Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month to 6 Months, January '05

mipsy Guest

3rd time over 2 days typing this - don't ask, but will be short and sweet.

Caddie, - Asleigh also has the rash, it's called Milia and will disappear eventually.

Sleep times, Sat night good, last night BAD!!!!!! I'm like a zombie today - I think she is having a growth spurt.

First mother's group today, also a weigh and measure, can't wait.

cheers
    Anna

mooshie Guest

hi there everyone

well i am exhausted ds jay is just on the go all day since giving the dummy to santa the talking has just increased 1million percent lol. the questions the whats, why;s, how comes, the whining and whinging the wanting to go to play with friends all day every day phew i thought a newborn was hard, roll on kinder i say, although if only he was born on his due date he would have been starting school next week, instead of kinda oh well 3 days per week is better than nothing.

well i logged on earlier today and have forgotten much of what has been said but i will try

anna - welecome to you and ashleigh, i hope she starts the good longer sleeps soon, although i know now with lani she sleeps and settles so well now i sometimes wonder if she is okay lol you worry when they don't sleep and you worry when they do

bon - don't you just hate it when they go off their milk a bit, it is good in a way i am still breastfeeding lani as i can't see how much she has actually taken whereas i know if i put her on the bottle i would be stressing big time about her milk intake lol that is just me a worry wart

michelle - countdown time now till kinder/school, how are they coping with holidays are they bored yet.

dachlostar - how is the hammock, has yasin taken to it and does he like it

spiddles - yay on liam getting that first tooth - i think if i remember liam and lani have been showing these teething signs for a while, lani's have not come through yet but i can see them and her gums are sooooo hot she just loves it when you give her a cold teething ring, one advantage of having a 4 yr old, he loves to sit with her and help her hold it in her mouth awwww sweet, i have found that those things called gummy are great i think katanya mentioned them in the other forum i put it in the fridge and it is great cause she can bite down on it, so far i have not used bonjela or teething relief hopefully we can cut through the first few ones without it, as i believe that they get a bit used to the effects of the bonjela and it does not help when they are getting more teeth thats just my experiences/opion. i just looked in jays baby book he had 2 teeth by lani's age with another 2 a few weeks away - by the time he was 1 he had 15 so i expect him to start loosing the baby teeth some time later this year - apparently the earlier they get teeth the earlier they loose them.

well we are off for a drs appt tommorrow lani is getting her u/sound results of her hip and also her 4mth old shots boohoo and jay is getting a chicken pox vaccine omg that will be drama lol and i am getting a mole cut out of my back. i am 95% sure lani will be ok with her hip just hope not a reaction like last time with the needle as i am going out with g/friends for dinner - well that is the plan

my social life is starting back up again hooray, gym is starting again very soon, followed by volleyball next few weeks (waiting for the next season) dinner tommorow night and a scrapbooking workshop one night next week so i am rapt - that really dependant baby stage doesn't last that long really does it.

wow what an epic i am going to grab some choccie and cruise the other forums and kids are both in bed and the tennis is on so am just having that on for background dh is out in his favourite spot - the shed lol and watering the plants.

see ya's

mooshie Guest

whoops

lara - fantastic about alana's weight gain - she will be catching up to lani soon - lani averages between 420 and 600 gms every 4 wks.

don't worry about the rolling - lani rolled from front to back at around 8wks (although quite by accident i think lol) and she rarely does it now only occassionaly she really enjoy's being on her tummy more than her back. i figure the longer they take the better they can stay in the one spot where you put them and don't find them stuck under a chair or something when they have rolled around \/

see ya

Hi everyone, I hope that you and your babies are all well.
    Today was Yasin's 3 month visit to the echn. It was great. He is now 62cm so he's grown 10cm since birth and he weighs 6.2 kg. He's now in the high 80's percentiles which is good because I wasn't keen on having a giant baby and when he was in the 90th percentiles I was a little worried about it. I remember when I was a child my little brother had a friend who was so big that his mother couldn't pick him up when all the other little boys his age could still be picked up. I felt really sorry for him.
    The echn says that Yasin is starting to teeth. I thought that I saw some symptoms last week but I put it down to me being over imaginative because 3 months is so young to be starting to teeth.
    I got a caricature of him done at the markets on Sunday. It is soooo cute!!
    Michelle, Yasin really loves his hammock now that he is used to it and he sleeps really well (touchwood). I'm glad to hear you're getting your social life back. i hope that everything goes well at the Dr's tomorrow.
    Iris, Yay for hitting the 5kg mark. I hope that your appointment with the paed went well. I'm really envious of your new floors. I want to rip up our carpet and put tiles down but we're in an apartment so we need permission from the body corp (esp the people underneath us) and we could only afford it if we scrapped our holidays.

HI everyone

I'll try to remember what I've read the computer is so slow tonight that I have almost forgot.

Lara- great news for Alana, and I too wouldn't worry about the rolling, my other 3 didn't roll until 5 months and Jessica thinks she is clever to have rolled so early, so clever that she rolls straight over everytime I pur her on the floor and then screams her lungs out. She is already pulling her knees up too so I am expecting early crawling, (Boo Hoo! She was supposed to stay little for a long time! The little bugger!)

Spiddles- Yeah for Liams first tooth, Jemma cut her first tooth at 4 months and the second a week later.

Michelle- Josh starts school on the 28th and he can't wait and Jordan is very excited to be in grade 5 this yr. they are pushing at the moment though as they are both thinking they are older than their years and really pushing me to my limits. Sounds like Jay has found his tongue, it is lovely when they do but makes it harder for the parents, having to explain everything all the time. I bet kinder couldn't come quick enough.

Anna- yay for Ashleigh sleeping longer, it won't be long and she should get the pattern.

The rash is hormonal, and all bubs gets it so nothing to worry for, it is annoying though as babies look so spotty, I think I did rub sorbolene into Jessica's.

MIL is ****ting me at the moment, first we were going to go away for our anniversary on the 14th and she changed it cause she wanted to go to a clearing sale in Bendigo, so I booked it for Sat the 22nd and then she starts whinging as she wants to go to another sale in Yea on that day. Says "Well maybe your mum will have to have the kids till I get back." Grrr! She is ****ty cause SIL moved to Echuca to live with the druggo bf and then BIL blew 0.195 and lost his licence for 2 yrs. I was glad he got caught, I can't stand drink driving and he deserves to have no licence as he keeps drink driving. When I mentioned his loss of licence she snapped my head off as she had said her bit and didn't want to hear anymore.

Anyway, jemma has poohed and has brought me wipes and a nappy so I can change her, she is so funny.

Sorry if I missed anyone, are any Vic people going to the Greek dinner on the 29th? Arron and I are going.

Goodnight Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi there everyone

dacholostar - 3mths is not early to start teething - my ds jay had 2 teeth at 12 wks and 15 by 1 yr. great to hear yasin is enjoying the hammock.

michelle - ahh mil's i hate em lol my mil is the biggest hypo out i won't say much as i know my sil is preggars and you never know she might find this site and find my posts lol. hope you have a nice night out for your anniversary.

well we went to docs today and hip hooray lani's scan of her hips is a ok gp is quite happy she did check her over again and said that it does feel loose but not too bad and the scans show everything is normal. poor little mite hated her injections - i did too this was the first time i shed a tear they put all 3 in her leg and when one was done and the nurse was swabbing to do the next she started screaming blue murder as she knew she was getting another. luckily jay had his chicken pox vaccine first he was fine he said lani was very brave i said he was too he said nah i only had 1 needle she had to have 3 and the yucky medicine. i also got my mole off the back i have a few stitches and have to wait 2wks till i can go back to get them out and get the results - [-o< everything is okay - too much sunbaking as a teenager has caught up with me.

well i am off to get the washing in as ds has decided he will do it so i want to make sure that he is just not throwing all the clean clothes onto the ground

see yas

YAY thats great about Lani's results!!! What a relief!

millana was 7 weeks yesterday.We had a check up at the drs and he decided to give her the immunisations and drops.Poor thing.I felt terrible.It wasnt a good day to give it as it was so hot and she got grumpy in the afternoon.Seems fine today,one site is a little red and has a lump.She now weighs 4230g and 53cm long.
    What is this percentiles?How do you know? Does the dr tell you?
    I wonder what has happened to snowy? Hope you are all okay.Probably very busy?
    Sometimes i wish i lived in vic.Would be nice to go out for greek dinner!
    Mum is cooking us chicken parmigana tonite at her place so i shouldnt complain.
    Thanks for replies re-milk rash everyone.I wish they would go as i want to take nice pics and she is all spotty!
    oh well,might as well go clean while she is asleep.I have SIL and MIL visiting tommorow.When Mil came to visit on saturday i could have throttled her.She asked me if i was coping better now.The only reason she said this was because when we went for xmas lunch(a week before) it was stinking hot,no air conditioning on,plus upstairs so heat rises and lots of noise.Poor millana was screaming as she was tired and she was only 3 weeks old.Noone gave a rats and we were there for 7 hrs.The less is see the better!

Hi everyone,

Michelle, I'm so glad to hear that Lani's scan came back ok. I hope your stitches aren't hurting too much.

Caddie. If you have a blue book (do you get them in WA?) you can find the percentile charts in the back. Or you can ask you echn on your next visit. They are kind of interesting because you can see where your baby is size wise compared to other babies the same age but just so long as your baby is thriving its not really important. According to the teacher at my ante-natal class they are not very accurate anyway because they still use charts that were developed when more babies were fed formula and Australia had a higher proportion of caucasians.

Looks like there is not alot of love for MIL's round here. Mine's a monster too.

Yasin is making me laugh so much at the moment. He hates being on his back unless me or DH entertain him and when we put him on his tummy he goes nuts trying to crawl. He is getting his little bum higher in the air by the day and if we put our hands on his feet he pushes off against them and crawples along leaving little drops of dribble as he goes. He travelled half the length of my bed this morning!! After a while he gets really frustrated by not being able to crawl properly and starts yelling so we calm him down then put him back down and he repeats it all over again. I have explained to him that he needs to learn to roll before he starts to work on the crawl but he won't listen. He also loves to stand. For as long as I will keep him balanced he will hold his weight up. He usually sags every now and then for a rest then pushes up again. When people hold him they get a bit of a shock because he immediatley starts trying to push up and straighten his back instead of lying back or cuddling. DH is a bit scared that he's going to be hyperactive.

We have to catch a plane on thursday. I'm a bit worried about how he will react to the ear popping.

I was wondering about Snowy too. I hope that they're well and busy.

dachlostar... I was told to give Matilda a bottle or something to drink as the plane took off & started to plan to land to help them suck on something that makes them swallow & thus helping pop their ears... maybe a wivestale...dunno... :-k

Lily has been waking during the night again. Damn! Oh well, it was good while it lasted. We've upped her formula to 160mls every 4 hours now. She's a total guts!
    Argh! AF returned yesterday. Have had really bad craps allll day. Never had this before. Why'd it have to return worse!

Lara - Good to hear Alana is putting on the weight!
    Mipsy - Hope you had a better night's sleep last night.
    Michelle - Yay for Lani's hips being ok. That great news!
    Spiddles - Yay for Liam's first tooth!
    Caddie - Aww, poor Millana. Hope the red lump goes away soon.

I too was wondering about Snowy. Wonder where she is?

Hi all,

Terrific news on Lani's scan Michelle and I sympathise, we did the same needle trip. It does seem mean to give 3 at once but at least it's done now.

In Victoria our books are yellow and the percentile charts are in the back Caddie, so take a look in the back of yours.

Jessica is actually my smallest by far, my other 3 were 1, 2 and 3 pounds heavier at 4 months, yet Jessica is the earliest to roll, go figure.

Yasin sounds alot like Jessica Dach,She too is very strong in her legs, and is trying to get up on her knees it's just her arms stopping her from crawiling.

Jemma had a temp of 39 degrees today, not sure why, she still has a two yr old molar pushing but she hasn't complained about it, so I am not sure. She drank her panadol today like a champion though, so that relived the stress as I didn't have to hold her down and pour it down her throat. hopefully she wakes up in the morning all better, otherwise i may be up tonight with her. I really should go to bed.

Anyway catch up tomorrow
    Best wishes Michelle

Hi Tegan
    we posted at the same time,

Bummer on Lily's change of sleeping times, don't worry I'm sure it's obnly temporary.

And Grr to AF, your body does change after having a baby, but it should settle down after AF comes a few times. Mine always settles well as I go straight back on the pill which helps to regulate of course. I did have to change to a stronger pill after my 2nd though as I had break through bleeding and so had a 28 day AF and then another AF in 2 weeks, which wasn't nice.

Best wishes Michelle

Newborn forum is very quiet so Im sure no one will mind if I join here one day early!!

First day at Mother's Group went really well, a lot of young mums like me asking lots of questions and just sharing stories. Aidan timed his feeding really well and fed at 12:30 and didnt feed again until 4:30 and MG ran from 1:30 - 3:30! A lot of the girls bottle fed and a few b/f and I wouldnt mind doing it too but I have realised Aidan is a really noisy, messy feeder. He makes a lot of high pitched noises during feeding and is always on and off on my right boob - not sure whats wrong with it but he feeds so much better on the left.

Adding some new photos onto Aidan's website, one when he is holding his head up as he loves to look around already. He has started smiling almost every time we talk to him during 'awake' time but we dont seem to be able to get a photo!

Jess

WOW at Aiden's strength!! He's gorgeous!!

Tegan my first AF was horrible, almost felt like contractions again... but after the first day it was heaps better & my second one I didn't even know when it started 8-[ no cramps at all.... so hope that comforts you some!

Great to see you here Jess! And OMG Aidan is such a cutie!! Glad the mother's group went well.Lily is also smiling but too can't get a photo of it, she's sooo cheeky!

Christy, thanks for that, it has put my mind as ease coz today, no cramps, woohoo!

Welcome Jessica,

OMG that month did fly. Aidan is sooo cute and very strong.

I think it's great that so many new mum's are going to mother's group. I have never been to one, mainly as I worked full time with the first two and so didn't get into them.

Arron is at a funeral today so I am home with the kids again. Am a bit bored so came on to see what's happening, not that I have nothing to do, I have to hang 2 loads of washing out - I am a true procrastinator.

I booked flights for BIL to go and live in QLD last night and now he wants me to write his resume, he's pushing the friendship I tell you. All I know is that I can bet Arron wants to go out drinking again with him before Sat and that really ****s me.

Anyway must fly and do stuff.

Best wishes Michelle

Hi all

Jess Aidan is so cute!

Tegan Grace smiles heaps but like Lily she won't do it for the camera! I think they must know. I got AF back 6 weeks after giving birth. I had post natal bleeding for about 4 weeks, then a week off and then AF started! I have noticed since having my babies that it is heavier every month than it used to be. Just one of those things I guess.

Grace is sleeping in her cot atm. I am going to put her in there for daytime sleeps and work up to putting her there overnight. I don't know if I want her out of my room just yet! She is growing so fast...

Grace has an appointment with the paed next week for a check of her head. When she was born they were concerned that her ant. fontanelle was a bit small, which could be a sign that her head sutures have fused already. Not good, as the skull needs to expand as the brain grows. But her head circumference has been increasing nicely which is a good sign so I am hoping that there will be nothing to worry about.

Michelle - that's good news about Lani's scan!
    Lara - that's great that Alana is putting on weight, it must be a bit of a relief
    Michelle - hope Jemma is feeling better
    Dachlostar - wow at Yasin teething. I am not expecting Grace to start teething anytime soon, Harry didn't get his first tooth until he was 6 months old.

Well, take care everyone

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast