Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, January '05

oh dear its started! LOL! Matilda turned my computer off while I was posting yesterday! LOL...so now I'm going to try and not post while she is awake...

Trying to find something to do today...hmmm....she needs some activity, and going for a walk isn't activity to her...she needs to be out of the pram... maybe we'll walk up to the park at the end of our street & swing together & I'll let her crawl on grass... that might work, just going out of the air con in 30 degree's temp to walk uphill doesn't sound nice to me... but might help with the ol exercising thing...

Lachlan tries to turn the computer off as well. Luckily he hasnt so far !!!

Love

Millies Mum Guest

It is so weird that you were all talking about war wounds because Millie and I have just returned home early from Mums group for that exact reason. My friend Jane has a sunken games room and Millie thinks it is great to climb up and down the step, unfortunately she forgot to put her arms down and face planted on the tiles. Her 2 new teeth went straight through her upper lip blood all over her, me and Janes tiles. It was awful, now I know what they mean when they say you feel your childs pain!. She looks like she's down a few rounds with Mike Tyson.
    I guess this is just the beginning.
    Brooke

oh how scary Brook!!! I hope she heals quickly!!

Ouchies Brooke. I still just about cry with Kameron when he puts his teeth thru his lips and he is 3yrs old lol

Love

katanya Guest

OOOwww!! Poor Millie,that sounds REALLY painful! IKWYM about the empathy with them, I kept think how lucky I was all day that all Felix got was a cut on his cheek I think we'll have to go through the house with a fine tooth comb on the weekend making sure it's it's baby proof!

Millies Mum Guest

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. She has been put to bed with Panadol and a mouthful of teething gel, so hopefully we all get a good nights sleep!

Brooke

LMAO @ Bubbies turning the computer off!! I am lucky, our tower is up on the desk.

Oh dear, poor Millie!!! That must have been sooo painful!! I hope she sleeps through the night ok for you Brooke.

And poor little Felix too!!!

I'm just waiting for Aidyns turn now.... *please noooooo!!!!!*
    He actually seems to have a pretty thick skull, he is forever toppling onto his toys and hard plastic things with corners but he never once has cried yet.
    Lastnight when DP was holding him he wacked his skull against DP's mouth, making DP cut his lip with his tooth. DP yelled in pain (as you do) and Aidyn got sooo scared - he thought DP was angry with him, and he started shrieking and crying the terrible high pitched wail - he was absolutely petrified of the noise DP had made at him (Aidyn hadnt hurt his head at all as usual) He was so upset that it made me cry to see him so scared of his Daddy. But he calmed down in my arms straight away and forgot about it soon after. It was just soooo strange though to see him so terrified and to hear the noises he made, I felt so bad for the little mite!! Poor DP didnt even get any sympathy and he was the hurt one!

katanya Guest

wow Ambah a similar thing happened with DP and Felix, Felix was flicking a band on his wrist and DP was saying "ouch" everytime Felix did it, as he kept doing it, Felix's bottom lip dropped and started trembling, then about the 10th go he burst out crying, and I mean howling inconsolably! I was on the phone, and thought he'd hurt himself, Lachie couldn't calm him down, I eventually took him and calmed him down..Lahie thought it was funny he was so empathatic! Poor little guy he thought he was hurting his Daddy! At least your DP had an excuse for scaring Aidyn!

I have decided as long as the floor is clear of hazards I like this crawling thing for now, felix is happliy crawling around his toys playing with what he wants and then moving to the next thing, I can see him too! No computer fiddling today ..yet!

YAY... I went out & got Matilda a jolly jumper today so I can get on the computer in peace...LOL She's had a great time in it this morning & I got a second hand one from two streets away for $20 and its in really good nick, YAY!

ok just another thing...Matilda's been whistling. Its hilarious she purses her lips together & breathes in & out & it whistles & she cracks up laughing... I wonder if she realises that she's the one doing it...but she keeps doing it LMAO! Its been a pretty fun day!

katanya Guest

LOL @ Matilda in the Jolly Jumper, if anyone suits a Jolly Jumper it's Matilda! You'll have to take some photos! Just hope she doesn't jump too high!
    The whistling sounds really cute! Felix has a range of noises he makes, it's really cute, he crawls around and babbles to things, it is really the first time in his life recently that he is totally happy self entertaining! I spend time playing with him and reading, but I want him to have time exploring and playing alone. I think it's a really important skill.

Done!! I'm just updating the website as I type this... so in a few minutes there will be a picture on her space... I love putting the new photo's on there...

Hey Christy, thats great that you got a Jolly Jumper for so cheap!! Matilda must be having a ball!
    Sooo cute about the whistling too!

Katanya and Kathryn - I've read somewhere that you are both giving your boys Petit Miam... I was just wondering if it is a special 'babies' type you have found?? I looked in the fridge section and could only buy 6x80g tubs of it, it was in the kids desserts section pretty much near the Yogo etc... do you think I got the right one, or is there a special babies one??

Yep ambah you are in the right section. Where the Petit Miam is, just check the containers that say Baby written across it. Baby is written pretty big so hard to miss, but will be in that section right near normal petit miam.

Kantanya - I had to laugh at Felix dropping his bottom lip when DP was sayinng ow. Too cute.

Brooke - How is Millie going now. Did she sleep okay the other night when you gave her bonjela and panadol ??

Christy - As I said in the other post Matilda is just gorgeous.

Lachlan was sooking this arvo every time he went on the floor, so I was standing him up between my legs and was holding him around the race, he seemed to have pretty good balance so I let go and he stood there for about 3 secs before falling beginning to topple over. I went outside and got Kamerons old walker (one you walk behind and push). Lachlan pushed it but the feet stayed in the same spot hahahaha. Then he realised there was stuff you could play with on it so was more interested in that and took his mind of crying.

Love

katanya Guest

Christy :looked up the photos WOW she is SO cute, such a strong personality, and SUCH a gorgeous smile! I wasn't able to get afew at the end, but saw the jolly jumper, boy does she look happy! Who would have known $10 would have turned into such happiness!

Ambah: I buy the petite yum ones in the mini tubs, they also have baby yogurt which are baby yogurts I think the differnce is the baby ones don't have any added sugar, Felix likes the sweeter ones! I remember the MCHN said that as long as they are full fat ones that is all that is important and no sugar is preferable, but to me she said sugar is calories! I also buy him Jalna creamy vanilla yogurt. I am thinking of getting some ricotta cheese to put in things, as that has heaps more calories!

Thanks for all your wonderful comments on Matilda, of course we think she's the most cleverest beautiful child ever, but we might be a little winsy bit biased... ... She's so funny right now, every time she see's the camera she smiles at it... I wonder if she knows...

I tried Matilda on the plain ol yogurt... and she hates it...even mixed with her fav fruit... but it doesn't have any sugar added so it could be that as well then she had a bit of diarrhoea afterwards, and I have problems with milk tolerance, so maybe thats her problem as well?? Thats her first try at any dairy substance....so next time we'll try again and watch closely that all other items she eats are things she's already been okay with.

I think I tried Aidyn on the wrong Petit Miam... he loved it, but then threw it all up 5 minutes later!! #-o It was probably way too rich for him... I will look for the Baby ones tomorrow, and will eat the other ones myself! Yummo! LOL

WOW @ Lachlan standing by himself!! Not long now Kat.... and he will be WALKING!!! ARGH!!! :shock:

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast