Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, January '05

Well I truly was up with the birds this morning! I needed to make sure DP didnt leave without fixing up the internet for me. - We had a 20sec blackout lastnight and afterwards I couldnt get the modem to dial up and DP was alseep so couldnt help me... so I was faced with the prospect of no nighttime surfing (shock horror!!! :shock... so I decided to go to bed early instead

speaking of sleep, we had a repeat of last night with being up every hour or so... even with a feed around 2am.... #-o so she's just gotten back to sleep, and I'm going back to bed now too...

Other than that going well... hey anyone going for the free pneumococcal vaccine? We're still debating it... :-k

We will be Christy I should really ring and get that done see if I can get in before Andrew has to go back to work.

Love

Asha had hers yesterday with her 6 month injections. She will only need ot have another one in 2 months from now rather than the 3 they have to have if younger than 6 months!

Cheers

:hugs: Christy, I hope you ended up getting some well deserved shut-eye today...
    Yeah we are getting the pneumococcal vaccination for Aidyn... just not sure when yet, as we want to keep it apart from his next ones (12 months) cause that is a big enough one as it is...

katanya Guest

Hi all!
    not good news on the sleeping Christy that sounds SO exhausting, I hope she passes through it quickly you poor thing!

I have Felix booked for the pneumococcal needle on monday, he is haviong it at 8 mths and then at 10 mths only needs the 2 as he is over 6 mths..so won't be anywhere near the 12 month ones!

Felix has been okay today with his sleeping during the day, amazing how much he'll actually sleep when we are home! He threw a big tantrum over going to bed tonight though..though Lachie did get him all excited..I could have killed him, I told him after dinner that it wasn't helping and it makes things more difficult etc..any how!

Hope everyone is okay otherwise!

Good morning... well yesterday every time I fell asleep during the day Matilda would wake up or get stuck somewhere in her active sleep in the cot & call out...yuck, so I went to bed at 8.30pm and woke up twice with her in the night & then got up with her at 5.45am.... so not so bad, at least I got 4 hours straight sleep to start with. Still tired this morning though... been waking up DH to walk in the mornings with the dogs & Matilda, which is great for us because we need the exercise, but tiring....

So.. today I am cleaning & finishing the gigantic pile of laundry that is sitting in the middle of the house 8-[ .... and thats it!! YAY!!! Yesterday I made enough baby food to feed an army of babies...LOL my freezer's full!! But I figured I was at home, so may as well do it while I have time. I've got a great book called Solid Start which has some different ideas to making baby food... which is really easy & handy.....

Anyway... Matilda is happily playing in her play pen atm.... and I [-o< its the start of a good day!!

I hear you re the mound of washing Christy. The boys go thru so many clothes it isnt funny lmao. I have 3 or 4 loads out on the line atm, and a load in the machine and about 3 more on the floor 8-[

Love

OMG.... I am PML.. I just walked in to check on Aidyn, he is sleeping on our bed with DP, and I hear this snoring coming from the bed, and I think 'typical Jackson, goes to bed drunk and snores all night!' but when I moved closer I realised it was coming from my little man!! Sooooooo cute!! I should've realised in the first place cause it wasnt as loud as DP's, but then I have never heard Aidyn snore like that. He is there lying on his belly with his arms splayed out, snoring his little head off... its moments like these that I love him so, so much that I just want to laugh and cry and wake him to give him a big cuddle

You are amazing Christy!! I dont know how you manage to go for early morning walks, as well as make a truckload of baby food, as well as clean the house - all on so little sleep!! What a trooper!! You put me to shame!! (Dont tell my DP how much you manage to get done, ok? )

Thats soooo cute Ambah!! How gorgeous... yep its definately moments like those where I melt & just want to kiss her... this morning she was in the playpen happily playing & I was watching her & she kept putting her head down like she was going to sleep... now this child NEVER just puts her head down, so even though she wasn't showing any tired signs beyond that I picked her up & just cuddled her on the rocking chair and she fell to sleep in around 30 seconds :shock: ...hmmmm... she's been asleep for 30 minutes now...YAY! Just that the past two weeks with the whole changing routines thing, its taken ages to get her to sleep, she'll start screaming even while I'm holding her & just cries for like 40 minutes before she finally collapses and sleeps... which is emotionally draining for me, and today an hour or so early she just went to sleep... magic!

Today is our first swimming lesson! Off to the big pool for a free orientation class to see how she goes... She loves the water so I thought I'd better get her in there because she loves to stick her head under ](*,) and I'll feel better if we both know what to do... even in the bath with like 5cm of water she'll stick her face in it.

5 hours of sleep last night & I have to leave Matilda with a neighbour later this arvo so I can go to work as they are a bit desperate... yuck.
    She'll be there for an hour & a half before DH gets home, but scary still...

I don't know how you do it either Christy. My house was a brothel the other night and I said to Andrew I know I am slack and apologised for not keeping the house a bit tidier and spending all my time on the computer LMAO 8-[ Got to get a bit of organisation back into my life because he will go back to work Monday, and from Tuesday I am back into working from home as well.
    But at least over the last 4 weeks he has seen how much crap the kids can cause so may not harp on about it so much. This was his first holiday with both kids on the go.

Lachlan ate roast dinner last night. Did him peas, corn, roast spud and lamb and blended it all up and put it into a breakfast bowl, it was half full and thick and he ate the lot !!

Love

katanya Guest

Ambah that is SO cute, when ever Lachie ends up asleep with Felix I always get the camera out, the he looks at the photos later, and wonders when I took them! LOL @ the snoring, Felix used to be really noisey on his back but now sleeps on his tummy, I used to wake up and hear DP on one side and Felix on the other..kind of hard to go to sleep!!

Christy that is AMAZING with the sleeping! fantastic that things might be changing in her sleeping patterns of late!! I can't beleive she puts her face right into the waterin the bath, I think she's going to be one hell of a woman, SO adventerous. I think her sleep promblms seem to be because she just can't stop squeezing every drop out of life! How wonderful! Of course being a mother to a child this would be downright exhausting! I too can't believe how you maintain the energy! Good luck at the swimming lessons sounds like she's a natural!

Kathryn I can totally relate to the less housework and too much time on the computer, DP commented on the same the other day 8-[ I now manage to get things done AND turn it off for a little while insetad of leaving it on while I check back.

Ambah I made some of that custard from those receipes, instead of the apple I used mashed banana, but I got distarcted and I think it was there too long or it wasn't stired properly, because it was lumpy, but It was very yummy, I tasted it! Unfortunately not the texture Felix likes! Though He ate 2 meals of avo, yougurt and flaxseed yesterday and NO tinned egg custard all day! This morning he ate a decent amout of farex too! he ate SO well when we were with my mother group, he watched the babies eating and it worked SO well! I put the DVD on thsi morning whie he ate and it worked again! I hope we don't have to do it for the rest of his life!

Sorry Katanya I have to remove your image, as images within posts are not allowed as it states in the forum guidelines

Love

Matilda just had her first ride on a skateboard! LMAO! She was playing with our skateboards & was loving the wheels so I put them on the ground properly so she wouldn't knock them over on her head and she pushed herself along with her top half on the skateboard & her bottom half pushing LMAO!! Too funny, oh DH is going to be bursting with pride at having his daughter skate...thats part of what attracted us to each other...

btw DH got home last night & said, I swear everyday Matilda has a new bruise on her head or lump... what can I say?? She is adventurous & things happen? She never cries when she bumps her head and sometimes I don't even know its happened, I mean she's in the play pen and I'm within 2 metres from her in the kitchen and can see her & I pick her up & she's got a lump... oh well she heals quickly at least... so I felt like a bad mum for a few minutes...lol until she tried to jump out of his arms & he had a hard time holding onto her saying how strong she was. 8-[

ok marathon post here btw remember I don't always clean, I still have someone come once a month to help me out...LOL not everyone gets that luxury... she's coming today and I had to get the washing done beforehand, because once she's finished I get to put my feet up for a few days...LOL... or just not feel so bad about the state of Matilda's clothes from crawling on a very dirty floor...

Don't you love the state the clothes get in LMAO. I said to Lachlan "hurry up and crawl properly will you" cause from his chest to his feet are disgusting no matter how often i mop LOL. Got to love Preen

Love

so over mopping too Kathryn!!

Liam and Cairenn are feral eaters. Could mop/vac 2 times a day with no luck!

So over crunchies on the floor :smt102

Yeah I think a stone or something must have come inside from the shoes, Lachlan was next to me (I am in barefeet and haven't been outside yet) and he was laying on his back. I looked down and he was choking OMG scary especially how quiet it was iykwim, so I threw him upside down and hit his back and he spat it up *phew*

I was having visions of Aidyn turning blue, but he is okay now and is sleeping after the dilemma.

love

OMG!!

Glad he is ok - how are you mummy? Bet you got more of a fright.

HUGS!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast