Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, January '05

i'll pretend I didn't hear that Ambah LMAO.

Love

LOL at Lachlan's walking...not far now!! LOL!! Matilda was shown one of those walker push thingos last night & she was more interested in the bits on it too...LOL But the weird thing is today she keeps letting go with one hand while standing...freaky child...

mmm quiet day in here so far! LOL Matilda & I just went to work & I dropped into the family day care centre to just investigate a bit as she's getting a bit hard to handle at work, so I found out I can put her in for one day a week for only 6 hours...so that sounds great! While we were there she was climbing up on the kids furniture and actually pulling chairs away from the table and moving along! Taking steps :shock: The woman there couldn't believe it, she said that Matilda was so determined and it was crazy. I said maybe I'll book Matilda in for two days a week just to have a break... she said I'd need it

That sounds like a great plan Christy !!! She will definitely be the first walker of the group LOL

Love

katanya Guest

Lachie sounds like he is on his way, but hopefully not TOO soon! I am certainly not in hurry for the walking he's got to learn how to crawl properly first!

Poor Aidyn with the yogurts, maybe the other ones would be better? Felix luckily seems to have no troubles with dairy, and yogurt is one of the few things he really likes! They apparently have petite Mium custards too but I couldn't find them?

Matilda! great idea about the childcare, as it will give you a break and her plenty to do in a safe environment! LOL @ the childcare worker being impressed, someone told me today that Felix was advanced for crawling at 8 mths, I just laughed and thought of Matilda..what does that make her?(I think 8 mths is pretty average to commando crawl personally)

We are booked into swimming lessons on monday next week, very exciting! I know already Felix won't be sticking his head under water

Dont' wish walking upon me just yet LMAO. He still can't crawl on all fours yet hahaha. I think he might be pulling up onto all furniture though by the time he turns one. Just has to do it once to higher furniture and he will have his confidence.

Love

mama mel Guest

OMG at all the posts in the last week!!!! Definately gotta find time to come back more often!

\ =D> to Felix, Matilda and Lachlan for all the new milestones! And hugs to all the poor bubbas who were injured recently!

I was reading your posts on the babies turning off the computers and thinking how great it is Adara can't as we don't have an off button on the front (although she does turn it on a bit). Then 10mins later when I'm replying, she comes over and presses the restart button! #-o LMAO

Christy, great idea with the jolly jumper, Adara loves hers and it's great for when you need a break! I'm sure the child care will be fantastic for both of you!

Katanya, gorgeous photos of Felix! I'll try and have a look at all the babies here (& do Adara's site!) when I get a chance.

Ambah, I wouldn't worry about Aidyn at all... Some babies just wanna be on the go and others like to smell the roses a bit.

Hi Brooke! I'm 17wks pg and have a 9mth old and although I didn't plan to do it this way, now I wouldn't have it any other way and think it's the best thing that could've happened. The kids will love it, even if it is more work for us in the beginning. Just one word of warning though - if you have less than a 1yr gap btn pgs, it's A LOT MORE painful! The big stage is only just starting for me and already there's a lot of times where I just have to sit down and I feel like there's knives in my belly or like an elastic has just torn and flicked me, as apparently your ligaments have to work a lot harder if you haven't recovered properly yet. Not looking fwd to the 3rd tri at all!!! But hey, I still say it'll be worth it in the long run!

There was so much to reply to, hope I haven't forgotten anyone...

Well Adara's weight problems are well and truly over, she's actually looking really chubby! Don't think I posted it but last time at the MCHC she'd gained 390g in 3wks which is fantastic!

Should I be worried that she's not talking yet? She does have definate sounds for things - 'Brrrr-xss' for Bronx (dog), 'SSSS" for Chrissy (DSD), 'LLL-gt' for light, and other grunts, etc but no words or even babble yet....

Gotta go, she's getting grumpy.

Mel

katanya Guest

I was reading your posts on the babies turning off the computers and thinking how great it is Adara can't as we don't have an off button on the front (although she does turn it on a bit). Then 10mins later when I'm replying, she comes over and presses the restart button! LMAO
    :chairfall: ROFL!! Sorry Mel but you forgot to say touch wood!

Great to hear that Adara is looking chubby, hope Felix gets that way! Are you still BFing her as well? Felix has stopped eating so well but he's still doing okay!

Adara sounds like she's talking to me! she is indentifing sounds with objects that is really cool!

I am sooo tried tonight, so I'm gonna keep this short and do personals tomorrow.

I finally trekked my way to Indooroopilly shopping centre today! I had been avoiding it in the past cause I thought it would take me an hour, but it only took me 35mins! So now I am feeling slightly less isolated, LOL.
    I walked around the shops for hours and bought myself new sneakers and some clothes, and a GORGEOUS book for Aidyn, I must remember to bring it next Wednesday to show you Christy and Katanya!
    We then went and had dinner with MIL which was nice. She has just come back from Singapore and bought a truck load of clothes for Aidyn. Some of them are gorgeous, but some are a little strange, lol!
    Aidyn was up from 2pm until 10pm without a nap. We only got home at 8pm and by then he was so overtired that he wouldnt sleep either... we arent having the best luck with his sleeping habits lately, but will keep perservering, hopefully he will get into a routine again soon.

Anyway, sleepytime for me now, will write more tomorrow!

LMAO at the strange clothes Ambah, and woohoo at walking to the shops. I could walk to my shops here but they arent' that great so I don't bother

Love

Thats great that you got some new clothes Ambah for Aidyn! Thats funny that she would bring back strange clothes...every once in a while my mum will send something out & DH & I just look at it and don't know where to put it...LOL

Thats so funny about Adara & your computer... I think something like that happened to us when babies were doing kamakaze jumps off beds...LOL

Last night I had serious second thoughts on putting Matilda into care with someone else other than us... but the way DH rationalised it was it was a total of 12 hours a week with heaps of time inbetween and I could get my work done and shopping etc while she was in care so I wouldn't have to stress about her while doing those things... that helped too...thinking that while she's in care I can run around & get things done because I'll have an extra 2 hours after working... (I keep hoping for a nap 8-[ )

Hey Christy, how did you/where did you find out about your family day care centre?? I am soooo confused as to how all of the different day cares work, I just dont know the difference!! How much is it going to be costing you for one 6 hr session (if you dont mind me asking)?? I wish I could put Aidyn somewhere just for a couple of hours a week so I can go and do a propery grocery shop... it is so hard to do without a car atm.

Kathryn - the shops I walked to are awesome, it is one of the biggest centres in Brisbane (there are about 4 huge ones over brisbane I think).

Mel - that is just wonderful to hear that Adara's weight problems are over!! \/

Family day care is a government run thing... I just looked it up in the yellow pages & talked to the office people about it. Its different for each group but basically there is a maximum of 6 children and max of 2 under the age of 1. It is run out of people's homes, and basically I tell them what I was, like days & times & they match me up with someone in my area. Then I go to visit a few times & decide if thats where I want to go. The $$ is around $30-40 a day depending on the carer... and I supply everything for Matilda. Being a 6 hour carer that they have in this area I only pay $30 a day. So I've just signed up and they said it would take a few weeks to match us up & then I go & interview them etc... and see their homes & have Matilda stay an hour or so and just see how things go. You still can get the child care benefit as well.

hi gals, just popped in to ask Christy a question. Are the carers qualified childcare workers? Am just weighing up our options at the moment as childcare has to be booked about 12 mnth ahead in our area.

Some are... they have to have a minimum to become family day care, but the one we are going to used to be a team leader in a daycare...but some others have minimum certificates. Every member of the household must carry a blue card though...

katanya Guest

Christy Family Day care is great idea especially if you like the person and while they are young (One care giver), I was thinking of starting my own, but it takes quite a bit to be acredited now (equipment wise -so that's a good thing) and yes they need to be qualified. I actualy just put Felix on the Waiting list for Community Child care, you might want to check them out , they are non profit and all the money goes back into the centre. I was thinking around 18 mths old of putting him in.
    Christy don't feel bad about putting her in care, today I left him with Lachie for 3 hours, because I had a work meeting, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it, plus coming home to a HUGE smile was SO nice, obviously it was with Lachie but I think if you trust the person you'll feel so much better about it. Plus I have read many books that say girls are able to cope with early childcare, because they are socially more advanced than most boys.

Ambah glad you were able to walk to Indooroopilly so easily, it makes a difference having a good shopping center to visit! Great about the clothes, I have to learn to stay AWAY from the clothes shops, for Felix's clothes not mine! Lucky you getting free clothes for Aidyn, although it's always strange when you see what others tastes are, did you get any Osh Kosh clothes? They make them in singapore?

Hell Everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself as I am new. My name is Clare, I am married with a 9 month old daughter, Shayla.

Shayla has one tooth (at the front down the bottom) with the one next to it on the way. Can crawl way to fast (turn around and you will loose her) and is almost on the way to walking. She walks around holding onto all the furniture and can also walk holding my hand but hasn't quite got to walking on her own yet.

I look forward to hearing and sharing milestones with everyone.

Clare

Hi Clare

Great to have you in here as well, and really look forward to hearing how Shayla is getting along. Wowee at her cruising furniture etc. How long has she been doing that for??

Love

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast