we started weaning her to bottle only. Before we started the top up bottle, I was feeding her for around 1 1/2 hours bf with a 1 1/2 hour break and it was exhausting! When she was around 6-8 weeks things still didn't settle down so I spoke with my MCHN and we trialled feeding her in the morning the first feed was 30 minutes both sides, and only feeding Matilda as soon as she woke up so she wouldn't fall asleep on the boob. So as soon as I started that she went to feeding 20 minutes on both sides with a 3 hour break! It was amazing... and I still kept up with the one bottle at night which at first hurt my bb's but such a good break and it really helped me sleep & get good rest. HTH!

Hi all!

I just don't seem to be able to get a break with this computer. If its not being able to log onto broadband, its the colors going haywire. And not being computer literate, it takes me a while to work out whats happened. It has just taken me 4 days to work out what happened to the colors on the computer. Stupid me, went a little over the top deleting unwanted files and deleted some display driver (?). Re-installed it and all is okay.

I have to get new lenses for my reading glasses. They are costing $230!!! Thats just for the new lenses to put into my frames. We get some back from health insurance, but still, thats crazy!

Alana is doing well. She hasn't taken to the solids aswell as I would have liked. So after me driving myself nuts on what to do, I left it up to Db to decide. Anyway she threw up on him a little and he said to leave the solids for a little while!

Hope everyone is well.

Pietta Guest

Hi everyone!

Bummer about the colic Mimo. I really hope it gets better soon.
    I hope your Dad gets better and is okay Michelle.

Iris I started Ryley on solids at 4 months and he was the same as Alana so we decided to wait until 6 months too!

Yay for Lily!! What a clever girl oh and Congratz on MOTM!! you deserve it sweetie!!

Yes DH and I are tall- I am 5 9 and DH is 6 foot. I love the pic in the bath too. He is very photogenic!!

Hope things go well with Lani and the pumpkin!

Hi girls
    I realise now that I should be replying to all your news but just don't have the time right now.
    Eliana has stopped sleeping through the night so I am up every 2 hours & it takes me forever to get her back to sleep then she is awake again!! Not sure if it is the hot weather as she isn't sleeping much during the day either - I going to the health clinic for the first time on Wednesday so maybe they might have some ideas.
    She was really good on Sunday when we down to Surfers for the day though not too sure about the feeling of sand between her feet.
    I will make sure I reply to everyone next time

Wolf slept until 4:30 last night again! Yeah! Woke up and was soooooo amazed when I looked at the time!
    Wolf has gone 3 days again without pooing... maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day... he gets really grumpy and gasy and has been doing the stinkiest farts... I can't believe my cute little boy can smell that badly!

Funny that Lily laughed, Tegan, cause so did Wolf today! It was soooooo cute - a real grown up laugh, not the usual gurgling sound he usually makes when he's happy. I was so amazed and was grinning like an idiot.. I was so happY & impressed with my clever little boy.

DH is having job interviews in London tomorrow... keep your fingers crossed for us that he will land a job, cause I am sick and tired of not having any money and the stress associated with running your own biz. We might have to fold our current company, but that depends... would like to keep it running half-steam myself to give me something to do during the day when Wolf sleeps.

Okay, will hop into bed and catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs now. Wolf slept until 4:30 (from 8 pm) so want to make the most of it if he does it again!

Snowy

I just realized I posted twice about him sleeping that long... that shows you how deliriously excited I am about it ..... lol

Aww yay at Wolf laughing Snowy. Really melts your heart doesn't it?

Thanks for all the support about "our" colic probs, she had a great day yesterday so Im feeling heaps better. One thing I should be very, very happy about is that she does sleep from about 10:30PM to 5am-ish most nights. I had to laugh this morning though, my boobs were so full and milk was pouring out - we had it everywhere but in her mouth. At 5am this morning all I could do was laugh at the mess we had!!!

The midwife is due this morning for our checkup, I cant wait to see how much she weighs coz last time the MW was concerned about her weight gain and Im sure she had grown heaps since then. We are off to the hospital tomorrow for her hip check - do they do that in Oz? As Hannah was breech and a c/section she has to have it checked.

yep Mimo they do the hips checks at 3 days, 2 weeks and 2 months here in Oz. Being breech & c/section Hannah is more likely to have colic problems too. Some chiropractors help tremendously and I have just heard from some girls with babies with colic & reflux that two or three trips to an osteopath stopped that entirely... :-k I would definately try that if Matilda still had problems. Thats great that she sleeps so well! YAY!

Snowy thats great that Wolf gave you a great rest too! YAY!

So who's next to join us in 6-12 months?? I think Tootie is on her way in a few weeks....

HI girls,

Michelle- grr at MCHN who change their minds, it's hard enough trying to work out what to do without the professionals changing the program. I think I would prob have done the top up before the food too, but whatever works is the way to go. Christy's ideas seemed good.

Snowy- Yay to Wolf, and good luck with DH's job, what is the job he's going for and what do you do in your own business? If you go to London can you keep your own business going? Poor Wolf, hope his bowels start doing the right job, but LOL at the smelly boy. Babies aren't just fun and cute, they are also really smelly sometimes.

Tegan- Yay for Lily too, they are so cute when they start laughing. Jessica laughs so hard when you tickle for and it cracks me up.

Mimo- As Christy said Hip checks are a normal thing, I think Jessica has been checked by every doctor we have seen (3 in total) and by the MCHN at least 3 times. LOL at the milk everywhere, esp at 5am, a great time for cleaning up.

Mel- great to hear Eliana is doing well, it can be hard to keep up with the posts sometimes, esp with a little bubba. Don't worry I'm sure no one is offended by you not doing personals, we understand.

Lara- bummer about the lenses costing so much, they have the market covered though as if you need glasses what else can you do.
    Poor Alana, throwing up her solids, maybe just give her another week or few days and try again. No point stressing you all out.

Well better go and get the girls ready, as after the HC we are going to Mum's to work. Haven't got much scrapbooking stuff listed on ebay at the moment and you don't make money that way.

Best wishes Michelle

Oh sorry forgot to mention...

Christy I had a peek at Matilda's website and she is so gorgeous but I couldn't believe how quickly she had grown up!

I think Pee may be the next one moving on, I will be there on the 2nd of March (BOOHOO!) I am so not in a hurry though.

Cheers Mciehlle

It happens so fast!! Thanks for that, I think she's pretty amazing myself O

Where is Tootie? I haven't seen her post for ages!

Just as I was writing about the midwife before she turned up! Hannah weighed in a 4.23kgs which is nearly 1 kg since her last weigh in, I was very happy. The MW stressed how important it was that I try and keep to my routine, Im going to have to be pretty tough when we start getting visitors coz she is so much happier when I stick to only letting her stay up with us for a max of 1.5 hours before taking her back to her room. Mind you at the moment I have her in the bouncer at my feet coz its too hot in her room, all good in theory I guess......

Thats interesting about the osteo and colic - what is it they do? I never seen an osteo so Im a bit unsure as to how they differ from say a chiropractor.

Tegan thats so cute about Lily laughing, I cant wait for that, we are getting lots of smiles and noises but no laughs yet.

Snowy, how do you feel about a move to London? Have you lived there before? What would you do with your unit in Berlin?

mooshie Guest

hi girls

just popping in to check over the messages quickly then i am in bed - before the night starts again lol

i started lani on her solids yesterday - pumpkin, i steamed it then mashed in finely with a fork with some of the liquid then stood over the bowl and squirted breast milk in - oh how dignified lol - my ds was amazed it was so funny, anyway she just loved them - she had around 2 teaspoons - around 10 baby spoons and just opened her mouth like a little bird - to cute at first she pulled a funny face and then i couldn't get it in quick enough - makes me think she is really hungry who knows - i gave them to her about 4pm yesterday and it made no difference to sleeps she was awake at 12.30am (dummy in) 2.00am (feed) 4am (in bed with us i'm knackered) 6am (feed) then up AHHH where is that little girl doing the full 12 hrs 7 till 7. i will see how we go with the solids for the rest of the week and if that does not make difference to night sleeping then i will give her a bottle of formula at 7pm before bed starting next week - i have a feeling she has gotten herself into a little habit who knows ](*,) well we will figure it out eventually

hope everyone is going well and will do personals soon

see ya

hi everyone, its so freakin hot here I haven't the energy for a long post . Yasin was a bit restless from the heat but DH put him to sleep, bless him.
    MiMO bummer about your coilc problems, the baby next door has colic and he sounds so unhappy. I really feel for the poor little guys mum.
    Michelle, sounds like Lani loves her food. I did something a bit naughty yesterday. I was eating a mango and Yasin looked really interested so I couldn't resist and I let him suck the seed for a tiny while. He loved it but it made a huge mess, he had mango juice all over his face and dripping off his chin.
    Snowy, yay for Wolf laughing, isn't it the most lovely sound in the world and the big gummy smiles are enough to melt anyone's heart. No matter how bad a day I've had a smile will cheer me. double yay for the long sleep. I hope your DH gets the job in London.
    Yay for Lily too.
    Melbee, bummer about the two hour sleeps I hope she grows out of it soon.
    Iris, I hope you sort your computer woes soon. DH needs new glasses, he left his on a plane about 6 months ago and still hasn't replaced them. Sorry to hear that the solids aren't going too well.

Hi all:-)

Mimo - Sorry to hear about your little one & the colic. My little girl also
    gets a bit colicy at times as well, so I know exactly how you're feeling.
    I hate to see her like that, it really looks like she is in so much pain!
    There have been times when I've lost a few tears because of the fact that you can only do so much.

But I have found that a lot of the time she will usually calm down immediately as soon as I hold her chest & tummy down on my forearm.
    Sometimes I will just sit down but if its really bad we'll walk the floor for a bit.
    It works for us-have you tried this one yet??
    Thought it might work if you haven't tried it...

I think bub has just woken - gotta go!

Carol

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast